An Unexpected Discovery
274 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Here is the next instalment of Shadow Light. Hope you like it.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Kurama/Dragons" Kurama or Dragons speaking.

'Kurama/Dragon thought' Kurama or Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic" being used.

Enjoy the chapter.

Shadow Light

Chapter  2

An Unexpected Discovery

As Naruto reached Hiroshima as it was nearest to Kyoto, he observed something that made him take in what's happening around him once over again. It's everywhere and it is quite a common thing in this world.

'Kurama, am I hallucinating or did I just see all people are behaving like closet perverts and oh my God are those things jiggling' asked Naruto confused. Why in the world were people acting like closet perverts and melons of women jiggling like they are defying the laws of gravity itself.

"I don't know Naruto, but I can assure you that you are not hallucinating and they are really happening. If Jiraiya was here he would have been jumping all over the place spouting about how this place is his safe heaven" commented Kurama dryly. But little did he know how much that comment will change Naruto's life in this world. Slowly, a devious grin formed on Naruto's face. For once Kurama feared the outcome.

"What are you thinking, Naruto. You are not thinking about something which would cause us any trouble, right" said Kurama fear slowly entering his voice. He saw Naruto like this when he was planning a prank which would be rather impossible to perform for normal people like painting the Hokage monument orange in broad day, painting Anbu headquarters in neon green and adding itching powder in every underwater of the Hyuuga clan except for Hinata, maybe, when he was known as 'The Prankster King from Hell' he didn't want to be on the receiving end of Naruto's prank. He respects his life dearly after all.

'You gave me a great idea Kurama. Ero-sennin is going to jump in joy at what I'm going to do now' said Naruto in a devious tone still his smile not leaving his face. He vanished from sight without a trace into the shadows.

Scene break

Naruto's Mindscape

His mindscape has changed from its sewer-like appearance as time passed. It was now a big forest as large as the forest surrounding Konoha when it was first created and to the side were all the five hidden villages and their kage towers standing tall. Naruto walked into the house in the middle which was his house where he lived with his family and brought out a small pack of orange books. Though they look like a small stack there were at least a few hundreds of them. These are the books written by his late sensei, Jiraiya of the Sannin. These are more specifically his most popular series Icha Icha Series. Naruto collected every book after Jiraiya's passing. He also wrote a few as part of continuing his legacy after his retirement from the Hokage position. Kurama looked at them curiously. He had a pretty good idea why Naruto brought these out.

"So, you wish to publish them in this world," asked Kurama with a knowing grin on his face. To which Naruto's face lit up and nodded vigorously.

"You got it right. I'll publish these in this world. That gives me a way to earn money without rising any suspicion and I'm going to publish them with Jiraiya's name as well and make an appearance as Jiraiya if need be. If what Jiraiya told me was true, then they were going to bring me a fortune and with these, I'm also going to publish my books named 'The Shinobi' followed by 'The Adventures of The Shinobi'. In which I'll write about my life as a shinobi. Don't you think it's going to be awesome Kurama?" asked Naruto in excitement. His eyes sparkling with the amount of enthusiasm and excitement like a child was thrown into a candy store and locked there. Kurama could only nod. It seems like Naruto is adjusting well to this new world. He had worried that Naruto would be depressed as he left all his people in the elemental nations but it seems like his worries are for nothing. Now Kurama can rest.

'It seems like being a Hokage did teach him something. His work didn't go waste then' thought Kurama happily and listened to the excited talking of Naruto.

He came to Hiroshima more humanely as you can say. He went to Kyoto railway station and bought tickets for a train and rode it to Hiroshima. All his observations were made during his journey on the train as we discussed above. So, now determined to find a book publisher to publish his books he went on a journey to find it in the once war-damaged city of Hiroshima.

Somewhere in Hiroshima, Modern Publications Office

Naruto, now as Jiraiya, entered the office of the modern publications. Jiraiya was a tall and well-built man with fair skin. He had waist-length, spiky white hair that was usually tied back into a ponytail, with two shoulder-length bangs framing his face. There were red lines under his eyes which extended further down his face going all the way down to his cheeks. His usual attire consists of a green short shirt kimono and matching pants, under which he wore mesh armour that is visible at his wrists and ankles. He also wore handguards, a black belt, traditional Japanese wooden sandals, and a red haori with two yellow circles on each side. He wore a horned forehead protector with the kanji for "oil". He entered the said office and was directed to the manager's office by the staff. As he entered the office he saw a man who is his middle age and sitting behind the desk looking at him calculatingly. Jiraiya wasn't deterred and proceeded to sit in front of him. And so they discussed and Jiraiya emerged victorious in the bargain of 90-10 ratio of profits. He had a plan to make it a hundred but he will do it after some time.

He came to this particular publication because it had wide circulation and had some experience with publishing his kind of literature.

Scene break

Morning, Next day

Naruto sighed to himself. He didn't expect to publish his work that easily. 'Man, what I thought is correct. This world is filled with perverts' thoughts Naruto to which Kurama agreed mentally and they moved on with their journey.

He purified most of the radiation left in Hiroshima and left to Nagasaki and did the same with not much effort and didn't find it difficult either. He went to sleep that day.

When in sleep, he saw a giant red western Dragon. It was a massive red Western Dragon with a horn on his snout and has two sets of wings. Its overall length measures around 100 meters and 50 meters in height. He just stared at this beast. Compared to his partner, he is not that big. So he just stared at it silently waiting for any reaction and it came.

"So your the person who came out of nowhere to this world, Human," said the dragon in a loud guttural tone with no emotion in it.

Naruto was taken aback. He knew Azazel found him because of the chakra spike that occurred because on his arrival through the portal. But he didn't think any other being would have found him when he is far away from the point of impact and would greet him in his dreams like this. 'Hmmm, seems like this world is more interesting than I originally thought,' thought Naruto to himself. He prepared himself for the upcoming confrontation. He sat in a meditative position cross-legged floating in the air and faced the dragon without any fear.

"Interesting, you have found me Dragon. I'm impressed that not only found me, but you are talking to me via dreams. Can I know the name of the Dragon I'm talking to" said Naruto in a calm and collected tone. Great Red was impressed by this human. He didn't cower in fear like everyone and seems to have known a thing or two about dragons in general. He approved of this behaviour.

"My name is Great Red. The True Red Dragon God-Emperor. The Dragon of dreams and apocalypse, and an embodiment of infinity. You can call me Red or Great Red" said Great Red in the same guttural tone and Naruto nodded.

"It is nice to meet you Red, and you are correct. I'm the one who came to this world through that black portal. By the way, my name is Naruto Uzumaki. Nice meeting you Red" respectfully said Naruto and bowed as it was a tradition in the elemental nations which he learned when he became Hokage.

"I'm Great Red as I told you earlier. I just want to see if you are any threat to this world or not. But when I saw you in this dream I found something interesting that I want to talk to you about" said Great Red in a neutral tone. Naruto was surprised that he could sense what the dragon is thinking and decided to come clean, he didn't have many friends in this world and decided to change that.

"Oh, you found something. Do tell, I want to listen what you found" said Naruto playing feign ignorance trying to amuse the Dragon. Red laughed happily at his behaviour.

"Yes, I found something. When you came to this world you were just human. I mean a powerful one but human nonetheless. But now, I can sense a Dragon inside you. Can I know how did you get that Dragon inside you and what is that powerful presence that is being hidden by that Draconic presence" asked Red? He felt this human's presence when he first arrived but thought something felt wrong, nothing seemed that much of a concern to Red then. But now he can sense it clearly, maybe due to the close proximity. Naruto knew quite well what Red is talking about.

"Well, you asked for it Red. We are going somewhere you can meet this presence yourself" said Naruto in a calm yet excited tone to Red who looked at Naruto curiously. Then it happened Naruto's eye suddenly turned red with 3 black tomoes in them spinning wildly.

Sharingan: Genjutsu

Whispered Naruto. And everything around them changed. The Dimensional Gap like scenery changed to Naruto's mindscape. Which was a big forest as large as the Indian subcontinent (at least Red saw it that big. Though he doesn't know about India)and spread in all directions but after some distance, Red can see the desert on one side, rocks on one side, mountains on one side and sea on the other. He didn't know what all these are or what they signify but found them interesting and in the middle was a house and to the side were 5 buildings in different colours. Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and Brown lines in the middle of each building middle lines being changed from building to building and some texts in the middle of each building signifying different elements if he can understand them correctly. There, to the side was a Black Dragon, one of his race. The Dragon was sleeping like a cat and woke up staring at him. It has black eyes and seemed to be covered in shadows. The human in front of him walked closer to the Dragon and talked to it.

"It's fine Kurama. Red here is our new friend and wishes to learn about us. Maybe we can be friends" said Naruto in a calm tone to which Kurama nodded.

"Red, this is my friend and partner from another world just like me, Kurama. Kurama, remove the Henge" said Naruto in a strong tone and just like that in a puff of white smoke, the dragon in front of him changed.

In front of him stood a colossal beast who is taller and leaner than him. It has 10 long orange tails swinging wildly behind him. It is covered in bright orange fur completely and had front 2 legs like human legs with paws and claws and back 2 legs like a fox and 2 rabbit-like ears and a pair glowing red slitted eyes staring into Red's own eyes calmly.

"What is this. How can a Dragon change into a Fox and what do those tails mean" asked Red in a guttural voice with confusion laced in it. Naruto smiled at his confusion and explained everything to Red about their world and the reason behind Kurama's 10 tails and Red listened to it with rapt attention. After all the explanation, Red took some time to chew the information and responded.

"So you are telling me that this fox is the most powerful being on your planet and you both came here as you are searching for a world to be and arrived here in that black portal and now we are in your 'mindscape' as in your inner world," said Red summing up everything Naruto told him. Naruto nodded at that.

"Yes, you are correct. My friend here is the strongest of all in my world and I'm immortal as well. I think I missed telling you that fact" said Naruto in a more cheerful tone.

"Red is it. It is nice to meet you. As for the information we have got till now, you are the strongest of all the beings in this world. Is it true" asked Kurama excited thinking to get a fight out of it? Red was surprised for a moment that this Fox-Dragon is directly talking to him. But decided to answer the question anyway.

"Yes, I'm the strongest being in existence in this world. The True Red Dragon Emporer and The Dragon of Apocalypse and an embodiment of Infinity and so on I have many titles as they call me. But I don't like staring. If someone stares at me I'll get annoyed and I like stunts as well" responded Red in a more cheerful tone. Till now he is somewhat depressed that no one is a match to him and most are afraid of him because of his power. And the one who is equal to him doesn't like him. But now, he got some new friends and a fellow beast to share some time with him. He is happy now.

"Naruto can we fight with him. It will be fun" said Kurama excited. He can't help but feel an urge to fight this Dragon to prove his strength. Maybe it was childish but being childish once in a while never hurts.

"No, Kurama. If you both fight it may result in world destruction and I don't think our new friend to have a bad impression of us. He might have his work to do. What do you say, Red" said Naruto with a certain look in his eyes. Red thought about it. It looked like a good idea but they should also count the collateral damage they would do. If they fight the world may collapse immediately because of the extent of the power released. Red nodded inwardly.

"Yes, I think what Naruto said is right, Kurama. It is a good idea" said Red to which Naruto sighed in relief and Kurama pouted like a child being denied his candy.

"If that is all then I'll take my leave. It seems it is morning in the outside world" said Red sensing the rise of the sun slowly in the outside world. Naruto and Kurama nodded and Naruto released the Genjutsu and Red left Naruto's dreams. They both said goodbye and told each other that they would meet soon in person.

"Well, I didn't expect that. But it is nice to make a friend other than Azazel in this world. What do you think, Kurama?" asked Naruto in a cheerful tone. Happy that he made another friend in this new world.

"You are right, Naruto. But we must be careful around him. You sensed his power right. There is the threat of Trihexa/666 that Azazel told us about. They are in a way this world's god tree or had that much power. Though ophis is said to have lost her power, she is one of the most powerful entities in this world and we can't believe rumours. I suggest we interfere less in their matters unless we are outright dragged into them. What do you think about it?" said Kurama in a stern tone. He gave some time to Naruto to think and continued.

"Think about it Naruto, our presence will be the right tip for another war in this world or if not for that they would fight for our support. You know our power well. I don't need to tell you about it. But my only wish for us is not to interfere in the supernatural world for as long as possible. You understand that Naruto. No supernatural stuff" said Kurama in a worried tone and ended with a stern tone with no room for argument left for Naruto. Naruto sighed. He knew well about their capabilities, but he is Uzumaki Naruto and anyone can't stop him from doing whatever he wants to do. But, he will heed his friend's advice for now and continue his adventure.

So began Naruto's adventure across the world. The following month The Icha Icha series was released to the world and became the most selling book in the world.

Scene Break

After 1 Year, Lilith, Underworld

The Icha Icha series became so successful, that they were sold illegally in Underworld. Jiraiya found this and rectified it by making his Publication print a special set of books for Underworld especially. Today is the launch of the Book.

"Calm down, everyone. Jiraiya-sama is here and will be releasing his new series soon" said an over-enthusiastic host who was currently on the stage in front of few hundreds of devils who are even more enthusiastic than the host to get their copy is the new Icha Icha series. On the stage were the respected dignitaries. Which were as follows. Jiraiya the Gama Sennin (The Great Toad Sage) according to himself anyway, in his usual attire consisted of a green short shirt kimono and matching pants, under which he wore mesh armour that is visible at his wrists and ankles. He also wore handguards, a black belt, traditional Japanese wooden sandals, and a red haori with two yellow circles on each side. And had a tattoo on his left palm, and he wore a horned forehead protector with the kanji for "oil" on it. And from Devil faction side were their foreign affairs Satan Serafall Leviathan in her formal attire which consists of a full-body green business suit with a pink bow tie at the collar and a few other people, ranging from the underworld are their book publishers to some high ranking devils in the hierarchy which can be assumed as foreign affairs secretary and such. Currently, they were all chatting between themselves animatedly.

"Jiraiya-sama, it is an honour to have you here in person," said Serafall in a formal tone without any childishness in it, a full 180 from her normal cheerful and loud self.

"It's not a big thing Satan Leviathan. I'm the author after all and I should be present for my book release. Don't you think it will be bad for the author if they are not present for their book release? I have my priorities set and attending my book release is one of them" said Jiraiya in a formal tone as well which is coincidentally and a complete 180 from his usual perverted and boisterous self.

"Shall we begin the programme then?" asked Serafall to which Jiraiya nodded. She made a nodding motion and the host also nodded and continued his speech.

"It is time, my dear fellow devils. The moment we are all waiting for has come. I request Jiraiya-sama and Leviathan-sama to issue the new copy of the most popular selling book in both the human world and the underworld. To which both of them stood up and moved to the middle of the stage and a small metal table rose from the ground and on it was a book which is wrapped in black wrappers. Serafall took it from the plate. And at the same time, Jiraiya and serafall came to the middle of the stage and opened the wraps and came out of a purple book titled 'Icha Icha Paradise: Underworld Edition' a book by Jiraiya, The Gama Sennin. A photo of a lecherously grinning on the cover. Under the title were some words are written in small letters which read, "written from the efforts of Sirturks and Chaya". Sirturks was in red and Chaya was in white. There was a small mop of red in the middle of both of them if observed.

Jiraiya took the mic from the host and spoke.

"First of all, I would like to thank you all for making this possible. Without your interest in my works, all this wouldn't be possible. Next, I would like to thank Satan Leviathan for setting up such an event to release this book and finally, I have a surprise for you all. On this auspicious occasion of 1st anniversary of my works and my works being released in the underworld especially, I would like to release a book written by my apprentice, Naruto" said Jiraiya in an excited tone and with a snap of his fingers there was a book with all colours on it. Which read 'The Shinobi' on it.

"This is written by my apprentice Naruto and unfortunately he was not able to attend this event but gave me this book and told me to publish it. It will be released in the human world next week. I'm giving this book in advance to you as a thank you. I hope you all will make this a big hit as well" said Jiraiya cheerfully in a loud voice which was amplified by the speakers around the auditorium.

"Yes, Jiraiya-sama" were the collective shouts of most of the devils present there. 'Jiraiya' was pleased. His test was a success. He tested a vocal genjutsu on them and it seems that it is successful and none the wiser. Serafall didn't detect it nor any other high ranking devils. He came here with 2 objectives in mind. One, to release his precious book of course but 2nd one was the main objective. To test a Genjutsu which he created for supernatural beings during the length of the year. The Genjutsu works by giving subtle suggestions of what the creator need them to do and it won't affect someone above high-class devils in terms of power and even if they find that they were being manipulated they can't pinpoint the location of the caster as it is a voice-based one. He smirked to himself at this prospect. He now had a weapon against most high-class devils without causing any damage to others. He felt giddy. His inner musings were interrupted by a cute little girl who sat beside him.

Jiraiya came out of his trance to see that everyone started leaving and everything was being wrapped up. So, the program was completed he came to this conclusion and turned around to look at a character who he knew well.

"Jiraiya-tan, that was awesome. Please, arrange more of these. Pwease, pwease" pleading him with the biggest puppy dog eyes he had ever seen on an adult as Serafall who is now back in her magical girl 'milky' outfit. Which was nothing but a pink magical girl outfit with a staff with a star in the middle of it.

"Of course. Sera-tan. I'll arrange them more if you want. But the way how was your milky spiral 5 movies going on" asked Jiraiya. He knew well that the Serafall in front of him is an act and she is strong and beautiful in her original form but he decided to play along. Why not, he is in a disguise after all. (A/N I don't know when the milky spiral 5 movies were released. I assume it is at least 4 years before cannon. This is happening 4 years before cannon. Just so you know). Serafall jumped up and down at that question.

"It is going well, Jiraiya-tan. Oh, oh will you be the villain this time? A perverted villain who is kidnapping young women for his experiments" said Serafall in a cheerful and excited tone. Jiraiya thought about it. 'Well, why not. It's not like I'm busy or something and if I am, I can just create a clone to do it. And it is fun this way around' thought 'Jiraiya' to himself and responded.

"Why not Sera-tan. I'll do anything for my cute, little Sera-tan" said Jiraiya patting her head. Serafall bounced on her feet and talked about how it is going to be the biggest hit and they can have an awesome time together.

'Well, here goes my time in the underworld. This is really an adventure. I'll see how it goes moving forward' thought Naruto to himself.

And Cut.

That's it for this chapter folks. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Read, Review and Comment your opinion on the story. Reviews are like fuel to flames. So, reviews are appreciated and motivate Authors to continue their work. So, please review. Anything positive, negative or your opinion on the chapter.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you for reading.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

9