Chapter 5
1.1k 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One morning, Frederic went to Noel's room as usual after he finished his morning training and took a bath. He knocked three times and came in when there was no reply from inside.

It has been 2 weeks since Noel stayed in the palace. He was used to this routine of waking up Noel in the morning. Opened the curtains to let the sun in, purified the room from his energy to dispel the drowsiness caused by it, pulled open his bed cover, and shook his shoulder a few minutes.

He now experienced what it was like to be a butler.

The servants offered to do it for him in panic, but he refused. The main reason was that Noel didn't want to be touched by anyone other than him or else his energy would react violently. Frederic himself also wasn't unwilling to do this.

On the contrary, there was a sense of satisfaction…?

He often couldn't understand himself recently.

Noel slowly opened his eyes to see Frederic's face as usual. He rubbed his eyes and sat up. 12 hours of sleep was barely a nap for him. This was why he hated the mortal world's morning. Just because the sun was up, they also needed to be up.

He looked at Frederic.

This man was also strange on his own. Why was he so fond of waking up so early in the morning and doing many things when the rest of his people were still sleeping?

Frederic saw Noel staring at him and patted his own face. He was sure he cleaned himself properly, "Is there something on my face?"

Noel yawned and shook his head, "Nothing."

"I have good news for you. Your visa has been approved. We can visit the demon world now. Do you want to go today?"

"Okay."

Frederic noticed that since a few days ago, Noel has been answering his yes or no questions with short sentences. At first, Noel would just nod for a yes and shake for a no. But with other people, he didn't change.

Frederic was secretly happy with their progress.

Noel floated up from the bed and instantly changed as usual. Other than creating clothes, his energy could also be used for cleaning his body. In fact, every time he changed, his energy would clean his body first before materializing the clothes.

His brothers stopped washing him when they were in their rebellious phase. Until the present time, only one of his brothers wanted to wash him, but that brother of his was too dangerous in a lot of ways. So, he developed this function with his energy.

When Noel finished changing, Frederic could smell the faint scent of dew. It was similar to the scent of dawn when he started his morning practice.

He knew that Noel was actually very powerful. His own energy hasn't materialized yet, so if the two of them fought seriously, he would definitely lose. But considering Noel was 500 years old and has been in slumber, it was reasonable for him to have an abundance of energy. Another possibility was that because he was this powerful that he was locked up by the humans.

But even after knowing all these things, Frederic couldn't see Noel as a 500-year-old demon. In his eyes, Noel was just a little innocent demon who would fall asleep if he left him in silence for more than 5 minutes.

Thinking about it, it was possible that Noel didn't get out from that tower because he was too lazy to try.

Frederic was amused by his own thoughts.

Noel looked at him in askance. Frederic shook his head, "Let's go, Noel."

The carriage has been prepared with 5 people from Frederic's unit accompanying them. They were just about to enter when a soldier hurriedly ran over with a letter in his hand.

"Commander Frederic, please wait for a moment!" the soldier gasped for air and handed him the letter, "There is an urgent letter for you from Commander Ziev."

Frederic accepted it and promptly read it. He looked at Noel, "It seems like I have some urgent business to attend to. Would you like to go to the demon world first? My subordinates can escort you there. I will catch up after this matter is finished."

"Go with you."

Normally, Frederic would just ask Noel to stay in the castle to wait for him. But considering his strength, Noel basically didn't need any protection. Actually, he would probably fall asleep later.

"Alright," he ordered his subordinates, "Change of plan. We're heading to Philgos to assist Commander Ziev. Call the others."

Noel entered the carriage and sat down. Frederic was arranging things outside as Noel fell asleep inside shortly after he shut the curtain.

"Commander, are you going to ride the carriage?" one of his subordinates asked.

Frederic looked at the closed curtains, "I'll ride my horse."

It took 2 hours for them to reach Philgos from the capital city. In addition to the preparation, they arrived less than 3 hours after Frederic received the letter.

A person was standing beyond the gate to welcome their arrival. He led them to the military headquarter in Philgos. Once they reached there, Frederic immediately saw the robust tan-skinned man wearing the same uniform as him but in a sloppier manner with a few buttons opened, showing his chest. There was a pair of rounded ears above his head full of black hair.

Frederic unmounted his horse and shook hands with the man, "Good to see you again, Ziev."

Ziev slapped Frederic back, which he meant to be a pat, "Last time we worked with each other was when we raided that bandit's nest at Rogdolf, isn't that right? It really has been too long."

"I read your letter. Is it true there're going to be flocks of Deaquix coming here?"

Ziev nodded, "Let's talk about this inside," then he noticed the royal carriage among Frederic's convoy, "Why do you bring a carriage here?"

"No, it's not for me."

Frederic went to open the carriage door. As he expected, Noel was sleeping. It was amazing how he could still fall asleep with a slightly awkward posture like that. On the floor moreover. He probably fell from the cushion seat because of their rush.

Although he felt a bit guilty, it was slightly funny thinking about the scene.

Frederic decided not to wake him up before lunch which was in around an hour.

Ziev then saw Frederic bring out a petite boy from the carriage and carry him with his own arms.

"I didn't know you already have a child!" Ziev was shocked.

"No, he's a guest of mine. I'm currently taking care of him until I find his home or relatives."

"Ahh…Looking at him more, I guess he is around 15 or 16? It's impossible to be yours. How pitiful." Ziev moved his itchy finger to poke Noel's face.

"Ah–" Frederic wanted to stop him but it was too late.

Black smoke rushed out from Noel's body and attacked Ziev. Ziev took a step back with a quick reflex to avoid it. Frederic didn't know if it was because Ziev was stronger than average, the amount of black smoke coming out was thicker than usual.

"What the hell?!"

"I wanted to warn you, but you just have to go ahead and do it. He didn't mean to hurt you. It's like a defense mechanism in his body."

"Why isn't he attacking you?"

"Because he is already familiar with me."

Ziev realized another thing, "His energy…"

Frederic narrowed his eyes at him, "Don't even think about using him."

Ziev deflated, "Fine, let's go inside."

They went to the meeting room which has a big rectangular table at the center. Frederic placed Noel down on the sofa inside before starting the meeting with Ziev and several other soldiers.

Deaquix was a type of flying demon beast. Their size was three times bigger than humans and they tend to move in a flock.

It would be fine if it was just that. The problem was, everywhere they went, they would bring a windstorm with them. The size depends on the size of their flock. In addition, they would snatch any living beings along their way as their food stock. Some would be eaten instantly while some could be lucky enough to be saved for later.

Ziev said he got the warning from Lupia, a neighboring town. They were caught off guard by the sudden windstorm and didn't expect it to be a Deaquix windstorm. They attacked those on the streets and broke into houses. There were many casualties including those who were eaten and taken away.

Their mission was to defend against the Deaquix, protect the city and its people, and save those who were taken away but haven't been eaten yet.

They have approximately 5 hours before the storm arrived.

As they were discussing their plan and task distribution, the silently sleeping Noel opened his eyes.

36