Drachenmagd #11
769 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mother Mayhem

“Won't you calm down? You're acting far too excited.”

“Well of course I am! Hah... he's my nephew!”

She was antsy; something she shared with the rest of her clan, it would seem.

Up and down she jostled on her train seat, brown eyes gazing out the window in a longing manner. Rushing by were grandiose green lands dotted with antiquated aqueducts, making her think about travel photos from Italy. Perhaps if she wasn't so antsy, she would have been taking pictures of them to be placed around her home upon their return. But as of right now, all she could do was stare. Stare, stare, stare.

A bit of deja vu, don't you think?

Had it not been for her husband, she may have been bounding about in this train car. He even reached over, his hand resting on her thigh to calm her. Looking over, she smiled and silently thanked him, the coy smirk on his rugged face indeed pacifying her restless heart... if only for a little bit.

Rita Savannah nee Milieus was not having a good time. She told herself on the plane ride here things would be okay, but no. She told herself as they waited for the train that things would be okay, but no. She told herself that things would be okay right now during said train ride... but once again, no. Her heart raced, and no amount of her husband's soothing words could help her.

If she was suffering like this, then there's no telling what Sebastian was going through alone.

Jack Savannah – her husband – was trying to mediate his wife. For as high strung and round up she was, he was far more relaxed and restrained. She was worried and had good reason to be; Sebastian may have been her only remaining family in the world. They had no children – despite their many attempts – so a lot of her motherly instinct had been placed upon her nephew throughout his life. But even Jack had to admit that his wife's worry was misplaced when he was living in the lap of luxury.

“Rita, please, calm down, dear,” said her husband, his hand still resting upon his thigh to quell him, “I'm sure Sebastian's fine. Remember what his maid said a few days ago? He's alright.”

“Then why couldn't he have told us that himself?” she replied, her head shaking, “It's already been over a week since he left, and I haven't gotten much out of him save for a few sparse texts every now and then! Humph!”

“Well, he is living in a rich estate,” Jack explained, “I don't think I'd have much time to talk to someone else either.”

“Hmph! Rich estate! Is it really that much better than our home in Riverside?” she asked in an attempt to defend their paltry, middle-class existence.

“You mean our small home with paper thin walls you can easily hear through, like that one time we thought Sebastian was too sick to hear us?” Jack replied with a wry grin, “No. No. No. I don't think a luxury estate could compare at all!”

Rita leered at her husband in an annoyed manner, while he himself laughed at his sarcastic joke. But even she was not so blinded to think that this wasn't more of an attempt to calm her down. She had been super wired since they started preparing for this trip, so any attempts at levity were appreciated.

And yet...

Ding! Dong!

Now arriving at Hund Station in Schonheit. Now arriving at Hund Station in Schonheit.

Said the PR system overhead, with their fellow riders all starting to rise.

Jack was no different, raising up to search the overhead compartments in order to pull out their suitcases and luggage. Of which there was one for him, and two for Rita. Two suitcases needed for this honestly petite woman who couldn't take up that much space. She was always packing in advance...

Together they wheeled their things out of the train, stepping off onto Hund's platform as they were stricken by the difference in air. Riverside smelled like country and trees... heh, like rivers. Schonheit by comparison smelled more like stone and metal. It was an odor Jack was used too, being a contractor. However, where as most construction jobs smelled messy and crude, this had a more elegant flare to it.

Perhaps the beautiful craftsmanship of the stone masonry was infecting his nostrils... somehow.

“Okay, let's see,” said Rita as she pulled out her phone, reading the instructions sent to her by a woman named Igrene, “According to the Head-Housemaid, we should be heading towards the station's driveway. There we will be picked up by one of the estate's drivers.”

“One of the estate's drivers, eh?” said Jack as he rubbed his head, “Hmm... sounds swanky. Can't believe Sebastian's so rich now, he has people who drive him around. Well, at least now he no longer has to worry about his driving skills. Remember when I had to teach him how to parallel park?”

“Jaaaaaackk...”

She groaned at her husband, while he chuckled more in his lighthearted manner. Begrudgingly, she found herself smiling and giggling along too. She truly loved her husband; his affects on her were always uplifting, even if his burly, rugged nature would say otherwise. She even placed her hand on his chest, before leading her husband/pack mule forward with their luggage in hand.

What? Did you think Rita would actually tug along one of the three suitcases they brought with them? Get real!

Together they walked through the droves of other people, heading towards the station's driveway as they were told. There were so many people around getting into relatively fancy cars, that the two fish from Riverside felt out of place. Surely not everyone in Schonheit drove such luxurious vehicles! And if they did, certainly not one of them could be Sebastian, right? His car would have to be more normal... right?

“Ah! Jack! Over there!” Rita said, pointing in the direction where she saw a sign being held up.

Written upon said sign was the name 'Savannah', though who was holding it took Rita by surprise. It was a young man, his hair a short black bob, wearing a purple suit of some kind that brought to mind a butler. His eyes however were the most brilliant, shimmering eyes Rita had ever seen; they glowed like the stars themselves!

He was similar in age to Sebastian, but this had to be some sort of joke, right? His amazing clothes made it clear he was a servant to someone rich and powerful, but his youthful age made it hard to believe he could be anyone's worker, let alone one in service to her nephew. This had to be some sort of joke, right?

But Rita's eyes had already met this young man's eyes, and his had done likewise. He smiled at her and placed away his sign, with Rita pulling Jack along towards this mysterious young man.

“Jack and Rita Savannah?” said the young man, his voice's pitch being rather feminine in nature.

Jack opened his mouth to answer, but Rita walked between her husband and this young man, saying,

“Yes... and uh... you are?”

“Oh, apologies,” replied the young man as he gave a courteous bow, “My name is Larsine; I am Master Sebastian's valet,” he straightened back up, “I was sent to pick you... two... up? Beg my pardon but... is something the matter?”

Master Sebastian? Had he just said 'Master Sebastian'? In what strange, topsy-turvy, upside-down world was Rita in?

This confusion showed on her face, making Larsine pull back as if he had said something to offend. Jack too looked confused by her words, though he was far quicker to start chuckling in an accepting manner. They already knew the Faust family was stacked when it comes to money, though the idea that his meek nephew was someone's 'Master' was still rather shocking. However, he could accept it. Rita? Not so much...

“I'm sorry but... did you call Sebastian... Master?” she asked, to which the young man nodded.

“Of course, why wouldn't I?” asked the valet with an eyebrow raised, “He is the earl of the estate...”

Larsine looked at them, now equally as confused as Rita was. Was the idea of Sebastian being a Master confusing to her? Hmm... he did say she'd be a bit difficult, but Larsine didn't think it would be to this level.

“You two must be tired after your plane and train ride,” Larsine commented whilst stepping aside, “Please, right this way; I'll drive you to the estate.”

“Drive us to the estate...” Rita said, her voice trailing off, “In... in... oh my word...”

“Holy shit...”

Larsine was indeed standing in front of a car. A BMW Cabriolet. Specifically, a BMW E30 325. Mint as well, looking as if it had warped straight from the 80s or 90s. Its surface was a smooth and clean cherry-red, reflective in the afternoon light of station's drive thru. Rita and Jack could even see their own reflections in its surface.

“Wait... this is... Sebastian's car?” Jack asked, while Rita remained utterly flabbergasted.

“Oh yes, of course!” said Larsine gleefully, “This is Master Sebastian's car; he has many of them. He chose this specifically, thinking you'd enjoy riding in this car. He's a very thoughtful Master!”

The way Larsine spoke of Sebastian felt like he was talking about a completely different person. Yes, their nephew is perhaps the most thoughtful person in the world; the valet's description of him was not the problem. The problem was how he said it.

Larsine's tone was honorable and respectful, like he was an idle worshiper. Okay, perhaps that's a bit extreme, but the reverent way he spoke of Sebastian just made it seem like he was talking about a completely different person! Just what has happened in the week since he left Riverside?

“Oh, please sir,” said Larsine as he walked up to Jack, grabbing his luggage from his hand, “Allow me.”

“Uh... yeah... sure...” he muttered back, confused by Larsine's mannerisms.

And is it him or... was Larsine actually a girl? Just his tone sounded more feminine, which clashed against his masculine appearance. In fact, said appearance also felt like a mask. Like, it would be something that a girl who's trying to look like a boy would wear. And with how tight it was, he could see his rather feminine figure. Not much of a chest, but there was a chest there.

Wait... does that mean he's ogling another woman? And in front of his wife nonetheless!? Better stow that away before Rita notices! Though from the looks of it... Rita herself didn't seem to be bothered. She too was starting to question if Larsine was a boy or a girl. Unlike her husband however, she lacked tact in these regards.

“Are you a girl?” she asked right out the blue, taking Larsine aback as she lifted the trunk to the car.

“R-Rita!” Jack groaned as he palmed his forehead, before giving Larsine a somewhat frank smile, “S-sorry about that.”

“Uh... heh... it's okay,” said Larsine as she went about placing their luggage into the car's trunk, “I get that sometimes...” Thunk! “And to answer your question, Mrs. Savannah,” she bowed her head, “Yes, I am a girl.”

“Oh... huh... o... okay...”

It made Rita blush, realizing how foolish she was for not noticing this earlier. Guess Larsine's more masculine clothes did a good job of fooling her, even if she did have an inkling of suspicion that she was a girl all along.

Good thing she hadn't said, done, or asked anything really embarrassing.

“Allow me to get the doors for you,” said Larsine as she went about opening the them, ushering the two inside.

Once they were comfortable in the back, she took her place in the driver's seat, turning the car on and driving out onto the streets.

Instantly Rita was a gasp with awe, watching the beauty that is Schonheit pass them by. She didn't go with Mai and Sebastian the first time they came here fifteen years ago. To think such a beautiful yet antiquated city existed in this day and age. It certainly made Riverside seem like a rust bucket in comparison.

Sebastian had texted her before when he made his decision to stay in Schonheit, something that had her crying her eyes out for days. Jack tried to placate her feelings, telling him that he was an adult and he had the abilities to make these choices on his own, but she didn't agree. He was only nineteen; at least make such a decision when he was out of college! Had the money swayed him that much?

But as she road through the streets now, looking at the beauty Schonheit had in comparison to Riverside... yeah, she could understand why. Perhaps this had always been his goal; to leave home for greener pastures. But, no, there had to be more to it than that! Even as she saw all of this – even as she traveled in this amazing car with the fine leather seats – Rita hoped she could bring her nephew back.

If not for herself, then for her sister.

Those words were stuffed away when the city streets were replaced with a single road sandwiched by trees on all sides. Now this felt more like Riverside, specifically the road one would take to go from Riverside to the neighboring city of Eastgate. The casual forest allure of it all, mixing together with natural odor of trees, all drawing Rita in and lulling her into a sense of calm.

That is until it all faded away to reveal the shear majesty that is the Faust Estate.

Eyes wide and mouths agape, Rita and Jack stared at the structure in the distance. They had never seen a building so big before that wasn't a nondescript skyscraper! It was equal parts wide as it was tall, standing upon the lands as if overlooking everything around it, including Schonheit itself. Its red and gold design exuded royalty, and due to its great size, one would be forgiven in thinking this was a palace meant for true royalty.

“Wow...” Jack muttered in disbelief.

“Is this... no... i-it can't be...” Rita murmured as well, her eyes cutting over to the valet in the front, “Um... uh... Miss Larsine... is this it? Is this the Faust Estate? Does... does... does Sebastian own this?”

“Of course, Mrs. Savannah,” Larsine answered with a smile on her face, “This is the Faust Estate; it has been standing for well over two hundred years, and has played home to every one of Faust blood since the 1700s. Currently, it is Master Sebastian's home to do as he pleases with.”

“Oh goodness...”

This was the kind of place she'd see in some book, or on the internet after you type in 'luxury palace' into a search engine. To be driving up to such a place – a place her nephew owns – was enough to instill silence within anyone, let alone the usually talkative woman. She tried to speak, but the words just didn't leave her lips.

Larsine was more than used to this. Sure, it had been a while since new people came to the estate, but the faces of shear awe was familiar all the same.

When the gates opened, the valet drove through them, coming to the estate's massive garage. Now it was Jack's turn to be impressed, amazed by the shear number of garage doors he saw. Two buildings resting side by side on a road, going down nearly for as far as the eye could see.

He knew the Faust family was stacked, but damn! This was like... stackier than stacked! This was the stackiest stack of stacked people that could possibly be stacked! They were fucking rich!

Or... no... Sebastian was fucking rich.

Driving up to the sidewalk of this building, Larsine brought them to a curious woman. She was easily the tallest woman they had ever seen, coming in height closer to Jack of all people. Did those heels she wore have something to do with it? Her skin complexion was slightly darker, but her hair was brilliant and blonde, while her eyes were the sharpest pair of greens they'd ever seen. Moreover, she was wearing a red dress that clung tight to her body, showing off her every curve and flaunting her figure. When placed on such a relentlessly beautiful woman whose elegance seemed transcendent in nature, Rita felt understandably... flummoxed.

“Mr. and Mrs. Savannah,” said the woman as she gave them an honorable bow, “I hope your plain and train ride were comfortable.”

“Yeah, heh heh, first class! I've never flown first class before,” Jack said with a smile as Larsine walked around to open up the doors for them.

Rita remained silent however, eyeing this blonde woman as she and her husband departed from the car. The woman herself straightened up, giving the two a lovely and warm smile, her green eyes darting between them.

“What's your name?” asked Rita suddenly and blatantly without a ounce of restraint.

“R-Rita,” her husband groaned, though the woman laughed it off.

“Fufufufu! Oh, where are my manners? How could I forget something so important?” said the woman as she placed her hand upon her chest, “My name is Igrene, Head-Housemaid of the Faust estate. I make sure everything is running smoothly, especially in regards to my sisters. It is my pleasure to meet you!”

Igrene extended her hand, offering to shake it. Rita remained opposed to such a thing however, even pulling back in a defensive manner. Jack meanwhile was more than happy to return the favor, extending his hand back to Igrene and shaking it.

“It's nice to meet you too, Miss Igrene,” he said, offering to do the speaking for the both of them, “Your valet is very professional!”

“Of course she is; Larsine has been doing this for many years now,” replied the Head-Housemaid, “Oh! But I'm jumping far too fast to conclusions! I'm sure you must be sore after your ride here! Come, follow me and I'll take you to your bedroom.”

“But what about our things?” Jack asked, though Igrene shook her head.

“Fufufu! Don't worry about it; my fellow maids will take it to your room for you.”

That was enough of an answer for Jack, but Rita remained naturally apprehensive. No, no, not apprehensive, more so she was burning to ask a very important question.

“Where's Sebastian!?”

Igrene turned to face her, giving the woman that calming, warm smile of hers again. It was supposed to be reassuring, and it certainly worked on Jack, but Rita remained abrasive towards it. Igrene didn't either seem to notice, or mind.

“Master Sebastian is busy working out with Marshal Emiline and Groundskeeper Carmeline; a new, daily routine of his,” Igrene explained.

“W-working out?” Rita said astonished, while Jack laughed.

“Heh heh! That sounds great! Though uh... going by the name...” he became thoughtful, where he muttered under his breath, “Carmeline, Emiline, Igrene and Larsine... are all the workers here girls?

“Why yes,,” Igrene answered, taking Jack aback as his muddled words were actually heard, “All the servants here are women, specifically my sisters.”

“Hmm... well... huh...”

Hearing that and looking at Igrene, Jack also compared her mentally to Larsine. And, sure, Larsine wasn't a tall woman like Igrene was, but she still somehow seemed to emanate sparkles wherever she walked. If all the women here were as beautiful as Igrene and Larsine were, then that would give one reason for Sebastian to want to stay here as oppose to returning to boring old Riverside.

Ya'know, if the endless riches hadn't done that already.

“I assure you, Master Sebastian will talk to you the first chance he gets,” Igrene explained, “He's been looking forward to this since I told him of your message days ago. He made sure you two were on the first, first-class flight here!”

“Much appreciated!” Jack said.

“Fufufu! Lovely!” Igrene continued as she took lead point, “Now follow me. I'll take you to your room.”

Jack nodded and was ready to follow along, but Rita continued lingering behind. Noticing his wife's dour attitude, he slipped his hand over, grabbing her hand into his. She looked at him, seeing a kind smile on his rugged lips. Such a shift; usually it was her smiling in spite of her husband's indifference to something. Everyone was trying to make her feel better... but she herself wasn't feeling it.

Nevertheless, she gripped her husband's hand back, following Igrene alongside him.

“Holy shit...”

“Jack! Language!”

“Fufufufu! It's okay! Promise!”

Look, Jack's a simple man who works a simple job in construction. Sure, they've gone on vacations with one another, but never to super extravagant places. Perhaps the zaniest place they've ever been to would have to be Oceanside, but that's about it. Even then, the bedroom they stayed at was nowhere near as amazing as this!

This large, spacious room with a bed the size of a moon, with the beautiful window view of the estate's courtyard, this was just a guest room? Impossible!

“This absolutely dunks on our bedroom at home,” Jack muttered as he stared up to the ceiling first and foremost, “Look at how big this room is, Rita! It's fuckin' hu-- WHOA!?”

“See! That's what you get for your cussing!” Rita shouted, before clamping her hands over her mouth, “Oh! J-Jack!”

He had fallen over their luggage, actually. Laying half on the ground with his legs strung up still by a suitcase, the burly man continued looking up at the ceiling with his expression perplexed. That is until Rita came into view, a smile on her lips in a teasing manner.

“Eh heh heh... a little help here, dear?”

“Hm...”

Her teasing smile growing in size, Rita offered her husband her hand, helping him to get back on his feet. As he stood tall in the center of the room, he held hands together with his wife, gazing at all the opulent glory they had around them.

“You really like it, don't you?” asked Rita as Jack broke away from her, just so he could fall back-first upon the large mattress.

“Mmmmphh... hohohohohoooooo! How couldn't I?” he replied with a grin, “It's so large and... hmph... so niiiiicceee... heh heh! And the way they got our luggage up here is like I'm staying in a luxury hotel. Haaaah...” he closed his eyes, “And here I was thinking that one Morris Hotel we stayed in was the best thing ever.”

The bed shifted, Rita having laid beside her husband on her side. Smiling at him, her hand rested gently on his chest, stroking up and down in a loving manner. The silence between them was palpable, only ruined by the fact that the Head-Housemaid was still there. But Igrene was not so daft to not realize that she was no longer wanted. So she bowed her head as she retreated to the door, but before she exited fully she said,

“I hope the living arrangements are to your liking. I'll go send for Master Sebastian right away.”

Her words – though brief – spurned life into Rita, who pulled up and looked at the door, watching as Igrene left them. Her heart was steadily pounding, images of her nephew flooding her mind. Why did it feel like an eternity since she last saw him, when it was just close to two weeks? Her days had started to drag for every moment her nephew was not back home; his existence just being so... normal for her.

And now he was an earl, a Master... whatever that meant.

“Boy... if I had all of this to myself,” Jack muttered as he groaned with desire upon the bed, “Yup... ahh! I wouldn't give it up for the world either!” looking at his wife, he shot her a grin, “Guess it's a good thing Sebastian decided to come here after all, don'tcha think, Rita?”

She... wasn't exactly in full agreement with him. Yes, it was nice on a surface level, but Rita just couldn't imagine her nephew being anywhere but with her, no matter how great this all was. Does that sound a bit possessive of her? Maybe, but it wasn't intentional.

There was more to it than that...

“What about these servants of his?” Rita asked whilst looking back at Jack, causing him to raise up on his elbows, “Do they seem strange to you?”

“Hmmm...”

He took a thoughtful pose; placing his hand on his chin and everything. There he sat, thinking, thinking, thinking... then he switched to the other way, thinking, thinking, thinking more. And what was it he was thinking about?

Well... Igrene of course. It's not like he's seen any other servants so far save for Larsine, and let's face it, Igrene was far more 'woman', if you catch his drift. How could his mind not dawdle over towards the Head-Housemaid who so professionally and graciously led them to their sleeping quarters? Such poise, such elegance... and not quite bad on the eyes either.

Look, Jack's seen a lot of women in his day, and it's not like he was going to break his vows ever, but he could appreciate a beautiful woman. And damn, was Igrene a very beautiful woman.

“Heh heh... uh... n-no,” he said, a slight blush on his cheeks, “I don't see anything strange about them!”

Rita's eyes slid into a glare at her husband, clearly noticing his more frazzled state. It was embarrassing and even belittling for him to think of another woman like that, but she couldn't deny that Igrene's physical appearance was on a completely different level.

Which in Rita's eyes only made her more untrustworthy.

“Alright, I'm getting out of these clothes,” said Jack as he began removing his jacket from his shoulders, “Aahhh! Been sweating in these since we got on the plane; I could use a change!”

“I hope you do so when I'm not around,” a voice suddenly called out.

Both Jack and Rita's eyes widened, the voice they heard being familiar, for it belonged to--

“Sebastian!”

Turning to face the door, their eyes befell their young nephew. He stood at the entrance of the room, slowly walking in with a smile on his face. In his fine and pressed clothes – a black and red justaucorps with matching black slacks and boots – he looked like a prince having stepped right out of the 18th century!

But not only his clothes, but his stature too! Sebastian stood tall and proud like a man, as oppose to the young man he was before. His youthful features and face however remained the same, especially with how bright his eyes were as he looked at his aunt and uncle.

“Hey you--” FWOOSH!!! “Two? Achk!?”

“OH SEBASTIAN!!!” Rita cried as she picked him up into her arms, having zipped right up to him in the blink of an eye, “SebastianSebastianSebastianSebastian!!!”

“Ooofh! Ahaah!? A-Aunt Rita! Hrrmmmgphhoh!?”

Now this was a hug he was more used too; not the head-to-chest focused, busty hugs his maids typically gave him. Rita was practically squeezing him up to her body, nuzzling her head against him as well without a hint of restraint. Jack – overlooking this – chuckled softly as he approached the two of them, even placing a hand on his wife's shoulder.

“Rita,” he said, “The boy's got to breathe.”

“Oh! R-right!” she said whilst releasing him, allowing Sebastian to catch his breath.

“Hah! Haah! Hoooh... hmm... you... heh heh, you still squeeze so hard, Aunt Rita!” Sebastian remarked as he sheepishly grinned from cheek to cheek, “And here I was worried you would have lost your edge!”

Jack chuckled, finding the joke amusing. Yeah right, as if Rita could ever lose her edge when it comes to hugging people.

“You look great, Sebastian,” said his uncle as he tugged upon his shoulder, “Heh, these clothes make you look like royalty. Don't tell me you've already let all this money go to your head.”

“Well... not exactly,” Sebastian replied, to which his uncle chuckled.

“That's a shame. If I had all this money, I know I'd be abusing it by now,” he said earnestly, garnering a laugh from his nephew.

They acted as if a day hadn't passed between them, almost in complete opposition with their surroundings. They weren't in Riverside, weren't in their humble little home, no. They were here in this palace, standing in a large room that could put some entire homes to shame! Rita just couldn't bring herself to be as nonchalant about things as they were. She even opened her mouth to comment about this, but ultimately stuffed her voice down as she looked away.

“You just got in, so I know you're tired,” Sebastian stated, “I know I was when I first arrived. I passed out in the rec room. Oh! That's perfect! Why don't you two go ahead and relax? Nadine – the Kitchen Maid – will be preparing lunch soon. I'll have my Valet, Larsine, come for you when it's ready.”

“Wow... Kitchen Maids, Valets... heh heh! You really sound like a rich jackass, Sebastian!” Jack said with a jab to his shoulder, causing his nephew to grit his teeth.

“Heeeeeyy! I'm not that much of a jackass! Heh heh!”

And once again, they were laughing! Laughing as if it was all hunky-dory! Well none of this was hunky-dory in Rita's eyes! Sebastian was acting weird, acting nothing like her quiet, shy, docile nephew! No, he was far more... boisterous than that, even if some of his typical mannerisms remained.

Just what is going on here!?

Knock! Knock! Knock!

“Huh?”

In unison they all looked to the door, eyes falling on Larsine. The Valet having returned, she smiled at the trio, before giving Sebastian an honorable bow.

“Nadine's finished with her preparations, Master,” Larsine said, “She just wants your opinion on it before it's served.”

“Ah, right! Okay,” Sebastian said, a kind smile on his lips though an assured sternness existed within his tone, “I'm right behind you, Larsine.”

Even the way he spoke to his maids was different form how he usually sounded. Sebastian was typically so meek, his voice often stuttering or littered with 'uhs'. But now he lacked all of that, truly sounding, looking, and even acting like an earl.

What happened in the days they were separated?

“Rita, you okay?” Jack asked as he tossed his jacket upon their bed.

“Yes... yes... I'm fine...”

Wow. Look at all these little doohickeys. Having walked through the halls with an inquisitive eye, the burly man had noticed this place's rather telling addiction to reptiles. Or... shoot... what are they called again? Oh, right, dragons. That's the winged ones, right? Yeah, this place loved its dragons. Such as this one figurine of a dragon before him. Cut from wood, it was expertly crafted to depict a serpentine creature with wings. It was well made, even if the sight of all these little figurines reminded him of his grandmother's house.

Made him wonder what was the point of it all.

Jack stood in the center of the rec room, his finger poking at the figurine of a dragon that sat atop the room's fireplace. Curious little thing, wasn't it? Made him wonder who made it, and if it was fragile. He'd really hate to break something.

Although...

“What are you doing?”

“Ah shit!?”

Jack jolted up, knocking the statue off angle which forced him to grab it, resetting it in place. Letting out a sight of relief, the burly man turned around to face the person who called out to him, his eyes befalling a young woman of around Sebastian's age. She had blonde-green hair done in into twintails, these mischievous, cat-like eyes, her uniform had a green tint to it, and boy did she have a perky set of tits.

In her hand there laid a silver platter, its top down to conceal what laid inside. She held it gracefully, while her impish yellow eyes stared up towards Jack's own.

“You... you're Master Sebastian's Uncle Jack, are you not?” asked the young maid, the man nodding.

“Yeah, I'm Sebastian's Uncle Jack. Uh... but you an just call me 'Jack', if you'd like,” he said with a soft smile.

“Oh? Nonsense!” retorted the maid as she shifted her stance in a way that presented more of her perky chest, “You are Master Sebastian's family, meaning I shall call you 'Master' too, Master Jack!”

“Hah hah... Master Jack?” he repeated, “Wow... didn't think I'd like the sound of that so much, hah hah!” but before he could enjoy it for too long, he cocked his head, “Mind giving me your name?”

“Oh, yes, how forgetful of me,” said the young woman, “I am Parlor Maid Mylene. I've come to deliver lunch for you and your wife, Mistress Rita...” she looked around, “Who I am now noticing is not here...” her eyes returned to him, “Nyeh? Where's your wife at, Master Jack?

“She's taking her time back at our room,” he answered, “When the other girl came... uh... what's her name? Oh right, Larsine! When Larsine came to get us, Rita was feeling slightly down. She wanted a few moments to herself.”

“I see... well, if she needs any medical attention, do know we have Nurse Maid Rodeline forever on duty. There's nothing in the world she cannot cure.”

“Wow... a nurse maid too? This place has everything!

Jack chuckled to himself, stopping only when an audible groaning noise came from his stomach. Right, right, he hadn't eaten anything since their flight here in the first place. And while dining on shrimp cocktails miles above the earth is a blast when its happening, it's not gonna keep you filled for most of the day.

“Nyeh heh heh! Nadine would have loved to hear your stomach. She loves it when hungry people eats her food,” Mylene remarked before gesturing toward the table in the center of the rec room, “Come here, Master Jack!”

“Oh.. yes... hmmm... I can already smell it!”

Excitement fueling him as he sat down, he watched as Mylene first placed the silver platter down, then removed its top to reveal lobster tail. Its shell was blazing red, its tender meats bubbling with delicious juices as they were coated in garlic butter. But that's not all, for resting besides his lobster tail were two crab biscuits, having been baked to absolute perfection, with bits of cheese even oozing along their surface. And to help tie it altogether, he had what must be an ice cold bear, specifically Cold Creek beer. Why is that specific? Because Cold Creek beer is his favorite beer! Sebastian remembered.

The wonderful odor of food filled his nose, making Jack lean back and coo in pleasure, his mind running with an assortment of thoughts. This was only lunch? This is something Jack would pay upwards of forty dollars for at a local, fancy restaurant!

Is this what Sebastian got to enjoy on a regular basis? High class meals crafted for him by his dutiful Kitchen Maid? Jack hadn't even taken a bite out of his meal yet, but he already knew it would be greater than anything he's ever had! Better not let Rita know that...

But before he could get ready to take a bite out of his meal, Mylene walked around to him, wrapping a handkerchief around his neck and even tucking it into his collar. As she did so, she allowed his head to rest gently against her perky bosom. It made his cheeks flush red; she didn't seem to mind close-contact, did she?

“Okay, Master Jack!” said Mylene with a glowing smile on her face as she pulled back, “Please enjoy your meal to your heart's content!”

“Oh I will...” he said as his drool shamelessly hung from his lips.

Jack didn't hesitate, and he lacked Sebastian's apprehension towards eating in such a wild and unscrupulous manner. Once he got that fork and knife in hand, he began eating away at his meal, tossing food endlessly at his mouth. It took Mylene aback, though she didn't say anything. Instead she giggled, finding his appetite and voracious attitude to be rather cute.

Nadine would have loved to cook for him.

With his mind so focused on the meal, and Mylene rather focused on him as well, neither of them noticed someone else enter the rec room. A certain older woman, one with long black hair and a pension for worrying. Larsine had lead her here, but having been called off to do other work, she left the woman alone to see...

Them...

Prodding her fingers together, she watched as Mylene hung around Jack, observing him eat. The Parlor Maid with this mischievous and cat-like grin on her lips, holding her platter up. Did she have to look so... skimpy? What with her cleavage exposing dress, her skirt that showed off her legs, even the way she twisted and turned slightly, was nothing short of flirtatious.

And with her husband there...

“Ah-hemm!”

“Huh?”

“Oh? Mistress Rita, you're here!”

Mistress Rita? Did she just call her Mistress Rita?

The woman shook a bit, her cheeks puffed up and and lips in a pout, having been mentally punched by being called such a respectful thing as 'mistress'. She was trying to be angry; you can't suddenly reverse things like that!

“Wh-what's going on here?” Rita asked, causing both Jack and Mylene to look at one another.

“Ummm... I'm eating?” he answered, eyebrow raised, “Is something wrong, Rita?”

She didn't reply, instead looking at the two... and then at Mylene specifically. The Parlor Maid was at first curious and confused... though when she looked at Jack briefly, there was a noticeable glint in her eyes.

Or – more accurately – Rita thought there was a glint in her eyes.

“Jack! Can I talk to you?” she said through gritted teeth, before looking up at Mylene in a rather ferocious manner, “Privately!

The Parlor Maid looked at her, now twice as confused by Rita's mannerisms. But if the woman thought she'd be scared or even alarmed by the gaze... nope. Mylene just looked confused, maybe even a bit concerned, but nothing else. Look, Rita's no body builder, but she'd admit she had at least fifty pounds on the petite young woman... which actually made her feel worse now that she thought about it.

All the women she'd seen thus far seemed to radiate this... untouchable beauty.

“Okay, Rita, I'm coming,” he said, though it was clear he really didn't want to leave his plate, “Haaaahhh...”

When he walked up to her she grabbed him by his shirt, pulling him out into the hall with a surprising bit of strength. Once she was sure they were out of earshot of Mylene and the halls were cleared, Rita leaned in close.

“I don't like the women here, Jack!” she said through gritted teeth.

“Really? Cuz I really like them!” he replied with a smirk, much to his wife's displeasure.

“Jaaaaaack!”

“Heh heh! Kidding, Rita, kidding!” he said whilst smiling sheepishly, only for said smile to be replaced with something more concerned, “But uh... why? All of Sebastian's maids have been helpful and nice so far.”

“Yes but do they have to be so... so...” she cupped her hands under her bosom whilst pushing out her chest, “And do they have to be so... so...” she then moved her hands down to her skirt, gesturing towards their short length, “Y-you know, right?”

“Uhh--”

“Yes! Yes, you do know!” Rita said, “What is this place? Why are the women like this!?” she crossed her arms and looked away, “I... it can't be good for Sebastian. He's still a boy...”

Looking at Rita and in particular her blushing face of embarrassment, Jack could tell what was really bothering his wife. Igrene, Mylene, and yes, even Larsine in her own way were rather beautiful. For a middle-aged woman such as Rita, perhaps she was feeling threatened by all these young women? Was this... what's it called again? Menopause? No, wait, Rita's not that old.

Honestly, Jack didn't know what to say. On one hand, he kinda wanted to tease his wife for this. Rita's the kind of person who's sure she is right 100% of the time, so the chance to poke fun at his wife rarely shows itself. On the other hand, she actually did look a bit shaken by this. Sure, she was trying to say it was for Sebastian's own good, but...

“Sebastian's a man, Rita,” Jack said, “Well, a young man, but a man nonetheless. So what if the women of the estate are...” he cupped his hands under his chest, “This, and...” he placed his hands on the thighs of his pants, “This! Heh heh! I highly doubt he complains about it.”

“What if they're seducing him? What if that's why he wants to be king of the estate.”

“Uh... earl of the estate,” he corrected.

“Whatever. What if that's why he's still here! All this money and all these girls...”

“Yeah... sounds really bad,” Jack replied sarcastically, much to his wife's chagrin.

“I'm being honest!” she then moved in, “I could've sworn Sebastian was... ya'know... gay...”

“Well if he is gay, then there's definitely nothing to worry about,” Jack replied, making her see the flaws in her logic, “Listen, Rita, this is a good thing! You remember how bad he and Mai had it for a while. If I was in his shoes at his age...” he nodded, “Yeah, I probably would have accepted it without a second thought! Even if it was somehow bad for me. Heh... but... well, you know Sebastian. He may be quiet and shy, but he has a good head on his shoulders; always has. If he accepted it, then you and I both know he thought about it before hand.”

“Well... uh...”

She looked down as she hugged her shoulders, eyes closed and thoughts drifting towards her nephew. Jack was right; if Sebastian agreed to become earl of the estate, he would have thought about it before hand. Her nephew was a smart kid, despite his anti-social mannerisms. And did you see him when he walked into their room earlier? He looked so bright eyed and dashing in his clothes, he stood straighter, and he sounded so eloquent! Even if she didn't like this place, she'd be lying if she said it didn't have a positive change on him.

But she couldn't let go of what she felt! Of what she knew!

“Now why don't you stow that away for now and come back with me to the rec room?” sked Jack as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close, “Mylene just served me lobster tail. For fucking lunch! You're gonna love it!”

“Right... hm... right! Lobster tail? This early?” Rita replied as her husband led them back to the rec room.

“Heh heh! And it tastes just as great too! I hope Sebastian shows up soon, cuz if he doesn't, I'll eat his as well!” he stopped to think, “Assuming he hasn't eaten already...”

“Haaaaarrrhhhaaaaaahh!”

Her head leaned back...

“Hrrrrraahhaahahaaa!”

Her legs bucked up...

“Nnnngghhh! Haaahh! Haaah! Har har!”

When did her Master get so good at eating her out?

Nadine's hands curled into his hair, tugging his locks as fingers worked down deep into his scalp. Her legs were spread out, wide enough to comfortably sit the head of her beloved earl. Said earl's arms laid under her legs as well, holding them up slightly so he could have an unobstructed access to her sweltering cunt.

And oh, did it swelter.

“Harraaaaaahhh!”

Leaning back over her kitchen counter, Nadine let out a deep moan as Sebastian's tongue delved deep into her pussy. It wiggled and writhed with far more skill than it had done before, lacking those unrefined movements he had during their fishing trip. He dragged his tongue along her vaginal walls, swirling it about to taste her raw, untamed juices.

That blissful taste of seafood... fucking amazing!

He moved in, kissing her cunt again... and again... and again, just for good measure. Bringing his tongue back, he made sure to flick it along her clit on the retreat, while his brown eyes gazed up her body towards her face. Down here beneath Nadine's skirt, it was so hot and sweaty; he needed some air.

“Aaaahhh... haaahhh... haaahh...”

His face looked so hungry at her, those brown eyes so sharp. Giggling softly to herself as she came face to face with those eyes, Nadine could only think one thing.

Thank you sooooo much Emiline!

Sebastian remained silent, the glint in his eyes being far more composed, far more serious and stern. He knew what he was doing; no childish fumbling anymore form him. With his face oozing with the juices of her pussy, the young earl aimed his hand with her cunt, his middle finger in particular. Her skirt having been rolled up, Nadine could see that digit just ready to thrust.

So he thrusted...

“Raaaaahhaaah!”

And it felt soooooo good.

His finger stroked along her vaginal track, almost capable of pushing all the way to her deepest core. Tightening around his finger, the Kitchen Maid milked him for all she was worth, moaning louder as she did so. He leaned in closer, watching her face contort with pleasure, up until she wrapped her arms around his neck and shoulders to bring him in.

“Mmmfff!”

“Hmmmm!”

Their lip-lock was loud, tongues writhing in each others mouths as his fingering started to speed up. Faster and faster, his digit moved like a piston that made her juices splash about shamelessly. Her toes were curling from the intense onslaught of pleasure she was subjugated to, nearly unable to control herself, even when her blue eyes opened to look into his.

“Hararah! Master~! Oh Massterrr~!”

The orgasmic face of a woman... he had seen it so many times now, but it never got old to him. If anything, doing it right here right now in Nadine's kitchen seemed to spurn him on even more so than usual. Why is that? Well...

To think he was doing this right under his aunt and uncle's noses. How lewd.

“Nnnghhhh... haaah...”

Looking down, Sebastian's gaze fell upon Nadine's tail as it began rubbing against his crotch. With expert movement she unbuckled his pants and unzipped it as well, allowing the musky odor of his sweaty manhood to start filling the air. He had bathed this morning following his workout session, but its clear he still carried some of that sweat with him. Speaking of which...

“I know Carmeline worked you over this morning, didn't she?” Nadine asked with a wry grin, “Har har! Did you wrestle in front of Emiline again?”

“No, not this time,” Sebastian said with his head shaking, “This time I wrestled Emiline while Carmeline watched!”

“Ooooooh! Hara! You're mixing it up, Masterrr~!”

“Heh heh... I'm mixing it up with you too, Nadine... mmmmff...”

He kissed her again, and she hugged back even tighter. His finger had slowed now, keeping her on the edge of ecstasy. However, now she could tease him back, with her tail traveling into his pants and underwear. A grunt left his lips mid their kiss, forcing Sebastian to pull back as her blue tail worked into his underwear. Groaning softly, he felt her tail finally rise and free his cock from his pants, watching it stand proudly within her kitchen.

“Haarrrr... oooh... looks just as amazing as it did at the river,” she commented, while Sebastian's hands moved down to her knees, gripping it.

“I'll have to make it quick. I don't want to make Aunt Rita and Uncle Jack wait for me... heh...” he moved his cock near her cunt, “Especially Aunt Rita; she'll start to worry.”

“Quiick? Nnngaraaaah... y-you're such a cruel Master,” Nadine quipped, her lips quivering, “And here I was hoping for something lon-GEERRRRRAAAARRAAAHH!!!”

Just one thrust! That's all she needed! The Kitchen Maid was so wet, one thrust was enough to send his cock sliding deep into her cunt; right to the hilt! Sebastian bit softly on his bottom lip as he did so, his hips driving his length forward even more. And when he could not go any deeper, he just stopped...

And Nadine saw stars.

They bounced and jumbled about in her head, right up until her blue eyes finally fell upon her master. He was looking back at her, face a strange mixture between desire and joy... heh, maybe it had something to do with that smile on his face. Nadine grinned too, flaunting those sharp, shark-like teeth of hers.

But...

PAT!

“Aaarrrhhnnn!”

Sebstian began thrusting, setting up a steady pace that had her pushed up more and more upon her counter top. Groaning as his cock kept pounding away into her, Nadine reached down and grabbed the skirt of her dress, holding tightly upon it to help relieve some of the tension. But how could she when her drenched cunt was splashing about so wonderfully, marring his crotch, her dress, and the counter and floor beneath them in her juices?

“Aaarraaahh!”

“Haaaah! Haaaah!”

Her Master had gotten so good at this; his technique without equal. There was this one sharp thrust upon her g-spot that had her reclining hard, her busty chest pushed out as a shameless moan left her. Sebastian's grip tightened on her knees as well, his hips blurring as speed and power picked up harder and harder and harder.

This was supposed to be a quickie, but here he was trying to go the distance. It's hard to suddenly need to reprogram his mind to think differently. All his girls liked length, liked it when the sex went on and on and on and on and on. For him to purposefully speed things up felt wrong... and was a bit difficult as well.

Training with Emiline and Carmeline had certainly given him quite a load of stamina, something he was currently abusing as he rutted his Kitchen Maid in deep. His balls were drawing – that desire to climax strong – but he held himself back from doing it. The copious amounts of sex had certainly made Sebastian quite the resilient young man, showing with how his body seemingly refused to climax.

That is until...

“Nnghahaahh! N-NAdine... hnnh!”

Her cunt started squeezing down upon his dick. Hard. It pulled him in, and seemingly refused to release him even as he pulled back. Feeling those bumps and grooves stroke his dick on the penetration and retreat, both worked together to bring out such shameless moans from the young man's lips. He quivered, tried to speak, but no words would leave him save for moans.

This forceful grab... it only excited Sebastian further.

Pat! Pat! Pat! Pat! Pat! Pat!

His thrusting doubled in speed and power, making Nadine's body bounce on the counter top even more. Had her breasts not been confined to her dress, there was no doubt they'd be bouncing about shamelessly. Her Master really wasn't sparing her in the least bit!

“Harraaaaahahh!”

It felt so good! Her pussy so hot, and with that dick ramming away, she felt as if she was melting beneath it all. This quivering pleasure that built up, higher and higher and higher, his balls which slammed against her cunt, and that hungry, lustful look in his eyes.

Just a few more thrusts, that's all he needed. Push up and up! Deeper! Harder!

And that odor... lovely sea-breeze.

PAT!!!

“GRAAHHAARRH!?”

Oh that was a sharp thrust, and Sebastian didn't retreat either. No, he ground his cock hard into her cunt, drawing more orgasmic moans from her lips. She could feel it deep inside her; his cock, twitching, throbbing, spurning, needing to... to...

“Aaaahhh...”

“Haaarrrrrhh!”

It was so hot, and it shot soooooo deep inside her. This wasn't her first time getting such a load from her Master, but it that didn't make it feel any less amazing. Its weight, pulling down on her, its gelatinous form streaking down her vaginal walls, and its heat burning her up from the inside out. Nadine's grip on her skirt had gotten to the point that she feared she'd accidentally tear it apart... but no...

“Nngngnghghghgh!”

She shivered, her own orgasm taking the form of trickling clear juices. That splattered upon the counter and fell over on the floor, leaving it all shining as if someone had tossed a cleaning solution on it. However, if they stuck their nose inside, they'd smell...

Hmm... they'd smell ocean waves.

“Haaah... haaah...”

“Haarrrr... haarrr...”

“Nadine... heh... are you-- whoa!?”

She brought him in quickly, her legs wrapping around his waist while her lips crashed into his lips. Without hesitation she kissed her Master deeply and passionately, eyes closed and hums escaping her. Sebastian too clung back, kissing with as much desire and need. It all felt so very amazing, having blotted out their surroundings to leave only them.

Only them... and...

“M-M-Master?”

“Huh!?”

“Gahck!?”

He pulled away, eyes wide as his head swiveled over to the kitchen doorway, alerted by the sudden voice. His gaze however befell Larsine, a sight that had him relaxing... though his heart continued beating quickly.

“Larsine... aah... you should really warn me next time,” Sebastian said as he blushed sheepishly, “Heh heh...”

“Um... y-yes... uh...”

Her starlight eyes darted between Sebastian, Nadine, and their state of undress. The Blue Wyrm's sensual odor was strong in this area, and so too was Sebastian's. Larsine even looked to where they were connected, seeing the messy concoction of pussy juices and cum. They weren't even trying to hide what they were doing... and in the kitchen no less!

But above all... why did Nadine have to look so cat-like? Her sharp teeth in a grin, her blue eyes in a leering gaze, even the way her tail slithered was all so very feline in nature. These were movements she expected of Mylene, not her! What, were they both trying to taunt her with the fact that they've slept with their Master and she hasn't!?

“M-M-Mistress Rita and Master J-J-J-Jack are waiting for you in the rec room, Master Sebastian,” Larsine said.

“Oh... huh... oh dear...” Sebastian muttered, a sheepish chuckle leaving his lips.

By now, being discovered by another one of his drachenmagd whilst being intimate with one was becoming something of a common occurrence for young earl. Had he become careless with his sexual exploits? On the other hand, was there anything to even hide? They all knew what they were doing with him; why act like it's something shocking? Though, if it was his Aunt Rita that discovered him... yeah, that wouldn't be good.

“Heh heh... sorry about that, Larsine,” Sebastian said, still sheepish though he wasn't as bothered as he once would have been, “I'll be coming along shortly. Promise.”

Larsine nodded, her mouth opening to ask a follow up question, though she ultimately decided against it. Instead she bowed towards her Master, before turning to exit the kitchen. As she did so however, she could hear the lewd squelching noise of Sebastian pulling his cock out of Nadine's spent cunt, a noise and feeling that had the both of them shuddering. Larsine could even feel her breaths getting hotter, though she continued along until she stood outside of the room.

Thump...

The door closed shut behind her, the Valet continued shaking uncomfortably. Her eyes closed, thinking about the times she spied upon her Master. Mylene first, then the time she found him and Emiline in the same bed naked, Faline of course in the bookstore, and now Nadine. And, well, Sebastian and Carmeline had 'wrestled' in front of her statue, so might as well throw the Groundskeeper into that group as well.

Seriously, why did all her fellow drachenmagd wish to rub her face in the fact that they were sleeping with Sebastian and not her? At this rate, Adeline would taste from her Master before she got the chance to!

Eaarrrr!

“Ah, Larsine!”

“WAH!?”

She suddenly jolted up, turning around and looking at her Master as he emerged from the kitchen. He looked as if he hadn't just got done fucking the Kitchen Maid up upon the counter, save for the sea-breeze smell that left his body. Looking back at her, Sebastian was more concerned for Larsine than he was himself, following her sudden reaction.

“Is... something wrong, Larsine?”

“Haaah!? Hooh... n-no, Master!” said the Valet as she shook her head, “Nothing's wrong. Have you and Nadine... ahm... finished?”

“Of course, har har,” replied the Kitchen Maid as she leaned on the door's edge, her body still oozing sweat, while a sensual glint laid in her eyes, “Harraaaah... hooorraaaah... I'd never... horah... keep Master for too long... har har... aarrrhnn...”

Nadine's panting voice had Larsine stiffening, her hands even balling into fists. Yes, the Kitchen Maid was teasing her, just like Mylene! They both adored the feeling of mocking her, didn't they? Oh, Larsine'll get her chance! Maybe soon! Why, if she had just a few moments alone with the Kitchen Maid, she'd--

“Um... Larsine?” Sebastian said, drawing her eyes back to him, “My aunt and uncle, remember?”

“Oh... right... heh... right this way, Master.”

Okay. As much as it pained her to say this... yes, this damned lobster tail was probably the greatest thing she had ever eaten.

Rita was astonished something this good to exist. Every time her fork plunged into its juicy meat, bubbles oozed to the surface, as if begging to be devoured even more. As if the taste alone wasn't good enough, every bite only made her more addicted to its flavor! Look, she may be a baker, but she's no connoisseur of food! She doesn't fly around the world to dine at fancy restaurants! But even if she did, she had no doubts in her mind that this lobster tail alone would be better than any other lobster tail she could possibly have! It's like every minor detail of the meal had been perfected, whether it be its smell, its taste, hell, even the red sheen of the lobster's shell itself!

Pure... perfection...

“Mmmmfmffmfmfm!”

“Say it, Rita! You know it's true!”

“Mmmmfff! Mm-mm! Mm-mm!”

She shook her head left and right, trying with all her might to deny the pleasure she felt. Sure, a part of her had admitted to this meals superiority a long time ago, but she still wanted to fight against it! Nothing this perfect could possibly exist! Nothing! Nothing!

NOTHING!

“Is uh... she okay?” Mylene asked in a genuinely concerned manner, causing Jack to chuckle.

“Oh yeah! Rita gets like this when she has to admit she's wrong!” Jack replied with a lighthearted chuckle, “It's kinda her thing.”

“Ooooooh... nyeh heh!”

She really was a hardheaded woman, wasn't she? Kinda reminded the Parlor Maid of someone else. Looking at Rita in fact, she could see the resemblance she had to a certain someone who has dearly departed.

Ah yes, they shared the same nose, the same eyes, though Rita had more cute, rounded edges as oppose to the other woman's more angular face. Also, Rita had black hair, where as the other woman's hair was brown. And yet in spite of these differences, they were still so similar. Huh... at least Mylene could see where Sebastian got his cute, rounded features from.

“Aunt Rita, it's okay to admit the food is good,” a voice suddenly called from the rec room's entrance, causing everyone to look over at it.

There stood Sebastian, smiling at the two, and offering the perfect get out for Aunt Rita in this situation. Although, her completely empty plate made it rather obvious how much she enjoyed this meal.

“Sebastian!” she said excitedly as she hurried over to his side, “Are you okay? You're okay, right? Everything's fine? You aren't hurt, right? Right? Sniff... sniff... hm? You smell like seafood. Did you have lobster tail as well?”

That last remark really had Sebastian pushing back.

“Aunt Rita! Nmngnh! Y-you're holding too hard!” he exclaim as he tried to free himself from her grip.

“Oh! Right... heh! Sorry, Sebastian.”

Releasing him, Rita stepped back with a sheepish smile on her face, while once again taking a good look at her nephew. His stance, his voice; it all continued to throw the woman for a whirl. How had her demure and meek nephew transformed this much in such a short amount of time? It should be a good thing, right? Even she'd admit that he was far more impressive like this than the boy who left her. But it still carried with it this vibe that made it all feel so... wrong.

Why is that?

“Is something wrong, Aunt Rita?” Sebastian asked, sensing his aunt's uneasiness.

“What? No... no, nothing's wrong... I'm just... just...”

“She's just upset because your chef's cooking is so great!” his uncle replied with a hardy laugh.

“Jaaaaaack!” Rita growled back, though that didn't stop him from laughing even louder.

Upset and annoyed by her husband's words, she honestly wanted to walk over there and slap him silly for that. But Sebastian tugged gently on her hand, drawing her gaze back. Looking up at her nephew and into those brown eyes of his, she wondered how he could have become so courageous in such a short amount of time. Hmm...

“Aunt Rita, you look tired,” Sebastian commented as he cocked his head to one side, “Honestly, you and Uncle Jack both look like you could get some rest. Let me guess; the train ride wasn't the most comfortable?”

“Yeah... the drinks coulda been better,” Jack remarked, to which Rita rolled her eyes.

“But, Sebastian,” his aunt said, ignoring her husband, “It's still so early, and I really want to ask you a lot of questions.”

“Heh heh, look, you two deserve some time to relax,” Sebastian replied, “Why don't you just... you know, sleep for a little while? I promise, I'm not going anywhere, and Nadine'll have dinner ready by the time you two wake up.”

She opened her mouth, only to stop. She did feel a bit tired and sluggish, even if the lunch helped energize her a little bit. Flying, then riding on a train, then on the car, and now here with the whiplash she felt... it was all too much. Sebastian just looked and sounded so different, and the overall vibe she got from the estate and its maids were something else. Everything here felt majestic and amazing; far too much for the simple woman from Riverside.

And Sebastian... he just felt so different.

“I think,” Jack said as his hand suddenly fell on her shoulder, pulling her in close, “That Sebastian's right. We could use some rest, Rita...” he looked at her, “Right?”

Jack wasn't bothered by any of this. Honestly, he was rather jealous. This lavish life, these admittedly beautiful woman, and of course, that god-tier lobster tail; what he wouldn't do to have just a fraction of this! But in that envy, there was no hatred or malice directed at his nephew of course. It's just one of those weird, random things in life. Some people work hard and die for nothing, others have a rich-ass estranged father who dies and gives you the world!

It's funny how these things work!

Rita frowned, only to nod in agreement. Her husband was right, and really, if she did get some rest, maybe it would do her some good. Sebastian nodded too, before straightening up and pressing his lips to his aunt's cheek in a gentle kiss of affection. It shocked her.

Sebastian almost never kissed her like that. Not since he was a child, at least.

“Here, Larsine will lead you back to your room. I'll send her for you when dinner's ready as well.”

Rita nodded and Jack took her hand into his, holding it tightly. When they looked at Larsine, she bowed in their direction before ushering the two out of the room, with Sebastian lingering behind. He smiled as he watched his aunt and uncle leave, while Mylene walked up to his side.

“They're great people, really,” Sebastian said to his Parlor Maid.

“Oh yes, I can tell, Master!” she replied without a hint of jest, “Hmm... your Aunt Rita in particular... she reminds me of...”

“My mother?”

“Yes... she's the younger sister, right?”

He nodded.

“Yeah... she is...”

But unlike usual where bringing up his mother was a surefire way to make him upset, Sebastian instead smiled in a blissful manner. He then reached to his hip, pulling out his onyx stopwatch. For reasons he couldn't really explain, it had become almost imperative that kept his watch on his person at all times. He just really liked it a lot! But when he popped it top to read its time...

It was red sideways five o'clock. Wait... um... right, heh, 5:47. Riiiiight...

“Right this way; we're almost there!” Larsine said.

“Nnnghh! That bed was so nice! Heh! I'm looking forward to leaping on it again!” Jack grumbled whilst stretching his arms into the air.

“Right... uh-huh,” Rita said, though her tone was distant.

She followed behind her husband who followed behind Larsine, trekking through the endless halls of the estate near some windows. But even though she was physically here, Rita was practically in another world. Her mind swam with thoughts about her nephew, and the mysterious state of the Faust homestead. Her chest kept expanding, her cheeks too puffing up; it honestly made her look rather cute, even though that wasn't the intentions. Jack and Mylene didn't seem to notice... but someone did.

Snizzle snizzle snizzzle...

“Huh?”

Rita stopped as the noise of nails being filed echoed into her ears. Turning to face down an adjacent hall, she gazed down it to see...

Igrene.

There stood the the Head-Housemaid, alone in the hall as she filed her nails. Those green eyes of hers were locked square upon Rita, unflinching. It sent a shiver down her spine, wondering why Igrene looked at her in such a way. But the Head-Housemaid said nothing... instead...

Her eyes grew sharp like a reptile's. But it was so brief, Rita wasn't sure if she actually saw it. She blinked, and when her eyes reopened... Igrene was gone.

But that noise...

Snizzle snizzle snizzle...

It continued echoing into her ears.

“Rita? Something wrong?”

“N-no Jack... uh... hmm... I-I'm coming...”

7