Holy
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the Next Chapter of Shadow Light. Hope you share your feedback with me.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

'Telepathy' conversation through Telepathy.

"Kurama/Dragons" Kurama or Dragons speaking.

'Kurama/Dragon thought' Kurama or Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

Enjoy.

Shadow Light

Chapter 38

Holy

"So are you leaving?" Naruto asked, breaking the silence and Grayfia nodded.

"I'm not going to Gremory estate as I don't want to disturb them." Grayfia blurted and Naruto nodded with a smile.

"You know, I didn't see your home." He started and Grayfia gave him a thinking pose.

"Mmm, yes. You didn't. Maybe I should show you." Grayfia said and Naruto smirked at the theatrics.

"Let's go!" He called as a silver magic circle lit beneath them and both of them vanished into it. The clone took Naruto's place in the mansion.

Unknown Location

Naruto and Grayfia appeared in an empty area with a large sparkling castle in the middle. By the appearance of the purple sky, Naruto knew he was in the Underworld.

"So is this your mansion?" Naruto residence to which Grayfia nodded. The mansion is nothing less than marvellous. As they entered through the first door, a maid was waiting for them, bowing in respect.

"She is one of the Gremory's. Sara couldn't let me live alone and sent her with me to handle the situation." Grayfia explained to Naruto. After greeting them, the maid was dismissed and left to do her tasks.

As Naruto was admiring the interior, the silver-haired woman broke the silence.

"Curious about my current status?" Grayfia asked with a teasing smile and Naruto nodded.

"Though I'm no longer the Strongest Queen, I'm still an Ultimate Class Devil and so I still retain my title as such," Grayfia explained.

"Hmm. That's interesting. How do you think the Council will react if any of the 'rookies' were to take you in?" Naruto asked curiously.

"Rookies, you say? Hmph. If they had that much power, they would be at least Ultimate Class themselves. But I think they can't do much as it's a private affair between me and said Rookie." She concluded, giving Naruto a mischievous smile.

"Have any plans?"

"Something like that. But I don't think they will affect you though." Naruto reciprocated the teasing smile. He saw a disappointed look come to her face but she covered it up quickly by pointing him towards the building.

"What do you say? It's up to your expectations?"

"It's nice. Maybe even more if I could come and see the interior." He said with a sad face.

"You are in already. What's seeing inside prove? Let me show you the master bedroom." She said excitedly and Naruto nodded and followed her.

"Oops, my jacket fell," Naruto said, removing his jacket to test the waters. Grayfia raised an eyebrow but didn't comment. He followed, both of them losing clothes by 'accident' like the door catching Grayfia's skirt hook and the pillar tearing Naruto's pants.

By the time they reached the master bedroom, only the inner wears remained and it didn't take long for the entrance of the bedroom to rip them as well.

"What a worst situation. I thought of exploring the bedroom and if possible staying the night. Now we don't have covers." Naruto said in a disappointed tone.

"Hmm, I can arrange a good cover. How about you turn off the lights?" She asked and Naruto did as asked.

"So what now?" Naruto asked and felt a warm hand travel his biceps to his cheek.

"I claim this as mine, any objections?" A husky voice asked and though he could see what was going on, he acted along.

"I don't have a problem with it, but if I can't have something to cover me, I don't think I can sleep." He said in an innocent tone and soon a body pressed itself on him.

"Good?"

"Better. Welp, I'm sleeping now." He said and closed his eyes. And the night went by, becoming one of the best nights of his life as he dreamt of a gorgeous woman on him and both of them having some fun.

As the morning rolled, both of them had clothes and the lights were back on. Grayfia had a serene smile and Naruto was interested to know why, he stopped himself.

"Morning, beautiful," He said, as she groggily opened her eyes. Those silver eyes resemble the light purples of Hinata.

"Mornin," she said, stretching like a cat and emphasising her curves.

"Looks like you had a great night." He asked with a smile.

"Yep. The pillow cover I had was good and I had a good dream as well." She said with a happy smile and Naruto nodded.

"I should go now. I don't think Gabriel will stay quiet if I'm not there." Naruto said with a smile though she saw the pain they hid.

"I think I can see it now. The underneath the underneath." Grayfia said with a smile and Naruto's eyes widened at that.

"What?" He blurted.

"I can see it. I can see what those eyes hold for me. What do those eyes mean. Maybe this is the love I've been craving for long." She explained with a tilt of her head.

"You found it already? Hmm. I didn't leak anything. Maybe you are a fast learner."

"If she saw it, then she had more similarities to Hinata than we thought," Kurama said, waking up from his slumber.

Hinata always understood what Naruto meant. One look into his eyes and she knew what he was feeling and how it was affecting him.

It's a very advanced emotion sensing ability that even Kurama agreed was on par with his negative emotion sensing ability. A theory they came up with was the love Hinata had for Naruto allowed her to see through him.

Now Grayfia saying the same words and being able to see it means only one thing. Even without Hinata's chakra inhibiting her, she is very similar to the Uzumaki women. Which made Naruto smile.

"I'm happy that I helped you in grasping love, dear," Naruto said with a genuine smile.

"Oh you should, 'cause I like this feeling quite a lot and am not willing to give this up." She said with a sweet smile and Naruto shivered at that.

"Sure. I'll be on my way then. It's a shame that I couldn't explore the mansion." He said with a curtsy and was about to leave when a pair of gentle lips pressed against his in a soft kiss before he left.

"Good luck in dealing with that airhead," Grayfia said with a soft smile. With a dazzling grin, Naruto vanished into his magic circle.

In Kuoh

"Where is Naruto?" Gabriel asked as she walked to the main house for breakfast.

"He will be here momentarily. Please take your seat." Miya said and served food to her. She gave Miya a thankful smile and started praying.

Naruto came out of his bedroom then and sat in a chair opposite Gabriel and while she prayed, he dug into his food happily.

'How was the trip?' Miya asked curiously.

'Fruitful.' Naruto replied.

'Hmm, does that mean she is going to join soon?' She pondered.

'I think it's too early for us to think about that dear. How was she all night?'

'Manageable. She didn't cause any disturbance or anything. Though I don't know whether she slept or not. But it's bold of her to proclaim like that yesterday.'

'Quite frankly. Thank God that Rias and Sona couldn't hear.'

'Why do you think she is here?'

'You two should pay attention to your surroundings more. She is looking at you expectantly.' Reni interrupted and Naruto looked up to see Gabriel looking at him.

"Do you need something?" He asked and the angel nodded.

"Can I know why Azazel trusts you so much?" She asked and Naruto's eyes narrowed at that.

"Maybe because he trusted the Sacred Gear that chose me."

"Hmm, quite a powerful one he made. Can I know what is your opinion about Heaven?"

"I don't align myself with any faction and I said the same to Ajuka. That's why I'm still a Hybrid instead of a full Devil. They know too well to push me.

As for Heaven, Michael is doing well. You do have your system of reincarnation which is a sign of acceptance of the change. God did a great job in creating you." Naruto said with a neutral face.

Though he said it with a neutral face, Gabriel felt as if her father was praising her and giving her a serene smile.

"I can't express this feeling you give me. I'm sure we met before." She said cryptically and Naruto knew what she meant.

"I don't think we met in person. But maybe my sacred gear is making you react like that." He said and she nodded, not wanting to push for answers.

"If possible, can I see father again?" She asked with a pouty face that almost pushed Naruto to give in. But his decades-old powerful 'Will' shut it down effectively.

"Now?" He asked and she nodded. He shrugged and moved all of them to the basement as its a holiday.

What Naruto heard of her and what he is seeing are completely different. He thought she was a kind airhead with beauty. But the Gabriel he is seeing is very much responsible and observing as any other faction leader he met.

She knew what to talk about and what not and can control a conversation very well. Though he didn't think she was actively using her beauty to do things.

As he had an essence of God, the source of his holy light, he can easily feel emphatic to anyone who needs any help and wants to help them. Though his strong 'Will' prevail every time, he knows it is the same with all angels.

As he removed the limiters off his body, golden light started emanating from him. It filled the whole room and saturated it with holiness. Even though the Holy light won't affect them, everyone in the room felt tingles.

Naruto's body slowly transformed, revealing a being that many strive to see and be in his grace. One visit from him can silence most of the sinned and a ray of light can purify the most corrupt.

With his light blonde hair falling down to his back, the ethereal form of God was shown upon them. They took in the details with thirsty eyes, scanning him inch by inch.

His front hair parts down in the middle and he was wearing a golden red regal attire with shining green eyes and a gentle, kind smile.

The most distinguishing part of him that is not found in others are the 7 pairs of golden wings he possesses with the brightest of halo which they felt was enough to light an entire country.

Even though she is seeing him millennia after his passing, Gabriel still remembers him and the person in front of him is the same man.

But she can also feel the purity she never felt in the said man before, which differentiated him from her father. Her body tingled in his presence, her wings coming out involuntarily.

"Thank you. Thank you so much," she tearfully said, joyful that he agreed to show her his real form. Even Naruto's peerage was speechless at the spectacle in front of them.

It both tingled and aroused them. The form is just too good to calm themselves. Seeing the effects it has on his girls, Naruto changed back to his normal form.

"Show off. You did it to show off." Kurama called.

"Hmm, I don't know what you are talking about.". Naruto replied switching to the outside world.

"So that's where you got your regal form," Alice said with a smirk and Naruto smiled back.

Gabriel is still in the glory of seeing his God form and he pulled them back up to normal residence so they can relax on Sunday.

"Can I talk to you about something?" Reni asked and Naruto moved to the side where he leaned on her lap while others were busy in their works and Reni started talking.

They were to the side of the room, so Gabriel couldn't easily see them and the room was almost empty as Medusa and Miya left Hiroshima for the publication house.

Saeko and Kana are training in the basement using their new magics and Roygun and Alice were excitedly talking about something.

"What did you decide on Alice? You want her to be part of the club?" She asked while combing through his hair and Naruto went into a thinking pose.

"She will be good with other girls there and I don't think she will sit quietly if we leave her here." He said with a smile that Reni returned.

"A new joinee it is. Coming right up." She said cheerfully.

"Now tell me what you really want to talk about." He asked and with a smile, she replied.

"Our resident sadomasochist seems to be interested in you. I have been observing her aggressive behaviour whenever your name comes up."

"Hmm, what do you suggest? I don't think Rias will be happy to leave her Queen easily."

"Oh no. I don't want that. I want to talk about her trauma and built-in securities. I heard Rias talk about them a while ago."

"Ah, Baraqiel. Yes. She does have daddy issues. Guess she needs to get rid of them first." Naruto said and Reni nodded.

All Naruto's girls have had some issues in the past. But the blonde only accepted them when they are through with the issues and are free to choose. Even Saeko's recent case is the same.

"Don't you think we should see how Kana and Saeko are sparring?" Alice asked, interrupting their conversation and they nodded.

"I will look around the town then," Gabriel said, as Rias and Sona came to take her. Though Naruto gave her residence, it's their combined responsibility to look after Gabriel during her stay in Kuoh.

So the Devil heiresses have stepped forward to show her around as it's Sunday while Naruto's clones hunt the few strays that reside in the town.

They moved to the training grounds in the basement and heard some intense battle going on as they stepped in.

"Crystal style: Armour," Saeko said, her body engulfed in crystal, giving it the toughness and strength of the crystal, making it tough to crack.

"You think your puny crystal shell can block me?" Kana said and punched the armour with her hands which resulted in small cracks.

"Crystal Style: Crimson Fruit," Saeko said, creating a dome of pink crystal around Kana. It is highly durable from both external and internal attacks. And so when Kana tried to break it, it didn't yield.

"Girl that one tough dome you got," Kana said but this time increased her strength and the dome broke immediately.

"I should have known better than to trap a Rook in a strong dome." Saeko sighed.

"Heh. Let's try it seriously now." Kana said as her body was engulfed in the wind.

"Kaze no Tachi (Wind Sword)," said Kana, a wind sword forming in her hand.

"Crystal Style: Crystal Lance," Saeko said, making a crystal lance.

"I said seriously, girl." Kana attacked and when Saeko tried to throw it, the lance was cut by Kana's wind blade.

"Crystal Release: Crystal Needles," she tried.

"Crystal Release: Crystal Pentagonal Prism," five shells of crystals formed in front of her, defending her from the incoming wind attack.

"Crystal Release: Crystal Wheel," she said, making 3 crystals from her hands and making it a wheel. But before she can start her attack, Kana's blade cuts them off.

"Crystal Release: Growing Crystal Thorns," met the same fate. "Guess it's going to be a blade then," Saeko said.

"Crystal Release: Jade Crystal Blade," a crystal blade formed in her hand and she fell into her opening stance.

"A sword fight, eh. Let's see," Kana said and charged with her invisible wind sword. Their swords met and unlike before, Saeko's sword didn't break into pieces. It stood strong.

"Using magic eh. Nice, nice." Kana said and added more pressure to her wind and Saeko followed suit and added more magic and it continued for a while.

Seeing the futility of the situation, Kana decided to use her wind and charged wind in one hand while still, Saeko put effort into holding her sword.

"Wind Style: Raging Storm," said Kana, releasing a wind storm at close range towards Saeko. Saeko used her crystals and made a barrier around herself that the wind wasn't able to penetrate.

"Hana Sakura (Glimmering Petals),"

"Hana no Mae (Flower Dance),"

"Hana Arashi (Flower Storm),"

"Hana Senpuu (Flower Whirlwind),"

"Kami-Kaze (Flower Beauty Wind)," Kana tried all of them to make the barrier shatter and attack head-on. But as the deadlock continued, Kana got weaker and weaker as magic is not her strength.

So deciding to bulldoze her way through it, she pulled her fist back and punched Saeko's barrier, which made the barrier shatter into pieces.

With the same hand, she tried to punch Saeko, which the Knight had successfully dodged and an ethereal glow engulfed her.

With Naruto

"They improved," Naruto said, observing their spar.

"Yes. Saeko is wasting no second as she wants to fulfil her promise and her sword and magic only help. While Kana is Kana and she won't back down to anything." Reni said and Naruto nodded.

Alice slowly inched closer to them and sat in Naruto's lap smoothly. "Hehe. I got the best spot." She said with a victorious smirk.

Roygun is going over food and started preparing for lunch as they complete lunch. Though she watched the spar till now.

Sparring Arena

"Pull out your sword already. I want to see how it cuts." Kana said with a smirk, slashing Saeko's skirt a bit with her wind.

"If you wish to face it, why not?" Saeko said and extended her hand.

"Come to me, Enma," she called and a tear opened up in the space where she extended her swords.

Saeko's sword Enma. Enma is a moderately curved Shobu Zukuri-style katana with a lilac and gold colour scheme. The tsuba is trefoil-shaped, and each lobe is holed in the middle and thickly ridged. The tsuka is lacquered solid lilac (rather than cloth-wrapped), as is the saya.

Both are embellished with simple, golden, five-petaled flower motifs on each side. Enma also possesses an irregular flame-shaped hamon and black no-hi.

It's a beautiful sword Miya so graciously gifted Saeko upon her acceptance into the peerage.

Enma is one and only salvaged sword from Miya's island facility which Miya knew off. The sword is very special, Miya knew that as it survived everything without a scratch.

When Miya tried to use it, she felt no connection with the sword and decided to not use it. But when she gave it to Saeko to test, the purple-haired girl got a reaction out of the sword.

So Miya decided to give it to the younger Knight when she was accepted and Saeko was practising with it since then.

Kana felt the difference in battle immediately as Enma entered the fight. She can rarely strike the young knight which she could keep up with before.

The sword strikes are more precise and damaging than before and Kana decided it is time for her to reveal her speciality as well.

'Blessing of the wind, blow away the dark clouds that befall me and my King!'

"Fujin Megumi (Wind God's Blessing)," Kana, golden wind shone brightly around her and went towards the incoming Knight. Saeko was pushed back by the raw force of the wind.

"Damn, that's hard." She grumbled and sent her magic through Enma.

"Ok, now we tear this apart." She said as if she was talking to a friend and released a large slash toward Kana.

"Megumi: Protection," Kana called, making a golden wind barrier around herself. Though the slash was strong, it couldn't penetrate the Wind Gods barrier and so dissolved.

"My magic got eaten away?" Saeko asked in confusion. She observed how fast the magic put in the attack was over and knew something was wrong.

"Yep. When I was trying to improve what the blessing does, it came to my mind and tried to eat through the air of an area and I was successful.

So I tried it with magic and it works like a charm, pun intended. I can eat through magic with my Fujin Megumi." Kana said smugly.

Saeko started sending large amounts of her magic to Enma and an ethereal purple aura started to surround the sword and everyone got excited at that.

It soon took the form of a phantom dragon and roared at Kana as if daring her to attack. "Challenging me to attack?" Kana smirked and her wind covered and formed a big hand.

"Come," Kana called and Saeko slashed Enma and the phantom dragon shot forward at tremendous speeds toward the Rook.

"Fujin: Hantei (Wind God's Judgement)," Kana said and as the dragon reached Kana, the golden wind hand pushed the Dragon to the ground and as before, sucked all magic from it.

"I give up," Saeko said as she was about to fall unconscious, Naruto caught her with a smile.

"I didn't expect this much improvement from you, my dear. Now rest." He said and Saeko closed her eyes with a happy smile.

2 Weeks Later

"Ok class. I have an announcement to make. We are going to Kyoto for a school trip. So be prepared for it." Rossweisse said with a cheerful smile.

'Kyoto?'

'Fox Priestess,' Naruto and Kurama realised.

And Cut.

That's it for this chapter folks.

You can read next 2 chapters of Shadow Light now and join the private Discord Server I made through my Patron page. Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' to find me. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put in publishing the stories and get access to the server at the same time by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

Here is the invite link to join the server.

Tserhx2NzH

Suggestions are welcome.

R&R.

Black Infinity1289,

Ja Ne.

1