4. Letter from Mr. B
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was raining on the roofs of houses in November, the air was icy cold, and the sky was completely grey covered with clouds. This case is the beginning of all the disasters we deal with. I didn't think it was all related. Eno's disappearance and his mother, kidnapping had been orchestrated by someone. At that time, Frans and I arrived at Hartanti's house. Misfortune befell her husband. Hartanti's husband was killed by a mysterious gang. The three people fled with Hartanti after slitting the throat of her husband who was still lying sick.

Hartanti's husband died in his bed. Blood splattered on the floor and the couch. Frans and I ran after the gang. Unfortunately, they disappeared without a trace. The police and hearse arrived twenty minutes later. We are witnesses to the tragedy.

It's been two months since this case has not found a bright spot. As usual, Frans was daydreaming in his favorite place. He seemed lost in deep thought. I knew he was thinking about this great mystery. A week passed, suddenly, two guests knocked on Frans' study. At that time, I took Frans's dirty clothes to take him to the laundry with Frida's.

The two guests were men. One was thin and tall with a face full of acne scars. The other is short and fat, and they didn't know each other. Their business, of course, is also different. However, I noticed Frans' eyes. He was very sharp and didn't take his eyes off the two men who had just arrived. I knew he must be watching something. That sharps gaze indicated he was deep in thought.

"Alright, please explain first the problem you are facing." Frans pointed to the fat man.

The fat man that Frans pointed at glanced at the skinny man. Frank just smiled.

"If you're bothered, I'll tell the thin you to wait outside," Frans said, pointing at the slender man.

"Actually this is my privacy, but I don't think it's a problem if he stays here," said the fat man.

"No. I don't mind waiting outside,” the thin man chimed in.

"Wait. I want to hear stories from the two of you in turn. Looks like I'll find something interesting," Frans finally made a decision. I think this is the stupidest decision Frans has ever made. He doesn't seem to care about his client's privacy. Surprisingly, the two guests also nodded in agreement. Finally, the fat man opened his mouth.

"Look, the purpose of my coming here is to ask for your help in investigating the case that happened to my sister. My name is Agung, I live in Jakarta with my sister, Lisa. Our parents died three years ago. Four weeks ago Lisa was murdered, my sister's neck was slashed with a kitchen knife. This story may be confusing, I hope you don't mind listening."

"Does not matter. But again I will ask, can our other guest still listen to the continuation of your story?” Frans asked with his legs crossed as if he just wanted to make sure.

"Sure, I don't mind." Said the fat man.

"Alright, please continue."

“Lisa—my little sister was found dead in the morning at her boyfriend's house. His body lay on the kitchen floor. According to the autopsy, she was raped and then killed. Because the vital tool was damaged and sperm fluid was found. The police believe that the one who killed my sister was her lover, Reyhan. As far as I know, Reyhan was traumatized by an accident. He couldn't feel any taste in the food. According to Lisa, Reyhan was frustrated with his fate. A surprising thing was also found at the scene of the murder. On the floor there is a piece of tongue that allegedly belongs to Reyhan. This case is still being handled by the police. But there's something else I want to tell you."

"This is related to the terror that I experienced. Lisa's death still makes me sad and grieving. But other things actually make me more disturbed and always restless. Seven days after Lisa's funeral, I received a very strange letter. The letter came Monday, November 19. There is no return address and the contents are very mysterious. This is the letter. Only the sender's name is written. The name is written Mr. B. It read 'The night was dark and silent. Only drums can decorate it. Then come to me to meet Lisa, she is with me.'

Suddenly the thin and tall man was flabbergasted with a pale face. He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out something.

"What is it, sir?" Frans was also surprised to see the behavior of the other client.

The skinny man took out an envelope. “The letter is the same as the one I got. The contents are also exactly the same, except that Lisa's name is written with the name of my friend."

"Is that true? Brother Agung, how about we listen to our friend's story first."

"Okay, I agree." Agung nodded.

"Thank you. Immediately, my name is Irfan, I am a student from a school in the Purworejo area. I joined the silat1A sport (game) based on the toughness of attacking and defending oneself, whether using weapons or not. The original martial art from Indonesia. club with some friends. This problem actually happened to my friend named Teguh. His father was killed because he could not pay off his debt. Then Teguh took revenge on the merchant who took his father's life. Teguh finished off the men and rich merchants. The merchant was named Rano. After carrying out his revenge act, he got into a fight with me and the members of our silat club. Our club is called the White Crow (Gagak Putih), we are furious because Teguh has tarnished the martial world, he killed using his martial arts."

“This incident happened eight weeks ago, before the murder of Lisa, Mr. Agung's sister. After Teguh took revenge, he fled out of town. However, Teguh was arrested by the police a week ago, he was sentenced to death. On the third day in prison. We were surprised because the police informed his sister that Teguh had disappeared from the detention cell. That night, Teguh's older sister, Ajeng, received a strange letter. That night, Ajeng immediately called me. So three days later I went to meet Mr. Frans for Jakarta. Since you are so famous in the news, we hope you can help us. The letter is exactly the same as the one received by Mr. Agung. The contents are the same, even though Teguh's name is written on it. The sender also said Mr. B, I was really surprised earlier. This is the letter Ajeng got—she really hopes to see her sister again.” Irfan handed the letter.

Frans opened the letter and read it seriously. I was just silent and peeked a little inside, the handwriting on the letter was really neat. "It's very heavy," said Frans. “This case really intrigued me, although I still have a few clues. After hearing the story of the two of you, I think it has something to do with the case I'm working on."

"Is that true? I hope you can help handle the case that happened to us,” said Irfan while looking at Agung.

"It's not easy. Mr. B the sender of this letter must be a very intelligent person. Because he easily arranges organized crime to involve teenagers in the village. I think all of that…”

Frans' voice stopped because there was a knock on the door of his room. Who else is coming? []

0