Chapter 4
1.2k 5 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before going out, Noel changed his clothes to a more casual attire. It was still dominantly black. Frederic's casual attire was silver and sky blue, giving him an opposite aura from when Noel first met him. It was a bearing of royalty.

A prince as a military commander that has his own private unit.

Frederic was really something else.

The opposite of him and his 6 brothers who did their own things as they wanted while giving all their tasks to their prime minister.

But still, he never knew the mortal world and underworld had been in peace with one another. There were many demons as servants in the castle along with demi-humans.

That was except for holy creatures. For example angels and elves. Their pride and intolerance were on a whole another level, so it made sense. Thinking about it, humans and demons weren't that different. It wasn't that strange they found peace sooner or later.

Frederic saw Noel was looking at the servants of different races and spoke, "Are you surprised? 300 years ago, the human race, demi-human races, and demons signed a peace treaty. Humans and demi-humans can go to the underworld to study or work as long as they have a permit from the Interworld Border Control. It was also the same the other way around."

"Alrgava, the place you mentioned, could be somewhere in the underworld. We will go there after your citizenship is made because it is a necessary document to be submitted to IBC to make your visa." Frederic added.

Noel nodded in understanding. The world was so convenient now that he didn't need to wait for his brothers to pick him up. Anyway, he wasn't in a hurry. 

They reached the garden. It was filled with the fresh scent of flowers and grass. It was meticulously cared for with trimmed bushes and no rotten flowers. The opposite of the garden in his home which was full of dead flowers and thorns. One of his brothers probably buried corpses there. Not that he hated it though.

"Noel, do you think you can try walking? Although floating is indeed convenient, it consumed the energy that you are currently lacking. It is also beneficial for your muscles to be used often." Frederic suggested.

The main objective of the stroll was to make Noel's body get used to movement. It wouldn't serve its purpose if Noel floated around instead of walking.

Noel looked at the ground and hesitated. From his birth until now, he couldn't remember when was the last time he used his legs. He could float since he was a toddler and has been using this method to move ever since because it was too tiring to walk.

He shook his head to Frederic, "Floating is good. Walking is not."

"Are you perhaps…disabled? Forgive me for my insensitivity." Frederic immediately apologized.

Noel saw the guilt in his face and corrected him, "Too lazy."

Frederic blinked several times, "Too lazy…to walk?"

Noel floated around him and repeated with a nod, "Floating is good."

Not knowing what to reply, Frederic relented, "…Alright."

Looking at his downcast face, Noel wondered just how much Frederic wanted him to walk. After considering it, he slowly descended down. When his feet touched the ground, he retracted his energy and let his weight drop. Now that they were both on the ground, their difference in height was apparent with Noel only reaching Frederic's chest.

"Noel…?"

"You cut my hair. I can walk for you."

When he tried taking a step forward, he wasn't used to it, so he quickly lost his balance. Frederic caught his arm in a hurry.

"Be careful!"

Noel slightly pouted, "Walking is not good."

Frederic didn't expect it would be this bad. He felt a bit moved that Noel would try doing it just because of his haircut. He wasn't even the one doing the deed.

"It is alright. I will help you get used to it."

Because of their height, it was actually kind of hard for Frederic to lead him by the front. So he put out his arm beside Noel for him to support himself. He also matched his pace with Noel so that he wouldn't be accidentally dragged by him.

"Oh my, Prince Frederic! Who is that adorable little boy?"

Frederic, who was watching Noel's steps carefully, looked up to the source of the voice. He saw his sister-in-law walking towards him with her personal maid shading her with her parasol.

"Good afternoon, Lady Diaz. This is Noel. He will be staying in the palace with us for now and he is under my care," he turned to Noel, "Noel, this is Lady Diaz, my second older brother's wife, my sister-in-law."

Noel nodded in greetings.

Looking at Noel's face, Diaz was mesmerized. She has never seen a boy so pretty before!

"You are too lovely!" Diaz reached out to pinch his cheek.

Before her hand could reach him, black smoke emerged and blocked it. Diaz was startled by the sudden emergence of the substance and stumbled back. Her maid quickly caught her before she fell down.

The smoke lowered and revealed Noel's frowning face, "Don't touch me."

Frederic was stunned. He quickly tried calming Noel down, "Noel, Lady Diaz was not going to hurt you. She probably just wanted to pinch your cheek. I am sorry if she startled you. Can you pull back your energy? You are scaring Lady Diaz."

Noel listened to him.

"Lady Diaz, are you alright? Did you get injured?"

Diaz shook her head, "I am fine. It was my fault for scaring him. I tend to get too excited when I see beautiful people and things."

"Please save those words to be said to my brother or else he will get jealous."

Diaz rolled her eyes and opened her fan, "He is always jealous. Even to a little puppy."

"It just means that he loves you very much," Frederic smiled, "Are you going to have lunch, Lady Diaz?"

"Yes, I am," she then got an idea, "Why don't you two join us? Prince Kaius and his wife are also there with their children."

"What do you think, Noel?" Frederic asked.

Noel shook his head. Too many people. Exhausting.

Frederic looked at Diaz apologetically, "Maybe not today, Lady Diaz. Please have a pleasant lunch. We will be excusing ourselves first."

Diaz watched them leave regretfully. She would like to look at Noel a little longer, but the rest were probably waiting for her.

When she reached the glasshouse where they were about to have lunch, she saw that other than her, everyone else was already there with their respective personal aide.

"Darling, where have you been? I looked for you everywhere to come here together." Phillip stood up and approached his wife.

Diaz let him hug her waist and led her to the table. She inwardly sighed. When they first dated, she would blush from his pet name. But until now, Phillip hasn't stopped calling her 'Darling' that it just made her feel embarrassed in public. Not to mention his idiotic face when looking at her.

Mary softly laughed, "Lady Diaz, you are still as loved as ever. Prince Phillip was brooding before you arrive. Even Lapis and Lazuli couldn't cheer him up."

Diaz sat down, "Apologies for my late arrival Prince Kaius, Lady Mary. I coincidentally met Prince Frederic on the way here. Have you seen the boy he brought back with him? He was too lovely! I invited the two of them here, but unfortunately, the boy refused. It seems like he has some aversion to strangers."

"A boy? It is not a girl?" Mary was surprised.

"His face is androgenous with a petite stature. It is possible the servants mistook him for a girl," Diaz pushed away Phillip's face that was sticking on her shoulder, "Phil, you're heavy for heaven's sake!"

"…You never call me lovely." Phillip protested.

"Because you're not." Diaz shot him down.

Kaius and Mary chuckled. Kaius spoke, "We only heard of him, but we haven't seen him ourselves. The last I heard was that he has been sleeping for a full week without waking up once."

"Yes, he was so weak that Prince Frederic needed to support him walking," Diaz added, "Oh, but his magic is very powerful."

Kaius raised his eyebrows, "How powerful?"

"His inner energy has manifested a physical form. A very thick black smoke. From the looks of it, he can control them both passively and actively."

Mary's eyes widened, "If I remember correctly, there are no more than 20 people in this country who have such strong energy."

"17 to be exact. Mother is one of them. Isn't that why Father and Mother accepted him?" Phillip grumbled.

"If so, why haven't we been informed of it?" Kaius tilted his head.

39