3. Verdwijnen III
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I immediately shouted for Frans who was in the bathroom. I told him everything I saw. Hartanti, a client who had just visited, was now kidnapped. In the morning, there is trouble. Frans' life is really full of surprises. After being held captive by a herd of criminals. Now he has to deal with the kidnapper again. My heart is beating fast, I can't wait for what kind of adventure this time. Even though I'm actually a bit worried sometimes, hesitant to do this kind of work—but it can't be helped, it's already a risk being Frans' partner.

Moments later he opened the bathroom door and ran straight down the stairs. My eyes almost popped out, what did I see? Frans only wears shorts. He was already wearing a shirt, though the towel was still around his neck. Stupid him, wearing tight shorts in front of a woman. I held back a laugh even though I ended up smiling shyly.

“Hurry up! We go after the kidnapper, get the car ready! Did you see the license plate or not?"

I'm sure my face is bright red. "You want to chase after them without wearing pants? Too bad I didn't see the license plate."

He looked at his lower body and then glared. "Whoa! My trousers are gone!" Frans made me smile even more seeing his stupid face.

"You bastard! You haven't put on your pants yet."

"Y-yes, get the car ready! I'll get my trousers first." Frans went back up the stairs. His barefoot steps thudded as he ran up the stairs.

I prepared the car as ordered by Frans. Despite this kind of woman, I'm good at driving. I took the car out of the garage. Frans appeared running. He got into the car, and I immediately stepped on the gas towards the crossroads following the direction the jeep had left. When we arrived at the intersection, we didn't know where to go, Frans opened a small piece of paper from his trouser pocket.

"Turn left!" Frans said.

I swerved to follow his words. I don't know what he read, maybe the address given by Hartanti. The streets are full of passing vehicles. During working hours, this big city is sickening. The roads seem to have no gaps.

"Where are we going? The jeep was nowhere to be seen in front."

Frans remained focused, “Just follow my lead. Then you'll find out for yourself."

There's nothing I can do but obey. Instead of arguing, I better believe him. Hopefully, you can find a clue, given Frans' reasoning and his more often accurate arguments. I feel like my life is ridiculous since I met Frans. In addition to volunteering, he often refuses rewards. He also sometimes forgets to give me a salary. Whenever he forgets, I will stay at his house until he remembers that I haven't received a commission from my sacrifice. Most of the time he realized that it was Frida who reminded him.

Being a private detective sucks. Clients come only as an escape or alternative if the police cannot investigate the case they are experiencing. I have another job too. Maybe his income is more profitable than handling a case that has to rack his brain, even have to risk his life. I run an online business and open a boutique at my house. Luckily, although it is not always crowded, it can increase income.

The most annoying thing when handling cases is when I have to cooperate with the police. I have never liked the police since I was a child. Care for the devil! Many police people are arbitrary and stubborn. I had a bitter experience because there were police officers who harassed me. That bastard cop lowered my self-esteem. Although not all cops are like that, most are.

In addition to the harassment that I experienced, I also had other stupid incidents. I was passing on the highway in a car when suddenly a policeman told me to stop. I don't know if it's a fake cop or not—it's an Indonesian policeman, he gave me a ticket asking for some money without being able to explain what I did wrong, what I had violated. I asked him to explain, and I also asked for a letter of assignment and a ticket. He said no, then just let me pass. I cursed him to my heart's content! Just imagine how stupid he is.

I was driving while remembering the unfortunate incident that I experienced because I was dealing with an asshole. The harassment case I experienced has been resolved. Now the perpetrator is removed from his position and locked in a cell.

"Frans, I hope we can solve this case without the intervention of the police. Let the police catch the culprit in the end, without getting involved in the investigation.”

"Hopefully we can both finish."

Frans' answer sounded flat, maybe he sympathized with the case I had because of the police. Let's hope the past doesn't interfere with the investigation this time.

Frans pointed to the left, he told me to turn towards the alley in front. The road is small, only enough for one car and one motorbike. It's like being a personal driver, you have a good life, Frans, I thought.

The car came to the end of the narrower road, no longer able to squeeze through. We found something surprising. Beside the hut, there is a parked jeep. The yard is still dirt, you can see the tire marks that have crossed. We got out of the car and headed for the house. I'm sure it was the jeep that brought Hartanti earlier.

"How did you know they were here?" I asked in amazement.

While walking, Frans took out the small paper earlier. "This is the detailed address of Bu Hartanti's house, she gave it to me earlier."

"Then who are they?" I asked in surprise.

"We'll find out now."

We walked slowly and crouched slightly. Pressed against the concrete wall that was quite old and smeared, the sun was starting to get very high and there were many alleys around the hut. It's rare for a hut in this day and age, this is the first time I've seen that hut. Dark, quiet, as if the contents of the house were not inhabited. Now began to hear the sound of cocks crowing and some birds singing.

Frans walked about half a meter in front of me until we arrived at the courtyard of the house which was not too wide. The ground is overgrown with weeds. The shack was whitewashed and was starting to fade—perhaps not the expensive wood or wall paint used, but the whitewash—the chalk walls, the roof tiles looked to have some drooping.

Suddenly from inside the house, there was a scream like someone in pain. The voice was so loud, like the howl of a wolf. It was a scream full of pain, at first it sounded very loud for a few seconds, but slowly softened and became moans that made me shudder even more when I heard it. Frans was immediately surprised.

"What's that sound, Frans?"

He shook his head. "Humans, maybe Hartanti's husband. We'll check right now." He was ready to run towards the house because it was only a few meters away. What happened in that house? I really can't guess, I hope nothing bad happens. []

0