Kyoto
59 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the Next Chapter of Shadow Light. Hope you share your feedback wity me.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

'Telepathy' conversation through Telepathy.

"Kurama/Dragons" Kurama or Dragons speaking.

'Kurama/Dragon thought' Kurama or Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

Enjoy.

Shadow Light

Chapter 39

Kyoto

"Ok class. I have an announcement to make. We are going to Kyoto for a school trip. So be prepared for it." Rossweisse said with a cheerful smile.

'Kyoto?'

'Fox Priestess,' Naruto and Kurama realised. Sona and Rias snickered when they saw the surprise on the blonde's face.

Their training is going well and Naruto is giving them pointers and sometimes forcing them to go through exercises which they have never heard of. Recently, they got a new assignment from Lord Gremory.

Flashback

10 days Ago

"What do you think happened between Naruto and Gabriel? She seemed oddly attracted to him." Rias said as they sat in the ORC room to discuss things while Naruto was somewhere.

"As if I know. She said something when that Holy Light deafened us, I'm interested to know that more." Sona said, adjusting her glasses. A magic circle lit in the middle of the room and a hologram appeared.

"How are you 2 doing?" Zeoticus Gremory asked, appearing in front of them.

"Father!" Rias said and bowed in respect.

"Lord Gremory," Sona bowed in respect. He looked around and missed a certain lazy wave and turned to Rias and Sona.

"Where is Naruto?"

"He is busy and asked us to not disturb him until he comes back," Rias said and Zeoticus got a mischievous smile.

"Is it? Then I have some news for you. As every year, we have a school trip planned." He said with a growing smirk. Sona and Rias gave him an unimpressed look.

"Where? You ask?" He said and they nodded boredly.

"To Kyoto!" He exclaimed and that word shocked them more than anything.

As a High School, going on school trips is common and even more so for Kuoh High as it is maintained and run by Devils. But they never got permission to explore other supernatural cities.

They went to Tokyo, visited Honshu, and explored Osaka. But never Kyoto as it is historically and territorial belongs to Yokai who don't allow foreign races into their territory.

The other places also have Supernatural beings, but they were easy to get permitted either because of Serafall's diplomatic mastery or Devil Factions might.

But Kyoto is not only special because of its history as the Capital of Imperial Japan, but also for an Otaku like Rias, it is her dream to visit Kyoto. She jumped in joy as soon as she heard about it and tried hugging the hologram form of her father.

"Arigato, Tou-sama," Rias said in joy.

"Not my credit dear. It's all Serafalls." Zeoticus smiled.

"That's all, 'inform' Naruto and have fun on the trip. Bye," he vanished with a wave. Rias and Sona bowed again in respect and smiled deviously when the plan to prank the prankster was finalised.

Flashback End

Rias and Sona secretly high-fived which the blonde missed as he was still in his deep thoughts of a certain blonde-haired fox priestess.

"You think she did it on purpose?" Kurama asked.

"It's not like she knew we were here, Kurama. For all she knew, we could be anywhere and even the Underworld. It's a coincidence I guess." Naruto theorised.

He is a public figure because of his relation to Jiraiya, but the relationship he had with Kuoh was never published and Naruto knew better than to believe it unless a certain crow leaked something.

"Guess this calls for a meeting with him. I should also confirm something. So Azazel, open the doors," Naruto said, vanishing from class, unnoticed by anyone except a white-haired Valkyrie.

His clone instantly replaced him and the class went on, mostly planning what is going to happen in Kyoto and what they are going to explore.

With Azazel

Azazel was seriously working on the last kinks he found in the Down Fall Dragon Spear, the artificial Sacred Gear he made for himself with Fafnir. He turned back with a light spear when he felt someone appear.

"Is that how you treat your friend, Zaz?" Naruto asked, catching the light spear and dismantling it. Azazel raised an eyebrow in interest.

"Your mastery increased, eh? Well good. What are you here for? More importantly, care for a spar?" He asked, holding a lance-like golden dagger with a purple jewel at the end of the handle.

Naruto can feel a Dragon in the spear and Kurama clarified for him. "It's Fafnir, one of the 5 Great Dragon Kings,"

"Fafnir, huh? It's been long, old friend." He greeted and was instantly in front of a Dragon. Fafnir is a golden Western Dragon that is more than 10 meters tall, who lacks a pair of wings on his back, which are possessed by most Western Dragons, and has a horn on the tip of his nose.

"It's been long, Skiadrum. You are his first host, a feat which any couldn't pull." A guttural voice spoke and Naruto came face to face with Fafnir. Skiadrum appeared behind Naruto and Fafnir involuntarily took a step back.

"Indeed, Fafnir. You are the only one to escape the massacre I suppose?" Skiadrum asked and the Gigantis Dragon nodded sadly.

"Don't worry, my old friend. As long as I'm here, any Dragon won't be persecuted on a whim. If anyone tries, they will face my fury." Skiadrum assured and Fafnir's face brightened.

Naruto can see the instant joy brought by Skiadrum's words and smirks. 'Looks like one more ally on our side.' He thought and they exit the Mindscape. Naruto does know a bit of what happened but decided not to poke around in Fafnir's history. It is not all sunshine and rainbows after all.

"How is he?" Azazel asked curiously with a smirk.

"He is well. Did you ask for a spar?"

"Yes. I want to test the compatibility of the Sacred Gear and test it and luckily, you arrived." Azazel said in a cheerful tone.

"Sure. Let's see." Naruto said and both of them teleported to the basement of the house where Azazel made a durable sparring arena.

"Let's get started," Azazel said and released the spear from his hand and it started shaping into the form of a golden spear with purple jewels.

"A Spear, hmm, nice," Naruto commented and made a shadow spear for testing. Both opponents charged at each other and clashed midway.

The clash of the spears released a large shockwave which didn't affect anything as everything was built to withstand a high level of combat. Amidst their clashing, Naruto started questioning the Fallen Governor General.

"Did you know about Gabriel's visit?"

"What visit? I was on a holiday 2 weeks ago. I don't know anything." Azazel said with a confused face and a serious tone.

"I didn't say she was here 2 weeks ago." Naruto pointed.

"I heard after I returned from my holiday." Azazel tried to cover it with an innocent face.

"You want me to believe it?" Naruto asked with a stern look and Azazel threw the spear towards the blonde to distract only for Naruto to catch up. He felt burning heat as soon as he caught it and sent it back towards Azazel.

"How was my anti-theft heating? It will heat to unbearable heat in an instant and will burn anyone's hands but mine." Azazel said with a smug smile.

A shadow spear poked him from the back and Azazel turned to see Naruto behind him while the one in front of him vanished into shadows.

"That's a good one. How about we kick it up a notch?" Azazel asked with even more enthusiasm and Naruto nodded. While he chose to drop about Gabriel as he knew he won't get the man to admit he knew.

"So this is what you are up to." Naruto dodged as Azazel tried throwing a spear again. The disappointment didn't last for long as a kick fast approached Azazel's face, which pushed him to jump.

"Almost. I was busy negotiating for peace as well with some new acquaintances of mine." Azazel said with a perverted smile which made Naruto sigh.

"While I was working my ass off to stop a catastrophe, you banging chicks? Man, what general are you?"

"Hey, they are people from high places and I've been working with Serafall to-" he stopped midway.

"Working with Serafall for what? Spit it out." Naruto turned to him irritatedly and the Fallen general tried to dodge the question when a hard punch knocked him to the side.

"Now tell me, you are working with Serafall for what?" Naruto asked seriously, his shadows dancing around him wildly.

"Trying to improve relations between us and other factions. The normal leader stuff." Azazel felt a heavy pressure release on him and immediately dropped the jewelled spear he was holding.

"DownFall Dragon: Balance Breaker," Naruto heard Fafnir's voice and Azazel was engulfed in a golden light.

"DownFall Dragon Another Armour," Fafnir roared again and Azazel was clad in his Balance Breaker form of Down Fall Dragon Spear.

All it created was a golden dragon armour with purple jewels that covered Azazel's body, resembling that of Scale Mail. In addition to looking like another Dragon Armour, Azazel also had a Two-pronged Spear of Light.

"So this is the balance breaker you want to test. Hmm. My first impression of it is average. But let's test its capabilities." Naruto said, the Shadows surrounding him started to disperse in all directions, charging in on Azazel.

"What pressure. I didn't think the host of Skiadrum got his Temper as well, Azazel." Fafnir said with a sigh.

'You don't know many things about him, my friend. He may look like a handsome teenager. But the monster he is hiding is very terrifying.' Azazel replied and Fafnir had to agree.

Naruto is fighting with a Dragon King, even though he is sealed in a Sacred Gear without sweat and Dragon Kings are one of the most powerful creatures in the world. They were easily given the rank of Ultimate Class Devil as in the case of Tannin.

"So you are here for what?" Azazel poked while hopping away from the blonde as he kicked. The Spear in his hand was useless against Naruto as the blonde can make one of his own.

But aside from being made of light, the DownFall Dragon Spear gives him more agility and power as it is lighter than the normal Holy Spears. Azazel tried punching holes into Naruto while the blonde remembered why he was there, but Naruto skillfully dodged.

"You forgot already? You are not an old man to forget things." Kurama chided the blonde.

"I didn't forget perse. It got jumbled up when I was angry and I'm trying to put it together."

"Dumb idiot. We are here to talk about that Fallen girl. That one with big-"

"I remember. Thanks for 'reminding me', Kurama," Naruto said in a sarcastic tone and got an eye roll from the old fox.

"Is anything wrong? You want to ask me something?" Azazel prodded, unable to keep his cool.

"There is actually something I want to discuss. Usually I won't, but as I know you, I thought of keeping you in the know." Naruto said with a sigh. He got a nod from Azazel, telling him to continue, though they didn't stop the spar.

"What is with Akeno? She has some daddy issues?" Naruto asked and Azazel was surprised and took a hard punch to his face. He was thrown back and it took him a few seconds to right himself.

"Akeno?" He asked to confirm and at the blonde's nod, he slumped, Fafnir dispersing into his spear form. Naruto took it as a sign of dismissal of the spar and landed beside Azazel.

"To be honest, I'm not sure about her myself. She hates her father, that's true. But why she doesn't use her Holy Lightning bugs me." Naruto listened silently.

"She has a lot of potential. She wastes all that because of a grudge she has against Baraqiel. The poor man was not himself after that incident. I won't bother you with the full story.

In short, when Akeno's relatives attacked Akeno and Shuri when she was young, because of the grudge they had on us, Baraqiel couldn't make it in time and Shuri died. Though Baraqiel took revenge, it was too late by then.

Akeno started hating him for not being there when he was needed and joined Rias after that. We are at least happy that she found someone she loved and left her. I'm guilty because it's because of me Baraqiel couldn't make it as I sent him on a faraway mission." Azazel said, his head down in guilt.

"That's how bad it is, eh? Well, she has a valid reason to hate him. But not using Holy Lightning is just dumb." Naruto said, concluding.

"It runs deep I think. She doesn't want any part of him in her. So obviously shutting off the Holy Lightning is the obvious choice." Azazel explained and Naruto nodded.

"Why a sudden interest? Should I talk to Baraqiel about anything?" Azazel asked innocently but Naruto understood the underlying meaning and shook his head.

"Nah. Just noticed a weird commonality all members of Rias's peerage have." He said with a laugh. Azazel looked at him curiously, silently asking to elaborate.

"Akeni doesn't use her Holy Lightning, Koneko doesn't use her Senjutsu, Kiba is filled with hatred and it is blinding him and his growth. Gasper, the poor kid couldn't even control his power and was sealed away." Naruto explained and Azazel's eyes widened.

"Don't tell me you are going to teach them how to."

"You think I'm a fool? I won't do anything unless they are up to it. I'm not their teacher or cheerleader. They should learn to move on and make their power truly theirs. I have no part in it. It's Rias's problem. She should act as the King should and do it. I'm not going to interfere if it isn't related to the peace and balance of the world." Naruto said bluntly.

Though Naruto's words came out as cold, Azazel understood his intention. And as he already knew about the blonde's conviction to peace, he didn't question it.

"So what's the plan moving forward?"

"Plan? I should go to Kyoto."

"Kyoto? Perhaps you are hiding something from me?"

"Perhaps. Who knows." Naruto said with a shrug, Azazel gave him a playful smirk.

"Hope everything goes well with that White-haired teacher of yours." He said with a guffaw.

"Hmm, whom are you talking about?" Naruto asked, acting dumbly.

"Yeah, right," Azazel said, still laughing.

"Well Zaz, I'm outta here. Got some packing to do and whatnot." He said and with a wave, he vanished, appearing in his home.

"Oh, you are back. What took you this long." Reni asked, coming near him. Naruto caught her and swirled her around.

"Just went to talk with Azazel. Is everything packed? Are we ready to leave?"

"Before that, there are a few more instructions Lord Gremory sent us to follow," Reni said, giving him a letter. Naruto told her to read it.

'Greetings,

Overseers of Kuoh.

I write this to inform you of the further rules you should follow in addition to the ones you normally do when you are with your schoolmates.

You shouldn't interfere in the matters of Yokai or any supernatural being in Kyoto at any cost.

If you find anything that is against the pact that was made between Devils and Youkai, you can report it to Leviathan-sama directly. Don't act on it. The Pact is added at the end of this letter.

Don't deviate from the group. Your responsibility to protect the students, who are residents of Kuoh, is always there.

If things go south, teleport all of them to Kuoh immediately. There should not be any incident at any cost.

Naruto, please keep them safe. This is a request from me and Serafall as well.

Warm regards,

Zeoticus Gremory.'

"That's not hard," Naruto said reading the letter.

"Really? You think that's not hard? You forgot about Yasaka already?" Kurama piped.

"I mean, they are not for me. For those who follow their orders." He said with a shrug.

"Maybe, but you know what happens if she sees you, right?"

"She will jump on me I think? That's how we met last time."

"Yep. And then what happens?"

"That should be seen. I think I can leave a clone with others while I talk to her."

"Naruto, you know what Jiraiya said about women. And yet you want to try it?" Kurama asked incredulously.

"Did you forget who Yasaka is? She is the leader of a faction."

"Why are you making a fuss about this? Did you lose your mind? She is just a Faction leader. You do remember who we are, correct? The love she has for me is genuine, Kurama. She won't complicate things. Trust me." Naruto retorted.

"Fine. But if anything happens, you are on your own." Kurama relented Naruto nodded.

"Naruto-kun, we should leave. It's time for the train." Reni said and Naruto nodded. He gave a once-over to the group that comes with him.

Medusa, Kana and Roygun will stay while Reni, Saeko and Alice tag along. "Well girls, take care of things here in my absence," Naruto said with a wide smile.

"Should I wear my Kuoh-protection suit again?" Kana asked with a teasing smile. Because of the sexiness of the dress, Kana often wears it and runs around, claiming to 'protect' Kuoh.

"If it comes to that, why not. Since Medusa is going to be with you, it will be easier this time." Naruto said with a smile. He gave them a send-off kiss and teleported his group to his club. There they were joined by one more member. All of them moved to school to join their peers.

A small crowd formed outside the main building as all students seemed excited about the trip while Rossweisse calmed them down.

"Only Rosy-sensei?" Naruto asked.

"Yes, as other classes need to go on, the Principal only assigned Rossweisse-sensei for the trip," Sona answered, adjusting her glasses.

"Your group seems to be excited," Rias asked with a smile, Akeno standing beside her with a similar smile at the 4 women standing behind him.

"How could they not be? It's their first time going out with school." Naruto said with a smile.

"Well students, if you all are ready, get into the bus in a line," Rossweisse called and all of them started moving into the bus.

Rias and Sona followed behind everyone as they knew they would have seats left for them. Naruto boarded last, confirming that everyone is in.

They reached the train station and Rossweisse explained about the seating arrangements and to his surprise, she will be sitting beside him instead of Reni. Naruto was surprised by this and gave her a look.

"Something wrong, Uzumaki-san?" Rossweisse asked innocently.

"Nothing, Rosy-sensei."

"The principal doesn't want anything unexpected to happen during the trip. That's why these arrangements are made." She said with a semi-consoling tone.

Naruto can sense the satisfaction she is feeling and decided to play with her. "I can understand, Rosy-sensei. As we are going to Kyoto, why not find a guy there? I heard the people there are rich." He said in a conspiratorial whisper.

"Really?" Rossweisse asked in excitement, leaning in.

"Yeah. You know the rich heritage of Kyoto. So I read that the guys there own at least 2 stores in the city. Imagine having those kinds of things in such a city." Naruto added as if an otherworldly wonder.

"I'll be looking around. If possible, will you elaborate on this in our journey? We have 4 days there. So if I plan this correctly, I can get someone." She almost pleaded with stars in her eyes.

"Of course, Sensei. If you want, we will help you." Naruto said, reassuring her.

"I want this to be as low as possible. You know how your classmates already belittle me for not having a boyfriend." She said, with tears coming from her eyes.

"Now, now sensei, you don't need to get emotional. I'm sure you will find someone soon. Besides, being in a relationship is not an achievement. We all do it at our pace. Don't listen to those morons." Naruto comforted her.

Soon the train came and after all the second year's boarded, it started from the Kuoh station. They were given an entire coach and all the students settled as per the seating plan.

Their journey to Kyoto was a silent affair as everyone did their thing, Naruto and Rossweisse continued planning on how to get her a boyfriend. The white-haired 18-year-old listened to him attentively.

"So Rosy-sensei after you find someone interesting, you should be strong and as we don't have time, go to him and be upfront about it," Naruto said and Rossweisse started scribbling notes.

"What? I should be upfront!? But, but-"

"We don't have time to convince him slowly, sensei. You will get very less time and if you waste that fumbling around, you won't get a boyfriend." Naruto said truthfully. Rossweisse lowered her head in sadness.

"But why bother about that now? If need be I'll drag him to Kuoh with us." Naruto said, making the white-haired insecure girl laugh with him.

In their chat, they lost track of time and they were just outside Kyoto as they looked out of the window to see the scenery change from lushful fields to imperial-style buildings spread across the horizon.

"We are close. I can sense a large contingent some distance from us." Kurama said.

"They all are Yokai," Naruto concluded Kurama's thoughts.

"You want to neutralise the-" that's when they sensed a familiar presence among the group.

"I don't think there will be a need for it," Naruto said confidently. Sona and Rias looked at him as they also started sensing the massive presence concentrated.

Though they are not sensors, such a large concentration of magic in one area acts as a beacon and can be sensed by a newborn baby as well.

As they also entered the Yokai protected area, the magic and natural energy around them make the supernatural beings more sensible to magic and things around them, allowing them to easily sense the group.

Unknown to the group, Rossweisse started to sweat as she could sense the large concentration of magic as well and was looking around in panic.

"Don't worry Sensei, everything will be alright," Naruto assured her with a calming smile. She didn't know whether he was talking about the magical concentration and her reaction to it or her boyfriend problems.

But she felt relieved looking at his wide confident smile and gave a smile of her own.

Kyoto Station

"You think coming with this large contingent is needed, Yasaka-sama?" Hiyori, Yasaka's assistant asked the current Kyuubi.

"Yes, Hiyori-chan. Serafall is very sincere and respectful to us. We should respond with the same. You know how long this is going for. An understanding has finally been reached, don't you think we should show them our gratitude?" She asked and Hiyori nodded.

As that conversation ended, the train entered the platform and slowly made its way to the place they were standing. Yasaka had this unknown pleased feeling as soon as the train came to her senses which she can't lay her finger on.

As the train stopped, the gates opened, revealing Rossweisse standing with Rias, Reni and Sona at the entrance as if ready to face her. Yasaka stepped forward.

"Welcome to Kyoto, students of Kuoh High. We hope your stay here will be memorable." She said with a wide smile, receiving them.

The group behind her broke into 2 parts, standing guard on 2 sides, making a path for the students to walk while playing a traditional tune.

Though Rossweisse was scared at first, being called a student made the teacher's side in her flare up.

"Sorry, Madam. My name is Rossweisse and I'm a teacher who came with students as an escort." She said with a hmph and Yasaka gave her a once over.

"Sorry, Ms Rossweisse. My name is Yasaka. Cultural in-charge of the trip." Yasaka introduced herself with a made-up role she created and Rossweisse nodded with a bow.

"Please follow my men, they will take you to your hotel room. We can start the trip first thing in the morning." Yasaka said and Rossweisse nodded, ordering all the students to form a line and they all followed her along the path Yasaka's men made.

As the line ended, Yasaka's men started taking them towards the hotels they booked, leaving only Yasaka, Hiyori and-.

"This is it, Naruto."

"Hey, where did you guys leave?" A loud yell came from the train car, making the 3 standing look into the train. A figure walked out of the car, looking around as if he was lost.

As Yasaka's eyes landed on him, her body trembled in excitement. "Naruto-kun?" She asked in surprise. Naruto looked up, seeing the 3 in front of him.

The first was obviously Yasaka, even more beautiful than the day he last remembered her as in what he assumed as the priestess's clothes.

Beside her was a young adult woman with turquoise eyes, and long black hair. Her hair has bangs in the front and she keeps the back in a braided ponytail. She dressed in a long-sleeved sailor fuku, with a teal blue/orange collar and matching pleated miniskirt that ends at her stomach, completed with a red neckerchief.

The last one is a young girl with the appearance of a school student. She has golden, blonde hair tied in a ponytail and matching eyes. She also wore a traditional Miko outfit and tall geta with white tabi.

"Kaa-sama, who is this?" The young girl asked, turning to Yasaka, freezing Naruto in place, shocking Kurama and stunning Yasaka.

"WHAT THE FUCK, NARUTO? YOU BLOCKED ME FOR DOING THIS?! TO HAVE A DAUGHTER!" Kurama exclaimed in shock.

And Cut.

That's it for this chapter folks.

Here is the invite link to join the server.

Tserhx2NzH

See y'all in the next chapter.

Suggestions are welcome.

R&R.

Black Infinity1289,

Ja Ne.

2