9 Techniques born of ill understanding
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Trying to rotate the distortion, as right now they require force to “eat” objects they impact on, but I suspect that with effort I can spin them. if my hopes prove correct will give them a sort of sawing effect. It’s…quite easy really. It’s almost as if spinning is the natural state of the distortions and I’ve been doing it wrong from the beginning. As if I was holding them back and wasting effort doing so. I tried throwing the distortion, but it simply dissipated after going a small distance from my body, barely a meter or two. I then tried to create a suction force which worked too well,rather than drawing everything in it “filled” with air. The air became more and more compressed and when I tried to dispel it it exploded and took a great deal of the flesh on my hand with it. 

 

With further testing I learned to release it via a pin sized gap in the distortion as a very destructive single use swipe or stab. I planned to use this to cover for my unusual qi element by claiming to be a wind elemental qi user, but there was a problem. Thinking back to that Golden Toad I realized my qi lacked any coloration, especially the distinct color of green wind qi...but I had a green qi didn’t I? I generated another wind ball and tried to gather the green qi from my core which instantly made me begin to explosively vomit before the black seal marks seemed to form proper channels even though it still made me feel incredibly sick.

 

I waved the air blade tainted with my nauseating qi infusion and I was happy with the visual result that looked somewhat like wind qi and could be excused as a self made technique. It was then that the tree I struck with it started moving.

 

Bulbous growths began to emerge from the wound on the tree and quickly settled into it’s whole length before it whizzled and turned brown showing it was assuredly dead.

 

I trained my eyes on the qi radiating from my glowing green fingers and noticed it had some similarities to the energy I could now perceive radiating from the sun, but was clearly some form of poisonous emanation. A radiation if you will. It Is interesting now I can see it coming from me at all times. I'll need some way to keep others safe from this radiation qi before I enter town. I notice that water and granite impede this radiation qi so I use some bandages to soak up some granite mud I mix up and wrap my body in these muddy bandages. I look like a leper who has fallen in the mud, but I at least seem to be safe to be around others in this state.

 

I quickly leave the area as a ring of dead grass creeps ever further from the tree I struck, I’ll need to be very careful with this ability as it seems to have high collateral damage. I immediately run into a new problem, my weight has greatly exceeded the strength of the ground. My every foot step results in me sinking at least ankle deep into even the hardest ground, the more I cultivate the heavier I become. At a certain point I just started swimming through the very earth itself and seemed to make more progress than walking.

 

I switched between swimming and skating on my technique of placing distortions on my feet and spinning them which allowed me to at least seem human...until I arrived at the first of three towns before me and my destination. I was quite perplexed as to how to proceed. In addition to all my unusual facets I am...shy. With no way to proceed I continued to train and gave names to my techniques to help in the conscious use of them. Generating a distortion at the point of a strike I name “Zero Point Guard.” Using a distortion offensively I called “Devouring strike.” The skates I created I name “Fleeting foot.” The move using my radiation qi and air to make it seem like a wind technique...I named the false wind technique “radiating wind” and had a bit of a chuckle to myself.

 

This did not a damnable thing to help me enter the town.

0