A Surprise
61 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the Next Chapter of Shadow Light. Hope you like it.

You can read next 2 chapters of Shadow Light now and join the private Discord Server I made through my Patron page. Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' to find me. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put in publishing the stories and get access to the server at the same time by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

'Telepathy' conversation through Telepathy.

"Kurama/Dragons" Kurama or Dragons speaking.

'Kurama/Dragon thought' Kurama or Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

And, if you are interested in Naruro Harry Potter crossovers, check my new story (Destined Saviour). Show it some love as well.

Here is a short summary.

Unforeseen circumstances push Naruto into an unexpected journey. What will Naruto do when he finds himself in the world of Magic in a different body? Takes place in HPverse.

And the wait is over! The server is open of you now! Follow the link or enter the code after / to join the Sanctum.

Tserhx2NzH

Enjoy.

Shadow Light

Chapter 36

A Surprise

Uzumaki Residence

As she entered their bedroom through her magic circle, Reni saw Kana and Saeko talking happily.

As Naruto is also an overseer of Kuoh and is currently in the Underworld, she attended as his representative to watch the Rating Game with Rias and Sona. Though she knew who would win.

Saeko was shy at first when she was taken by Naruto but now she was a fierce woman like any of them and would fight with anyone for Naruto, their love.

She was surprised to see the change the meek recluse girl went through after Naruto consoled her that night. She has the talent of no other and takes after Medusa in that aspect.

She started training with Miya after Naruto told her to become strong and she is easily High-Mid to Low-High class in strength. She didn't even get her Evil Piece yet. Kana was left to take care of her in the house as everyone had their part to play.

"Reni-nee-chan, Naruto-kun won!" Saeko said in joy as she jumped to hug her. Saeko, though taking after Miya as a teacher, loved Reni dearly as she was tasked to take care of her in the beginning.

"Yes, Saeko. If I'm correct, Miya will be excited tonight." Reni said with a strained smile.

"Damn that manipulative psycho. She planned it!" Kana yelled in frustration. Reni knew she was correct and nodded solemnly.

"What do you think Naruto-kun is planning about the party and did the people he wanted to send a message to receive it?" Kana asked.

"I hope they did. He went far for them to not get that."

"Um, what message?" Saeko asked in confusion.

"Not that important for now. Let's wait for their return." Reni said and went to arrange for night festivities.

'Looks like I should report about Akeno and her behaviour.' Reni thought as she went to prepare their bed.

Unknown Location

In an unknown location, a famous rogue group met to discuss the recent events and work of one of their own.

"I didn't expect the pervert to be so strong," Shalba said with begrudging respect.

"Heh, as if that Phenex bastard can stand a chance against us." Creuserey humphed.

"How were you doing, Katerea?" Both of them asked, turning to their third member.

"Didn't I say it will take time? He is busy with that match and I'll get in contact with him soon." Katerea said with a huff.

"I expected something more from you, but I got in touch with one of them and is going to turn him to our side," Shalba said proudly.

"Oh, who might it be?" Katerea asked with raised eyebrows.

"Not some weakling like your target." He said with a taunting smirk and Katerea controlled herself and left them.

"Is that so? We will see who will get the better end of the deal soon." She said with an irritated look and left them.

"Do you think she will succeed?" Creuserey asked.

"Does it matter? If she betrays us, we will kill her. It's that simple." Shalba said with a shrug. Katerea heard from the corner as she waited for the identity of this person Shalba contacted to be revealed. But she didn't expect them to talk about her death though.

'So they decided, huh. As if I will give them a chance to do it.' She thought and left for her residence to plan. She has so much to do and top on that list is to get into contact with her white-haired lover.

Underworld

At the post party after Jiraiya's victory against Riser, everyone was in a cheerful mood as their favourite white-haired pervert won the match.

Though expectations were low as nothing is known about his capabilities, with this match, the respect for the man has increased a lot in everyone's eyes as Riser Phenex is no ordinary High-Class Devil.

Even the Phenex clan were satisfied with the match and are heartily talking to the perverted sage at the feast.

"I didn't expect you and your peerage to be so capable, Jiraiya-sama. I apologise if Riser has offended you in any way." The Phenex Lord said in a respectful tone.

"Nah, he is a good kid. I didn't expect him to be fiercely protective of his peerage as well. Everyone did well and if Ravel wants to study in the Human World, don't object as Roygun-chan kinda gave her word to convince you." Jiraiya said with his hand shrugging off Riser's unpredicted outburst. Lord Phenex was perplexed by this.

"I didn't know Ravel was interested in going to the Human World to study. But I won't object if she wants to." Lord Phenex agreed.

"Can you share what this price you asked the higher-ups?" A beautiful young blonde who looked exactly like Ravel asked with a playful wink. She is Lady Phenex, Ravel's mother.

She looks like an older version of Ravel in her early twenties with the same blonde hair and blue eyes, with the only exception of her hair being done up very high with ornate hair decorations.

"Enticing me with beauty for information, my Lady? I apologise as I couldn't disclose anything as it is a secret agreement." Jiraiya said apologetically. She got a disappointed pout at that.

"But since you asked, I can safely say that you will come to know of it in the future." He said with a charming smile and Lady Phenex nodded in satisfaction.

"Speaking of Lady Belphegor, how did you reincarnate her? We all know what happened." Lord Phenex blurted.

"Darling, you should be mindful of your words. I'm sorry for his words, Jiraiya-sama." Lady Phenex apologised, bowing low, giving a good view of her bountiful breasts.

"Ah, don't worry about it. You can speak to her to know the story. I just can't bear her loneliness, that's it." Jiraiya said with a serious look which both the Lady and Lord understood.

As Pillar House Heads, they are privy to the confidential information in the most important matters and they knew full well what happened to Roygun and the terms of her exile. And they slowly nodded and left Jiraiya, to welcome the lost Head personally.

"Raiya-tan! That's awesome!" Serafall said in joy and lunged towards Jiraiya, smothering him in her large breasts. By this point, Jiraiya was all too familiar with it and didn't try to untangle her.

"That match was sooopper and Miya-chwan looks great and-" Serafall went on everyone's performance with animated tears and gestures, talking to Jiraiya nonstop.

With Naruto

While his Sensei was greeting and chatting with Lords, Ladys and other high-class nobility of Devils, Naruto was chilling with Sirzechs and Sara. Grayfia following him around.

"So you're telling me she is obsessed with fighting me?" Naruto asked as he was on his 10th bowl of special Ramen from the Whirlpool Group.

The Whirlpool group became so popular that they even have a branch in the Underworld and were ordered to serve for this special event.

The company can't work without their Manager and so Miya entered into the frame. "Naruto-kun! Hope you are liking the new flavours of Ramen we started." She said with a happy smile. Naruto nodded vigorously.

Though Miya was tasked with taking care of Whirlpool publications, she was roped into taking care of all Whirlpool group through some secret bedroom tactics from Naruto and she is the acting head of everything he owned.

Though Reni will replace her when she spends time with Naruto and now Alice also joined, increasing the number of days she can spend time with her saviour.

Sirzechs and Sara observed the hearty looks and conversation the purple-haired Knight and blonde King had and smirked at the level of chemistry they had.

"I didn't leg you for stealing other's women, Naruto," Sirzechs said with a wide smile, trying to fluster the blonde.

"Heh, you would be wrong in that assumption, Zechs. You should come to the weekend party with Grayfia and Sara to see how things were in my home." Naruto said with a smirk, inviting the Red-haired Satan and his family to the private party.

"I would love to!" Sirzechs said with a squeal only to be banged on his head.

"Honey, you have many important meetings scheduled on Saturday. Sorry, Naruto-kun, we couldn't come but I'll make sure Grayfia attends." Sara said with an apologetic tone and sisterly smile.

"Aww, I thought you could Rias there. But whatever. Guess you can't." Naruto accepted her apology and taunted the red-haired man who got a dark cloud on his head. He started to whine about how unfair that he can't see his Ria-tan and started making circles on the ground.

"You know how to take down the strongest man in the Underworld, Naruto-kun," Miya said with a smirk as she watched how whiney Sirzechs became with few words.

Sara is trying her best to console her husband but it's not working. Deciding to avert the crisis, she called Grayfia.

"Grayfia, bring Serafall here." She asked her longtime friend who nodded and pulled the black-haired magic girl from Jiraiya a bit forcefully and threw her towards Sara.

"Uwu. What! Why am I here? Where is Raiya-tan?" Serafall asked in confusion.

"Sera-chan, you are not going to Jiraiya-sama's party, right?" Sara asked with a sweet smile. Noticing the dangerous aura Sara has, Serafall carefully observed her surroundings.

'Naruto was there, damn him! Grayfia is the one who threw me. I'll kick her ass to heaven! Zechs-tan? Why is Zechs-tan making circles on the ground?' Serafall thought in realisation. 'So this is about that. Ok!'

"No, I'm not going!" Serafall said with a wide smile, striking a pose, Sirzechs was upon his feet, ready to ask if she is saying the truth when Naruto's words cut through it like a hot knife through butter.

"Really? I thought Sona invited you, Serafall. Poor Sona. Maybe I should accompany her around. Imagine her being lonely without you." Naruto said in a dramatic tone, giving a dramatic sigh. Sara is sweating now.

Serafall's pose dropped, her shoulders slugged and she hugged Naruto tightly, shouting about something unfair. Seeing Serafall cry like him satisfied Sirzechs for some reason.

'If she is going to miss Sona like how I'm going to miss my cute little Ria-chan. That's fair.' He theorised and gave Sara a thumbs up. She sighed and lost balance in joy when Sirzechs caught her.

Grayfia watched everything with stern eyes. She knew how Sirzechs and Serafall loved their siblings. But she couldn't fully grasp the concept of love.

She loved Sara like a sister as they were practically together since childhood and loved Sirzechs, Serafall, Ajuka and Falbium as friends. But she didn't know how this 'love' truly feels. She wanted to know about it for a long time and tried many ways, but all failed.

Then he came. The blonde in front of her. She felt a strange feeling in her chest whenever she was near him. She knew the feeling was mutual. She can see it in his eyes.

He was an enigma who came to solve her problem for her. During their date, she felt the feeling more than ever and she liked it. She wants to cherish that feeling and want to have it forever.

That's why she accepted anything he asked as she wanted to observe how this feeling came in her and see how it works and now seeing Serafall, her rival so close to him, even banging him in her breast didn't disturb the feeling.

"Naryuto-Kyun! Sona, Sona-chan is going to be ok without me?" Serafall asked with an overwhelming protectiveness, banging his head into her large breasts. He couldn't respond and so he pushed back, to get some breathing space.

"Listen, Sera-chan, I'll make sure Sona is ok without you-" he saw the mad glint in her eyes and rephrased it.

"I mean, I'll make sure Sona won't feel lonely at the party in your absence." He said with the most courageous face he can muster.

"Oki. Make sure she enjoys it. I know she loves her Onee-sama so much, but she must learn to live as well!" Serafall said with a cheerful smile and left Naruto, dragging a protesting Grayfia, shouting about some payback.

Naruto didn't get what Serafall was doing but didn't mind and soon, Miya came to his company and they started talking about the match and how everyone did while Jiraiya was enjoying himself with other Devil Nobles.

As the party was in full swing, everyone could hear someone hitting their glass with a spoon and making a large silencing sound for attention.

Everyone turned to the person in question, which was Jiraiya. Seeing all their attention on him, Jiraiya gave a big perverted smile.

"My dear Fans, Ladies and Lords of Pillar Houses, welcome. Welcome to the victory party, celebrated in memory of my first victory in a Rating Game. I'm so elated to have you here." Jiraiya said clearly, though he was heavily drunk.

"I know you all are waiting for my gift. Yes, I do have a gift for you all. Let's welcome my latest edition of Lost In Underworld series!" Jiraiya said, and clapping and cheers started coming from the attendees.

As it is a private party, it was not televised if not, few more millions of joyful shouts and cheers could have been heard across the Underworld.

Jiraiya took the book from his haori, which appeared in a puff of smoke and showed it to all of them. It had a purple cover with 'Lost in Underworld' written in glittery letters.

As always, there was a smaller title below it and that's what the public is waiting for. They have already seen a purple cover with red wisps and a purple cover with blue wisps and are eager for the next.

Though they weren't confident in whom the wisps indicate, they knew whom the colours indicate. Houses Gremory and Sitri.

So they mentally ticked Gremory and Sitri boxes and eagerly waited for the next cover and it came into view.

As the book was out on display, they can now see the cover in greater detail. After the usual title and cover, there, in yellow wisps, is a smaller title. 'Playing with Fire is Fun'.

Now they knew which Pillar House it was directed towards. The very same house on whom Jiraiya is currently celebrating his victory. House Phenex.

"It's Phenex!" Exclaimed one of the enthusiastic Lords and others agreed.

"As this is a victory party, on a special request from Lord and Lady Phenex, I will sign any copies of the Underworld series you have in your possession and this signed copy goes to Lord and Lady Phenex." Jiraiya declared and everyone cheered and clapped.

Lord and Lady Phenex approached Jiraiya and posed with the book and many magic circles went off, capturing the memorable moment for the couple. Jiraiya leaned in as if to whisper.

"I'm sorry for your son's defeat. Here is the reward I promised him." He said, handing them to Lady Phenex who took the small paper from Jiraiya.

"I'll make sure this reaches him when he wakes up." She promised, with no remorse or sadness in her eyes. They were happy that their son learnt a valuable lesson today.

The party continued with Jiraiya signing and talking with others and soon the books hit the stores in the Underworld and recorded an all-time high sales. After all, Jiraiya's Underworld series is very famous.

Zekram's Office

In the office of the Great King, an important meeting was underway to decide the future of the Devil Faction. They planned this after completing their duties at the victory party.

"So what now?" Zekram asked his fellow leaders.

"What's there to discuss? We should keep our word and do what he asked." Falbium said with a shrug.

"It's not that easy and you know that!" Ajuka said, stressing the importance of why they are here.

"I know, Ajuka. But it's not like he is going to tell the entire Underworld about this. He is going to face the music, not us. I believe in his capabilities and if you'd only understand, he knew he would win, that's why he was adamant on the Rating Game." Falbium explained.

This didn't surprise anyone present as Falbium was their go-to person when it comes to matters relating to Naruto and Jiraiya as the lazy devil somehow understood the 2 Hybrids at a deeper level.

"We can understand where Jiraiya-sama is coming from, Falbium. We just want to know why he is going to these lengths. You know it's easy for a man of his influence to get Kuroka out and that Rating Game, as you said, is a show of his power.

Why is he going to these lengths just for her? Not even an inch of his posture changed till Riser stepped in and it ended in a flash after that." Sirzechs gave his 2 cents.

"Raiya-tan is amazing. I'm going to make him my Knight!" Serafall bounced in joy. Everyone looked at each other at her statement. They knew Jiraiya can't be reincarnated anymore, even by Serafall. They shrugged it off as one of Serafall's things and didn't comment.

"But, but I know Miya is Naruto's Knight. And that Medusa. I saw with my own eyes when Naruto reincarnated her. How did Jiraiya-sama get them?" Ajuka asked, surprising the whole room, even Serafall.

"What!?" They exclaimed questioningly in surprised shock.

"Yeah. When I called Naruto during Summer about that statue issue, he came with Miya and introduced her as his Knight." Ajuka explained.

"And the statue in question is Medusa?" Falbium asked mockingly and Ajuka's nod surprised him.

"I know normal trade of pieces is common among Devils. But is it possible in this case?" Serafall asked seriously.

Trading pieces, in which one King will take a piece of another King and in return, the losing King gets back the pieces of the losing member back. It is common among Devils.

Though it was intended to help his brethren, Ajuka is also aware of all the illegal and extreme trades some Kings are doing but couldn't do anything because of one thing or the other.

But he didn't expect this when he prepared their special set and though Naruto's set took on the Older generation traits, he didn't know which trait Jiraiya's set took as the flash blinded all of them.

"Is it possible for those 2 sets to have a unique way of exchanging each other's pieces and not possible for other sets?" Falbium asked, breaking the silence.

"A sound theory. I think it might be possible. As I said, they are unique sets and it may be limited to them as any other set won't suit the make-up structure of these 2." Ajuka said confidently.

"Oh no…" gasped Serafall.

"You are not implying-" Started Sirzechs.

"Yes, they can infinitely exploit this loophole and have experienced pieces on both sides when they fight," Ajuka concluded and everyone's eyes widened at that.

"Why do I feel we are short-sighted in giving these sets to them?" Falbium said with a sigh. Everyone agreed.

And they even don't know if this is the full extent of abnormalities the special sets have. Ajuka can be seen shaking his head in disbelief. It's like those 2 played them.

Though he thought of some possible outcomes using the Mixed sets, he didn't expect them to be this serious and deep. If others were to know of this, it would cause a major uproar among the Rating Game Players.

"Though Naruto and Jiraiya don't play in the same Tier. That's a breather for us." Sighed Sirzechs.

"That's where the problem lies, Zechs," Zekram said, looking at his nephew with tired eyes.

"If they don't play against each other, then they can exploit this loophole happily. While Naruto plays, Jiraiya can give him all his pieces and vice versa." He explained and that explained why the old Great King was worried.

"Damn, I didn't expect someone to exploit our tightly knit rules like this," Serafall said deep in thought. The mood in the room changed sour.

They stayed silent for a few moments after which Zekram sighed. Seems like he doesn't have any choice. "Ok. I'll concede. But this is the last time you are going to push me like this." He vowed. Everyone nodded in understanding. Though he doesn't want to, he doesn't have much choice.

"How are things-"

"Zekram-sama, Maou-sama!" Zekram's assistant came in alarm.

"Yes?" Zekram inquired with raised eyebrows.

"Forgive me for barging in, my Lords. It's Archangel Michael, sir. He wants to speak to you." He said in a hurry.

"Michael? Michael from Heaven?" Zekram asked in surprise. His assistant nodded. He turned to Sirzechs for an explanation but the ex-Gremory was also surprised and had nothing to say. Zekram decided to listen anyway and permitted the transmission to be projected.

As everything was set up, a golden cross is shown in the middle of the hall and Michael's picture started to appear. As soon as he was fully formed, Michael spoke.

"Greetings, Great King and Devil Kings. I'm here with a request." Michael said with his perpetual smile.

"Request? What can we help you with, Michael?" Zekram asked, taking charge.

"It's good to see you, Zekram. I want your permission to send Gabriel to Kuoh." Michael explained.

"Kuoh?" Sirzechs asked in surprise.

"Yes, Kuoh. Isn't Naruto Uzumaki residing there?"

"Yes, he lives there. What business does Gabriel have with him?" Ajuka asked in interest.

"That is something I can't reveal. You can say it is related to Father and she is interested to test it in person." Michael explained cryptically.

"Hmm, so it's going to be a long stay then?" Serafall asked in seriousness. Gabriel is her sworn enemy as she is the most beautiful woman in heaven and Serafall and Grayfia had a one-sided rivalry with the innocent Angel.

"Yes, Serafall. She is going to stay for some time. I think."

"What do we gain from this?" Zekram asked in interest.

"What can I offer?"

"A favour from Heaven," Sirzechs spoke.

"A favour from Heaven? Hmm. I can't decide on that alone if you want from Heaven. But I can offer you a personal favour." Michael replied. Though he is the de facto leader of Angels and Heaven, he doesn't take all decisions alone. Michael knew he didn't have as much power as his father to do that. He needs the help of his fellow Archangels to do that.

That's why he always consults with his Brothers and Sister when something important happens. They all share the responsibility and he acts as the leader. So that is why he needs to talk to his fellow Archangels before he can offer a favour from Heaven.

"A personal favour from an Archangel. Sounds good." Falbium agreed.

"Agreed." Ajuka agreed.

Serafall and Sirzechs nodded their ascent as well and so it was decided.

"We agree to your offer, Michael. Gabriel can come to Kuoh any time she wants and stay at-"

"I'll take care of that. But I request you to keep this a secret. I don't want anyone in Kuoh to know about this until she arrives there." Michael requested. Though this raised many eyebrows in the room, they agreed.

"Thank you for your time. May father help you." Michael prayed and vanished. Anyone didn't know what to say and stayed silent. The silence was broken by a popping of a sleeping bubble of Falbium.

"Let's disperse. I don't think we can discuss much today." Zekram sighed and they all left.

Weekend

Arrangements were quickly made for the friends and other close associates party in Uzumaki Residence under the watchful eye of Naruto.

He wants to make this party one of a kind for all the attendees and planned quite a few activities for all of them to have some fun together.

Most of his friends are already in the compound, looking around the mansion for the first time, courtesy of Medusa. Medusa took her home upkeep duty seriously and maintained every plant they had with utmost care and love.

It has become her favourite pastime and no one had any problems with it. Reni and Miya took to guiding the guests around and explaining everything the mansion had.

Naruto is eagerly waiting for the arrival of a certain silver-haired ex-maid, wanting to show her around and talk to her in general.

Jiraiya is talking with anyone he comes into contact with and is generally passing time with Roygun and Kana.

Saeko started to train with her new powers and is in the basement one though she had strict orders come up at the beginning of the party.

Naruto allowed direct teleportation into the house as he doesn't want any inconveniences to his guests and a magic circle lit beside him.

He curiously looked at it. It was silver with a stylised L in the middle with a small N to the side which Naruto noticed in the few milliseconds it was visible. From the magic circle came out a figure.

She was in her full glory with a form-fitting blue dress with a purple skirt and high heels. Naruto appreciated her fashion sense. The dress perfectly fit her, hugging all her curves perfectly, giving a good outline of what lay beneath.

"Welcome, Grayfia. You didn't have any inconvenience coming here, right?" Naruto asked with a smirk.

"Not really. I was given a magic circle with the address by a blonde follower of mine. So the journey was convenient." She said with a knowing smile and Naruto nodded.

"Come, let's go. Sensei is waiting for us." Naruto said and extended his hand for her to take and she took it without hesitation.

"You made great arrangements. Is it just for introducing your Peerage to me or something else?"

"Oh no. I want you to take part in Sensei's victory party as well." Naruto said with a cheeky smile.

"Naruto-kun-" Miya came out to call Naruto only for all of them to feel a High amount of Holy magic.

Naruto, Grayfia and Miya turned to the place it started coming from and soon, everyone came to see what was going on, Naruto's peerage are concerned about what made their King unleash his Holy magic like this.

Sona, Rias and Grayfia felt a tingling sensation while Naruto's peerage didn't feel anything different. Naruto moved to the front in a protective gesture and waited for whatever to form.

The light took the form of a golden cross and a figure formed out of it as its glow dimmed.

"It feels great to be in the Human World again." A blonde-haired woman said with an innocent smile. Her eyes scanned her surroundings curiously.

Soon they landed on a familiar blonde boy with 3 whiskers and cerulean orbs. "Yes! The same holiness and pure heart. I have been searching for you, Father!" Said the woman and lunged toward Naruto.

Naruto was too surprised to react and that goes for everyone present. What she said simply didn't make sense to them.

"To the Overseers of Kuoh, Archangel Gabriel was permitted to enter Kuoh as a messenger from Heaven and we wish you to treat her with the utmost respect." Came the message of Lord Gremory.

Everyone was surprised by the sudden turn of events and what Gabriel said.

And Cut.

That's it for this chapter folks.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Suggestions are welcome.

R&R.

Black Infinity1289,

Ja Ne.

2