Chapter 9: New born calf
64 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aynilia's eyes finally flittered open and she heard rustling footsteps. She slowly sat up trying to shake her mind from its groggy state focusing her eyes to the light in the room. She was surprised to find seven attendants rushing about the room. Each girl was carrying various objects from fabrics and ornate jewelry to basins of water and candles. Aynilia turned to sit on the edge of her bed one hand clutching the side of her throbbing head.
"Lady!" she heard Ruwa exclaim happily. She saw the girl skip to her, her pink dress flowing gracefully around her. Aynilia found herself envious of the girl and her grace. She herself was never known for her elegance only for her power and mysterious looks. She focused her metallic eyes on the girl. "What is going on?" she questioned as the girl came to a halt before her. "There is a last meal ceremony for the mate potentials tonight. All the Ladies are expected to dress formally and must attend" Ruwa explained holding up one finger. Aynilia must have looked uncomfortable because Ennoa hurried over to fill in the blanks.
"We will still be your attendants for bathing and main dressing. However, the Matron Monarch has also sent artists for your hair and your face" she said in a matter of fact tone glancing at the young excited girl beside her. "What is wrong with my face?" Aynilia asked with a hint of agitation in her words. The girls gulped and looked at each other before responding once more. Ruwa was the first to speak happily chiming "Nothing is wrong with your face! You’re are a vision in the moonlight Lady! They are here to make you look almost as stunning as the High Priestess herself" she giggled grabbing both of Aynilia's hands and forcing her to stand.
Ruwa lead her to a bath that had been placed behind a crimson and azure divider. The steam rising from the tube told her that they were only just filling it with hot water when she was awoken. Aynilia felt dizzy all of the sudden and grabbed the side of the tub for support. Ruwa and Ennoa rushed to her sides and steadied her.
"Lady we shall help you undress and bathe now. Will you allow us to do so?" Ennoa asked sheepishly remembering their first failed attempt at helping the lady undress. She shivered thinking of the amount of strength the girl had. Aynilia only nodded accepting the fact that she had no choice as she was still trying to recover.
"Alright the Lady is going to be bathing now. Please excuse yourselves if you are not needed further" Ruwa announced holding both arms out like her dainty frame was actually going to block the view from onlookers. Aynilia smirked and shook her head as Ennoa helped her out of the bloodstained clothes from the day before. Aynilia pulled her hair all to one side so that it wouldn't accidentally get tugged by the young girl. When Ruwa successfully shooed the excess away she turned and what she saw shocked her and made her shiver in fear. The glittering prestige markings were being unveiled almost in slow motion. She counted each mark starting at the base of her neck. Her eyes went wide and her mouth dropped when she realized this girl was a twelve prestige. She silently tried getting Ennoa's attention without startling the Lady. Ennoa was too busy helping Aynilia into the tub to be phased by the erratic girl. "Ruwa stop being dramatic and help me get her in the tub" Ennoa snapped at the girl, bringing her craze to a halt.
Ruwa rushed to aide her senior with the task. "Look at her back" Ruwa hissed in Ennoa's ear when she got close. Ennoa eyed the girl suspiciously before giving into the strange request. Ennoa caught a glimpse before their lady descended into the water and she nearly lost her grip on her Lady's arm.
"What in the world are you two doing?!" Aynilia yelled in shock as she nearly slipped into the bath due to the slack hands helping her in.
"My Lady I give a thousand apologies. We were surprised by a..." Ennoa started to lie trying to find something quick. "A bug on my hand" Ruwa said. "Ennoa is scared of most bugs and nearly dropped you. It was my fault Lady. I beg forgiveness" She said apologetically.
"A bug? Okay then" Aynilia said unfazed by the blatant lie. She knew something had shocked the girls and they were ashamed to admit it, or were they afraid to. Aynilia settled in the water and allowed the two girls to wash her long hair and help her cleanse her body. Both girls become extremely shy when her breasts needed washing and turned their backs to allow their Lady to tend that area herself. Aynilia chuckled at their reaction.
Once her bath was finished her muscles seemed to regain their strength. She lifted herself up and out of the tub, the girls quick to dry her off. They grabbed some plain under garments that Aynilia could tell would barely cover anything. The top piece did not tie in the back which was uncomfortable for her. Ennoa disappeared for a brief moment and when she reappeared, she carried the most ornate gown.
"What is that?" Aynilia questioned the girls who looked at each other with utter disbelief. "This is a gown my Lady" Ennoa said eyeing her mistress.
"How do you wear it?" She asked another strange question, however Ruwa was quick to open her mouth this time. "Have you never worn a gown?" her face held amusement for the dilemma that Aynilia was in. She shook her head furiously and stared bewildered by the decorated fabric. Ennoa held the gown up for her Lady to see in full. Aynilia was strangely fascinated by the pale silver fabric decorated in cyan flowers. The gold metal embellishments were adorned with deep red jewels. She reached out and gently touched the fabric and admired how soft it was.
"Let us help you into the dress Lady" Ennoa stated without any room for objection. Ruwa wasted no time instructing the Lady on how to get into the dress while Ennoa carefully slipped the fabric over her pale moonlit skin. Ennoa made quick work of the fastenings that held the dress in place. Aynilia was visibly uncomfortable in such a revealing garment. She thought it was beautiful but not suitable for her.
"Must it be this revealing" Aynilia stated turning side to side seeing how much of her skin was showing. When she noticed how low cut it was, she turned to examine the back of the gown in the mirror and noticed markings on her back. "What are these?" she wondered aloud and the two attendants were rendered speechless. How did she not know her own prestige?
Flabbergasted by her ignorance the girls helped with the reveal shawl over her shoulders. They ushered her out to the main room and seated her before to twin girls with black hair and dark blue eyes. They wore finely embroidered blue dresses. She followed their instructions and after what felt like forever, they told her to check her appearance for approval. Her hair was tied high and had been pulled in such a way that she appeared to have loosely wrapped rope attached to her head. The gently twisted hair was pinned to the rest of her hair with gold cylindrical clasps. She had silver and gold decorations all over her hair that made it hard for her to find where to look. When she caught the sight of her face, she was awestruck. Her lips were painted a blueish silver that made them look frozen and her eyes were dusted with gold with a thin line of red flaring off the sides of her eyes. She looked more like a doll than before and she was so consumed she almost didn't hear Ennoa tell her to sit down for her shoes. Once they were on the four girls in the room stared at the newborn calf as she teetered around unable to walk. Ruwa could not contain her laughter anymore. Aynilia shot the girl a death stare that could've cut through her had she been looking. Ennoa sighed and assisted the Lady in walking in the weird high shoes. After minutes of practice a knock was at the door, the signal to go to the grand dining hall.
Aynilia was terrified that she would become the fool here. Ennoa only whispered encouragement and lessons as they left the room and went to the dining hall.

Cranis was enveloped in his own thoughts of his embarrassing actions with the moon doll to notice the announcement of the potential mates. He barely registered the girls walk in until moonlit white hair drew his attention and his face flushed red.

1