Chain Reaction VIII
1.5k 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After saying temporary goodbyes as Amaterasu needed to further discuss the alliance with her cohorts and having heard Azazel came around looking for him, Jun promptly decided to have a date with Yasaka first.

A few minutes later, leaving a rather displeased Kunou behind as her mother giggled her way down the steps of her shrine home holding Jun's arm, she asked him a question on her mind.

"I would think you'd be rather busy with many people seeking you out at this time, considering the overall situation." Yasaka started.

"Do you really have the time to go on a date with me?" She then asked.

The answer she was looking for however, was most certainly not a yes and neither did Jun planned on giving her one.

"I don't really. In fact, Azazel is in Kuoh looking for me right now." Jun honestly replied, causing a mischievous and seductive smile to surge onto Yasaka's beautiful face.

"And yet you're here starting a date with little old me?" She teasingly questioned.

"You're much better company and you deserve it." Jun replied with a rather compliment based answer.

"Mmmmm . . . And you're sure this is not just an afterthought since you have a time window after deciding to pull some sort of power play by making Azazel wait?" Yasaka inquired full of suspicions but keeping a teasing expression on her face as if she was simply joking, even though in truth, she was most definitely not.

She wanted to take the flçattery and believe he cared but she was far to knowing of the ways of the world and far to unwilling to fool herself without proper reason.

Even if the possibility of disappointment was high as Jun was sure to give her an honest answer, the foxy beauty just had to know the pure truth behind his actions.

"Do you want the honest truth or a sweeter lie?" Jun questioned in response.

Yasaka's teasing expression gave way to a more serious one as she solemnly nodded to indicate the truth was what she indeed wanted.

As the the seductive fox awaited his response with an uncharacteristically serious expression on her beautiful face, Jun's expression melted from his casual smile to a sweeter one as he gave his answer.

"Truth be told . . ." He started, heavy on the dramatic pauses just to tease Yasaka who already had a belly full of anger at just the first one.

"The reason I'm ignoring Azazel's request for a meeting and instead I'm having a date with you is very simple." Jun paused again and the nine tailed fox was already considering the consequences of trying to hit him as she was fully aware he was doing it on purpose just to irk her.

'Clearly, his sweet smile at the start was just to have me drop my guard and increase the effectiveness of his annoyance tactics.' Yasaka thought to herself, all manner of devious counterattack plans forming in her deceptively sharp and cunning mind.

When Jun finally spilled the meat of the matter however, all of those evil counterattack plans were immediately dispelled as if they never existed, giving way to a wave of unprecedented warmth, some of it not the most innocent and pure kind.

"I simply don't care about Azazel enough to go to him after noticing my girl has been missing my presence so much." He confidently declared while in Kuoh, the mentioned fallen angel sneezed.

'Is a beauty thinking about me again?' He internally asked himself with a narcissistic expression that reminded Asako of her master, plastered on his face. The only difference for the assassin was that her master was far better looking and completely justified in the making of such an expression.

Clearly, she had her own issues.

back to Jun's earlier words, they were a bit braggadocious, claiming that Yasaka was missing him so much so obviously that he just could not leave her be was, at least the way the foxy beauty saw it, a blatant exaggeration but, the core of the matter remained the same.

She was more important than his other matters. To a Yasaka madly attracted even if not fully in love, that thought and that truth was more than enough.

And so, on a their date they went, Yasaka already planning for a "special reward" at the end of their night. Meanwhile, Azazel sullenly awaited Jun who he was informed would only come back to Kuoh the next day.

At first, he thought he was running some important errands or taking care of some secret matter as Jun was notorious for disappearing to who knew where for undetermined periods of time before reappearing, completely changed from before, with no explanation at all to give.

Soon, however, he received a message from his most capable subordinate, informing him that they found Jun's location, apparently, he was having fun on a date in Kyoto with the Nine Tailed Fox who led the yokai there.

Hearing those news, Azazel was torn between being supremely annoyed at Jun's dismissal and being utterly impressed by the demeanor of blowing off business for beauties without a second thought.

He knew it was not some sort of power play even without meeting him. Jun had definitely just felt like going on a date and blew him off.

'What a man.' The fallen angel nodded to himself.

Meanwhile, his messages were intercepted by the bounded fields surrounding and permeating Jun's personal little castle and Asako redirected them to him right away so he would be aware.

Jun's response? Pretending. Pretending that nothing happened and no information reached him. For in that moment, even if that moment alone, he was Yasaka's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

7