Part II – Chapter 42: Zaraya
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zaraya

"Omega is the first and last stand between the mortal realm and the rest of the unknown universe. The deep dark maw that encampuses the everlasting spiritual, nether and the primordial realms where beings of spirit, chaos and primordial entities reside.

"As the closest planet to the spiritual realms, it is the most likely route for any creature from those parts of the universe to ever come towards us. Thus, as the first line of defence in case of something ever went wrong or when spirits descend to the mortal realm as they are known to do, Omega needs to be a powerhouse without equal in all the realm of creatures with physical bodies. And it is, it is a powerhouse.

"From the stories I gathered there the world was shaped into being by the Trinity itself but its true designer is the Universe. The world is alive like most powerful worlds are known to be but in a strange way that is completely unlike what we know of from Gaia, not sentient or sapient in a way we can understand but it's still awake.

"The size of the bloody planet is almost incomprehensible to the human imagination. I mean I've been there and I'm blessed with the 4D visualization skill of the psionic path but I still had a hard time putting everything into scale in my head. If you are to fully appreciate the size and majesty of Omega you have to have an inkling of the vastness of outer space and the galaxy at large."

"We are aware of some of the basics, Serus is an avid studier of astrology, astronomy and mathematica. Please speak freely expecting us to fully keep up with you." Aaka says to alley my worries, gesturing towards the scared old centaur that is also in the room.

I nod towards this Serus and continue with my description, though I know I can't really do it justice with just words.

"Omega is a mammoth of a world that I'm sure none of you has ever even imagined possible in all your wildest dreams, I know I hadn't before I got there. It is so big and so dense that it acts as the anchor of its solar system." I pause there to try to gauge how well they might understand that implication. A few people look surprised but some don't seem to get it but at least they will think about it.

"Seven stars revolve around Omega, think of that for a moment. Seven suns revolve around the planet at all times but every part of the planet still gets the sunless night a few times a year." I let them digest that a moment as I sip at my tea to clear my throat.

"How big are these suns you're talking about 'cause stars aren't equal by any measure."

The ever silent but always attentive Cyrus asks in a low senious voice that cuts through the room like a cold wind. Now I know why the man never talks, I think to myself as I watch the dark outline of hid silhouette in one of the only shaded corners in the entire room.

I use focused sight and see him for the first time since I've been here. His eyes are cloudy and hooded, chestnut in colour and quite pleasing to look at. His eyebrows slightly arched giving him a slightly displeased look, his skin tone honeyed ebony that looks too beautiful to be on a man, let alone a human man. He has high cheekbones and a chiselled jaw that accentuates just how attractive the man is.

His hair is black shaggy and unkempt falling on his forehead slightly but short at the back, not flowing past his neck at all. He stands at about 1.8 meters with a compact body with a narrow waist and calloused hands. He is in a raggy black cloak that seems to be billowing as though blown by the wind even in this windless room. His frown deepens as I see him and he sees me seeing him before blackness envelopes him like smoke and he disappears from the room leaving a lingering aura of cruelty and power that's almost like a taste at the back of my throat. I want him.

"To answer that question two of the stars that revolve around Omega are blue giants comparable in size to our own Rigel, which has an estimated radius of 105 million km. The other four are smaller dwarf stars that are more stable and less luminous, the last is a black hole.

"Each of these stars is always at some point in its revolution around Omega, only being eclipsed a few times a year by one of the other stars in its own revolution. The eclipses are beautiful I should add and great sources of power for witches and ritualists, no one fucks with witches on Omega or at least not without making sure the witch is dead along with its entire coven.

"A day on Omega is calculated by the amount of time it takes the world to revolve around its own axis, a year by how long the system takes to revolve around the centre of the galaxy. One of the suns revolving around the planet is referred to as The Black Sun, it's presence felt by the radiation storms and gravity fluctuations it leaves in its wake. But luckily the Black Sun is furthest from Omega and it's attractive forces mostly nullified by the grav of the other suns."

"That's the black hole you mentioned." Serus extrapolates correctly.

I nod in the affirmative. "That is the black hole I mentioned."

"So in comparison to a day on Gaia how long does it take the planet Omega to revolve around itself, how long is a day really?" Someone else asks I haven't caught his name yet so I can't really place him in the hierarchy of this place. But he must be imported to something to be here today.

"A day on Omega is very long, the fat planet takes about 10 Gaia days to finish a single revolution around its axis."

"So you're telling us that a thousand hours make up a day on Omega?" An incredulous short human asks from behind me. The glasses on his face to assist with sight tell me he is a mundane but the aura he portrays isn't simple.

"I mean more or less, time there moves differently so I can't really be sure when it comes to time, and the one Time Mage I met was a completely dangerous existence I tried to stay as far away from as I could while I was in Elantris."

"Don't mind the interruptions Zaraya, please continue," Sarah says with a hand on my arm again, I nod and continue.

"There are 64 tributary planets that revolve around the gravity field Omega projects. Some of them are stuck in orbits around one of the six stars but most of the habitable ones are satellites around Omega itself, acting as moons and homes for some of the creatures and power brokers of the world. Some of the most powerful species of creatures collect themselves and make homes in one of the 36 habitable planets orbiting Omega. Allowing immigration or refugees as they see fit and as the world allows, but by far the most individually powerful creatures are found on Omega."

"I think that is enough for a few hours at least," Sarah says standing up and pulling my arm so I stand with her. "Zaraya and I need to go get some shopping done so she gets to interact with more normal people for a while."

Arnold grunts and stands to leave, everyone else starts dispensing, thanking me for the information. Some in their own thoughts hardly noticing where they are going, I know it's a lot to take in but at least they are all getting this information from the comfort of a chair worlds removed from actually being there.

"You ready to visit one of the neighbouring peoples for some socializing and trading?" She asks me with a smile as she also pulls a mildly protesting Sisi with us towards the upper floors.

"How do you guys travel anyways, this place seemed so remote and isolated when I landed," I ask truly wondering how they build all this without leaving a noticeable trail through the forest.

"We ride of course," Sarah says before sending out a long ultrasonic sound wave, only perceptible to me because of my psionic ability.

"Ride what?"

And in just mere moments I get my answer as a snake the size of fucking alabaster tree slithers between the bushes smoothly, hardly displacing a leaf even with its prodigious size.

"Meet Stacy, I hope you two get along," Sarah says with a smile before hugging the face of the big long powerful creature which seems to lick her with its forked tongue. Yea, I'm definitely flying.

 

0