Chapter 04. What will happen?
310 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was given Another Chance and now I can level up ~ Chapter 04. What will happen?

At that moment my face turned serious.

"Do you know anything about SYSTEM?"

Yoshimura shook his head and affirmed the assumption.

"So I'm not the only one."

In my mind, I thought.

'SYSTEM, why didn't you tell me that?'

'You have never asked me nor was it my obligation to tell you.'

I felt very powerless, I thought I was the only special being in the world, but it is not like that.

"What do you know about SYSTEM, Mr. Yoshimura?"

Yoshimura got up and started walking around the room in circles, then he started explaining to me.

"I will give you an offer, I have a building, you can call it an academy in which we teach how to control that power, there we share information, you are not the only one with that power."

Let me organize my thoughts. According to Yoshimura, my sister is safe now. I am not the only special human in the world, and there are many people like me. I don't know what I should do.

"I see that you are hesitating, let me show you what you can do with the education of my academy."

Yoshimura stood up and stayed firmly in one place. He stopped breathing and squeezed his hands, and he started screaming.

"Aghhhh."

A red energy started to come out of him. It resembled a smiling demon. I could not move or breathe and I felt my body quite heavy.

"Oh, I’m sorry."

All that pressure was gone in a second.

"What was that?"

"I will give you time to think about the offer. In 1 month I will send a partner of mine, and you will decide if you want to enter the academy or not."

I stayed watching how Yoshimura left the room.

'SYSTEM, what should I do?'

'That's your decision.'

'Who am I? Why did the Deity give me another chance? '

'You'll know soon.'

I had many questions but few answers. Should I accept the offer or not? I am only interested in protecting my family and staying with them. I just want to live a happy and peaceful life until the day I die.

The door opened, my sister and my mother entered.

"Kuse!"

My sister ran and jumped on me.

"Aghhh!"

"I'm sorry little brother, are you hurt?"

"No, haha, you just got a little heavy."

"Baka."

We started laughing and had a good time together. I was discharged that day and left the hospital.

We returned home and I entered my room to relax and think.

My sister entered the room.

"Brother, who are you? You weren't the same that day."

"What are you talking about?"

"When you saved me from that kidnapper, you seemed very different. You seemed dead inside, your eyes were full of hopelessness and the color of your hair changed."

"You must have been imagining, haha."

I smiled a little in front of her face, I don't know what happened that day, I only remember that I tried to save her.

My sister left my room with a tear and muttered.

"Silly brother..."

I stayed on the mattress.

'SYSTEM, can you show me my stats?’

Level: 20

HEALTH: 18

STRENGTH: 10

AGILITY: 35

INTELLIGENCE: 15

'Wait, how? Are you sure? I wasn't this level before.'

'Right, I'll let it explain the rest to you.'

'Kuse! Did you miss me? '

A familiar voice, I don't remember who it was but I'm sure I know him.

'Your voice sounds familiar to me, but I don't know who you are.'

'Those are your thanks for saving your sister? Well, I'll remind you. '

I began to remember all the moments that I had forgotten. How I killed those who worked for Gouya. How I faced Gouya and saved my sister.

'Now do you remember the pact we made, my Kuse?'

'Yes I remember, but who are you?' 

'Well my Kuse, I'll explain it to you. I am Kronno, one of the Deities.'

'Deities?'

What was he referring to? I have many questions.

'Shut up and don't interrupt when I'm talking. We Deities have gotten bored, and we wanted a little fun. So we decided to give humans that are at the point of death superpowers to see how they would react. And now, each of us is choosing a God-Hood. '

Yoshimura spoke about the God-Hood earlier, who would they be?

'Who are the God-Hoods?'

'They didn't teach you to shut up and listen? God-Hoods are our representatives, each Deity will have one to represent them.'

'Are you telling me that I am just a toy for you? You are making me angry. '

‘What do you mean? Don't get cocky. You have died, but thanks to us you are still alive, and we will help you complete your goals before you die. You are living in paradise before going to hell, haha. If you do not like the idea, I can kill you right now and find another representative.’

You're right, without them, I would have died.

'Sorry. Thank you for giving me another chance in this life.'

'That is how it should be.'

'I want to ask you. Should I join Yoshimura's academy? '

'Who is that? Let me see. Ah! The representative of Tartarus. Do what you want, just be careful. Tartarus is very dangerous, and I will not let anyone hurt you, my Kuse. '

'Thank you Kronno for choosing me and trusting me. "

'We will see each other soon, until then, be careful. By the way, I advise you to get people with powers like you to serve me. I entrust you with that little job. '

'Wait, what?'

A few seconds passed, but there was no response, it seemed that he had already left. I don't know what to do, it's a lot of information.

It turns out that I am not the only one with superpowers. I am a God-Hood, the representative of a Deity named Kronno. I have to get faithful helpers to accompany me on my journey with Kronno. This sounds like a manga or a novel.

I fell asleep, today I found out many things, I will have to make a decision soon.

The sound of the alarm ringing, opening my eyes in my room and seeing the ceiling. How long has it been since I felt this?

"Kuse, wake up."

My mother said from the kitchen to wake me up.

I got up. Since Christmas time was near, I changed my clothes to casual clothes and a redshirt. I went downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Good morning, what's for breakfast?"

"Good morning, Kuse"

My mother said. My father nodded to me. But my sister said nothing and ignored me.

"Today we will have egg with bacon."

My father began to speak.

"You are going to school with your sister today, I already spoke with the principal about admitting you. You must behave well."

"Thank you, Dad! Sister, from today we will be classmates."

My sister got up and left the kitchen. I ate my breakfast quickly and got ready to go out. I have to change again and put on my school uniform.

It took me a few minutes to change and get ready, I found my sister near the door waiting for me to leave.

"Bye, mom and dad, see you in the afternoon."

I went out with my sister and we were walking towards the school, with my powers I would arrive in minutes, but I must be careful, I should not show my powers.

"Sister, I'm sorry about yesterday. I'll tell you about everything soon."

She didn't answer me. We continued walking towards the school and finally, we arrived.

It was quite large, there were many students of all kinds entering, and the school council greeted each student. The school was surrounded by many sakura trees (cherry blossom trees), it had about 4 floors. We walked towards the entrance.

"Kimi!"

A girl approached my sister and greeted me. She whispered in her ear and they left. She left me here alone.

I went to the entrance, but some guys surrounded me. They look like school delinquents, how unlucky I am. They grabbed me by the hand and led me into an alley.

"Give us the money you have if you don't want us to hit you."

They started to laugh.

"Yes yes, it will be better for you."

Why does this happen to me?

"I'll give you 3 seconds to get out, if not, I'll be the one to blow you up."

There were 4 in total, one approached me, and sent his fist directly to my face. I could see it easily, it was very slow, compared to Gouya, they are just little fish in the sea. I lifted my leg, and I kicked him in the face and sent him flying to the ground.

The rest got angry and charged towards me.

"I'm sorry, but you are very weak."

I have to control my strength to not attract attention. I jumped above them, grabbed two by their hairs, and pulled them. I punched the other one in the nose and he started to bleed. When they saw that they had no chance to beat me, they started to run.

"I'll leave you alone."

I sighed and left them. I didn't want any problems on my first day and I went to school.

The council stopped me near the entrance.

"Your face is unfamiliar. You should be Kuse Shuji."

"That 's me."

I smiled at them and tried to wave at them. But they didn't greet me back.

"I see why they consider you a delinquent. Not only did you come late, but you hit some students from the school. That attitude cannot be tolerated here."

"What students are you talking about?"

"Come with us, we'll talk to the director."

End of the chapter.

3