Chapter 4 – Epsilon
822 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright, class, for today's activities, we're going to have a group work. This will be passed on Monday. Group yourselves to four," The teacher announced as he wrote the instructions in the blackboard in kanji.

"Write your names on a paper, and place it under this box," The teacher tapped on a small cardboard box. I seem to get the gist of the groupwork. it's most likely a presentation work of some sort of topic in our class.

I watched everyone seeming to group up with their closest friends. The cool group consists of a cool looking blonde girl, seeming to text on her phone, an ikemen, the most adored guy in class, and Ryuujin, and some shy girl with glasses and braids.

Another was a bunch of sporty guys who talk anything other than their current sports. There is also a girls-only group consisting of gyarus, having blonde hair, strangely fluffy socks, and tan skin. They don't seem to care about the entire topic and are instead talking much about their boyfriends and nail polish. I can smell their strong perfume from here, jeez.

A few guys and girls approached Hinagi with a strangely and friendly expression. The other guys blocked both Yoichi and me from their view as if trying to encircle her.

"Umm... Misaki-san, is it fine if you can join our group?" A girl in short brown hair asked.

"Ehhh? Umm... Well..."

"Come on, we're only three, we just need you to join us,"

"How about you join us instead?"

"No,"

The brown-haired girl held her hand out to Hinagi, and she looked at Yoichi for a bit. Yoichi couldn't even see her one bit because one guy completely blocked him.

"Oi, I can't see!" since Yoichi is in the corner, he had his whole view blocked in the front.

Hinagi accepted the offer, leaving the only ones left in the group-making session, just a bunch of nobodies and two otakus, one scrawny guy with glasses, a fat-looking nerd with short hair, and Yoichi.

The other group of nobodies had already made their own as well, making it only these guys left.

I don't want to associate myself with this guy at all. I don't want a dense guy and two nerdy-looking otakus to run this whole business.

"Ma'am, can I do this group work alone?" I asked my teacher as I raised my hand.

"No. This is a requirement. If you're doing this alone, you're getting a zero," the teacher rejected instantly and in a threatening manner. This raised the hairs of my skin after that.

Why am I grouped up with these people? Please, like, yeah, Yoichi is kind of average in these, but who the hell are these two? I have no choice but to stick with them.

I took out a paper, wrote our names, and placed it on the box, then we sat together in our circles and planned to make our upcoming groupwork.

"Hey, you heard of this anime, right? I bought the merch of this amazing waifu I have," the fat looking guy with glasses flexed his nendroid figure, which looked like a catgirl with short hair in a moe pose.

"Oh jeez, you're wasting so much money for that? Jokes on you, I already have the body pillow of her and I bought it last week," The other kid flexed it as he showed his body pillow picture on his phone.

Great, these guys just mind their own business. Yoichi and I just sat awkwardly beside the two that seemed to be engaged in their little game of who has the most waifus.

"Umm... About the tennis game, I congratulate you for winning against me," He complimented while making a smile.

"D-don't mention it. I was still getting rusty in that game anyway,"

"Umm... yeah, about that, you seemed to be a little too jumpy when we were there, what happened?"

"Oh, nothing. Anyways, about this project, how are we going to do it?" I'm not gonna say I want to beat this motherfucker to the ground. He might get the wrong idea.

"U-umm... Actually, I'm quite okay at speaking, will that be fine?"

"Yeah," I get it. You are decent at pretty much everything. That would make you at least a bit better than those two.

"Hey, you two! What are you whispering over there? Let us join!" The fat guy approached followed up with the scrawny kid.

"We were just talking about the stuff we are supposed to be doing. What are you guys planning anyway?" I asked.

"Look, how about we create our presentation and add our waifus in there. The power of our little cutesy moe Maya will capture the hearts of our audience with her appearance in the presentation," The fatty, probably his name is Himan Buta, and the other skinny scrub, Yoshikawa, finished their lines, then made some shounen anime friendship pose and held their fingers touching each other.

"No... I don't think you are capturing the right audience," Me and Yoichi muttered at the same time.

"Then what else are we gonna add?" He asked.

"I suggest you put your work on making it a bit presentable. I think that's good enough," Yoichi replied.

"Maybe add some theme? Like a minimalistic design, or maybe something fancy? I don't know," I added.

"Isn't our presentation something about environmental problems happening in our ecosystem? I don't think adding a waifu there would give them the right message," Yoichi thought.

"I think that would also destroy the entire presentation if adding a little character that you like. I would prefer it if we could make it clean. It would look weird if you just put your so-called Maya there. Wouldn't that make your image worse?" I asked.

It would make me look worse than now. I would be associated with these otakus. My image has already been shit from the start.

"But Moe is life! Moe made me happy. She cured my depression when I was down. You clearly didn't watch the entire anime and appreciate the series,"

"Yes, I did!"

"Then tell me what is your thought after Maya stood up from the brink of death after being beaten down by the great villain Zuko?"

"It was okay," I thought.

"Wah!?" The big fellow fell with his hand on his forehead like a dramatic girl, utterly shocked by my statement.

"It was okay," This had been running over the fatty's head, while the scrawny quiet kid tried to comfort him from his bizarrely depressed expression.

"You shouldn't talk much about Maya-san. She's the living, breathing goddess of anime, and she will forever be etched in my heart. You just made Shibo Buta feel sad now!"

"Do I give a shit, scrawny bitch?" The little guy with glasses fell on his face after I insulted his face.

"Itachi... You should chill," Yoichi pointed out.

"What? I said it was okay. The anime they're talking about isn't that much of an impact for me. What do you think of that anyway?" I asked. You probably just watched a few, don't you?

"U-umm... I think the girls are pretty and the storyline is great," He smiled as he made that compliment.

This guy is clearly lying. He didn't watch that weird spin-off anime that fulfills that spawns a giant fandom for the Fated, under the moonlight.

Animes in this weird manga have their weirdest spin-offs of the anime I watched previously. They don't exist as well, but they all sound the same to me.

Like yeah, it's cool to admire an anime and be a fan of it, but sometimes I think these guys are taking it too far. The best I had was just an anime profile pic in my gaming messenger app.

Now they keep thinking I'm just a degenerate afterward. I don't give a shit of that anyway. Got to separate from reality sometimes. Oh, wait... I'm in the weirdest reality for no reason.

"Well, are we done with the division of this work? You got anything to add?" I asked.

Can we still add our waifus?" Fatty nerd asked. With his cringy moe pose, as if replicating those moe girls that beg to the mc.

"No," I blatantly replied.

"Please! Maybe just a glimpse or a small cameo in the presentation?" He leaned his head forward while doing what an anime girl is supposed to do. Jesus, what kind of manga made this type of character in the story?

"Fine," I moved my head away from him. I don't want to see something like this in my dreams again. It hurts my eyes.

"O-oh! Arigatou! Haruto-sama!" He hugged me while the other scrawny kid just watched as the big guy rubbed his cheek on my shirt.

"Don't fucking do that! Your crumbs from whatever you ate are sticking to my shirt!" I pushed him off from me, but he overcame my strength due to his weight, and continued rubbing his cheek.

Meanwhile, Yoichi was watching Hinagi from a distance. She looked back at him, and made a cute smile then went back to discussing with her group.

Yoichi felt his heart warm for a bit after that, then looked back at his current group.

"I said get off me, man. I can smell your sweat spreading on my clothes. I just washed these last night!"

"Man, Haruto, you just changed suddenly ever since that new girl in class. When we last talked, you're like an entirely different person, which was middle class? What's going in your mind, huh?"

"T-that's... Ugh, forget it,"

"You into 3D girls now? Man, you probably had your head hit the night before she came to class,"

"W-well," I can't say that she's a 3D girl because I've seen her in two different dimensions already, and yes. I did hit my head somewhere during that night, which made me end up in this entirely weird manga that I got sucked up to.

"She's been with Yoichi too many times. How the hell did she lay her eyes on him in the first place?"

"I-I don't know," I lied.

"Buta, you should leave him. He's a 3D guy. We 2D girls lovers should separate from him," The scrawny kid said as he placed his weird pose.

"Yeah, we should not associate guys like you who gain interest with 3D girls," Buta struck a Jojo pose as well while looking at me.

I'm getting second-hand embarrassment from this. Why did these guys become like this to him?

"I don't give a shit, I can't just say I'm in this weird world as well?"

"Ohhh, you're the chuuni type guy, huh?"

"Say what you want, you won't believe me anyway,"

I looked behind, and Yoichi looked like he got the idea as well with his hand resting on his face while making a sigh.

"Time's up, class. Group discussion is over. get back to your seats," The teacher commanded and rang the call bell from her desk.

I went back to the back of the class then sat on my seat. The nerdy-looking fatty gazed his eyes on me, then made a smile, a wink, and a thumbs up then went back to his seat. Man that guy is really weird.

He went to his seat, whispered to the scrawny kid who is his seatmate, and then looked at my direction.

I don't know what is going on, but they seem skeptical when he looks at me.

Hinagi sat back to her seat between me, and Yoichi.

"Uh... Hinagi, why didn't you join with me, instead of them?" Yoichi asked.

"Ehh~? They asked me first, and we had already planned this out. I'm sorry, Yoichi-san" She awkwardly replied.

Beat it, Yoichi. That was just an unfortunate accident happening to you. Those groups of kids intended to block everyone just to bring the beautiful flower to their group.

The class bell rang, and we are finished with our subject.


Lunch break is up and a few students went out to their class to grab their food.

Hinagi brought her bento with her this time, and Yoichi as well...

Both of them brought out their food an opened their boxes.

Yoichi looked at the content's of her food, and it consists of a few vegetables on the side, cooked salmon on the right, and rice sprinkled with sesame seeds on top of it.

It really looked nutritious just from her contents of the food.

Yoichi on the other hand is a simple meal that consists of rice, scrambled eggs on the side, and chicken karaage. For a simple meal like that his food is still delicious in my point of view.

I'm too scared to show my own lunch box. In the first place, I never even had the effort to even make it as presentable at all. Yeah, I just cooked some egg with a bit of salt, and placed it in one side, then i have a large portion of plain rice. Marinated beef with some chopped cucumbers.

"Your bento is cute, Hinagi-chan,"

"Ehh? I made it myself,"

"Oh really? Who taught you how to cook?"

"My mother. She has been busy lately so I have to cook the food myself early morning,"

"Oh,"

"Y-you want to try some of it?" She looked away from Yoichi with a slight redness of her cheek.

"R-really? Your food looked like art. I don't think I want to-"

Hinagi placed a piece of salmon on her chopsticks in front of his mouth.

"Aaahh~" She opened her mouth gesturing the protagonist to eat her food.

"C-can I eat your food as well?" Aika popped out of nowhere, bringing her bento as well.

"E-eh? Where did you come from?" Hinagi, surprised by the sudden entrance of Aika that just appeared beside her.

"You guys were enjoying your food without me?" Aika smiled, with a bit of dark aura covering her face, sinisterly turning her head towards Yoichi.

Oh please, a while ago she just snuck through the door, creeping inside the classroom like Snake from Metal Gear Solid, then when I looked at her, she placed her finger on her lips, shushing on me. She made a little wink, which is not even intended to be cute.

Aaaaghhh! This bastard of a main character. Even though I'm not involved in their little circle, I'm getting strange little details that are never displayed in the manga at all. What the hell.

She sat beside Yoichi, and Hinagi, forming a circle together. She opened her bento showing the contents in an attractive presentation.

Carrots and cucumbers were cut in the shape of stars and hearts, rice wrapped in sesame seeds that looked like a tiny panda, and fried shrimps on the side.

"Those shrimps, can I take some as well?" Yoichi picked one of the fried shrimps from her lunch box then munched it while following up with rice.

Looking at the other side of the class, no one even cares at all, they were just minding their own circles as well. Which is kind of like what a bunch of close friends are.

I'm not used to eating food with chopsticks in this weird alternate universe. Should I use my hands? Oh, fuck. Never mind, I would look like a barbarian from this society. I guess I have to eat with the plate just near my face.

A large shadow blocked my front view while I was enjoying my little food. It was Buta, the fat nerd. Why did this guy approach me in the first place?

"Oi, Haruto-san, let me sit beside you,"

"What do you want this time? I already gave you my permission for our waifus,"

"No, that's not it. I just want to sit here. It makes me feel safe, you know?"

"Buta, we haven't even talked since the first day of class, and that was a month ago. Why are you sitting beside me? You got the other guy with you,"

"... Well,"

I remember Ryuujin asked the kid which gave him a nervous expression as the two left together.

"Not my problem,"

"Ohh... I see,"

A group of girls entered the classroom that looked like a bunch of delinquents with a flashy entrance.

One of the girls looked at Buta and me with a disgusted look.

"These otakus are gross, eww," One said while going back to the girls walking towards the group of Yoichi.

"Aika-san, you should be back in your class, why are you hanging out with this loser?" One of the girls that stood out is my classmate Fumiko Tsubasa, a girl with stylish blonde hair clipped on the left side of her hair and short bangs resting above her light eyebrows.

She looked like the most generic gyaru I've seen. The worst part is she had a pink lollipop in her mouth. Jeez, can this story just get those tropes out and make something original?

"Fumiko, I hate that 3D bitch. You know what she did to me last week?" Buta asked.

"Like I care,"

"She freaking humiliated me by reading out my little fanfiction of Yubi yubi Magical girl in front of her group of friends. They were laughing at me while disgusted at my looks. Just because I'm big-boned doesn't mean i'm fat,"

"Yeah, right,"

"Come on, get on my side, Haruto!"

"I'm not throwing a pity party with you. I have my problems as well,"

"Like, what?"

"I'm not telling you,"

"You really suck Haruto,"


"Pfft, let's go, she must have really low standards these days,"

"Hahahaha, yeah, look she's even hanging out with a loser,"

"He's my childhood friend! Why are you being so mean?"

"Suit yourself, weirdooo~,"

The girls made the sassiest walk while having the most generic mean girl laugh, then went back to their seats and continued rambling about their usual stuff, which totally does not sound like school rumors and boyfriends.

"Aika, Aren't your friends a bit too mean?"

"Haha, yeah... Don't mind them. They are just like that," Aika made an awkward laugh, which do not suit the aftermath of the situation.

"It's not like you have other friends anyway, Yoichi,"

"What, you're my childhood friend Aika. You said it yourself,"

"Aren't you guys really close?" Hinagi added.

"Y-yeah, Aika and I were playing in the playground one time, and she tripped over her own little sand house. She started crying after she noticed the rest fall like a domino,"

"That's so mean, Yoichi,"

"Then I joined her and rebuilt her sand house together, and it was bigger than what she built,"

"I'll forgive you for adding that up, but you were crying when a beetle creeped out of the door. You got so scared you tried to kick it away from your but ended up kicking the sand house we made. So it crumbled down, then you cried harder. It was really hilarious,"

The three laughed together while munching on each other's bento box.

Buta and I just listened to their story from afar and had the same disappointed facial expression while looking at each other.

"Sounds like the start of a harem lead's backstory chapter," Buta said.

"I couldn't say less. You said exactly what I had in mind,"

"If only I was in Yoichi's position,"

"Shut up, you're just a background character,"

"Okay mob,"

"They're the fucking same thing,"

"No they aren't!"


 

I headed back home, and made a huge sigh as I threw myself to my bed. The freaking groupwork is due tomorrow. I should create a group chat for the sake of this schoolwork.

Opening my messaging app, I created our group chat that consists of Buta, Yoichi, and... What's his name? Ah right, Yoshikawa.

"Hey... You guys already made the documents in the web so we can share our presentation?" I sent my chat to the GC.

...

...

...

...

Seen.

Reply for fuck sake, please.

(...)

"Yeah, just give me a minute," Yoshikawa replied.

'UwU.ppt has been sent'

"You guys know your parts, right?"

"Yeah,"

"Yes"

"Yoshh!"

I hope these guys are cooperative. I would probably ditch them out once they don't.

A few hours after giving the group as much information and research, they have to pick the parts and create the presentation for tomorrow.

"Alright, I did my part. Please finish yours as well, and Yoichi practice your parts for speech, and Yoshikawa bring your laptop tomorrow,"

"Alright, Haruto Senpai" Yoshikawa replied

"Senpai? What the-"

"You keep ordering us around," Buta added.

"You want to lead the group then?"

"I... I'm just kidding,"

"Cheers then,"

I hope that these guys are doing well with their work soon. I've done my part. Things will totally go smoothly tomorrow.


The next day

I woke up two hours earlier than usual. I just want to play a few games before going to school. It might help me enhance my sense in class. I've done the paperwork anyway.

First let me open the file for our work. Since I have given much information to these guys, they can pick up and create a very presentable and well-informed presentation.

...

Opening Moe.pdf

...

Holy smokes! What in the bloody hell is this sack of shit?

It looked like a kid made his first time using a PowerPoint. The texts are barely readable, the color schemes do not fit each other, and there are even out-of-place pictures of this guy's goddamn waifu. Worst, it's pasted on almost all pages.

I thought my own PowerPoint is shit just for using the most used templates in work which consists of mundane pictures and text. I can't believe that these guys are worse.

If he had become a graphics designer, he would have been fired by a kindergarten teacher.

I sighed for a bit and adjusted 'slightly' on the powerpoint.

What I mean by slightly, I mean the entire damn thing. I have to find a color scheme in this crappy powerpoint that may look decent and readable enough for the text to be clear.

These are all just copy-paste with no equal adjustment, making it look disorganized.

I don't know if I want to remove the moe waifu or whatever that guy had, but maybe just don't put it to the front of the page. It's blocking the entire thing. You're portraying her like she's the main focus of the presentation.

Placing that piece of waifu at the back, which can be seen but also a bit presentable, gave a huge drastic change. No, maybe just remove her... Actually, let's just make it like fifty percent opacity.

After readjusting and re-editing the entire thing, I checked my time, which took all the remaining time I had for my games. This really sucks so much.

I guess it's time to head to school.

 


On that same class

"Alright, class, I will be picking the groups from this box you placed yesterday. Whoever I pick will be the first to present,"

The whole class' atmosphere suddenly changed after the teacher stated.

It became tenser, and everyone looked like they were sweating.

"The first group who's going to present will be..." He placed his hand inside the box while circling it as if he was mixing the paper with his hand to make sure that it totally won't be "biased."

His arm raises up, increasing the tension of the class, hoping that they won't be picked first. It is as if this is a life-and-death situation.

"The third group!" The teacher announced.

I looked to my left, watching as Hinagi took a deep breath. I can hear the sound of her teeth chattering from here, and her legs are shaking. She stood up then walked forward while her current group set up for the presentation.

This is most likely the part where she's going to speak.

Her groupmates switched on the class TV, plugged in their laptop and opened their files.

Everyone has been mesmerized by her standing in front, noticing her beauty and slight movements of her. Her presence calms everyone's nervousness. I can tell that she is still shaking a bit from afar, but she looks like she's ready to explain.

As she takes another breath, she opens her mouth while the first part of the tv shows the intro of the topic.

"Air pollution. First, before we start the topic, we must understand what air pollution is," She explained in a calming, but steady tone.

She emphasized the main points of the topic while keeping it in a soft tone.

Everyone looked at her with awe, and with silence. Her beauty and speech clearly hypnotize the class. They weren't listening to whatever her topic is, but by her soft soothing voice.

Is this the power of Speech 100?

Though I can tell that her part is informative there are still some missing points not explained.

Her presentation is done, and everyone cheered and clapped like it's a theatrical play.

What kind of overly dramatic audience is this? She's literally just explaining what air pollution is. Why the hell are you clapping like she's about to get a Nobel Prize?

She bows then walked back to her seat, then turned her head towards Yoichi, looking at him with her head slightly tilted and her eyes looking a bit up to him.

"How's my presentation?" She asked.

"U-umm... It's really good,"

"Thanks, Yoichi..." She smiled.

She turned her head towards me, and asked the same thing.

"How should I say... It's okay? Maybe you missed a few points but overall kind of good,"

"You're no fun, Itachi..."

"I'm just telling the truth,"

"No wonder you have no friends..."

I'm not even surprised if that's how I am.

"Next group is last group!"

That's... That's us.

Yoichi holds his breath, realizing that he is up next. Hinagi cheered him up with a small clap.

"Ganbatte kudasai," She cheered him.

He stepped up to the front.

Yoshikawa took out his bag and zipped it open.

He pulled out his laptop. However it has been dripping wet, then the water pours down from his bag.

"Huhh? It's wet,"

"W-what the hell? How did it become like this, Yoshikawa?" Buta asked the scrawny kid.

"I-I don't know, and it's not turning on!" He pressed the power button countless times to no avail.

"What do you mean I don't know,"

"I... I forgot to close the water bottle before I went to school properly,"

"Y-you... You doomed us, Yoshi-kun, how are we supposed to explain this to our teacher?"

"I don't know! I don't really know, I can't just-"

"Should we just say we didn't do it?"

"N-no, we're going to get a zero if we're doing that,"

I can see you guys cowering in fear there.

"We're doomed!" Buta screamed.

"Where's the presentation? That's a big chunk of points needed for this work," The teacher asked.

"Etoo~ they're still setting it up, please wait," Yoichi politely replied, while his legs are trembling in fear, and his palms are sweating. He looked like he wants to piss himself.

Buta and Yoshikawa looked at me with a fear of impending doom written in their face.

These guys. Oh god, I'm clearly fucked from the start, after all. I should have known better. Why did this happen in the first place? How the hell did this happen?

"We're waiting, but we won't have enough time,"

All of my groupmates are looking at me with the same scared expression. I don't know what to say here. This fucking sucks. Why am I being blamed here? It's your fault that his laptop got soaked for no reason.

"U-umm.. Can I actually start without the pr-"

"Yes you may, but you and your group are not getting a perfect score after this,"

"I-I see... Alright, umm... M-my name is-"

The TV opens showing the intro of our presentation.

I almost forgot that computers and laptops are not the only ones used to connect on TV, phones can be used as well. I brought an HDMI connector for phones with me for this handy situation.

"Sorry for the technical difficulties. We can continue with our presentation," I announced.

Yoshikawa, Buta, and Yoichi's trembling expression suddenly changed from a seeping fog of darkness to the light of hope flashing in their faces. Their eyes are lit up like a candle under a dark cave. It's like their soul slowly rising above their body suddenly came back to them.

Do I really have to do everything?

Yoichi, delighted by my own action, had his chin up, and his pose suddenly changed from a slouched figure to his chest pumped up forward.

He looked way more confident right after that.

"Looks like we can start,"

Yoichi opened his mouth for his speech, threw out his tiny script, and recited much about the current topics.

He literally looked like an actual spokesperson explaining in detail of our current topic, and every single one he explained is on point, as if he became Phoenix Wright explaining a crime scene with his own creative insights.

I can feel my weight give away after that feeling. Buta and Yoshikawa were so happy that they felt so made up, and unconsciously took pride in their designs, even though I made some drastic changes a few hours before going to class.

"And because of our industry spewing out so much radioactive waste to the sea, do you think Japan would continue to become irresponsible from its action?" Yoichi ended the topic with an intriguing question.

That was quite a good explanation indeed. However, no one seems to care at all. Some were too anxious that they only kept thinking of how their own speaker from their groupmate would perform rather than hear such an intriguing speech made by Yoichi.

"I really like the question after the topic ended, you made some very good points and tried to poke holes on a few of the solutions made by our country, and overall really good. Your presentation however is able to point these out, and is made with little words but enhances your speech, although I doubt having a catgirl just beside every single page would make me take you seriously, but it would have been better if you don't create your presentation with distracting things," The teacher commented.

"A-arigatou!," Yoichi bowed.

"Next group!" The teacher announced.

I placed my phone back to my pocket and walked back to my seat. While I was tapping a bit to the back, I could see Buta with his tears falling like a waterfall.

"T-thank you, Haruto, you saved our lives," He cried.

Oh please, I saw the exact opposite scene of this in the manga. Yoichi and the other two were only grouped up, so you guys are the only one that consists of three people in the group. Buta was not able to lead appropriately with so much delay. Lack of cooperation within the group, and the worst part is Yoshikawa had his laptop wet, which is inevitable in the first place, ended as a result of all of you having your impending doom to happen. With such low self-esteem, the lack of presentation made Yoichi so down to earth in his speech like a deflated balloon losing his voice over time. He stuttered to the point that it is extremely distracting, which is a lot of deduction points in your confidence level as well. The whole group collapsed with second to the lowest grade of the class. I'm not getting a fucking low grade because these guys can't even compensate each other's weaknesses.

How did I even fixed their shit anyway?

As I sat on my seat, Yoichi felt so proud that it gave him so much confidence boost.

"Yoichi-kun, that was a really good speech. How did you manage that? You looked so nervous at first. What happened in the first part?" Hinagi, with such an enthusiastic voice, asked him.

"U-umm... There were a bit of technical difficulties, and I felt so nervous that I might die from a heart attack. I-if it weren't for Itachi-sama, my heart would not skip another beat,"

"Don't fucking thank me. Those guys fucked up in the first place. I don't even know why I'm grouped up with you and them in the first place,"

"You helped us when things went bad. I think that's cool about you,"

"Pfft... Fuck off,"

"You did really well, Yoichi..." Hinagi complimented.

The dense main protagonist blushed for a bit. I couldn't tell what expression she made from behind but I don't even want to care at this point.

Thist is not the outcome I intended. Yeah, it was sad that he got poor grades, which just made him sad, but it came to the point that Hinagi has to cheer him up after that, and the other two nerds had a bit of bad blood with them. This is just straying the story further.

"You didn't bring anything with you? No presentation, no speech, nothing? Can't even provide the information given to you? You are four! You have four brains to use, and you can't even do that?" The teacher, disappointed as the four girls, the same girls who looked down at Aika earlier were mad as they sat on their chair with their mouths zipped.

Now I remember. They are the ones with the lowest grade because none of them had done anything at all. It was in the background while these two guys were chatting.

The other groups performed their presentation and class has ended.

The group scores are given to the leaders, and as I received the score of our group.

"89/100"

This is already good, I think I understand why, but this is already high enough.

"Haruto-sama! What're our scores?" The fat nerd asked.

I blatantly showed the paper at him, and Yoichi approached as well.

Hinagi received the paper, and it seems that she looked like she took pride in her group's score.

"Hinagi-san, what's your score?"

She showed the paper and it showed a 95.

I don't even know how she got it, but oh well. She did well in the first place.

Yoichi made a big smile on his face while putting a thumbs up as he looked in my way as if treating me like a friend.

15