Chapter 02. Homecoming.
101 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was given Another Chance and now I can level up ~ Chapter 02. Homecoming

<New objective, Second objective>

[Enroll in the High school]

{Rewards: 10 points.}

My following objective was what I had considered accomplishing, but first, I will work to relieve my pop, consequently, I will register in secondary school. I left my chamber, moderately glanced back, and reminisced on all the moments I spent in the hospital, the nurses, the doctor, and Hashimoto. Thankfully, I could recover and be healthy, I was on the third floor, so I used the elevator to go down. While I was leaving, everyone said goodbye to me with a smirk. When I was near the entrance-

"Kuse!"

Hashimoto walked over with a smile and held out his hand in greeting. I shook it.

"Gratefulness brother, for treating me during my visit, I assume you will excellently do your work as a doctor."

Those words came out of my heart, I would never thank him enough.

"If you need anything contact me, take care of yourself and your family."

We said goodbye, and each one continued on their path. As I was leaving the hospital, I saw my family waiting for me outside with the car, it was a fairly normal car. I hurried toward them and embraced them, I adore my family and this atmosphere surrounding us, The hug was quite warm, their smiles filled me with life, the hair of my mother and sister, the hairy beard of my father,  we remained like this for about 10 seconds, the feeling was inexplicable but also unforgettable.

We hopped into the vehicle, and I allowed my sister to go in first, my mother was the one who drove, she was good at driving. The automobile commenced to function and we were on the road that leads us home, ultimately, Kuse Shuji returned to Chiba city. My father addresses me.

"Kuse, sorry I can't provide you the money I assure you."

After ascertaining his words, I got irked and struck myself in the face, genuflected my head, and informed my father.

"Dad, I'm sorry for being an asshole, from now on, I'll start sweating for you fellows and hook up in high school, I aspire to make you pleased for having me."

Everyone was shocked inside the car, and they remained speechless up till my sister spoke.

"Brother, I don't comprehend what occurred to you, but you changed a bunch and that generates joy in me."

After listening to my sister, I felt vast satisfaction within me, I can't express it, and after that, my father commented.

"Son, you don't have to labor, I'll pay for your high school and you will go along with your sister, you don't have to bother about money."

Although I was a damn cheeky, my father cared about me and didn't require me to work, but I already decided, I desire to improve, now together alongside SYSTEM, I can accomplish anything.

"Dad, thanks for worrying about me, but I am already determined."

"If you consider me your father, listen to me just this once, please Kuse, I want to pay for your education even if it's the last obligation I do."

My papa replied with a trembling and shaky speech. I couldn't say anything to him and I agreed with my head, my father didn't prefer to see me working, I crave to wail, I don’t know why in the past I couldn't appreciate this.

My mum kept driving home even though it all happened. We came to our neighborhood, it was great and the neighbors were friendly, they always helped us when we needed them, and every month we partied together, we shared the sad and great moments. My mother parked the car near our home, it was a 2-floor house of a red color, a typical house. While we got out of the auto, we met a next-door neighbor and her son in front of our house. She was a woman with rust-colored hair and short in height, I would say she is 1.65 meters, her son is as tall as her.

When the offspring saw me, he spoke to his mother in a loud and listenable sound.

"Mama, mama, that's Kuse, the infamous tormentor!"

His mother leaned down and hugged him to protect him from me, and begged me

"Please don't hurt him, he's very young and he doesn't know what he's saying, leave him alone, and do whatever you have eyes for, to me."

I omitted that they called me the tormentor and many feared me, I approached the child, I also stooped to chat with him but his mother kept asking me to leave him alone, she even started crying.

I put my hand on his head and caressed him, and began to approach him with a smile.

"Take care of your mother, she is a good woman."

I got up and advanced home, my family was observing me and beaming, I assume they were honored. Previously, if that occurred, a dispute would have happened, but I grew, I am not the same as before. I waited for my family to proceed to open the entryway, they were chatting with the neighbor for a while, and when they arrived, the neighbor thanked me from afar. The door opened, and a nostalgic aroma hit me, how I craved this house. I walked around the home, in the entry, there was a closet where we put our slippers, around the entrance there was a toilet room for visitors, near it the kitchen, it was big enough to be a kitchen, it had the accessories my mom and dad used to cook, and in front of the kitchen was a living room with a TV and a long and comfortable sofa, my whole family sat there every Friday to watch movies. That was the ground floor, I went upstairs, there was also a toilet room and bedrooms for each one.

I told my parents I will be in my chamber to rest and went upstairs. I laid down on the bed and started looking at a poster I had, it was about a band I like, I admire rock and I attended many concerts. Well, let's leave, in my subconscious, I called SYSTEM.

"SYSTEM, are you still there?"

A few minutes passed and there was no answer, I was afraid because I thought everything was just mere illusions produced by my mind. I had a knife under my bed, I always put it there in case something arises or someone comes in to steal, I took it and slashed my palm, it bled, if I remember correctly, I had the skill elf constitution, it could heal all my injuries. I heard a tone inside my head.

"Do you want to use the passive ability Elf Constitution?"

"Damn SYSTEM, you frightened me, of course, I did, by the way, I need to ask you something."

"Elf Constitution in progress, 3, 2, 1-"

The wound was healing quickly and the blood was pouring back into my body.

"Thank you SYSTEM, but I wanted to ask you if there is any way to make money."

"Affirmative. You can convert 1 Point into 100,000 Yen."

"100,000 Yen?"

I shouted, and I scared those who were home, my mother called me

"Kuse, are you okay?"

I had gotten out of control, but for 1 point, it can give me 100.000 Yen, I knew SYSTEM was better than the lottery. I replied to my mother.

"Yeah yeah, sorry, I was sleeping"

I put on a white shirt, and blue jeans, we were in July, and it was extremely hot, it is summer after all.

I went downstairs and went to the kitchen. I did not notice the presence of Kimi, my sister. So I asked my mother where she had gone.

"Mom, where is Kimi?"

"Do you promise to leave this between us?"

My mother's answer was very strange, so I answered with a yes.

"Your sister works at a maid cafe but your father doesn't know, so please support her decision."

If my father finds out the hush-hush, he will be furious so that I will leave the secret between us.

"Alright, mom, don’t worry, do you know where the maid cafe she works for is?"

"Yes, it is in Chiyoda, if I remember correctly it is called Neko Café."

"Okay, thanks. I'll go and observe how she's doing."

"Please encourage her, my son."

I kissed my mother on the cheek to say goodbye to her and departed from the house. I met some neighbors, although they get along well with my family, it does not imply that I have the best relationship with them. I nodded to them and continued on my way, I heard them whisper.

"He's the tormentor, I heard he was in the hospital because they stabbed him, it seems he escaped from death, the damned never dies."

I got provoked, but I ignored them and continued on my way, I hanker to see my little sister Kimi in a Miaww kitten dress.

I took a taxi and asked him to take me to Chiyoda, it seemed the driver knew me, he put on the radio.

"A prisoner named Gouya escaped from the prison, if you see him contact the armed forces or any officer you know, I repeat, if you see him, contact us, this criminal is dangerous and he slaughtered dozens of souls."

Gouya, I will never forget that name, I was doing errands for him before they stabbed me, I was his dog and I operated for him, we committed small degree crimes to earn money together, I was a bastard before, but now I changed, it is not like that SYSTEM?

"Sure, Kuse Shuji, remember you have 5 unused points."

"Yes, I know-

The driver spoke to me.

"Gouya doesn't forgive traitors, nor those who leave him. Am I right, Kuse?"

That intonation, his face, I was already wondering why he sounded so familiar to me, he is Fujita, he was in Gouya's band.

"Are you Fujita? What are you doing working as a taxi driver?"

"What a great coincidence brother, you know, everything we earn we give it to Gouya, I had to earn cash. Gouya wants to talk to you."

Fujita stopped the taxi and took out his cell phone to call someone, I suppose it was Gouya. I no longer want to work for that bastard, I just aspire to live a peaceful life with my family and go to high school.

"Kuse, here."

He gave me his phone, I grabbed it and put it to my ear. A dark voice began to get into my ears, it was Gouya.

"Kuse? How long time, you left the hospital and haven't said anything to me? Those are your thanks for leaving your little sister safe? She's too good-looking to be your sister, so I go to the cafe every day to see her."

He began to laugh, those words were to provoke me, but I will not fall into his trap, but he mentioned the coffee, so he was stalking her.

"Damn, if you mention her again, I'll come to you and bust you."

"And those manners, well, I'll let you talk to someone."

I detected a girl's murmur-

"Kuse, please help-"

It was the voice of my sister, that bastard, if I catch him I'll kill him.

"Did you hear? Your little sister is calling you, what will you do Kuse? Will you come back to work with me or will you come to blow me up?"

"I swear to you, I'll go over there and kill you."

 

<New Sub-Objective>

[Save your sister]

{Rewards: Secret ability and item.}

 

End of the chapter.

3