Rating Game Begins
90 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the Next Chapter of Shadow Light.

You can read next 2 chapters of Shadow Light now and join the private Discord Server I made through my Patron page. Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' to find me. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put in publishing the stories and get access to the server at the same time by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

'Telepathy' conversation through Telepathy.

"Kurama/Dragons" Kurama or Dragons speaking.

'Kurama/Dragon thought' Kurama or Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

Enjoy.

Shadow Light

Chapter 33

Rating Game Begins

"To all the Elders, Lords and Ladies and my fellow Devils, welcome. Welcome to the Rating Game between Jiraiya-sama and Riser-sama, the third scion of the Phenex house." Announced a familiar similar haired Devil.

"Thank you for co-hosting the first Rating Game of my Sensei, Grayfia," said a familiar blonde as he sat beside the silver-haired ex-maid in the announcement booth.

"To all the dignitaries and spectators, welcome. My name is Naruto Uzumaki and I'm going to be the co-host of the Rating Game with Grayfia," Naruto said, giving everyone his style of welcome as many cheered for the match to begin.

"What do you think all the Devils watching will think about us, Grayfia?" Naruto asked.

"Maybe they envy all present here, Naruto. It's not every day you see Jiraiya-sama fight and this is his fight Rating game as well. Can you elaborate about that?"

"For those who don't know, Naruto Uzumaki is the student of our beloved Jiraiya-sama and is also a Hybrid like him," Grayfia explained.

"From what I know, sensei requested the match and for what, is up to him to reveal. But it appears to be about someone," Naruto said, winking at Grayfia.

"Thank you for elaborating, Naruto. Let me introduce the Peerages of 2 opponents who will be fighting today," said Grayfia and the images projected on the large magic circle screen changed.

"Let's get started with the well known third scion of the Phenex clan," Grayfia said and a beautiful young lady appeared on the screen.

"This is Ravel Phenex, last child of Lord and Lady Phenex and Bishop in Riser-sama's Peerage," Grayfia announced.

Ravel is a beautiful young girl with dark blue eyes. She has long blonde hair tied into twin tails with large, drill-like curls and blue ribbons keeping them in place. The front of her hair has several bangs hanging over her forehead, with a V-shaped fringe hanging over the bridge of her nose.

Her outfit consisted of a light purple dress with dark purple accents and a blue bow at the front. At the back, three feather-like extensions mimicking a bird's tail protruding from the dress.

An image of a voluptuous woman was shown. She has long wavy purple hair that falls on her back and matching eyes. At the front, the right side of her hair falls over her breast and covers her right eye, while the left side falls near the top of her skirt.

Her attire is a dress consisting of a navy blue tunic top with gold accents and a pale blue skirt with open sides, black shoes and over matching thigh-high stockings with garter belts.

The top reveals much of her cleavage and is held with a gold choker with blue and red jewels. Over this, she wears a white overcoat with black and gold accents and matching pauldrons.

"This is Yubelluna, well known as the Bomb Queen and a strong of Riser Phenex," said Naruto and they took turns explaining every member of the peerage.

Image of the member will be projected on the screen and Naruto and Grayfia will take turns to explain about that person.

In the end, the list stood as below.

King-

Riser Phenex

Queen-

Yubelluna

Bishops-

Ravel Phenex

Mihae

Knights-

Karlamine

Siris

Rooks-

Isabela

Xuelan

Pawns-

Ile and Nel

Ni and Li

Marion

Bülent

Shuriya

Mira

"That's a full Peerage and Riser-sama has a good track record of winning in all his past matches. What did Jiraiya-sama have, Naruto?" Grayfia asked and everyone is eager to know.

"Oh, he has some strong people on his side. Let me introduce Jiraiya-sensei's Peerage," Naruto said and the images changed again.

"You know of his secretary, Miya. I don't want to reveal the pieces. So I'm not gonna say which piece they are. Next is a new addition to the Peerage Alice Damim," Naruto said and Miya's image was replaced by Alice's.

She is a tall woman with a slim build light green hair, which is pulled up under her hat, and teal eyes. Beneath both of her eyes are three dark blue teardrops with her lips in the same shade of blue.

She wore a light green, layered dress with each layer of the skirt having a large red eyespot. The bodice has a high neck and long sleeves. The skirt flared out into a large hoop.

She also wore a white conical hat with a wide brim. It has the same layered look as her dress but lacks eyespots. Additionally, the black feather hatband has a dark red flower in front and a collection of multicoloured jewels on her left side.

From her left ear hangs a purple stone, from which Naruto can sense magic, and from her necklace hanged three black feathers.

"I know this might come as surprise, but my Sensei is good at surprising. Roygun Belphegor." Naruto said and Roygun's image was displayed.

Roygun is a beautiful young woman appearing in her twenties with long, wavy, cherry blossom hair and two horns protruding from her head. She wears a high-cut formal dress with high slits and has a well-endowed bust and slim waist smiling happily in the image.

"And then there is his last member. Medusa."

Medusa's image came on the screen. She is a tall woman, with heavenly beauty. With skin-tight black clothes and golden eyes, she graced her blessing to everything in the vicinity. Many were mesmerized by her beauty.

"Those are some beautiful women Jiraiya-sama got there. It is no wonder he can produce such quality content always," Grayfia commented and Naruto agreed.

"His opponent has a full Peerage, Naruto. Any reason for Jiraiya-sama to have only a few members?"

"I don't know. Maybe he is waiting for someone of his taste to come and accept his offer," Naruto said, indirectly referring to Grayfia and Katerea.

"That's a plausible explanation. Let's dive into the match then,"

Naruto remembered what happened between Jiraiya and the Top 5 members of the Hierarchy when Grayfia said about the explanation.

Flashback Begin

Jiraiya's Meeting

"What do you mean by he is here to talk about the terms?" Zekram asked Ajuka as the green-haired Maou is the one who got the message.

"From what So-tan said, Raiya-tan reincarnated some questionable ones and maybe he wants to talk about that," suggested Serafall, serious for the first time.

She is serious since her So-tan took Raiya-tan instead of her for a personal spanking and playing session. Since then, even her peerage members are afraid of approaching her.

"Maybe he is here to discuss the rewards he will get from the Rating Game. Didn't he request one?" Suggested Falbium and everyone nodded in agreement.

'Could it be? Did he finally get enough evidence to suggest that?' Sirzechs thought, hearing everything like a spectator.

Soon the doors to the room opened to reveal a proud Jiraiya walking in with his goofy smile and sitting opposite the 5 seats the Maou and Zekram took.

"Hello. How are you doing?" He asked cheerfully and got a warm welcome.

"Thank you, thank you. I want to discuss a few things about the Rating Game and then some and I want this to be a secret." Jiraiya said with a stern face and everyone nodded.

"As some of you might know, I reincarnated some of your exiled members and I want to discuss that first and foremost,"

"You are talking about Roygun Belphegor?" Asked Sirzechs and Jiraiya nodded.

"I know all the conditions you put on her when she was exiled and I'm not going to discuss them. I just want to clear some things. I didn't break any of the conditions and as you allowed her to keep her High-Class status even after your punishment, it works in my favour.

Every member of my Peerage is a High-Class Devil by default and won't get any Evil Pieces as a price for becoming my Peerage member for eternity. So there is nothing wrong done in this case and I won't allow any of my Peerage members to be prosecuted," Jiraiya said in a serious tone. All his audience are surprised.

They didn't see the happy go lucky pervert this serious and this reminded them why they and the Devil society at large respect the man so much.

"We will discuss that, Jiraiya. Move on. What else do you want to discuss?" Zekram nudged and Jiraiya continued.

"Kuroka Toujou." That one name got the most reaction from his listeners.

"Did you bring her?" Zekram asked, looking around.

"Troublesome," Falbium sighed.

"Oh my, did you find something interesting?" Sirzechs asked with a knowing smirk.

"Are you planning something?" Ajuka asked as he knew everything will not be black and white with Jiraiya.

"Mou, Raiya-tan didn't say this to Sera-tan," pouted Serafall.

"Yes, Sirzechs. I found some interesting things and want to discuss them with you," Jiraiya acknowledged and started explaining what happened on that day and gave evidence to every one of his claims.

4 Maous and Zekram were shocked at the stark contrast of what was actually recorded in Kuroka's case and what actually happened and could understand Jiraiya's plight.

'All this happened and we are still sitting here, talking things,' Inner Shikamaru grumbled as the weaknesses and cover-ups Devils made talked more than what Jiraiya can say.

"We are willing to let her off the hook, Jiraiya. But you know what happens when this comes out," Zekram said after a few minutes of thinking.

"That's why I don't want to expose her now. I'll say when to release all this and clear her. It would be perfect then,"

"Did you plan to reincarnate her into your Peerage?" Sirzechs asked curiously.

"Of course, Zechs. I can't let a stray cat roam alone long,"

"Good for her. I can't believe all this happened under our noses," he said in disbelief.

"Oh, many things are happening under your nose, Zechs. They are doing it very well and hiding well. Back on topic,"

"It is not over yet?" Serafall asked in confusion as she noticed a sleeping Falbium.

"Nope. These are 2 things I want as my reward. What does Riser want?"

"He wants every book you ever published with your sign and a promise for future movies with him and his peerage in it," recited Serafall.

"My fan, eh? Done. If you are willing to do as I asked, Riser will get what he asked for if he wins," Jiraiya said with a loud boisterous laugh.

"We will discuss and let you know our decision, Jiraiya," Zekram informed.

"Remember, I don't want any leakages. I hate to deal with them," he said in a dangerously low voice and the 4 Maous along with tye Great King nodded. Jiraiya left after that.

Though Jiraiya wants to talk about Tiamat, he knows they won't handle it well after so many revelations. So he postponed it for now.

"Phew, what a drag," Falbium said and everyone unknowingly agreed with him.

They have decided to agree to the 2 conditions Jiraiya put as they have proof and not violating any conditions.

Flashback End

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome our participants, Riser-sama-" Grayfia was interrupted by a large explosion of fire in the middle of the Arena and Riser and his peerage came out.

As previously explained, a total of 16 members are present including Riser, the King of the Peerage.

"And Jiraiya-sama," continued Grayfia and this time a reddish-silver magic circle lit up and only 5 members stepped, Jiraiya being in the middle of 4 women.

In which 2 faces are familiar to some while the other 2 are unknown only being seen on the screen. While Miya and Roygun got recognised, Medusa and Alice were scrutinised.

"Welcome, participants. As you already know, this match is not in the Official Rating Game roaster, so it is considered as an Unofficial Rating game.

Last one standing will win is the only rule accepted by both parties in this game and it was approved by the Board. You have 15 minutes to prepare," said Grayfia.

"All the arrangements for immediate medical support were made so that participants can go all out. Both parties didn't choose any particular type of battlefield.

So an Arena selected by the Board at random will appear in a few seconds while your strongholds will be specified. The Rating Game starts after 15 minutes," Naruto said and the Arena was engulfed in gold light.

"15 minutes of preparation and strategizing time was allotted to both parties. Strongholds will be announced shortly," Naruto continued and as the light died down, it reveals their arena.

A peaceful village replaced the barren land Jiraiya and Riser stood on with lush trees and water flowing through canals with a serene atmosphere.

"Jiraiya-sama's stronghold is the Publications office to the right end of the village while Riser-sama's is the mansion to the left end

Please move to your respective strongholds. The Rating game will begin after the 15 minutes strategy planning time," said Grayfia and Jiraiya and Riser moved to their respective strongholds to plan.

With Riser's Group

"Ok, girls. I want you to put your all and win against Jiraiya-sama. Remember the reward we will get if we win!" Riser said, motivating his Peerage and cheered 'Yes, Lord-Riser!' Except Ravel.

'I hope you take everything this seriously, brother,' thought Ravel as she knew how much training his brother and peerage did to win against Jiraiya-sama.

"I want you all to go into his territory and promote yourself." He said pointing to all his Pawns who nodded determinedly.

"Yubelluna, stand behind and assist them wherever needed. Which Pieces does he have?"

"A RookPawnKnight and Bishop. I think that magenta haired woman is Bishop. I don't know which Piece he gave Roygun-sama," Ravel said from what she analysed. Riser raised an eyebrow at Ravel's respect for Roygun.

"She is the former Head of House Belphegor, brother. She is also top 2 in the Rating game roster. Didn't you know?" Ravel asked with a huff.

She knew her perverted brother wouldn't bother if he can't reach any woman's level as to avoid wallowing in inferiority.

"Okay. Just be careful around her. I don't know about the other 2. Jiraiya-sama uses Mist magic?" Ravel asked.

"Illusion magic is what Father said. So think twice before you strike as it might be an illusion," Riser corrected and ordered. As the time for strategizing completed, a green light lit over the Arena.

"Go. I'll be watching and will come to your rescue if need be," said Riser and with one last cheer for victory, they dispersed.

With Jiraiya

"Hmm, how should we do this?" Jiraiya asked as he sat in the manager's chair in the publications office.

"So we are going to do this…," he started and said a plan to his 4 pieces. While the real conversation was going on telepathically.

Though he is appearing as Jiraiya for all, mentally he took his original form and started assigning roles.

'Medy-chan, use that technique I taught you and make them believe you were Bishop. When they approach, show your strength and dispose of them,'

'Yes, Master,' Medusa said with a deep bow.

'Miya-chan, show your power and eliminate his Knights. From what Alice-chan brought, his Queen might be problematic, Medusa will deal with her,' said Naruto and Medusa nodded again.

'Roygun, take care of Ravel for me. That poor little girl maybe in his Peerage, but I don't want her to feel humiliated,' Naruto ordered and Roygun nodded.

'Whose left, take care of them. Gather blood from all battles before you attack. I don't want to expose your full power, Alice-chan,' Naruto said and Alice nodded.

'Enjoy the match, Kuroka. The higher-ups had agreed with my proposal and you will be free after this match. Though it won't be made official till some time,' Naruto said to Kuroka, who is connected to him.

He felt her nod and tears falling from her eyes. 'Are you crying, my black kitty?'

'You are asking me that?'

'Yes. I am,'

'Nyaah, Naruto you bully,' said Kuroka and smiled widely in joy.

"Well, looks like the time for discussion is up. All the best, girls." Jiraiya said as they all dispersed to their jobs.

With Azazel

"Ah, a good Rating Game with sexy women," said Azazel with a perverted smile.

"Why did you call me again?" Vali asked as he was strapped to a chair and forced to watch this good for nothing match.

"It's been so long since I caught up with my son. Don't you think I at least have the right to talk to you?"

"Cut the crap, geezer. I know all your plans. What do you want?" Vali asked as he broke loose of the straps he was put under.

"There is that accusation again! You are hurting me, Vali," Azazel said with a dramatic faux heart attack.

"You are not a Human to get a heart attack, old man," Vali shrugged off Azazel's faux acting and sat beside him as he saw the time for strategizing completed.

"How is everything going? How far did you come in finding that Strongest Enemy?" Azazel asked, dropping his act.

"All useless shits. None of them can't scratch me. Tell me, did you find my Nemesis?" Vali asked with a calculating look.

"Your Nemesis, Ddraig? No. I'm searching for him," Azazel said truthfully.

"If you find him, inform me. I want to be the strongest Hakuryuukou to ever live," said Vali and Azazel nodded.

'I wonder how you feel when you find out about Naruto and his power,' Azazel thought. They continued watching the match and caught up with each other.

None revealed about Khaos Brigade or what the rogue organisation is planning to do to each other.

In Kuoh

"So she is part of Jiraiya-sama's peerage," said Sona adjusting her glasses going over Alice's file. Naruto requested her transfer and she is going over her file.

According to her file, she is from Europe and came here to learn more about Japan and Japanese culture. A good excuse, she must give credit to Naruto for that.

"We don't know where he finds all these strong people," Rias said as she was watching the match intently as her life depended on it.

It literally does. If she manages to know Riser's weaknesses, she could have a good chance of winning against him in the Rating game if she failed to convince her parents otherwise.

"Is Miya that strong?" Sona asked Reni, who is sitting beside them on behalf of a commenting Naruto.

"Yes. She is strong. How much, I don't know. We didn't fight," Reni explained.

"How in Maou's name did he become the commentator of the match?" Tsubaki asked in suspicion.

"Jiraiya-sama asked Naruto-kun and Grayfia-san to do it as he thought it would be interesting,"

"It is certainly interesting. They are such contrasts," Sona pointed and everyone nodded.

"Who do you think will win?" Rias asked as she saw the game officially begin as the time for strategy making was over.

"I'll stay silent and let you two decide," Reni said and watched the match in interest with a knowing smirk.

'Damn her,' Rias and Sona thought in annoyance. From Reni's smirk, they can conclude she knew who would win.

"Shall I punish her to make her yield?" Akeno suggested with a sweet smile.

"Akeno, no. I don't think Naruto will be happy when he finds out," Rias chastised her Queen.

"I would like to see his reaction," she said, cracking her knuckles.

"Akeno, this is not the time and place for it," Tsubaki said and she stopped in her efforts and silently stood behind Rias.

"Sona, please help me analyse Riser," Rias asked and Sona nodded. They both watched the Rating game intensely as it continued.

Somewhere in Japan

A purplish-black portal opened and out came a small petite girl. Though she appears cute, she is one of the most powerful beings in Supernatural, the Ouroboros Dragon, Ophis.

'Where is he? I sensed him here!' Thought Ophis as she searched for one of the strongest beings just below her and that Red fool.

'I'll find you, Skiadrum. I won't let Red corrupt you!' She vowed and vanished in the same portal as she can't sense Skiadrum around.

And Cut.

That's it for this chapter folks.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Suggestions are welcome.

R&R.

Black Infinity1289,

Ja Ne.

1