Ch.4 Tutorial part 2
548 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Spoiler

Infodump part 2 of 2

Also TL;DR at the end.

[collapse]

 

After experimenting with his skills for half an hour, Hakuya returned to Tuye. 

"Please, have a seat," Tuye gestured to the other chair that she summoned from the beginning. 

"Thanks" Hakuya said his gratitude.  

Tuye also offered a cup of tea which hakuya refused. Tuye expressed her pity and sipped her own tea. 

 

"Would you like to continue with the explanation?" she asked. Hakuya nodded in return. 

"Very well, then. Let's continue…"

Tuye then explained about the setting of the game. Currently, Hakuya was in the Grand Castle of Dawn, a castle in the middle of the 'Town of Eldoris'. Eldoris was basically what they call a beginner town. He would be teleported to the town outside after the tutorial ends. There were two main important facilities that players would often visit at Eldoris, the 'Warp Gate Station' and 'Follower Management Service'.  

The Warp Gate Station was a facility to teleport to domain and manage quests. There were several stations spread around Eldoris. Each station was divided into two sections, the 'Quest section' and 'Gate section'. At the Gate section, there was a magical platform, the 'Warp Gate', which the player could use to teleport into a 'Domain'. 'Domains' was an alternate dimension connected to the source dimension, where the town of Eldoris was located.

Each domain had a different name. Players can teleport to them by combining teleportation spelled on the warp gate with some verses they own. Another way is to take a quest and use the warp gate. Additionally, each teleportation may be connected to a different or alternate area and timeline of the domain. 

 

At the quest section, players can take quests from NPC staff or from the quest board. They can ask for a specific type of mission or reward by asking the NPC staff. Quests from the quest board were generally requested by the other players. After they accepted the quest, the next time they use the warp gate they will be teleported to the domain specified by the quest. 

Each quest had a time limit. After players complete the quest, they will be transported back to Eldoris and receive the reward. If they failed or had not cleared it within specified time, they will be forcefully teleported back and received a penalty.

There was also a time limit when players were teleporting by using their own verse. They can set it before they teleport, and extend it only once after they teleported. It costs gold to teleport by their verse and there's a maximum limit of 5 day total.

Players can buy a domain from NPC staff, as a way to bypass the time limit. There were several other limitations for it and it was a feature reserved only for either top players or a guild. There was also the choice to join the said guild. Members of the guild can freely access the domain bought by the guild.


The other facility, the 'Follower Management Service', was a facility to manage followers. Followers are a copy of NPC from domains that were summoned to assist players and follow their needs. They were the main speciality of WOHO, the so-called harem. All followers are women, and was devised to automatically love the owner even if they are originally hateful in their domain. 

Players can use the summoning device to summon a follower. To do it, they would need to pay 1 million gold to the staff, or use the summoning gem. For the record, new players would get two summoning gems for free. 

Players then would be able to select a follower from a list randomly generated by the device. Aside from appearance, each follower had a different job, trait, and talent, so they need to consider it. Alternatively, there was an item called 'Pact Crystal' that you can get if you cleared a hidden mission on quest. Players can use Pact Crystal to summon previously met NPC on a quest instead of from the random list. 

The selected follower then would appear on the summoning device. Players then need to bound the follower on their verse slot. In other words, the number of verse players was equal to the maximum number of followers they can have. The verse player selected would affect the follower's growth. Another thing to note was warp gates could have a limit of teleporting six people at once, including the player. So even if they have more than five followers, they would only be able to bring five followers to domains.


Another purpose of the facility was to level up followers. Unlike players, followers can't obtain skill and level up on their own. Followers had a spirit graph, in the shape of a tattoo somewhere on their body. It contained their status and skills data. They would need the help of an NPC from the facility to make changes on it.

If a follower died, they could be revived using the skill of some healer class, or by asking an NPC on the follower facility. Contrarily, without a "rebirth" blessing, if a player died they would be unrevivable. It's a game over. They basically need to make a new character and would lose all their previous progress.


"....and that's the gist of it."

Tuye finished her explanation, and sipped her tea again. Hakuya stared at her, trying to process the information he just got.

"Is there anything you want to ask?"

Hakuya shaked his head, then closed his eyes. 

"No, I think that's way too much information for now," Hakuya said.

"I'll just try it myself. There're also guides in the town, right?"

"Of course, you can ask the staff working at the station or facility," Tuye responded.


Hakuya nodded, then stood up from his chair.

"Thanks for the help," Hakuya said.

"I'll get going to the town then"

"Wait," Tuye called.

As Hakuya was about to leave, Tuye called out to him.

"This will help you to begin your journey"

As Tuye said that, a notification appeared in front of Hakuya.

•Received 10,000 Golds
•Received 2 exclusive grade Summoning Gems
•Received 5 medium grade mana crystal
•Received 5 medium grade potion
 
Items automatically stored at storage equipment 
Received "Fledging Rebirth" blessing

Hakuya read the notification, and said his gratitude once again. Tuye took another sip of her tea, emptying the cup.


"Please, have good luck and have fun," Tuye smiled.

Hakuya saw a magic circle glowing below him, he reflexively raised his arm to cover his eyes. The magic circle spinned and shined, teleporting Hakuya from the hall.

"And may the sea blesses you"

--------

Soon enough the scene in front of Hakuya changed from Tuye in a white hall to a plaza bustling with people. In front of him, there was a fountain with some people sitting around its rim. Behind Hakuya was an obelisk about 3 meters tall.

"Oh, so this is the Eldoris…." Hakuya muttered.

Eldoris was a medieval-like town with some touch of modernity. The buildings had romanesque designs but Hakuya could see that they were made with modern quality materials. It created a kind of classical and movie-esque atmosphere.

 

Hakuya then opened his menu, was about to take a screenshot but then he saw he only had one hour before dinner with his mom. He immediately panicked and logged out from the game.

 

Spoiler

Infodump TL;DR:

-Currently in town of Eldoris, the beginner town

-There's two important facilities: Warp Gate Station and Follower Management Facility.

-You can teleport to domain (alternate dimension) by using warp gate

-You can take quest from NPC or quest board at warp station.

-You can summon a follower at the Follower Management Service facility.

-You can either pay 1 mil or use summoning gem to summon (new player get 2 gems from free)

-Select one from a random list or use Pact crystal to summon a NPC you met before

-Follower need to be bonded to verse slot

-Number of verse equal to maximum number of follower

-Followers need to go to follower facility to allocate their skills and level up.

-Follower that died can be revived but the players were not

[collapse]

Anyway, just realized that ch 3 paragraph spacing was absolute whack. I shouldn't believe on SH's text editor, I guess. Will fix it alongside posting ch 5. Ch 5 will have some naugthy bit, for those who have been waiting for it.

5