Chapter 23
819 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before she could move, Cecille's body was bound in place by a clear smoke.

Frederic guessed that Kaius hasn't explained the circumstances to her. They did promise not to tell anyone about their deal to others. Especially the content and purpose.

But now, there's nothing to be afraid of anymore. Heuglen explained to him regarding the marriage in the demon world. Basically, it didn't need any requirement other than the 2 people's consent, a witness, and marriage vows. They didn't even need a ring and could just mark each other any way they want. Not to mention relatives.

If his parents were to force him to marry Cecille after knowing his relationship with Noel, he could just elope with Noel and live in the demon world peacefully. He was confident his ability could match his mother after his breakthrough several days ago.

It wouldn't be the best outcome, but it wasn't the worst either. As long as Noel was with him, there would never be a worst possible outcome.

"Lady Elvestine, our time together has ended. Please do not come near me ever again. I do not wish for someone to have a misunderstanding about us. Not Noel, not anyone." Frederic straightforwardly said.

"Prince…Frederic…?" Cecille was stunned by Frederic's sudden change of attitude.

The palace guards watching, "…"

No, we're the ones who should be surprised by your density.

"We will explain everything inside," Frederic turned towards Heuglen, "Prime Minister Zerfnier, what are your plans now?"

"I will follow inside in case there is anything that needs to be reported to them."

Frederic nodded in understanding and the three of them went inside. Frederic cast off the restraining spell on Cecille after they were a few steps ahead.

In the audience hall, everybody has gathered to greet the Prime Minister since they were informed of the arrival of his carriage. They didn't expect to see Frederic and Noel returning together with him.

"I have returned, Father, Mother." Frederic bowed slightly.

"Frederic, we are very glad to see you have finally returned in full health," the King stood up, "Prime Minister Zerfnier, I cannot thank you enough for taking care of him and even giving our son a ride back."

"Do not misunderstand, King Harteinz. I did not do anything. It is Lord Noel who nursed him back to health," Heuglen turned his head to Frederic, "Then, I won't interfere with your matter."

He calmly walked to the side. Snapping his fingers, a chair appeared for him to sit on. At this time, Cecille arrived at the hall and joined the others. She heard the King speak as he sat down.

"What matter is the Prime Minister talking about, Frederic?"

"Father, Mother, there are 2 important things I must speak to you about."

"Then, why don't you let No–" the Queen glanced at Heuglen and corrected her words, "Let Lord Noel rest in his room?"

Frederic looked at Noel's sleeping face and recalled how he hadn't been sleeping enough when nursing him. He smiled indulgently, "It is alright. Noel sleeps more comfortably in my arms."

Cecille's heart turned anxious. It was different. He never smiled like that to her. She has a feeling that whatever things Frederic was about to say, it wouldn't be good for her.

The Queen frowned. She felt that Frederic's words were too ambiguous, "What do you mean by that, Frederic?"

"This is the first thing I need to tell you." Frederic looked up at his parents fearlessly.

Kaius stared at him.

Is he really going to tell them? Out of his own will?

Phillip and Diaz looked at each other in worry.

"I do not have any slightest bit of intention to marry Lady Elvestine. My heart, soul, and entire being have already belonged to someone else since a long time ago. I will do anything and stop at nothing to be with him."

Heuglen inwardly clapped in admiration at Frederic's declaration. When had he ever heard such passionate words coming out of a demon's mouth? Even his proposal to his wife wasn't so deep.

Well, he has 5 wives, 3 male wives, and several concubines, so who was he to say?

The King clenched his fist, "And this someone is…"

"As you have guessed. It is the person in my arms, Noel."

"How dare you!" the Queen stood up in rage. She remembered the Prime Minister was still there and lowered her volume, "We will not allow such debauched and disgusting practice in our family."

"Prince Frederic, then what is the meaning of your kind attitude towards me?" Cecille teared up.

Frederic glanced at Kaius, "I can only say, I was forced by someone, and it was just an act. I deeply apologized, Lady Elvestine."

"Frederic, I did not expect I raised my son to be deceitful." The King frowned.

"I never meant to deceive anybody. But with the stakes at that time, I can only do that to keep Noel by my side. And even that I lost. Fortunately, my effort paid off and I gained back my beloved. I will not tolerate any second time which is why I am telling all of you here about my feelings towards him now."

"Frederic, you are just confused and sick. He has bewitched or cursed you to be attached to him. We will call the royal mage to heal you and sober your mind." The Queen decisively said.

"I am not confused nor am I sick, Mother. And I implore you to not slander Noel."

"No, this is final! I am not going to let you be the servant of lust and commit the sin of tangling with another man. Not to mention, as a royal, you cannot have an interracial relationship."

The Queen's purple butterflies appeared to restrain Frederic and took Noel away from him.

Unexpectedly, a clear shimmering smoke blasted out from Frederic's body, dispelling the purple butterflies.

"You cannot control me, Mother. This is the second thing I want to tell you. I have successfully breakthrough my limit and my energy has manifested. Thanks to Noel's care, I believe mine is stronger than yours, Mother."

"What is the meaning of this, Frederic?! Are you defying against your mother?!" the King stood up.

"I am not. If I do not have any respect, I will not tell you about my true feelings and just stay in the demon world with Noel."

The Queen turned to Heuglen, "Prime Minister Zerfnier, are you aware of this? Are you going to let your Lord do such a disgusting deed by being with another man?"

Heuglen looked up languidly, "Lord Noel can do whatever he wants. I am not in a position to stop him. Besides, what is disgusting about a man loving another man? I myself have 3 male wives. Prince Frederic is a very decent man in comparison."

"Thank you, Prime Minister Zerfnier." Frederic said gratefully.

"My ears were just itching." Heuglen shrugged.

Frederic looked at Cecille, "Lady Elvestine, I apologize if I have hurt your feelings. I have already rejected you since the beginning yet gave you false hope after that. But once again I will state, I cannot and will never marry you. I hope you can find a better person than me that can accept your love and love you in return."

Cecille tearfully cried and ran out from the hall.

"Lady Cecille–"

Diaz looked around hesitantly and chased after her seeing that nobody stopped her.

The Queen sighed tiredly and slumped down, "Tell me, Frederic. Is this the reason why you didn't eat nor sleep for a whole week? Is death better than marrying a decent lady for your parents?"

"I couldn't sleep without Noel by my side that once I lied down, I became restless. I couldn't eat because I was distressed that I couldn't feed Noel. How could I possibly bring myself to eat?"

Fredric tightened his hold on Noel, "Mother, Father, is it that you want me to marry only for the sake of it? For bearing descendants? Or do you wish for me to find happiness by loving someone and dedicating myself to that person? I cannot emphasize enough how much my feelings for him overflow. I can no longer live without him."

The King and Queen turned silent.

The reason they didn't force Frederic to marry was because they didn't want him to be bound by someone he didn't love. That was why they have gone through the effort of matchmaking him with many ladies of different types, hoping that one of them could be to Frederic's liking and piqued his interest.

Even Kaius as the first prince married Mary not by force. Mary was his own choice, a girl who he fell in love with in his academy. Phillip did not need to be mentioned. Maxis and Silvia were also childhood friends.

Frederic has finally found the one.

Would it be fair if they separated them?

30