CH 4: The Imposter.
1k 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Imposter:

 

The Goddess and the champions were gone to some other place for appraisal and stuff. 

There are once again only the three of us left in the whole chamber.

With nothing in hand, I thought of clicking that star-like button that was displayed above the skill and blessing section.

After saying "Status" once again, I touched the star button above the skill- "Disintegration lvl1". And as expected another window dropped down from it. 

[                              ]

    NAME: Ren Itsuki       

    AGE: 17

    SEX: Male

    RACE: HIGH HUMAN  

    ORIGIN: EARTH-818

    TITLE: 

    The not Summoned One

 

   _________________________ 

    LEVEL: 1

    PHYSICAL STATS :

    HP: 6/6

    MP: 10/10

    STR: 0

    DEX: 1

    DEF: 0

    AGI: 1  

    INT: 5

    LUCK: not defined

    ABNORMAL STATE: none

                    

  Disintegration lvl 1:

< >

♦ A unique skill, that disintegrates living targets into non-existence. To invoke this skill, you need to verbally call out the skill's activation phrase - "DISINTEGRATE", while aiming at the target that you need disintegrated with the hand. The point at which the skill is connected becomes the disintegration centre. And the target undergoes disintegration with the disintegration point being the disintegration centre. Note, the target does not die immediately once the skill connects, but when, it is completely disintegrated. Note, there cannot be more than one disintegration centre in a single target.

♦ Current disintegration rate: 60cm³/s.

♦ Current range: 60 cm 

♦ Number of shots: 3/3

♦ MP cost: 3

♦ Cooldown period: 3 days

< >

                 

   BLESSINGS:

   Linguistics* 

[ ]

'Looks nice, I guess?... hmm? At a closer look isn't the rate a bit too low? Let's see it would take a few hours to completely disintegrate a human-sized enemy. What's more, it says that the enemy won't die instantly, huh. What? The range is just 60cms? khek! I could just move one step forward and hit them with a bat and it would still be better than this. Well, at least it doesn't require physical contact. It might increase after I am 10 or 20 levels anyway. Shit! Cooldown period is 3 fucking days!! fuck, I'm screwed!'

'Even a knife would kill more efficiently and quickly. My skill is just not efficient..... that is, at least for now... If I could just level it up to a few decent times it could become a formidable skill! I mean, it could finish off any living enemy, even if it takes time, right?'

"Haa~"

Let's check what the blessing does... it's pretty clear from the name itself but still.

   BLESSINGS:

   Linguistics

< >

 All-father has blessed you with the ability to understand all languages that exist. You can communicate and write in any language that you already know or have come to know through the blessing. 

 < >

"Ohohoho, it's quite a blessing, eh. Now, I can watch international movies without subtitles! Heck yeah!"

The girl beside me flinched at my unintentional exclamation. And the Apostle, Eugene, ignored me and her as if we didn't exist, just as he did for all this time.

'Ah, shit... I said it out loud.'

"Sorry...", I apologized.

The eyepatch girl just shook her head. 

Sigh... 

.

.

.

Several minutes later, the cloudy bluish-black portal opened once again. The Goddess stepped out from it, following her, came out the eleven other Apostles, and following them, my friend and other Champions also emerged. 

Goddess Helastia walked to the platform and then said, "It's my pleasure to inform you that this time's summoning gave splendid results! We have 4 S-Rank Heroes, 2 A-Rank Heroes, 8 B-Rank Heroes, 12 C-Rank Heroes and also 4 D-Rank Heroes. First time in history we have had this many S-Rank Heroes in the same summons. This would help us defeat the Devil lord with a bit less difficulty......Thank you, Champions! I thank you, for being born in this world! I and the people of this world shall be eternally grateful to you." 

After completing her speech she gestured to the Apostle standing behind us to come to her. Eugene finally left us by ourselves and went to the Goddess. Since the goddess wasn't talking to anyone, I thought this was my chance to finally say hello to my old friend. 

  

"Sup, man." I smiled.

At first, Alex, my friend, squinted his eyes, and then a beaming smile of recognition spread across his face. He came closer and showed me his hand, we did our signature handshake.         

"When will you ever grow up man, these silly, flashy handshakes are cringe! Hey Alex, what are you holding there?", I snatched the paper he was holding.

              

{ NAME: Alex Adams}

{ AGE: 17 }

{ HP: 500 }

{ MP: 500 }

{ STR: 500 }

{ DEX: 500 }

{ DEF: 500 }

{ AGI: 500 }

{ INT: 500}

              

'Are these his stats? They're freaking huge! Mine don't even compare..'

"Oh, this? This is the stats sheet, the goddess gave this to us. Since we can't show our status to anyone else and she wanted to look at our level 1 stats, that's what it is used for. They are huge, right. I'm an S-Rank hero, by the way."

"Oh, great! Looks like the bullied wimpy guy is up to something great, heh!"  

"*AHEM*"

Goddess Helastia cleared her throat to get our attention. I and others looked towards her... 

'Despite her "ahem" being so soft, it still got everyone's attention, huh.'

"Oh, My~ it seems the Champions and.... that creature... already know each other, may I know, how~?..... Jack Anderson, I suppose? Please come forward."

 

I nodded and moved to the front. Looking up at the Goddess from the white floor, I again realized just how breathtaking she was. Whenever I look at her I feel like she is the thing I should devote my everything to, as if I am getting brainwashed. But it feels good.

Anyway, since she asked, I just told her a bit about the past, it was no problem. And once I started, I blabbered like a fool, telling her even more than needed. 

"----and aside from my hobbies like gaming and programming, I also liked reading novels."

As I blabbered, Goddess Helastia looked at me with a maternal gaze. Even from down below, I could smell her pleasant odour.

'fuck it, she never asked about my hobbies! That's embarrassing!'

"Hmm~ Oh, really? You think sources of entertainment are lacking in this world... Hmm~ Well, I can't deny that myself too... ahaha~"

'Ah! I made her giggle!'

"Now then~ I understand your whole circumstances. Hmm~ so, this time the "Imposter" lived her since birth to mingle and understand more about humans, huh. Well, a few have appeared in the past too, so nothing new there... you're just.... boring."

 *Gasp*

As soon as she said the word "Imposter", my body temperature rose in anxiety, and my breathing became heavy in fear. I don't know why it happened. 

'Why am I panting?' 

'Why is heart beating out of control?'

'Was it the word "Imposter" that caused it?'

I looked at the goddess. I don't understand why but, the goddess who seemed so lovely, so pretty, and angelic a moment ago, now terrified me to the core.

"What do you mean Imposter? I am not posing to be someone else--", shaking, I asked the goddess.

"Imposter...", she contorted her face in disgust. Her attitude, her expressions, her whole visage turned entirely different from her previous cheerful persona. 

As if... As if her previous airhead-yet-elegant goddess attitude was just a facade. She gestured for someone to come forward.

I hear footsteps coming towards here. 

I could guess whom she called, it was the other person who was separated from the Champions group and was with me. 

She came to the front, and stood beside me. She looked at the floor with a pale expression.

"The imposters are Humanity's Traitors.... they are the servants of the Devils that somehow manage to trick the system and obtain the powers of the heroes and use it for their 'Master's', The Devil Lord's benefits. Sometimes, they come along with the Heroes, posing to be Heroes too, just because they have the same kind powers that heroes posses. The power they have isn't even their own, they scavenge the heroes' leftover powers when All-father transfers it to the heroes. But here is a funny thing, even though they scavenged someone else's powers, they would still remain extremely weak as their growth rate is extremely poor, fufufu~ *sigh* This time the Imposter has lived here since too, posing as a human living as a human! Ugh! They are absolute sinners, they are filthy scavengers and their goal is the annihilation of humankind. They mustn't be let free. They are  Trash. They should just perish...", saying that the goddess gave a 'smile', a smile that gave me chills in the spine.

"Goddess Helastia! Listen to me I have no connection to the Devils nor I am some scavenger or imposter or humanity's traitor... That beam of light!... I didn't do anything it just fell on me from above on its own!! You can ask anyone who knows me--"

 

"That's actually a bit terrifying don't you think so too, Thomas?" Some girl from the Champions group snickered.

"khe heh... Nah, Kayla, the goddess said that he's weak as shit and besides, I have the power to kill him in one shot and also I'm an A-Rank hero there's no way a dumb devil's servant could ever hope to defeat "Me"."

"Yeah, that's for sure, we do have some pretty op stuff."

"Kuh..:'

They... they already believe her...? Well, why won't they!

'But whatever the goddess is saying, it's all bullshit!'

 My eyes widen up in realization. There is no question but a sure realization.  

'But.....why? just why?'

My heart starts racing in anxiety, and cold sweat slides down my cheek. Nothing I say will make them believe me... No matter how much I plead the Goddess won't let me live...

I can't think of any possible way to get out of this situation. I can't escape. I know no way out. 

Where would I run?

I didn't notice it earlier but there is no door here! Why would they even need one when they could just those damned portals.

I can't kill them too.

'She is powerful, she could kill me in a snap... no! she can't kill a being existing in this world...No!... but... then-then, t-they could kill me, those 'handsom' Apostles.'

But to survive, I need to kill them...

'How will I kill them? With a drawing compass? With a paper knife?'

'Or with my skill that was granted..., no, that I scavenged from the leftovers of the other heroes? The skill is absolutely shitty! This skill's range is 60 cm, that Goddess is standing well above 2 meters. And even if I somehow manage to get close to her and shoot her with this skill, neither will she die immediately nor will I be able to survive those "Protectors" of hers. I only have three shots, it won't be near enough to kill these bastards, and also, I don't know if my skill works against a Goddess or not, what if I shoot her with my skill and she just brushes it off, I'll die. Works against a Goddess? I don't even fucking know if it even works at all or not!'

'I see no way to survive!'

'If only the rate of my skill was high enough so that they wouldn't get a chance to react.' 

'If only I had range enough to get them from here.' 

'If only I had enough shots to kill all of them.' 

'These mother fuckers! if only they weren't alive.'

'If only I had any other way to kill them!'

With this skill, I can't even kill a rat, right now. How will I kill them...!?...

This is for survival.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I need to survive from these people.

This goddess and her men, for some bullshit reason, want me dead, I need to survive them..........But HOW!!!

 

 

 

Add it in your reading list! Also like the chapter, if you liked it. :)

 

29