Chapter 2
831 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

F7 woke up groggily. After being ordered to take a break from work yesterday, they decided to go to sleep. They couldn’t recall when they slept last – as their body was modified in such a way that they never needed it anymore – but they missed the soothing awarelessness of sleep. Their work demanded non-stop attention, hence the modifications to their body. However as a result of this, F7 realized, they didn’t even own a sleeping capsule, let alone a bed. Or even a pillow.

They crafted a simple bed frame, mattress, pillow and comforter with the help of the crafting module. After some consideration they made a lose shirt and underpants as sleepwear, got changed then promptly laid down on the bed. They expected that sleeping would prove difficult with their modifications, but soon after F7 rested their head on the pillow, they fell asleep almost immediately.

F7 rubbed their eyes and yawned. They sleepily smacked their lips as they took a look at the time displayed in the upper corner of their vision with half lidded eyes.

Huhh, I slept for over two days…

F7 rubbed their temple where their personal computer node was implanted as they stood up and headed towards the ion-shower. They absentmindedly undressed and stepped in the cleansing-capsule, and pleasantly shivered as the light of the ion-shower moved over their skin from head to toe, cleansing them thoroughly. They pressed a button and opened their mouth so that the newly extended robotic appendage could remove the stale aftertaste of sleep with its ion light.

F7 then started to reach for a fresh uniform, but then realized they weren’t going to work today. They gathered their impromptu pajamas, and placed them on the bed, than hung their usual uniform they threw on the floor before going to sleep in the cleansing-capsule, and started a clothes cleaning program. F7 then used the crafting module to make themselves some everyday clothes. They didn’t know what to make at first, so they looked up current fashion trends with the help of their personal computer node. Eventually, F7 settled on something simple – a black, slightly baggy long-sleeved shirt with dark gray leggings, black underwear and ankle boots, the kind that had separate toe compartments. F7 walked up to a long rectangular piece of wall, touched it to turn on mirror mode, so they could look at themselves.

F7 looked at their androgynous face, shoulder length dark brown hair, the bangs that fell into their dark, asian peach-blossom eyes. They had a straight nose and thin lips neither too small nor too wide. Satisfied, F7 nodded to themselves. Going through genetical modification to achieve true genderlessness for their body was one of the best decisions they ever made in their life.

F7 went to the food module, programmed in the desired rations (Centaurian energy pack with golbien egg flavor) – and sat down in front of the observatory window to watch the sunrise. They wriggled their toes happily while eating. The food didn’t taste like anything to F7, but they did enjoy the texture, they liked to squish the tiny, mushy beads on the roof of their mouth with their tongue.

Sated, they stretched, and contemplated what to do with their time. Speaking of…

...There was that target who liked doing those stretching exercises. What was it called again…?

F7 pulled up the file they were looking for with the help of the AI of the quantum computer.

...Ah! Here it is… Yoga.

They quickly looked up the poses, and proceeded to do the simpler ones. When F7 finished, they felt refreshed and sat on the turning chair gazing out the window once again. They watched the star ships going about their way, and admired the colorful planet, Centaury 5 floating beneath. The sun illuminated the side of the planet they were facing. There were wisps of soft white clouds gliding across Centaury 5’s atmosphere. F7 could see the bluish purple ocean bordering the only continent of Centaury 5. The large metropolis of the capital spread out like a light gray circular spiderweb with its many hoover highways stretching towards the tiny islands surrounding the continent.

F7 wondered if they should go down there and explore. They haven’t moved out of the station ever since they started to work, which was about five hundred years ago.

...I haven’t talked to anyone aside from the boss in ages…

And even to him, they only talked to at the end of the assignments. F7 thought the targets didn’t count, they didn’t consider them people in the first place. F7 wondered if they could hold a proper non-work-related conversation with anyone. They sighed deeply.

Well, the only way to figure it out is actually trying to do it.

And so F7 boarded their personal spaceship, and launched towards Centaury 5.

 

 

 

 

 

17