Chapter 10: Meet the Transferee Number Two
202 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My eyes… My brain…

 

I can feel my eyebags inflating by the second as I sit at my desk in class.

 

Whatever that game Yoichi showed me, can’t believe I finished an entire visual novel the night with all the endings done…

 

Where the hell can you actually get a bunch of endings from just one streamer who loves the internet so much…?

 

The class goes the usual everyday motion.

 

Otakus, Gals, sporties, nerds… They’re all acting the same like any other day…

 

Our homeroom teacher just swapped and it seems that Ms. Sakura has become our homeroom teacher… 

 

She walks lightly to the front and brought a clipboard with her. Her smile from the distance is so noticeable as if she’s excited to show up, and at the same time say something, you can see her motions from afar.

 

"Uh… Etoo..  I’ll be your homeroom teacher for today, and… also, t-there is a new student, and she just arrived today... So.. Come in, and introduce yourself," She raised her hand behind her head, though as if nervous to be a homeroom teacher.

 

Not gonna say that rotating teachers help students get along but I think there must be another reason

 

"Ehh...? Another new student in our class?" A few students gasped as they wonder who the new student is… They weren’t even interested at the fact that Ms. Sakura is the homeroom teacher…

 

Tch... Like another new student would ever change my perspective of this world…

 

A beautiful blonde girl walked slowly to the classroom. Her golden blonde hair is tied to a twintail and compared to the entrance of Misaki Hinagi, there is no wind blowing from across the classroom this time.

 

It just looks weird because her hair is not even flowing..

 

Trip...!

"Wahh~!"

 

She tripped over our classmate's chair, and she took more steps forward to counter-balance her center of gravity.

"Wa-wa-wa~!"

CRASH!

“That’s a clumsy girl, right there!” One of the classmates called.

 

The girl lies on the floor face first.

 

"S-stupid chair... now my entrance is ruined," She rubbed her head as the whole class left chuckles at her grand trip of the entrance…

 

“That’s fine, young lady… Just introduce yourself,” Ms. Sakura grabbed her hand and pulled her up, dusting off her clothes..

The strange blonde-haired girl stood upright, nodded, and looked in front of the class.

"I'm Sokabe Yuumi...! Please to meet you all... and... Please take care of me,"

She awkwardly smiled... Despite the ruined entrance, and yet, it caused everyone to actually like her.

“She’s… a foreign beauty…”

 

Where have I seen her?

 

"Your seat is over there at the back,"

"H-Hai,"

As she passes through the back side, everyone in class is stunned that there is another beauty in class…

She has a shining silky golden hair of course. That certainly stands out among the rest of the… casts.

 

That dazzling beauty of hers… Just for show… 

She passed through the back side, as quiet as possible.

As she arrived and look properly at his seatmate, who seems to be a mob… 

Yeah, that's me…

She immediately turned her head to the rest, and as she stared at this other guy, she squinted her eyes…

This other guy who seems to be sleeping, raised his head, looked up front, and...

Her pupils dilated...

"I-I-It's... You~!"

 

“Hah? You’re that guy~!”

Both of them look like two web-flinging superhero clones pointing at each other...

 

"You're that foreigner who was running across the streets like a maniac! "

"What? You were in my way and I almost got late!"

"Yeah but because of you, I got a bruise on my cheek!"

“Idiot! You could have moved a bit to the right then I wouldn’t have landed on you!”

“How am I supposed to know!?”

 

“S-Sokabe-san?”

"Y-You guys know each other?" 

"Huh? This plain-looking boy that looked like more of a plastic spoon? No! W-wha? H-Hinagi-san?"

"Yes... It's me..." 

"Hinagiiiii-saaaaan? You enrolled here too?"

The two girls arrived an held their hands and jumped with their legs up high.

 

"Where have you been since?"

“A trip around Shikoku and around Europe was amazing!

"Huh... You two were close?"

"H-Hinagi... Who is this plastic spoon, and why do you talk to him?"

"T-That's... Shimizu Yoichi,"

"The guy who tried to cope a feel when the breeze suddenly hit upward my skirt? You're friends with a perverted spoon?"

"N-No...? I-is this true, Shimizu...?"

"Nooo! I was closing my eyes and I raised my hand and suddenly I.. I felt... I..."

BAM!

Her fist connects to Yoichi’s face…

 

That’s another bruise added to Yoichi’s top injuries for today made by first contact with the Tsundere...

 

...

So...

It finally arrives...

Sokabe Yuumi...

This blonde twintailed hair with blue eyes... 

Honestly, to think she would finally arrive in this somehow intertwining fates of Gods’ bullshitery…

Now what… I haven’t even done any…

From the start as I looked at the two..

"Ehhh? The transferees are getting along with Shimizu? Must have been close friends,"

"So you've been trying to cope a feel too with Hinagi-san without me around, huh? D-don't worry... This plain boy will be out of your sights now that I'm here,"

"B-But, he's..."

"Shush..."

She approaches Hinagi and hugs her..

"Your old friend is here, he won't have to-"

"He's a friend who showed me around... There's no-"

"He's catching glimpses and must have been thinking of other things about you. Y-Your big..."

She looked at her chest... It's not as big as her but... It's medium if you look at it in any way.

"P-pears...!"

...

I really didn't need to interefere here as the two just seem to ramble off something off about how they were good childhood friends.

Man…

Yuumi turned back to Yoichi and stood up front to him and pointed her finger close to his face.

"D-Don't get the right idea... You bumped to me and started feeling... There weren't any places to go so I have to jump... I was running late after all!”

 

“Then you could have just gone here earlier!”

 

“I woke up five minutes before class starts! I just moved in yesterday!”

...

 

It's not close but… That's an actual Tsundere!

Welcome to hard mode.

 


 

 

A few people approached the new transferee...

 

Though the blonde-twintail does get along with the few classmates, she's stick close to Hinagi the entire time.

 

 

...

 

"Ehh...? B-baka! You really think that plain white bread might be the reason why yuo’re here?"

 

"N-no... Yoichi has been helpful and kind to me when he showed me around the school,"

 

"Hmph... I'm still not convinced that you'll actually be around this guy. I can tell from a glance that he's..."

 

"Hello~! Yoichi! You got any- Who... Who's that?"

 

"Oh, Aika-chan? It's a new transferee, Y-Yami..."

 

BONK!

 

"It's Yuumi! Sokabe Yuumi~! You got it? I can't believe you screwed up my name already from the start,"

 

She gave Yoichi a punch on the head...

 

"... Eh... Already close with another girl...? And it's just her first day?"

 

"H-Huh? She's close with Hinagi... They were both-"

 

"If you are busy having fun with beautiful girls... Hmph...! Okay then... You don't have to spend time with me today... Come on, Itachi~! Let's go,"

 

Hey! What the...

 

She approached me and grabbed me by the forearm and brought me outside.

 

Aika dragged me all the way to the sliding door...

 

"Tch... Stupid Yoi... Let's go to the rooftop. I need to take a break from him!"

 

We both walked to the nearby stairs leading to the rooftop.

 

 

 

"Let's keep going so they won't see us..."

 

...

 

We arrived to the rooftop of Kiseki High...

 

One of the best place to go where no one is totally around.

 

Aika and I just looked over the urban buildings of the city.

 

The city landscape shown in the rooftop captures the essence of what an urban area of Japan looks…

 

“Beautiful.."

 

Aika exclaims as  stares at the horizon, her eyes sparkle as she looks over the sea port just a few kilometers over.

 

The wind blows at noon as we walked around the spacious building...

 

“It's really... really nice up here… But can I just ask the elephant in the room?” 

 

“Hmm..?”

 

“ Is there a reason why we should be up here?"

 

"Baka? Yoichi really doesn't understand a girl when she sees two beautiful girls together with him. Of course there is!"

 

"Yeah, but why did you drag me here?"

 

"Pfft... Who else?"

 

"I don't know... Your classmates?"

 

"I'm part of their class, that's true, but... It's as if I don't belong there. Everyone in that classroom are close friends too but Yoichi and the rest are in the other class. It's... Frustrating..."

 

"I'm also in the other class too... How about your club? Aren't you close with any of your clubmates too?"

 

"Eh...? I do practice with them a lot, and it's great to be with them... But... They don't resonate with me,"

 

"Well, your skills are great, but.. You can’t be that close to those in your club?,"

 

"Compared to them, I... I'm still a novice. I always wanted to prove that I’m doing my best… Though there’s this one time… My senpais did try to confess to me, but I straight up refused... All I think was... him..."

 

"Him...?"

 

"You know who..."

 

"Tch... Of course, it's your childhood friend. Isn't it?"

 

She nodded silently as she tucks herself and sat on the floor.

 

"Can't you just straight up tell him anything? Like how you feel?"

 

" W... What? Are you crazy!?  Don't you think it's funny how he can just suddenly just bring a girl... two beautiful girls!?”

 

"You didn't even talk to them yet. Aren't you getting the wrong idea?"

 

"Hinagi... She's a great friend, but I think of her more that she might be... I don't know," She shakes her head as she looks back to the horizon…

 

"Well... You know she's really a bit close to him after all... But the other girl she just freaking transferred. Why get so uppity all of a sudden?"

 

"Ehhh?"

 

She looked away at me in embarrassment.

 

I may know the outcome that she's the losing childhood friend.

 

But with just common sense, isn't it obvious that she's just a new girl who probably was just Hinagi’s old friend? 

 

...

 

I don't want to associate myself with that girl anyway. I'm not too fond of tsunderes...

 

...

 

 

"Look, she's just a transferee, I don't know why you're suddenly acting up like this... At least for now, cool down..." 

 

"C-Cool down?"

 

"Yeah... I guess…,"

 

She stared at me, right through my soul, processing exactly what I said in five seconds of silence.

 

 

..

 

"Tch... That's so weird of you to say that! Normally you'd be mad and you'll probably say, nah that guy is a douche... I don't care... but this... What are you even trying to say?"

 

"I'm just saying just cool down and talk to them... I'm not the one who's involved here after all..."

 

...

 

"Tch! You're not helping either... You're saying I'll calm down and let myself sit here and get a clear mind?"

 

"Well, talk to the rest... You know him more than them after all. So why?"

 

"You don't have any friends... S-save for some weird otakus, but you're saying this as if you know them!"

 

"... Instinct... I guess?” I hesitantly answered.

 

“Hmph… I’m going back down,”

 

"Hey… Is that it? You’re just going up here to talk something like that?”

 

“Thanks for your useless advise, Harutooo… Hmph!”

 

She goes back downstairs with her tapping echoing across the stairways…

 

What an impulsive girl…

 

No wonder you’re a losing heroine… Nothing can be done when she just doesn’t talk about how she feels… Stupid childhood friend.

 

 

I sit on the floor as I feel the wind blow again… 

 

It still feels more like a dream despite having the wind blow to my face…

 

I better get back or she’ll probably destroy the upcoming sequence of the story…

 

 

I don’t think there is honestly… I broke the entire events and now I’m on my own…

 

...!!!

 

I hear voices echoing through the stairs…

 

I instinctively hid behind the tiny shed, just near the stairs.

 

Though it’s the only best place to hide, I have no choice but there.

 

 

It’s cramped too…

 

I leaned my back, trying my best not to expose myself from their view.

 

 I hear sounds of a girl chuckling, and three familiar voices… 

 

"I... I swear I didn't do it! You got the wrong person," The voice of a classmate, I know…

 

Shibo Buta?

 

"Who the fuck else would do this, huh?"

 

"I bet you placed those insects so we can take off our clothes, huh? You pervert!" 

 

"N-no! I have never done that thing in my life!"

 

THUMP!

 

A sound of a thump is heard through the door.

 

"Stop acting like you're innocent, dumbass. We know it's you," 

 

“Why would I do that? I’m not the one who like a bunch of 3D girls that look more like a wet cotton candy,”

 

“R-Ryuujin~! He’s insulting my hair~!” The girl’s voice too… Fumiko? Aika’s bully…?

 

“Oi, you’re talking smack about my girlfriend you fat lump of dirtbag?”

 

“No i’m not! I-I-I-I’m just describing what a gyaru is… I don’t want to-”

 

Bffp!

 

“Gahh!”

 

“M-my belly!”

 

“Unlike that twerp, yours feel fluffier to hit with… That’s actually great!”

“Oi, Okanashi… Check this out, I learned how to kick better lately…”

 

BAM!!!

 

“Ghhh…”

 

He lowers his body as he felt the sudden burst of air exhaling out of his stomach.

 

“Wahhh? S-so strong~” Fumiko claps like an entertained girlfriend. 

 

 It felt more forced than I thought it would be…

 

“Hmph… If you just stood still, it would have hurt less,”

 

“Oi, Ryuujin look at this…!” The big guy placed his hand around Buta’s pockets.

 

Rummage… Rustle…

 

“Hey, what are you doing? Stop grabbing things in my pocket!”

 

"Oh hoh? What's this? Another one of your shitty little writing again?" He pulled out a small leather notebook journal..

 

"Let me see! Let me see!"

 

"Hey, give that back!"

 

"The moonlight shines under the cold,starry night as Kagawa rushes through the blazing wind with her raging fury. Ahahahaha! What's this, you creating some weird twisted fantasy of your stupid little fictional girl again?" Ryuujin laughs uncontrollably as he reads through his notebook.

 

"Let me read the next one.... Ah... Onii-chan, stop! Your giant sword sheath is so big, it can't fit in my pocket," Okanashi tried to mimic but it sounds so freaking weird with his deep voice…

 

“Dude, your voice fucking sucks! Don’t read the best part…!”

 

"Hahahaha.... wait, where is it.... Don't worry Kagawa, I will protect you from those monsters. They may be impossible to beat, but with your love, I can defeat them... Pffft.."

 

The muffled chuckles and a faint voice that sounds like he is breaking to tears fill the door.

 

"Awww, you're crying... You want it back? Here,"

 

Papers fumbled and the sound of crumpling is heard.

 

"Hey! W-what are you doing?"

 

Click..! Click…!

 

Fwoop!

 

Something smells like burning…

 

"Hurry up, or else you won't get all of it,"

 

The faint smell of burned paper whiffed behind the door, and the sound of more papers fumbling as the sound of a desperate weeping voice of a grown teenager is heard.

 

“Hahahaha~!”

 

“It may not be him, but he’s fun to hit…”

 

“Fumiko, did you even capture how I kicked him?”

 

“Ehh~? I forgot to record it. You boys keep playing rough with those nerds…”

 

“Bah… Never mind, let’s just skip afternoon class…”

 

 

A rhythm of footsteps are heard louder and louder inching closer to the door..

 

“Noooo! My fanfiction I’ve been writing for days and days!” Buta sniffled as he gathers all in disarray, with a few remaining piles of paper turning to ashes.

 

Sniff…!

 

Buta’s voice from the distance as he picks up the last few recovering bits and placed all of it in his pocket and walked back downstairs, closing the door leading from the rooftop.

 

 

I… I have to do something about this…

 

Or else, they might get hurt.


 

Riing~!

 

“I-I’m going home now…!”

 

“M-Me too, we don’t have practice too… Tsk… You could’ve said she was a new transferee who’s a friend of Hinagi! Youuuu~” Aika smacks Yoichi’s back as she looked behind leaving the two girls with me…

 

They looked back and Kosabe Yuumi just looked at Hinagi with a happy face.

 

“Aaahh~ You already have a lot of friends, already but your standards sooo low! He’s a plastic spoon. Plain white bread. Bond paper!”

 

W-What are you saying? H-He’s just my friend and a classmate,”

 

“Really? I bet he’s ‘kind’ to you… isn’t he?”

 

Hinagi nodded, oblivious to the traits he said.

 

“Y-You… You have a harem female lead syndrome! Are you alright? Did you read too much manga? What are you even doing hanging out with him…!”

 

“I-It’s none of your business! He’s just a f-friend! 

He’s someone I… I used to know… back when we were…”

 

She turns her head away from Kosabe Yuumi.

 

“Ahhh… I see, you must have seen him back when you were kids, weren’t you? What… You have any  pendant, a promise, or anything? You notice any features that he has you remembered…?”

 

She shakes her head, leaving her hair to sway left to right…

 

Pendant… Where did I last hear that?

 

 

That’s quite weird coming from a tsundere to say these things…

 

“Um… You guys are just enjoying your talk over there?”

 

Both of them turned their head towards me as I lay there wondering if they really are just ignoring me, or if they have no sense of space even to bother me.

 

“Ah… H-Haruto?” Hinagi called me.

 

Yuumi, though looks unfazed, she has a face of someone that thinks that she’s higher than me…

 

Right… I’m sure she also has of superiority complex…

“Hinagi-san… W-who’s that?”

 

“T-That’s Haruto Itachi… My friend too and my seatmate,”

 

“Hmph… Don’t tell me you’re not a harem female lead… But a reverse harem protagonist too!? And what is with this cast? He looks like a wimp, and the other is a plastic spoon! How low is your standards?” 

 

“What a great way to actually insult everyone…” I shrugged.

 

“Shut up! You insignificant guy… Your hair looks like a mushroom!”

 

“Your personality revolves around liking people then physically violating from a glance. Your twintail blonde hair looks so generic that I can name ten more girls who look like you…”

 

“H-Hinagi… He’s hurting me…”

 

“That’s expected… He’s friends with Shimizu-san too,”

 

“Ehhh…? N-No way! Don’t tell me you’re probably the perverted best friend of him, and you asked him about Hinagi’s three sizes the other day? I thought I  overheard some mushroom guy talking to… It was you!”

 

“N-No…? T-That wasn’t me… At all~!”

 

Damn, I shouldn’t have asked Yoichi yesterday… Why did it happen to be Yuumi of all people in that place?

 

“What’s with the stutter..!?”

 

“I tend to stutter sometimes when you say the weirdest accusations,”

 

“Oh, so you’re saying that it’s actually true, eh?” She cracks her fingers as she slowly walks up front of Hinagi.

 

I don’t want to become a punching bag… At all…

 

Especially from a tsundere.

 

I must…

 

I must fight for myself!

 

I rummaged through my pocket, and I felt something plsticky..

 

Pulling it out, it was Hinagi’s extra spicy homemade candy..

 

I grasped it in my fist, and hid it in front as Yuumi slowly walks up and approach me… menacingly.

 

I approached her too with my fist down, and stepped forward, while she walks parallel to me in the most bombastic pose.

 

“You’ll pay for this, you stupi-”

 

Three points for Hinagi’s super minty candy throw!

GULP…!

 

 

 

 

She stood still, processing whatever just landed inside her mouth…

 

Her face starts to turn red, her eyes gets wider, and her body is starting to shake.

 

“Aaaahhhh~ I-It’s so spicyyy!!!”  Kosabe Yuumi immediately runs to the nearest faucet and rinses her mouth…

“It’s worse! It hurts more~!” She spat out the candy and wiped her tongue off with her handkerchief…

 

“W-W-what was that, Haruto…?”

 

“Oh..? This..” I held the candy wrapper to her…

 

She turns her head away from me.

 

That’s weird…

 

She holds her mouth, twitching as if she’s trying to hold herself from something.

 

“Hinagi… Are you alri-”

 

“Ahahahaha~!” She chuckled as her tears come down from her eyes… 

 

Her usual cute innocent laugh isn’t what I thought it would sound like.

 

Her laugh sounds like a dying hyena…

 

Anyone in class who’d heard her laugh like that might change their opinion about her.

 

“What’s so funny… Hinagi…”

 

“Haah~, To think Haruto would use my homemade candy bomb to Yuumi-chan… That’s so…” She laughed uncontrollably to the point she starts coughing like a chipmunk

 

“Ehhh? Hinagi-san! I… I thought we’re childhood friends too… Why are you on his side?”

 

Sigh…

 

“I haven’t had an introduction with an old friend to a new friend like that before…”

 

“Hinagiii~!!! You really aren’t the innocent kid I remember playing with before!”

 

“Oh, don’t worry… There are more things I want to show to you anyway… Let’s go to the park, my ride is taking a while to arrive…”

 

“Mmphh… I can just call my rider so he can drop you to your place… Just like back then,”

 

“No no… I can’t, they’ll be here soon…”

 


 

As we walk to a nearby park that’s a few streets ahead of the school…

 

Just the three of us walking down the grassy path…

 

They talked more about how much they miss their childhood days and their life…

 

“Haaah~! Travelling aroud Europe was great after I stayed in a rural village for so long~” Yuumi recalls her past.

 

“Hmm…? Where did you get enough money even to travel around?”

 

“My distant father came to the village after finding a job in the city, and so I did join up with him. He brought me around Europe, then for a few years I went back to the village… I asked dad if we can just find a high school to go in the city near his work for both of us…”

 

Hinagi’s eyes sparked…

 

“To think that you came from three different places and finally get to settle here in the city!”

 

“Hahaha~! My father is a great businessman, so he’s able to buy a mansion on the spot!”

 

 

The tsundere… has a princess syndrome too…

 

I just became a third wheel again in every single situation…!

 

First, it’s between Yoichi and Aika…

 

Now with Yuumi and Hinagi, I’m not even gonna say it’s the same thing…

 

First one are childhood friends…  Second… They’re childhood friends too!

 

Is this what it likes to have no friends with a bunch of people who get along together since they were kids?

 

Boy, I wish I have childhood friends that I can talk to about the past, too…

 

“...right? Haruto-san?” Hinagi asked me all of a sudden.

 

 

“What?”

 

“I didn’t hear anything,”

 

“You could have just overheard anything…”

 

We sat on the bench as the other bystanders walk by…

 

A few of them stared at us before they continued walking along…

 

Two beauties,

 

A blonde twin-tailed girl, and the black-haired rose…

 

Kosabe Yuumi, and Misaki Hinagi just sit beside each other while I’m on the other end…

 

At least it’s safe to say, that I’m not in the middle…

 

Which is both bad and good in anyone’s perspective.

 

Good in a way that I’m not going to be labeled as a lucky perv..

 

Bad that I’m not a lucky perv…

 

 

As the two happily talked much about being nostalgic and something about how they missed the past, in the distance, there I see..

 

!!!

 

Two suspicious looking men just a few meters ahead near the bush…

 

Tch..

 

Really?

 

In this park..?

 

One is a short young shady-looking guy wearing an oversized shirt, a top bonnet, and his cigarette in his mouth…

 

The other is a tall bald man with a goatee beard, his clear eyeglasses, staring maliciously to us, as if he wants us dead.

 

 

As they approached the bench, one of them came up to us…

 

All of us glanced at them, who seems to attempt to do something at us.

 

“Hey… You two beauties are cute.. I need some sp--”

 

WHAM!!!

 

“Don’t come close to my friend, you shady-looking weirdo!” Yuumi raised her leg to the guy in a bonnet

 

Yuumi and Hinagi glanced at the two, who seems to surround them a bit…

 

“T-This woman… Why the fuck did you hit me you bitch…!”

 

“You’re going to ask one of us to go some shady place and pr- probably do some weird things to us!”

 

“Are you out of your head? We’re just asking for change?”

 

“Hmph.. Either way, you tried to interact with my childhood friend. Now get…”

 

Yuumi raises her leg, winding up her next upcoming attack…

 

“HEY! Stop stop stop… That girl is just crazy! S-Sorry for the freaking misunderstanding, I’ll just…”

 

I grabbed a few changes in my pocket, and placed it on his hand.

“T-This is just five hundred yen… I asked for spare change, yo!”

 

“H-Haruto? You coward! You’re actually just going to lay your head down and pay them up?”

 

“Are you freaking stupid, you airheaded tsundere? Those two are homeless guys who walk around these parks!”

 

Yuumi paused for a second.

 

“H-Huh~?”

 

She covered her face and looked away from the three of us, while smoke comes out of her head like small steam engine

 

Hinagi on the other hand peeked behind Yuumi as she wondered how the hell did this situation happened..?

 

“T-Thank you, young sir… You should’ve control your friends… Especially that woman over there that kicked my friend,” The bald man remarked as he pointed at the mischievous woman.

 

“Um… S-Sorry about that, mister… H-here, we’ll just forget about this incident, alright?” Hinagi approached the homeless person, and casually gave him, five thousand yen…

 

His eyes widen, and stared at Hinagi in disbelief…

 

“L-Look, I don’t think I deserve this much money to begin with… Just a spare change is-”

 

“It’s fine, you can use it to pay for your injury, and you won’t have to bother us again,” She smiles as she waves her hand..

“But you’re giving us way too much…” The bald man’s condescending voice replied.

“We’re really serious… Just please take it, no need to give it back,” Hinagi answered with sweat dropping on her forehead.

 

The two people stared at each other with a thought of consideration…

 

The young guy nodded, and the bald man nodded back too.

 

“Thanks, young ladies, and the guy. Don’t go kicking around homeless people,”

 

Those two left though with cash in their hands, things honestly could have gone worse…

 

“ Mista Shiro! You hear that? We’re splitting the money, we get some decent food for the week, yo!”

 

Yuumi is left stunned as she watches the two casually leave the park and approach a nearby ramen shop…

 

I… I am also in disbelief in what she has done.

 

“B-B-But… They look shady, and they might-”

 

“It’s okay, Yuumi… Not everyone who looks like they’re about to grab someone becomes like that…” Hinagi pats Yuumi’s head like a little golden labrador that’s ashamed of its own actions.

 

“Good thing you got this under control… Haruto,” Hinagi lets out a wink and a thumbs up while she comforts Yuumi who seems to have her head smoking in embarrassment.

 

“Hinagii-chan, don’t pat me like that… I’m so… Uwaaaaahhh~! I’m sorry~”

 

“You’ll get used to the city. Once you know the people around, hehe~”

 

Since when did Hinagi…

 

Huh?

 

Hinagi slowly came up to me and whispered to me…

 

“Oi, since when have you noticed that they aren’t that much of a bad guy…”

 

“You can’t just think that two guys come up to us and would suddenly ask you to go with them, right?”

 

“Maybe…?”

 

“Their clothes aren’t even washed… The old man doesn’t even look like he even wanted us, they would have planned it out at any point, but…”

 

“M-Makes sense… I guess you have the street smarts too… Well, I’ll take your advise…” Hinagi nodded

 

Vroom…!

 

Beep beep…

 

Both the black limo, and the white classic beetle car arrived at the park.

 

“Ah, they’ve arrived… A bit late,” Hinagi said as she saw her vehicle just parked right outside the park.

 

“Ms. Misaki,”

 

A man in a French butler outfit steps out as he welcomes Hinagi to the car.

 

 

“Young lady Yuumi Schteiner, Kosabe…”

 

A man dressed in traditional samurai outfit arrives out of the white Volkswagen beetle…

 

W-W-What the hell is this?

 

A man with a French style butler outfit driving a limo… She’s like a freaking daughter of some CEO of a corporation…

 

The other man in samurai outfit is driving a 20th century German beetle around… The steering wheel is even in the left side… They imported the car right here in Japa…

 

What kind of rich bullshit do these two have?

 

Sniffle…!

 

“Young lady, Yuumi Schteiner Kosabe!”

 

“Don’t go pronouncing my middle name when you see me!”

 

“Why are you crying?”

 

“You old man over there… Did you do this to lady Yuumi?” The old man dressed in traditional outfit pointed his hand out to the butler.

 

“Certainly not, monsieur… Neither I, nor Ms. Hinagi wouldn’t do such a thing to young miss over there…”

 

Both men do a staredown…

 

I can feel their stares starting to cut through the atmosphere.

 

“Why is young last crying then…?”

 

“With all due respect, I just arrived, and have nothing to do with thi-”

 

“Hey, hey, hey… Enough! Enough… she made a mistake, and she reflected on her action that’s why she’s crying…” I intervened…

 

“What?” The man in traditional outfit raises his eyebrow.

 

“Long story short, she kicked a homeless person, and I reprimanded her…!”

 

“I-Is this true, young lady? You would never do something as vile as that…”

 

Yuumi looked at his old man, her sore red eyes start to tear up again…

 

“Aww… Did lady Yuumi finally get to have good friends? That’s great…” He approached her and gave her a hug, 

 

“Nooo~ it was just a mistake.. I’m really sorry~!”

 

“It’s alright… I will forgive you if you don’t do it again…”

 

“Uwaaaaaahh~!”

 

…….

 

I shook my head and just straight up left…

 

This entire world’s logic is so twisted I’d rather walk up to the middle of the road and let Truck-kun do all the work for me…

 


 

The house…

 

My house…

 

I sit on the corner as I laugh at myself…

 

Like an idiot I am…

 

I forgot who I was dealing with…

 

It’s not Kosabe Yuumi… she’s part of the harem… the bigger problem…

 

Those guys… I almost forgot about them…

 

 

Ahahaha…

 

I don’t even know what I’m going to do…

 

Should I just let it happen..?

 

It’s not me who owns all those past mistakes after all, right?

 

After all, this is Haruto Itachi’s past… Not mine…

 

Okanashi… I.. I don’t want to deal with them…

 

 

SMACK!

 

WHAM! 

 

BASH!

 

“Hehehe…”

 

I recalled the pain I felt during all the confusion… 

 

All of the memories came back to me again as I tried my best to suppress it..

 

They’re not mine! They’re not mine! They’re…

 

Sniff…

 

I can find a way… Right?

 

There must be…

 

.

I’ll do this my way…

8