Chapter 24: Egg
1.9k 4 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
______

***
As Sokka held the [Random Egg] in his hands a notification appeared in front of his eyes.

[Do you want to hatch the Random Egg?]

[Yes//No]

The choice was obvious and the egg's shell started peeling away, and slowly a red fox's head peaked through.

Though the fox was cute and looked very fluffy, rubbing its head against Sokka's hand. Many others would be charmed by the fox and its cuteness, but he just grabbed the little creature by the back of its neck and brought it close to his face. 

The fox shook in fear as it saw Sokka's cold eyes. "You aren't just a normal fox, right? Because that would be bad… for you."

The little fox immediately shook its head in denial, trying to show that it wasn't weak.

"Good, good," Sokka smiled. "Because I never tasted fox soup. And I was kinda getting tired of fish."

The fox looked on fearfully and it made cute noises. Sokka though was like a buddha and his heart stood firm. "You better be some secretly strong guy or else…"

***
Katara and Aang followed the young earthbender that was causing all of that noise back to his residence. Which was a store with a woman handling the counter.

As they approved, they heard him speaking with his mother. At first, Katara and Aang are about to interfere when they suddenly feel someone grab their shoulders. Turning around they see Sokka… who now had a fox on his shoulder?

The new animal companion that he had surprised them a little. But by now they were used to Sokka doing weird things, and him getting a little fox as a pet in the middle of the forest wasn't that strange.

"Here you are my stupid little sister and friend. Did you ever stop and think that this might be a dangerous situation?" Sokka questioned them with a scary smile on his face. He didn't need them to start interfering in things like these. What Aang needed to be wasn't some brat sticking his nose into other people's business, but he must be seen as the Avatar.

Such a simple exchange would make the situation much easier and Sokka was willing to get himself involved here too as it would help him get some more soldiers for when the fateful day comes. These earthbenders would know the tyranny of the Fire Nation and would fight fiercely in war. And Sokka knew a lot of ways on how to rile these people up. After all, he knew some of the speeches from the greatest leaders in his past life and was ready to use that which would be a "fresh" and "new" speech in this world and not copied from anyone.

Getting up, Sokka took a deep breath and put the cute fox atop his head to make himself seem as harmless as could be. With that, he opened the shop door. "Excuse me, are there any earthbenders here?"

"N -No…" said the mother, scared that her son might have been caught. Even Haru seemed scared. He had met Aang and Katara already and they had seen him earthbend. That could have made them report it to the Fire Nation officials here. 

"Ah, sorry if I seem suspicious," Sokka spoke, his voice, face, and demeanor seemed very harmless. Though Haru and his mother still kept their guard up, unconsciously they were starting to see Sokka as harmless. "I am here to gather forces into the resistance to fight against our Fire Nation tyrants."

Haru felt a sense of excitement at those words, but he stopped himself and cautiously thought. - 'A resistance movement? I never heard of it. This could all be a ruse, better be careful. '

"Hahaha~ don't worry, we aren't here to cause trouble, we will release the prisoners first and then talk later," Sokka declared confidently. It almost made Haru and his mother want to believe him, but they knew that fighting against the Fire Nation was useless. Even if they defeated them today, new forces would come in tomorrow. 

But this was all within Sokka's predictions as he decided to give the final nail in the coffin. "Also, haven't I already mentioned… we have the Avatar!"

Sokka pulled Aang and brought the young boy next to him, the Airbender fidgeted nervously. He had heard Sokka's grandiose speech but wasn't sure he could deliver those kinds of promises, but Aang did as he was naturally thought to do by the monks… and that was to be nice. "Hi everybody, how is your day going?"

Immediately, Sokka's smile slipped off his face and grabbed Aang by the back of his clothes, and easily lifted him like a cat. "Well, leave the speeches to me from now on."

With that, Sokka went into what he would call 'politician mode' and made many extremely vague promises, but still within the realm of possibility. Would he keep those promises? Well, it depended on how convenient it was to keep them.

**
By the end of it, after he finished his speech, everyone except Katara was pumped up. She could see through her brother, and he was up to something, though she didn't know what yet.

"Anyway, now I will go and get captured, Aang, remember your part in the plan," and with that Sokka threw the little fox at Katara, she barely caught it, and its owner ran off.

"Wait… I had a part in the plan?" Aang was very confused, he looked at Sokka and saw him giving a confident thumbs up. 

"Good, use that confusion, it will help," Sokka remarked, as he went and found a Fire Nation soldier and did something that shocked Haru, his mother, Katara, and Aang. He just went and punched the soldier in the face. "Earthbending punch!"

Baam!

The soldier was knocked down and grasped at his nose as blood dripped out of his nose and sipped out of his fingers, painting the ground red. He shot a victorious smile and declared. "The Fire Nation will bow towards my earthbending!"

Soon he was surrounded by Fire Nation soldiers and quietly captured and ready to be shipped off to the prison rig offshore. 

Katara and Aang were left confused. None of them knew what the plan was or what to do in this situation. Honestly, while Sokka had spoken big words, none of them quite understood what he had said.

*** 
-Sokka POV-

Ah, the method of saying a thousand words but meaning nothing. This was something I had mastered in my past life as it was a useful social skill to have. Also, I had a literal Skill that helped me with this.

[<Acting> (Lvl 54) Makes you better at Acting, sometimes even people close to you can't tell the changes you go through.]

This was my highest Level skill that wasn't Max Level. So it said a lot about me. Even my Spear Mastery was nowhere near close to it. As I was dragged away by the soldiers, I looked at their red uniforms and tried to memorize each detail of it and even how they were worn.

Also, during cannon, the group wasted a lot of time here and I didn't want that. Instead of sleeping a night here and having Katara pretend to be an earthbender to get captured, I just needed to punch a guy.

"So, is it in your job resume that you guys have to act like villains?" I asked, trying to instigate a little chaos in their midst. When things became heated up, or the soldiers started thinking for themselves, it would plant a seed of doubt if their actions were right.

"Shut up! You Earth Kingdom scum!"

As expected, they won't kill me. After all, how else would they be able to keep the population suppressed? I doubt the Fire Nation wanted to fight a war on all fronts, so instead, they have colonized places and tried to keep the people they capture hostage to make the citizens helpless. The earthbending thing was mostly a ruse to give the people hope.

Not a bad strategy. But very poorly executed. 

*********
A/N: Today will be double updates too.

If you wanna join my Discord server to ask any questions or see character pics. Here it is the link:
https://discord.gg/gEar3V3sYF

71