A New King
214 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Here is the next chapter of Shadow Light. Hope you share your feedback with me.

You can read next 15 chapters up to chapter 22 now on Patron page.

Search 'BalckInfinity1289' on Patron website to get started.

"Normal Speech"

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Kurama/Dragons" Kurama or Dragons speaking.

'Kurama/Dragon thought' Kurama or Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

Enjoy.

Shadow Light

Chapter 6

A New King

Elder Council Chambers, Underworld

"Here is the reply we got from Jiraiya-sama," said the speaker showing the sealed letter to the council which had a stamp of 'Oil' on it.

"What does it say" asked one of the councilmen.

'To the Elder Council,

I am honoured to know that you have decided to give me such an opportunity. I am accepting it from the depths of my heart. I hope I can uphold the faith you have put in me. I would like to opt to stay human and ask of you to consider this in your preparation for the Evil Pieces set and my magic is Illusion Magic. I will give you more details in person, rather than in a letter. I wish my regards to the Devil Faction as a whole.

Yours,

Jiraiya, The Gama Sennin'

"So he does have magic and what of this Illusion magic, is it like the magic used by Yokai," asked a random guy.

"We can't be sure. But he said he would show us in person, then why bother" said another man. But one point is clear, Jiraiya having magic did certainly shock the Elder Council.

The Great King thought about. 'Hmm, so he does have magic. If we can test him against someone, it would be good to find his capabilities. We just thought of giving him High-Class Status as an honour, but seems like Jiraiya is going to achieve it by showing his strength'.

"Calm down, as he had revealed that he had magic, why don't we test him. I'm not suggesting full-on battle, but just testing his capabilities, like his speed, strength and stamina etc will give us a good picture about his strength and will give a chance to Jiraiya to prove himself, strong" said Zekram and loud cries of objections arose.

"Silence," Zekram bellowed, flaring his magic. Everyone calmed down seeing the anger of the Great King.

"What are the objections," he asked, to the representative of the dissenting group.

"Zekram-sama, this council including us, has decided to Jiraiya-sama, the position of a High-Class Devil to encourage his works. Now, why is the test of his magic necessary? As we have already decided on his role and as it is in honour, shouldn't we do it as planned" asked the man patiently. Zekram thought about it. What he told was true, they had already decided on giving Jiraiya the position as an honour. Now, what does this test prove? 'Hmm, good point. Ok, we shall do it like this' he thought the course of action and replied.

"You have brought up a good point, Elder of Phenex clan, we shall do it this way then, we are going to give it as an option to Jiraiya as well. As he chose to show us his magic when he comes, we will give him the chance of showing his skills with an opponent. If he agrees, he shows it in front of all clan heads and their families. If not, we will see it for ourselves" he said. The Council went into a round of murmurs.

"Yes, sir" they replied.

"Good, now for what should comprise in his Evil Pieces set," he asked.

"I say we consider his option of remaining human and move forward," said the man. Suddenly a magic circle with the crest of Beelzebub lit in the centre of the chamber and came out Ajuka Beelzebub, one of the four Satans and a Super Devil.

"You have called for me, Great King," he said, bowing to the Great King.

"Yes, Ajuka. You are just in time. We are discussing a new type of Evil Pieces now. Would you explain to us what are the possibilities and limitations of the current and older sets" he asked, and Ajuka nodded.

"As you all know, the Evil Pieces are made using the crystals available in the Agares Island to help replenish the numbers of our faction after the Great War, which had caused the deaths of countless Devils. While many Devils were able to adapt to the Evil Pieces, the Old Satan Faction rejected the usage of such.

Evil Pieces are commonly given to Pure-blooded High-class Devils so that they can gather servants of their own. Reincarnated Devils are also given the chance to receive Evil Pieces should they rise in rank and become a High-class or Ultimate-class Devil like Tannin and Rudiger Rosenkreutz.

But what many didn't know is, there are different types of Evil Piece sets I made. There are 3 types. The first is the Old Generation Set. The second is the new Generation Set, the sets we are currently using and the last, the mixed set. These sets are prototypes, prepared in the process of creating the new sets. I don't explain the inner workings of all, but I'll say this. The Old set had a higher limit of power threshold and a higher chance of reincarnating powerful beings to Devils and for these, the owner must be a Devil. The new sets are prepared in such a way, that they grow with their king. Instead of having high power in them, they represent the strength of the King and will grow as the King grows in strength and they are made to incarnate any species into Devil's and one who bears them must be a devil themselves.

And finally, the mixed set. I think only a few experimental sets are made, and some are experimented and some are stored for further experimentation. These sets are different. These depend on the person they are given to. If he is strong they can adapt to it and be more powerful than the old gen once, and if the person is weak, they boost his capabilities to that of an average High-Class Devil power. But the problem with these sets come because of their type. They can't be given to Devils as they choose only people with either extremely high power or with extremely low power and they have become unfit to be given to one of our race as it affects their physiology. In the few I experimented on, they take away the light-based weakness for our species which is impossible and caused internal damage to one of the owners.

In another case, they damaged his body because of darkness. They are highly unstable and risky to have. I don't even know what else this set can do. It may merge two sets into one large set or give 2 different owners the same powers. It is just difficult to handle them. These are the cases I saw when I experimented with them on our species. My other theories, one of my theories is if we can give this to some other person as a trial, it would be good. I don't know how it works for say, fallen angels or Angels for that matter. It is the current theory I came up with" said Ajuka, completing his explanation to the Council.

They fell into whispers when they heard this and knew it would be risky to try it on Jiraiya as it seems more dangerous than it's worth.

"Ajuka is it possible to change these mixed sets into not incarnate into a Devil, but give someone a power boost just like the one they get when they become Devils," asked Zekram. Ajuka thought about it for a second.

"Hmmm, that's an idea that I'll test, sir. Is there any more requirements" asked Ajuka politely?

"Can it be possible to use on Humans and how safe do you think they can be if tried on humans?" said Zekram.

"I can't say for sure how it will affect humans, sir. But yes, I can try on one if you want to. Is something up, sir" asked Ajuka, concerned.

"Nothing to be concerned about, Ajuka. We have decided to give a set to Jiraiya, and we are trying to make it as his wishes. He want to be a human, but accepted our request to be a High-Class Devil" said Zekram. But when he said Jiraiya, Ajuka got a perverted grin on his face.

"Of course, of course. I'm going to give the best to Jiraiya-sama. I'll test it as soon as possible" he said and went off in a magic circle.

"The Council is dismissed," said Zekram and went off. They are going to decide the course of action when Ajuka prepares the set.

Student Council Room, Kuoh High

Sona was staring at the chessboard with shock and disbelief. There, in front of her is her King, in a checkmate. She, who is unbeatable in chess has been defeated by a Human of all people. Her brain went blank and her body functions stopped. She fell unconscious staring at the board. Tsubaki couldn't react as she is in as much shock as her King, but a hand pushed her back into her seat, making her fall back into her seat.

Naruto cackled at the 2 shocked devils. He dragged the game for a half-hour to make it look like he is trying. After that, he got bored and cornered her king making her think that she is winning and she fell for it. When she is neck-deep in his trap, she just snapped her neck, effectively killing her King. He is second only to Shikamaru in shogi and as time passed, he learned all the tactics from the lazy genius to the level of defeating him in their final match. His only response was 'You did it, Naruto' with a smile on his face.

A measly devil is not going to defeat him in a game in which he is the master, the King. He took out his cam and took a photo of Sona as she lay unconscious in her seat. BlackMail material, of course. He took the shocked expression of Tsubaki a photo, but due to the flash of light, she came out of her stupor. Before she could see, he just pocketed his phone. He took some water from a jug nearby and sprayed them on the unconscious devil. She groggily woke up, coming back to her senses.

"What. What happened" asked a dazed Sona, in a strained tone.

"Oh, nothing. You just lost to me in a chess game" he said as if talking about the weather. Sona immediately came back to her senses.

'That's right, I lost in a game of chess. That means...' She stopped there as her phone rang. Sona looked at the number and gulped. It is her sister and it is going to be a video call with a magic circle.

"Uh, Naruto. Your paperwork will be given to you by evening. You can leave now" she said frantically. Naruto understanding her seriousness left the room. Or so she thought. Naruto had a smirk on his face. He heard 'SO-TAN' from the corridor because of his improved hearing senses.

Inside Student Council Room

"SO-TAN" shouted Serafall Leviathan, one of the 4 Satans of Underworld, as she stood in front of the magic circle, seeing it concerned.

"Yes, Onee-sama," said Sona calmly, bowing to her sister in respect.

'Are you alright, So-Tan? I got worried when I saw you are unconscious in your seat' asked Serafall concerned.

"I was about to come there and destroy whole Japan, but you picked the call, so I didn't," she said throwing her hands in the air showing her frustration.

"How did you know about that, Onee-sama," asked Sona, suspecting the blonde boy to be the culprit.

"Oh, that, I got a message from my camera in your office," said Serafall in a cheerful tone.

"WHAT" shouted Sona. 'Did she put a Camera in my room, what else did she see' thought Sona mentally, her temper started to rise and her calm facade cracked.

"How can you do this to your sister, Onee-sama. How can you spy on me" shouted Sona at her sister, losing breath in the attempt?

"But, So-tan, it is for your safety. Jiraiya-tan gave me this good idea when I told him about your education in the Human world," she said innocently, her eyes growing with tears, which were about to fall. Sona couldn't be mad at her sister for long. But then it hit her, 'Jiraiya-sama gave her the idea'. She did know the perverted writer as she is fond of cough cough literature. But she didn't think the man has such a good heart. 'If we're in danger, I would have gotten help immediately' thought Sona, looking only at the positives of the matter.

"Onee-sama, if I didn't wake up, you shouldn't destroy Japan. That's not how you react" said Sona, reprimanding her sister. Serafall nodded frantically.

"Good, now I know you have work to do. Sorry for disturbing you" said Sona politely and bowed as Serafall whined about work.

"You should get back to work, Onee-sama, bye," said Sona cutting the call not listening to the whinings of Serafall.

Serafall sighed and turned to the screen in front of her. It is a large LED screen that showed Sona's office. It is recently fixed and who did it, she didn't know. But she knew that Jiraiya-tan did it. She just got the video, only to see Sona unconscious. She thought of it for a second and called her first-person before reacting. The device on her table pinged, alerting her to a message.

"Did it work?" said the message.

"Yes, I can see her, but why to do it only for the emergency case though, you should have established a permanent connection on every occasion," said Serafall in a semi-serious and semi whining tone.

"Now, now, Sera-tan, give Sona-chan some space. If you insist on being there for her every step, how would she grow? And in a world like ours. So, I only gave you emergency access in case of emergency. The situation will be decided by threat level. The situations you will get an alert are when Sona is unconscious when she is in desperate need of help or such emergencies. Not when she is bathing and having some 'fun' with others" read the message. Serafall sighed. She should have known Jiraiya would keep such restrictions to her 'protection' of her So-Tan.

"Who did it though," asked Serafall, curiously.

"My student. You will know him soon, I guess" came the message from Jiraiya.

"Are you still going to shoot those movies on your books" asked Serafall, diverting the topic? Only if she knew, that Sona had lost in a chess game by the same person.

Scene Break

After coming out of the Student Council Office, Naruto got his paperwork submitted to him at the end of School. He took it from Tsubaki, who had newfound respect in her eyes. He gave a nod to which she gave one in return and he started his return journey to home.

As he is walking at a sedate pace in the streets of Kuoh, he saw a sale. A sale of Chess sets. He felt magic radiant from them and went to inspect.

It was the brightest store which is at the intensity of the 'Youthful-Sunset Scene' of Guy and Lee back in his world. Which is currently on the side road which read, 'Deal with a Devil: An Opportunity Of A Lifetime'. He laughed at the banner. 'Deal with a Devil' are they mad. Will anyone visit their store if they keep such a banner? But then he felt it. Only a few can see the banner. He activated his Sharingan to inspect closer. There lay a closed barrier around the store protecting it and it made the real text to be seen by people who had more than average magic reserves as on top of the layer lay the banner of 'Taboo Tubs'. Naruto sighed. 'It must be a Devil's doing. What are they doing here and what is their objective' thought Naruto. He went to investigate closer.

When he reached closer, he felt a familiar magical presence. 'Ajuka, what the is hell is he doing here. Oh boy, this is going to be fun' thought Naruto. Ajuka, though a Super Devil is a big pervert. And naturally, all the perverts in the Underworld are his fans. But Ajuka is different. He is an information supplier to Jiraiya. He would often give Jiraiya information on new technology to spy on Devil females for 'research' purposes. As a fellow researcher, he knew well the value of research and inspiration. When Ajuka is somewhere, there is something big happening there.

Naruto walked to the shop. He felt heavy magic pressure hit him as he passed the barrier. To someone who had Naruto's levels of reserves and battle experience, it is not much. 'So, he is testing me' thought Naruto and passed through without any discomfort.

"Ah, yes. You are the one I'm waiting for" said Ajuka in his regal appearance. Ajuka is a bewitchingly beautiful and attractive young man appearing in his early twenties, with light blue eyes and green hair that is slicked back. He has a mysterious aura around him which he claims makes him seem devilish. He is wearing a regal green shirt with yellow stripes units the middle making them cross each other with black lines on them. He had a purple t-shirt beneath it. He looked at Naruto ecstatic as if he found the next research material for his next creation. Naruto got amused by Ajuka's behaviour. For someone who had spent time with the man, he knew well what that expression meant.

'He is at least high-low class to low-mid class in Magic. That's good' thought Ajuka about the blonde teen in front of him.

"So, what is all this about," asked Naruto calmly. Ajuka was taken aback. 'Why is he talking as if everything is alright and we know each other. Do we? Did I meet him?' were some questions Ajuka started thinking Before he could devolve into a universe bending theory of their meeting, Naruto cleared his throat.

"Sir, I asked, what is all this about," said Naruto loudly, disrupting Ajuka's inner ramblings.

"Ah, yes. Can I guess you know about Supernatural"

"Yes. That is why I came here"

"Good. Now, do you know about all the mythological beings and factions like the Biblical factions, Shinto faction etc" he asked and Naruto nodded.

"Tell me about your opinion about Devils," asked Ajuka, curiously.

"Devils. I know that Devils from the stories are wrong and have evolved to some extent. As for my opinion, I think I'm neutral" said Naruto. 'Oh, this is going to be interesting' thought Naruto.

"Very well, I'm going to explain to you about Devils and Evil Pieces," said Ajuka clasping his hands. Naruto had a hungry glee in his eyes. 'Evil pieces, I thought they are going to give it to 'Jiraiya' why is he here talking about them, to me' thought Naruto and heard everything Ajuka said as this is a new subject to him as well. He took everything like a fish to water. He understood about all the 3 types of sets and the current one they are experimenting on. Now Naruto had a clear picture of what was going on.

"So, do you agree to accept one of these sets I have prepared?" asked Ajuka. Naruto thought about it. According to what Ajuka explained, this is the set they are going to give to 'Jiraiya' and they are trying to make sure that there are no 'defaults' in the set. 'Hmmm. If I accept, then I'll get the same set 2 times if this set sync with me. Well, double the pieces, double the fun' thought Naruto and to Ajuka. Of course, Ajuka didn't say a word about Jiraiya. He just explained about the experiment they are doing but Naruto knew things.

"What is in it for me if I accept" asked Naruto, with a calculating look in his eyes.

"Oh, are you trying to get something in return, huh," asked Ajuka, curiously.

"What if I am, what are gonna do. Do you think anyone is going to come to you like me and believe what you say and with my level of magic reserves?" said Naruto, condescendingly.

"Yes, they would. I think you don't know about my Devils charm" said Ajuka, amused.

"Then I'm going to use my own charm on them to persuade otherwise," said Naruto confidently.

"Getting cocky, Ok. What if I agree with you, what do you want"

"What can you offer"

"Money, territory in Underworld, women etc"

"Hmmm, how about this town. According to what you said, if the set accepts me, I'm going to be a High-Class Human-Devil. Then, I can have my peerage and will be given some property in Underworld. How about in addition to that, you give me some here" he said with a smirk. Ajuka's eyebrows furrowed. 'Hmm, if I give him a part of this territory, Sirzechs and Serafall are going to kill me. But I need the results ASAP an-' much to his dismay, a magic circle came around his ear and he talked into it. 'Seems like the council is adamant on getting it done ASAP' sighing, he decided his course of action. 'I can answer Sirzerchs and Serafall later or dump the blame of council' he thought, facing the young man in front of him.

"Alright, I'll give a part of the territory in the town. But we are going make a deal about it later, if you agree and succeed in this experiment, you are going to get a part in this territory but you must go through with it first as I have to test your health, your condition and magic for some time. Is that understood" asked Ajuka, extending his hand for a handshake which is going to imply their agreement?

"Of course," said Naruto, extending his hand. They had a firm shake and Ajuka felt the power coursing through the human. 'He is certainly strong' thought Ajuka. With a nod, he took a chess set from behind and took the king piece in it.

"You should channel your magic and drop a drop of your blood on it," said Ajuka, gesturing to the King piece. Naruto did as told. There was a bright flash of light that sent tingles through Ajuka's skin and a dark feeling of drowning in darkness were felt simultaneously when the magic is channelled and the blood drop hit the piece. The piece colour changed from a white normal piece to an orangish-black cracked piece.

'Such power. It immediately took the traits of the Old Generation piece. What is this human hiding from me, and the sensation I felt, it is certainly holy light magic? His magic reserves shot to the level of an Ultimate Class Devil for a second. There is more to what he is telling me. What is going on' thought Ajuka? Ajuka is the kind of person who wants to be in the know in everything. But, in the case of this human, he couldn't decipher him. He is hiding everything well and he is hiding something big.

For a newly incarnated Devil-Human to suddenly have the power of an Ultimate class devil wherein the case prior it is just low-mid class at best is unheard. 'Maybe it is a side effect of the set' thought Ajuka. Why should the blame solely lay on the human? Why not the set he didn't know much about. 'I think I should do more research into the set. After all, this is over, I am going to look into the set more carefully. I don't know what else he has gained now' thought Ajuka.

"Man, Ajuka. This is awesome. I feel so strong. Seems like I'm holding fine" said Naruto.

"Yes, seems like it. But I need to keep track of your health and magic from time to time. So keep this on you say, a month. It would be enough for me to know all the readings. Is that understood" he said pointedly.

"And as for your territory, I'll discuss on that matter when all is done after the month. Is that ok"

"Yes. I'll do it. I'm going to hold to the promise you made. See you later" said Naruto, not waiting for Ajuka's dismissal. He just went through the barrier as if nothing and went on his way.

Ajuka felt, normal. He is very much accustomed to the respect and bowing of people, that when he is treated like a normal person, it felt different. 'I feel normal' thought Ajuka, the word tasting new to his lips. After a moment of losing in his thoughts, Ajuka went back to work.

Scene Break

"What are you doing, Naruto," asked Kurama in confusion. All the actions of his partner are very unpredictable even to him, after spending a century living in Naruto.

'I am having fun' thought Naruto to his partner.

"How so," asked the confused fox.

'Come on, Kurama, Azazel wants me here in case of an attack on the 2 devil heiresses and with my tendencies to cause trouble, I'll be found in their territory without their knowledge. Though they can't do anything to me, they have their siblings for it. I just don't want to bring another war to this world as well' said Naruto in a matter of fact tone.

"I get it. If you become a Human-devil and use Ajuka to gain some territory in Kuoh, you can happily enjoy here and keep an eye on those 2 little bats. Isn't it right"

'Exactly. Instead of going in a direct route, I'm going in an indirect one'

"Then what will you do when Jiraiya also gets his Evil pieces set" asked Kurama in curiosity.

'Oh, they will get Jiraiya, alright' said Naruto with a perverted grin, just like Jiraiya's.

"This is going to be amusing. Ok, I'm going to sleep. Wake me up when something happens" he said and slept. Naruto nodded and went to his house. Unknown to him, a certain black-haired Devil is waiting for him in front of his house.

And Cut

That's it for this chapter folks. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Read, Review and Comment your opinion on the story.

Send me any pranks you want Naruto to play in Kuoh High while he is there. I received just one so far.

If you have any questions, ask me in reviews or PM me.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Don't forget to read the Naruto/Fairy Tail crossover I uploaded today on my profile.

RR.

Thank you for reading.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

6