Introduction and Confusion Part 2
143 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Here is the next chapter of Shadow Light. Hope you share your feedback with me.

You can read next 9 chapters up to Chapter 23 now on my Patron page.

Search 'Blackinfinity 1289' on the Patron website to get started.

"Normal speech” people talking.

‘Normal thought' people thinking.

"Kurama/Dragons” Kurama or Dragons speaking.

Kurama/Dragon thought’ Kurama or Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic” is being used.

Enjoy.

Shadow Light

Chapter 14

Introduction and Confusion Part 2

A few minutes before Naruto's intro

"Jiraiya-tan, I think it is time they call you," said Serafall, excited.

"Oh, aren't you excited? Tell me, Sera-tan do you have anyone who can fit the bill of a Queen for me"

"Hmm, no. I don't have anyone. But I think you can find someone soon" said Serafall in confidence.

"Why so confident?"

"I know you can, Jiraiya-tan," said Serafall. Not explaining her confidence in Jiraiya any further. Jiraiya smirked at the childish joy of one of the Rulers of the Underworld. 'She is fun to hang around. I guess I'll miss having fun with you, Sera-tan' thought Jiraiya as the moment passed, the speakers in the room roared to life.

'Let's invite the man who had achieved something which was only dreamed in the past. Ladies and Gentlemen, let's invite Jiraiya-sama. I request Jiraiya-sama to come on to the stage' said the woman host in the magic amplified mic. 

"It's time, I guess," said Jiraiya to a bouncing Serafall and walked out of the room to the hidden entrance.

In a white Magic Circle formed in the middle of the stage, came out a man. He is wearing blood-red noble clothes which are similar to his normal attire but they have some symbols on their sides. They have a symbol for 'Legendary' and 'Sage' on it in a golden lining to each side of his shirt. There were also symbols for the High-class in the middle of the coat. He looked more like a Royal than any commoner in front of the Devil populace. 

Fireworks, smoke bombs and all types of blasts were blasted to welcome Jiraiya and it went off few minutes. He stood strong in front of hundreds of thousands of Devils looking at him expectantly, not disappointing any one of them in him with his goofiness or perverseness.

He stood there waiting for something to happen. The host came beside him and started explaining everything they knew about him and his career as literature(porn) writer. He stood calm, relaxed and getting accustomed to his surroundings. He knew his role here well. He is going to fulfil it one last time before finally resting in peace.

He faced large crowds before. But facing hundreds of thousands of people is certainly intimidating. Add to the fact the magic saturation of the place didn't make things easier. But to someone who stayed in front of a Maou and taught the Monsters like Nagato, Minato and Naruto, this isn't much. 

"Let's hear from the man of the hour, folks," said the host and gave a mic to Jiraiya.

"Jiraiya-sama, it is an honour to have you here and joining our faction, how do you feel?" she asked in a calm tone, Jiraiya can see a satisfied expression in her eyes, even though she tried to hide it.

"I should say the honour is mine, dear Devil. I didn't expect to get a chance like this and I think I'm privileged to have this opportunity" said Jiraiya through the mic. He heard cheers of his name and encouragement.

"I want to say this, this is just because of you. My Fans. Without you, I'm nothing" said Jiraiya and earned more cheers and screams from the crowd.

"Do you have any members for your Peerage already prepared, Jiraiya-sama" 

"Well, I didn't think of any. I just asked Leviathan-sama about that and she seems confident that I can find them on my own without much trouble" said Jiraiya and the crowd cheered again, but this time  Magical Girl Milky's name. Sparks fell across the stadium, where they came from is unknown.

"Yes, yes. I know you are interested in seeing me come back. Well try to work it out as well" said Jiraiya about his role in the Magical Girl Milky movies. And the interview went on with some basic questions about Jiraiya and the last question asked was his plans for the future.

"Yes. I know it is going to be difficult, but I think I should get a good grasp of my New Status and then write more books of course. I should also train my apprentice to be a better man" said Jiraiya. The Host caught up to it.

"Jiraiya-sama, can you explain more about this apprentice of yours," asked the host. Unfortunately, the signal to call the Guest of honour was given and the host went back to the side of the stage where there is a podium for her. They doing this interview on the front side of the stage, far from all the dignitaries and respected members of the Devil Hierarchy as to make Jiraiya nearer to the audience.

With Naruto

As he reached the stage and waited for his entrance, he observed the mood in the stadium. They were very much excited and going wild.

"It's time, folks. Let's call the man in question our guest of honour" said the host. Naruto slowly walked and vanished from view and appeared in the middle of the stage with fireworks and sparkles going around him.

"Introducing, Naruto Uzumaki," shouted the host. Naruto came in a blinding light and struck a pose. The crowd cheered for this unknown man. They were not given any information about this person and just said he was important to this.

"NARUTO?" Shouted Jiraiya. Naruto turned to see the man in question and his jaw hit the floor.

"SENSEI?" shouted the blonde boy. The stadium was silent at the turn of events. Pin drop silence can be observed in the auditorium and not even one devil dared to make a noise. Ajuka, who is drinking a drink in the special VIP room, spit his drink in shock. 

Zekram had a shocked look on his face and Serafall was bouncing in joy at finally seeing the person who Jiraiya fondly talks about. 

Student Council Room, Kuoh High

Sona and Rias were watching the ceremony in excitement. They were fans of Jiraiya's literature as the man has a unique style that can't be replicated by anyone. Only a person who has years of experience under their belt can write like that. Jiraiya is such a man.

As it was night time, all the students, including those of Club members left the school premises. Generally, at this time, Rias will take care of the town as they choose to split between daytime and nighttime watching over the town. But as today is special, they cancelled all their appointments and stuck to Deviltube, the broadcasting channel of the program.

They were excited when Jiraiya came and started talking about his career and perfectly when the time came and the question about his apprentice was asked, they were on the edges of their seats to get an oral confirmation from the man, only to be interrupted by the sudden entry of an unexpected person.

They were curious when the host explained about a person who has this unique type of Evil Pieces which will be given to Jiraiya and looking forward to meeting this person. As it was prior explained about Jiraiya's wish to stay Human and his willingness to join Devils as well, but not by Reincarnation.

As a strategically intelligent person, Sona knew why Jiraiya chose not to reincarnate. The answer would be simple, the question of who should reincarnate him will be asked and things may downgrade after that.

She appreciated his tactical decision for that. The fact that Jiraiya is not the first-ever human devil disappointed her. She waited eagerly to see the person who has that honour only to be shocked at the familiar blonde hair and blue-eyed boy's appearance.

Her thoughts were interrupted by someone pinching her. She turned to see a frantic Rias looking at her with her best puppy dog eyes.

"Sona, this is not true, right?" Asked Rias, tears starting to fall from her eyes. 

"Rias I-" before she could answer, a magic circle lit in the middle of the room and a person stepped out of it. The person is familiar to both Rias and Sona as she is the Vice President of the Ninja Club. 

Sona observed the Magic Circle curiously. As a logical person, she knew the significance of Magic Circles and their usage in battle. It has the basic structure of any Magic Circle with a Blue colour Swirl in the middle. It has 3 commas in each joint with various other symbols taking prominence. The most common one being a black Dragon symbol which is in the middle of the blue swirl and the rest of the circle is in black with orange edges to it. She doesn't know this symbol, not the house to which this symbol belongs. But the person who stepped out and the person who is currently in the Underworld, she knew.

She connected the dots and came to a startling conclusion. Naruto Uzumaki is a far greater threat than she ever thought him to be. He is both smart and cunning. She is going to be more careful around him from now on.

"Hello," said the figure as she stepped out of the magic circle.

"Reni, so you knew," asked Sona as Rias was still in her shocked state, unable to recover. A red and blue Magic Circles lit up beside Sona's and Rias's ears and came the voices of Akeno and Tsubaki. Both their respective Queens.

'Kaichou, what is going on? We felt a new magic enter our office breaching the security' asked Tsubaki calmly. She is well trained in suppressing her emotions much like her King.

"There was no threat, Tsubaki. You guys can rest, that applies for you as well, Akeno" she said sternly and the 2 circles dispersed after her order.

"Oh well, I guess you are smart," said Reni.

"Come, sit. I think there is a lot to talk" said Sona, gesturing to a seat between Rias and Sona. Reni came and sat in the seat calmly.

"I think I have a lot of explaining to do," she said and Sona just nodded. Rias came out of her shock as Reni gave her a small jerk.

"What!" She exclaimed and after drinking some water, she calmed down and turned to Rani.

"You have a lot of explaining to do," she asked sternly and with a smile, the blonde girl started explaining.

"It started when Naruto-kun was roaming across Kuoh aimlessly-" and explained everything that was told by Naruto to tell them. Everything about how they met. But what type of Power Naruto and other important buts were exempted as they are not allowed by Naruto.

Lucifer Stadium, Underworld

"Uhm, I don't know if we have heard correctly, but did Jiraiya-sama just called Mr Naruto by his name and Mr Naruto called Jiraiya-sama Sensei?" Asked the confused host. That is the same question running through all the attended Devils.

"This is going to be interesting," said a purple-haired woman who sat in the press section with the name tag of Modern Publications on it.

"Can you explain this, Jiraiya-sama?" asked one of the reporters and a magic circle lit in front of Jiraiya's mouth.

"Well, I don't know where to start, but Naruto is my student and has been under my tutelage for the past 3 years. He is also aware of the supernatural and travels across the world and he is the author of the book, the Shinobi which was released in the previous years" said Jiraiya. All the crowd started having a realisation. They were present in a similar set-up some time ago when Jiraiya released his first Underworld edition books and he also released a book known as 'Shinobi'. They all loved it. It was an instant hit much like Jiraiya's works.

They cheered for the new blonde boy, welcoming him with appreciation and a big round of applause followed. 'At least they remember my book' thought Naruto. Though he is 'Jiraiya' technically, he didn't come into the spotlight till now and so knowing that the Devil populace at least remembered his other book is a relief.

"We would like to hear a few words from our Guest," said the host and another magic lit in front of Naruto's mouth.

"Yo, my name is Uzumaki Naruto and I'm a student as well as an author. It warms my heart to see a spark of recognition in your eyes when the word 'Shinobi' is said. I hope to live up to your standards" said Naruto and got a good response.

"Now, Ladies and gentlemen, it is time to give Jiraiya-sama his Evil pieces set," said the host and Ajuka appeared beside Naruto. He had the set which was decided to be given to Jiraiya.

"This is it, Naruto. I want you to explain to him about what and how to do it and any drawbacks about the set first, after that Zekram-sama will give him the set officially" said Ajuka. Naruto nodded and walked toward Jiraiya and started explaining the process.

"Well, Sensei. From my experience, you should drop 3 drops of blood on it and it will react to your magic. After that, a King Piece will be out on your chest and it will sync in. After it sinks in, brace yourself for the impact, -" though this was explained in front of everyone, the conversation going on was different between the two.

In Naruto's Mindscape

"I think this is it huh, Naruto," said Jiraiya.

"Yes, Sensei. Though I selfishly kept you here for long, I enjoyed your presence a lot"

"I also enjoyed it, kid. I am proud of you, Naruto. I know I have told this before, stay happy and do what your heart says, Naruto" said Jiraiya and Naruto nodded with a smile.

"I'll, Sensei, I'll" with a final nod that started their plan.

In the Outside World

"I request Zekram-sama to give Jiraiya-sama, his Evil Pieces set," said the host and Zekram stood up and took the Set from Ajuka and walked towards Jiraiya.

"It's a pleasure to have you among us, Jiraiya," said Zekram and Jiraiya took it with a bow.

"Pleasure all mine, Great King, shall I proceed," he asked and Zekram nodded. Jiraiya bit his finger and dropped 3 drops of blood on the Evil Pieces set as the box was opened. A bright flash of light erupted, attracting the attention of everyone in the stadium and the cameras.

"Rinne-Sharingan: Mugen Genjutsu: Memory Alteration Jutsu," said Naruto, his third eye coming into view for the first time after a long time. This is the name he gave for this ceremony. As the King Piece reach 'Jiraiya's' chest, he will activate his Rinne-Sharingan and cast an infinite Genjutsu that will alter this moment.

"Chakra Edo Tensei: Jiraiya: Kai" (Chakra Reanimation: Jiraiya: Release) was the second Jutsu he performed. One releasing Jiraiya from his reanimation another one casting a Genjutsu of Jiraiya's Evil Piece acceptance.

The Genjutsu was simple. It shows that the Evil Piece was accepted by Jiraiya without any side effects and boosted his strength and abilities which will be felt by them as soon as the light died down.

"Amazing," said one of the Devils as the light died down and they all turned to see a grinning Jiraiya, his power coming off to them in waves.

"It was an amazing spectacle, folks. Jiraiya-sama seems to be fine and nods in affirmation. This means the Evil piece successfully accepted him as a King and his Evil Piece set colour also changed as you can see it is in Red and white lines across it" said the host, highlighting the set which was in Zekram's hand. All the Devils cheered for their author's successful transition from a Human to a Human-Devil.

"I request Lord-Bael to speak a few words," asked the host and Zekram nodded.

"My dear Devil Brothers and Sisters, I am honoured to have this once in a lifetime opportunity. We are making history here. Reincarnation of Humans into Devils has become a daily occurrence after the invention of the Evil Piece System by our beloved Satan Beelzebub. But this is a revolution.

To not completely change a Human but give them the powers of Devils is a historic feat to achieve and I'm so proud that our race got this rare opportunity to witness such a moment. I thank you all for attending and helping in making this transition a peaceful and happy one. I also thank Mr Naruto for agreeing to this" said Zekram and the magic circle disappeared from his mouth. All the Devils failed to think about why their Great King is thanking a Human for this. Naruto raised an eyebrow.

'Did he just compliment me?' Thought the blonde boy.

"Looks like it. Seems like the Old goat is up to something" said Kurama. Talking for the first time since the ceremony has started.

"Hmm, do you think he caught up to the warning I gave him?" said Naruto. Kurama smirked at that as Naruto appeared in front of him in his mindscape. When Jiraiya was doing his show in the Elder Council, Naruto entered Zekram's Bael mind and gave him a warning.

A warning he knew the Great King would take seriously. By the looks of it, it is true. He wanted something from him and Zekram started his play by complimenting and thanking him in front of all the Devils. This is definitely an elaborate scheme that the old Bael lord has come up with.

"Whatever that old bat is up to, if he takes necessary measures and prevents any of his faction Devils from joining Khaos Brigade, it would be good for him," said Kurama casually.

"That is true. I am not going to show pity on them if it comes to that" said Naruto and this time Kurama's smirk became more feral.

"That's it. This is the entertainment I'm waiting for. What are you gonna say to that crow?" asked Kurama, talking about Azazel.

"Do you think he is gonna ask me?"

"Why won't he?"

"Come on, Kurama. I'm making peace in a way here" said Naruto in a bored tone. The proverbial light bulb blew in Kurama's mind.

"Oh. So that's it. You came here to tell him your progress. How do you think those 2 little bats taking this" 

"I think it's going to be amusing to watch their reaction. No. We'll deal with it tomorrow. I'm sure there will be lots of questions waiting for me" said Naruto and Kurama nodded.

"Are you ok, Naruto?" Asked Kurama in concern. He knew how much Naruto grew, he can't hold back when someone dear to him leaves him.

"I'll be, my fox friend," said Naruto and disappeared from his mindscape.

On the stage, everyone were congratulating Jiraiya and Naruto for this successful endeavour of them as Humans. And a successful experiment for the Devils.

Ajuka was going through the report given to him from the King piece about the progress from the chip he planted in it, he is trying to monitor it and check for any inconsistencies or defects but found none. Sirzechs came and stood beside Ajuka. 

"Is everything ok, Sirzechs?" Asked Ajuka. From the moment Ajuka told him about Naruto, Sirzechs was on edge as if he is going to be attacked by someone. Sirzechs sighed.

"I don't know, Ajuka. That blonde boy is not everything that meets the eye. He is different and I'm not talking about his Sacred Gear" 

"What do you mean by that? You have been in a Dragon's presence before, didn't you?" Asked Ajuka confused.

"Yes, I've been. But I am not sure I have been in the presence of the Shadow Dragon"

"Do you think he is a threat to us?" Asked a concerned Ajuka. He also experienced the weight of Skiadrum with Holy magic in full force. But he didn't think much of it as Sacred Gears give large amounts of Magic when awakened and the amount of power depends on the power of its wielder and the soul or power sealed in them. As a Sacred Gear that holds both Light and Shadow elements, the power it released is expected.

"The fact is, I don't know. I can't get a good read on him. He is like this blank area that I can't put my finger on" said Sirzechs.

"Hmm, I think I know why. Zekram-sama told me that the Shadow Dragon has the power to drag anything it touches into the Abyss. Maybe he uses that technique to make his presence blank so that anyone can't attack or remember him" concluded Ajuka. 

Credit is to be given to the Genius Satan for his intelligence and deduction skills. To deduct something about an unknown type of Magic is nothing but marvellous.

"Maybe. That might be it. As my magic has a black tint to it, it is reacting to his magic I guess" said a relieved Sirzechs. Suddenly all the weight he felt was gone. He sighed in relief. 'I'm correct then. I'm feeling his passive pressure because of the dark tint in my magic and as I realised it, it was gone' thought a happy Sirzechs.

"Yes. I'll talk to Naruto about it" assured Ajuka. Sirzechs nodded and moved forward. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have arranged a feast in honour of this auspicious occasion. We request Naruto and Jiraiya-sama to attend this with all the respected dignitaries" said the host and Naruto and Jiraiya were escorted to the dining area by a servant.

"This way please," she said and walked them to a large dining area that was set up behind the stadium.

Everyone toasted for Jiraiya and Naruto and the future of the Devils and had their meal. The items served were made by elite chefs and had every variety of food available in the Human world. It went well.

In an Unknown Location

A figure sat in a throne-like chair with no one in the room. He has the appearance of a middle-aged man in his 40's with dark silver hair and hazel eyes. He has long hair and a beard. He possessed a dark aura around his body that may freak out anyone who sees him. He wore the same Maou Lucifer attire as Sirzechs, although coloured in silver. He had multiple pairs of bat-like wings coming out of his back, he has 12 wings. 

He is Rizevim Livan Lucifer, son of Original Satan Lucifer. He is a Super Devil just like Sirzechs and Ajuka. He is a main member of the Old Satan faction but didn't participate in the Devil Civil war. But his power is feared because of its unique properties.

Rizevim has an ability called Sacred Gear Canceller which negates the use of any Sacred Gear near him. He also believed that Devils are beings that have to be evil, wicked, brutal, bad, scum, wrong, brutes, as well as vicious, and it is the role of a Devil to kill every single person they don’t like. Seeing what was happening in the Underworld made him chuckle.

"Useless scum, giving Evil pieces to a measly Human and boasting it to be a great event. How far they have demeaned my race" said Rizevim in a cold tone. Though he doesn't care much about Devils or their affairs, events like these make him spit on them and their ideologies.

Rizevim is a powerful man who is bored of his existence. But he can sense it. He can sense the impending chaos that is waiting to be unleashed on the world. He is waiting for that day to come. A day where everything in the world is in chaos.

Humans, Gods, Devils and all creatures alike running in fear of him and the world filled with chaos. He is a patient man who can wait. He is going to make sure such a day comes at any cost.

Grigory Headquarters

Azazel was having a great day in Grigory headquarters built on their part of Underworld. All his brethren are doing their duty without any conflict with other factions and all the activities are running smoothly. Until this happened.

"Azazel-sama, Azazel-sama, please open the door" shouted his assistant and Vice Governor-General of Fallen Angels, Shemhazai. He has the appearance of a handsome man in his twenties, with silver-white hair and purple eyes. His outfit consists of a purple beret hat, a purple trench coat over a black vest, white pants and black boots. As a Cadre, Shemhazai possesses ten black wings.

Azazel opened the door of his lab, annoyed. They won't let him experiment freely here, that is why he always roams in the Human world where he will not easily be disturbed.

"What is it, Shemhazai. I'm busy if don't know" said a grumpy Azazel though his eyes turned lecherous when he saw his female secretary going around carrying files.

"Sir, you need to see this," said Shemhazai and gave Azazel a magic communicator.

Azazel saw the live telecast of the ceremony of Jiraiya and Naruto. First, his widened in surprise, next he realised something, he was not informed about this by Naruto and lastly, he was addressed with respect by Zekram. This concluded some things in his mind.

'I think they knew of his Sacred Gear then. And by the look of respect instead of loathing, it means Naruto explained everything and agreed to cooperate with them at least. Hmm, interesting' thought Azazel.

"Shemhazai, there is no need to fear. I'll deal with this personally. You don't involve" said Azazel and went back to his lab.

"But Azazel-sama, they are recruiting a human instead of reincarnating him," Shemhazai said in displeasure.

"Leave it to me, Shemhazai. It's an order" said Azazel and Shemhazai bowed in respect.

"Yes, sir," he said left Azazel to his devices. Azazel smirked at that. Though Shemhazai is his second in command, he held high respect for Azazel. He is always like that. 

Azazel thought about the implications of this. If his guess was correct, any moment now, Michael will be made aware of this and makes a plan about this in Heaven.

He is going to happily relax and watch what happens. After all, Naruto exposed himself to the world and the consequences are going to be interesting to watch at the least.

And Cut.

That’s it for this chapter folks. Hope you like it.

See ya in the next chapter.

Suggestions are welcome.

RR.

Black Infinity1289,

Ja Ne.

7