5. Doppelganger
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What hurts the most in life? Lost property or lover? The most painful thing is when we lose the trust of others and lose our self-esteem. Frans was very anti-all of that, he tried his best to maintain his pride. For Frans, self-respect is above all else. All clients who come to see Frans are treated very fairly, although sometimes he likes to be frivolous and likes to be playful.

He often ignores confidentiality in front of other clients. Frans casually let his clients hear each other's problems. Although in the end, they found clues from their story. However, it still violates people's privacy, right? I really can't stop thinking about Fran's behavior.

The exact clock shows 9:00 am. Two guests turned towards the door, I walked towards the door to open it.

Seen a middle-aged man wearing a gray jacket and carrying a pile of newspapers. Maybe when he was downstairs he was led upstairs by Frida. The newsboy handed Frans the newspaper he subscribed to, on top of which was a red envelope. After giving his all, he then said goodbye.

I walked in and closed the door and walked over to the couch. Just a few steps, someone knocked on the door again. Today was really busy, how many times had someone knocked on the door, maybe three times. I threw the newspaper on Frans's desk, and the red envelope I put in my shirt pocket. Was there something the newsboy had forgotten? I opened the door again, Frans just looked at me back and forth like a rabbit.

When the door opened, a beautiful woman standing at the door. She wore such beautiful clothes, her jewelry was so stunning. Earrings, bracelets, necklaces, watches, all look expensive. She smiled shyly at me while bowing slightly. I invited him to come in and join our other guests.

"Good morning brethren, sorry to interrupt your time."

The woman smiled kindly when she greeted us. Frans invited the woman to sit beside me. Our two male guests stared questioningly at the woman who had just arrived. His face immediately turned serious, the sweet smile he had presented earlier had disappeared. Frans took the newspaper that I threw earlier, then read the headlines written on it. He paused for a moment, and then placed his newspaper on his lap.

"All right, madam. Is there anything I can help you?” Frans looked at the woman inquiringly. Frans stood leaning on the edge of the table holding the newspaper.

“Introducing, my name is Yulia. I'm here to ask Mr. Frans to help me find out the truth that I don't understand myself."

Frans took a deep breath, and then looked at the two male guests who had been silent for a while, observing the situation. Then Frans asked if they would be willing to give time to the woman who had just arrived. The two men nodded in agreement.

But the woman named Yulia also didn't mind telling stories in front of other guests. "Just leave them here, sir. I don't think my story is very secretive and I don't mind sharing it."

Like before, Frans seems to have a strategy to dig up information, or does he already know all the cases that will happen? I don't know sacrificing other people's privacy; I think he's really rude. The woman smiled back and said thank you.

Frans returned to focus on the woman named Yulia. What problem she will tell us, I can't guess. We stared intently and prepared to listen as best we could.

“Actually this is not a crime like theft, murder or harassment. The events that I experienced are very difficult to understand. However I have never experienced anything strange like this before. If you've heard of doppelganger, then I don't need to tell you at length. Doppelganger is a strange state that afflicts a person like hallucinations. It was as if I saw my own reflection. The shade is very similar to the real one. Even though it's just a shadow, it looks very real and clear. The last two months—every time I sleep at night, the disturbance has haunted me. At first it was just an indistinct whispering sound, every morning before dawn. I always can't sleep anymore, the longer the whispering makes me paranoia. The voice called my name, but in a slow, wind-blown tone, faintly, and then disappeared. It was enough to make me shudder.”

“I always try to get rid of all these worries, and try to fall asleep again. However, until the sun shone, I stayed awake in a terrible fright. I live in a housing estate near a textile factory, not far from my house; there is a park across the street. My room is on the third floor, with windows overlooking the garden. My cot is located next to the entrance, directly opposite a wardrobe that is quite large. For a month I tried to think positively, maybe my body was too tired or the effect of the drugs I was taking. In that house, I live with my father, mother, and sister named Risa. Every time I enter at 01.00 in the morning, I must wake up, and the disturbance always appears. The nights that I have spent these two months have been very frustrating for me. My sister, Risa, couldn't have bothered me so late, her room was also downstairs, close to Mr. Tono's—our driver's room. My bedroom light is always dark when I sleep.”

"Until that dreadful night arrives. Exactly five days ago, the whisper spoke other words. Besides, calling my name, that whisper saying the sentence 'you're going to die', I was immediately shocked. At that time I immediately looked at all corners of the room. And found a very terrible thing, the cupboard opposite my bed, suddenly the door opened by it. No wind or rope pulling. With the help of light from street lamps and garden lamps, which penetrated through the vents and window panes, I found a black shadow in the cupboard. Then the shadow came out very fast and strangled my neck very hard. To my surprise, my heart pounded as if it would jump through my throat. The shadow was truly terrifying, her face—it was so much like mine. I can't be wrong. I struggled so hard that I fell off the bed. Finally the shadow just disappeared. My breath was very ragged, panting like choking on a jackfruit seed.”

“Then, for the doppelganger issue I said before. According to the history I've read from articles on the internet. That one who sees her own reflection will die. This event had happened and was experienced by Queen Elizabeth I in England, until finally she died not long after that. A doppelganger is an image of us, whether it's a silhouette, an optical illusion, or a hallucination caused by an antidepressant. What is clear, a shadow very similar to mine has come to me. The figure seemed to incarnate like an angel of death who was waiting and ready to take my life. Those scary voices always haunt my mind.”

"Okay, just a minute. Should I find and catch the shadow?” Frans cut Yulia's story.

"No, sir. In fact, the crux of the matter is terror. I don't know, whether it's a mystical power or a trick like magic, it's clear that someone is terrorizing me. There's a big thing I haven't told you. Hope this will be of use in your investigation of the problem that befell me. Right in the morning, I was sweeping the front yard, suddenly a postman approached me. The postman gives me a very strange letter. The envelope does not contain a return address. The content really took my breath away after reading it.”

Meet detective Frans Sina, tell him the problem that bothers you every night. If you don't see him for a week, I'll kill you.

Mr. B

            "I brought the letter. Here is the letter, sir. His handwriting is very neat and with character.”

Frans immediately took the letter and he stepped back to the table, he was reading with focus. I immediately remembered the red envelope I received from the newsboy earlier. I took the envelope out of my shirt pocket. Our faces became very serious; Yulia became confused seeing our facial expressions.

"Frans, I also got a strange red envelope from the newsboy."

I handed it to Frans, he swiftly opened it and the contents were taken out. Frans immediately read the letter. His expression changed, his forehead wrinkled and his index finger stroked his chin."

"This is a letter from Mr. B," said Frans.

We were surprised to hear Fran's words. Yulia got up and went straight to where Frans was standing. This mystery is very confusing. What is the content of the letter? Why did Mr. B also send a letter to Frans? Why not just email? So ancient, did he deliberately want to preserve correspondence? Ah, it seems very impossible if that's what Mr. B.

0