Chapter 12: Umm I’m just an Average High School Guy
441 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Shimizu Yoichi.

I'm just an average high school guy, and my life is pretty average.

I’m just a teenager who has quite an average life experience.

Usually, I don’t have a lot of friends, but, now in Kiseki High, as a first year, my life is quite getting a turn. I really don’t want to say it, but Aika-chan, my childhood friend has helped me go through my mundane days.

 

It gets lonely here when Hana onee-san is not around, but it's also a relief to not clean the entire living room that reeks of alcohol.

Tsk... She is really lazy everyday, I have to cook the food for myself in the morning and for her.

Despite her being a college student, I don't get how she is lazy right after high school. What is she doing that made her reach to that state?

She's been staying in that college friend's house in a while. I don't know where that is, but as long as she comes home safe... I'll be fine.

Nee-san would even wake up with bags in her eyes, pale skin, and her messy long hair falling down her face. I almost thought Sadako got out of her TV just to grab a coffee.

Oh well... At least I'm happy she's enjoying her one-week stay in that place.

Readying my bags, I am set for school.

After all, my life in this new high school is motivating me more.

I don't have any goals, though, but at least I'm happy to help anyone.

As I exit the door, I locked the door with a click from my key.

Tap... tap... tap...

"Yoichiiii~!"

"Aika-chan!"

My childhood friend...

She always like to walk together with me, and it does kind of get annoying sometimes to bump into me every time she sees me.

Huh...

She’s awfully quiet today.

As she walks together with me, she’d usually call me, or sometimes even surprise me from behind.

That’s weird…

 

“W-what’s wrong Aika-chan?”

“N-Nothing much…”

 

“I see, so why the long face?”

 

“It’s really nothing. I swear,”

 

“Come on, you’ve been acting awfully weird lately,”

 

“It’s… It’s just… Exams are near, and I think we need a study group… well, f-for the exams…”

 

Huh? That’s weird…! My cute childhood friend Aika wouldn’t say such things like that back in Junior high. She would rather just play than to study…!

 

W-why is she all of a sudden acting like this?

 

“C-Can you invite I-Itachi, and the rest?” She asked hesitantly.

 

 


Class 1-C

 

"Well, see you at breaks, Yoichi-kun," Aika waved at me with both her hands forward as she walks towards her class...

I honestly can't tell why she has been too jolly, but I think it's really just her being that way. 

I opened the sliding door and sat through my chair.

 

Everyone is in their circle, and I honestly don't have anything to talk about to everyone.

Walking across the seats, I see my two seatmates. 

His name is Haruto Itachi, and he's a bit of an oddball all of a sudden, Misaki Hinagi, that girl who I keep talking kept talking to me as if we have a promise…

I don’t exactly remember what promise we have…

 

I recall at the far distant memories… Somewhere around a rural area, where the hills are shown an the ocean is far and wide…

 

A girl’s hair flowing across the wind. Familiar, yet uncanny…

 

I don’t know if it’s that girl who I remember, but it’s quite familiar…

I... It's too foggy to even remember when that was...

Sigh... 

"S-Shimizu...?"

The girl’s low and concerning tone is quite alarming.

"Ah... Hinagi-san... You look so concerned, is there anything wrong?"

"N-Nothing... It's,"

"It's...?"

"C-can I ask you something?"

"Y-yeah?"

I-is she trying to confess to me right in front of everyone at the back?

Why is she acting so shy suddenly.

"Exams are near, Yoichi. She's asking if you want to study together with her. Jeez... Hinagi... I know you're freaking shy around him but stop freaking misleading here," Itachi stated as he goes back to resting his head, and immediately confronting Hinagi.

"Eeep~! H-Haruto? Why did you have to even say it like that? I-I-It's-" Hinagi stuttered.

"I-I-It's... There's nothing wrong with asking someone to study together with you..." He mocked Hinagi's stuttering voice.

 

“Itachi! Don’t go badmouthing Hinagi like that,” Yuumi intervened as she pointed her finger in front of Itachi

“I can do whatever I can, bitch,”

“B-Bitch?” Yuumi’s face looked in disgust.

“Don’t call me bitch, you stupid mushroom!” She attempted to do a roundhouse kick, but Itachi just dodged her kick ever so slightly.

 

“Just stand still!”

 

“Nope… If I do I’ll die,” Itachi giggles as he runs away from Yuumi, as she raises up her skirt, ready to shoot up her leg if she ever gets the chance.

 

“You’re not getting away from me!”

Yuumi chased Itachi around the classroom like ring-around-a-rosy a pocket full of mushrooms and thorns.

 

Huh? Since when did Hinagi-san, Yuumi, and Itachi become this close?

...

...

...

The whole class have their eyes on the three of us, their jaws dropped at how can someone blatantly just mock two beautiful girls like that...?

 

I, too am genuinely shocked.

 

WHACK!

 

Owww~!

“Yuumi, w-why did you hit me!?”

 

“You’re in the way, you plain white bread… It’s not like you’re easier to hit or anything!”

 

“W-waahhhh…” I fell on the floor as the mark of a rolled-up paper is imprinted on my forehead.

 

The door opens and the teacher arrives, pulls out a textbook.

"Stand..."

"Bow.."


In the middle of the class discussion...

I'm only first year but the teacher's lectures suddenly became harder than last week.

My sickness really took a toll on me... Yatta~

I sighed a cloud of stress, trying to comprehend the lectures...

How can I cope up with this?

Looking at everyone around, some aren't even paying attention. 

I don't have a goal, but shouldn't you be a good student and listen to the teacher's lectures, too?

Thuck...

W-what's this?

A crumpled paper dropped on my desk.

I picked it up, and silently uncrumpled it.

---

"Can you wake Haruto up?"

---

I turn my head to my right, and I can see his whole face buried under his own arms.

To also have my own seatmate sleep in front of such a tedious lecture...

That's honestly insulting the teacher...

...

I looked over this guy, and Hinagi-san...

She gestured me to wake him up...

Sigh...

I don't even want to get in trouble too for this.

But for the sake of Itachi.

I can ask him if the lecture's too hard so I can send him notes. He must have been really tired.

I tapped his left shoulder with my index finger.

...

BZZT!

He woke up with with his shoulders jerked up, and his head raised.

Itachi turned his head to me with an annoying expression.

"What?" He whispered loudly...

I gestured him to look straight ahead by eyeing him and to the front.

He looked at the front and saw the lectures with his eyes wide open...

Haruto really doesn't know how much it means to miss such an important lecture...

...

Ehh...?

...

Click... Chk!

 

"O-oh shit! It wasn't in silent mode...!"

 

Haruto... What are you doing!?

 

"What was that?" The old teacher turned around.

 

The whole class is in alert too.

 

"I know someone is using their phone here. If you won't admit whoever you are, I will confiscate everyone's phone,"

 

Oh no...!

S-Should I cover for him?

Itachi looks like he would actually be caught...

If everyone's going to be involved it’s going to be…

 

"No one's admitting?"

 

C-Come on.. I must... Help…

 

"Sir... It was me!" 

...

"Misaki? Haruto? Shimizu?"

The three of us stood up, said the same exact words at the same time.

"Only one of you took a picture. Why are the three of you standing?"

"H-Huh?" Itachi looked around, and saw me and Hinagi standing up.

His expression switched from annoyance to anger...

"S-sir, I was trying to make a picture noise, like this... Click... Chk!" He pointed both his index fingers to the teacher and winked.

But he failed to make an authentic-looking expression.

"H-huh... You think this lecture is just a joke to you?" He asked with a vein slightly protruding at his forehead.

"N-No sir...!"

"Your exams are near and you lot are still slacking off?"

"I-I apologize sir..."

"Hmm... Your generation really have no manners at all. The three of you get out of this class,"

...

We walked outside the class and stayed just beside the door...

How did I get involved here?

...

We sat beside on the floor beside each other as we wait for time to pass by...

Hinagi-san feels a bit awkward in the middle while Itachi is in the other side...

He honestly looks genuinely furious...

"Why the fuck are you covering up for me?" He asked as he looked at the both of us.

"I don't want you to get caught... So I tried to stand up... B-but... It was useless," she explained, though she looked more embarrassed.

"Ahahaha... S-Same answer with Hinagi-san," I raised my hand with a bead of sweat flowing down my forehead.

"Urghhh... You two really could've just sat down and shut up. I would have dealt it my freaking way,"

"S-sorry..." Hinagi apologized.

"I was doing it just to cover you... No need to be so jumpy,"

"It was my fault, and I have to make a last-minute excuse..."

"It is terrible," I replied.

Hinagi at the other side hides her face, and I can hear her making weird sounds… as if she’s trying to hold her laugh.

He's starting at me... his head tilted and one of his eyelids are slightly twitching.

Itachi's staring at me dead in the eyes...

As if he's looking at my soul...

 

I'm... scared…

 

"Sigh... It actually is. Well, what's done is done," Itachi lowered his head, looking more like a deflated balloon as if he admitted his defeat.

...

Phew...

...

...

"I guess we'll just sit here until that old geezer comes out," He sighed and looked around.

...

"Man... It's freaking hot outside this place. Shouldn’t they be adding air condition units too outside?" Itachi fans himself with his handkerchief as the blazing hot sun shines through the school windows.

It was unfortunate to have us in this situation.

But looking at Itachi...

I don't know how his behavior suddenly changed, but I think it's for the better...

Last time I talked to him this much was when we first entered Kiseki High school.

He was really shy but excited to the first day I went to Kiseki High.

...

One day, he became quiet... 

...

"Hah~" the dark-haired girl exhaled... 

 

…Suggestively.

 

I turned my head towards her direction.

Her face is red, flustered, and she's sweating... A lot.

"Hinagi? A-are you alright?"

 

“It’s just… a little… h-hot…” Her cheeks are getting redder.

 

“H-here.. I’ll just…” I took off her blazer immediately...

E-Ehhh~?

She's soaked...!

She's really sweating a lot...

 

As much as the white long sleeves of our uniform is best worn for summer, the fabric… I can see something…

P-p-p-pink under-

I looked away and covered her top with her own blazer.

Itachi arrived with a cold drink straight out of the vending machine.

"Jeez, she's really freaking sweating a lot,"

FIZZ...

"Here, Yoichi give this drink to her..." Itachi handed the drink to me while trying to fan her.

He turned his head to me...

"W-What the? I-is your nose bleeding?"  Itachi looked at me.

"N-N-No... It's just a really hot wea-"

"No fucking time to become a pervert. Freaking give her a cold drink before she starts getting worse!"

"H-H-Hai!" I held her mouth and gave her the drink.

She takes a glimpse at the cold bottle, and opened her mouth.

Tilting the bottle towards her lips, I let the drink flow towards her mouth...

"C-Cold..."

The huge bottle has touched the tip of her lips. The liquid contents reached the base of her tongue...

Slurp... Slurp~!

The plastic bottle deformed as she continued drinking its contents, leaving no time for the air to enter the bottle.

Crack...! Crumple....

Her mouth fully suctioned the cup as if her life depended on the drink...

Why is she drinking it that way?

This is too...

No... Don't think about it... 

"She's really going at it..." Itachi commented as he fans her off, trying to cool her off as much as possible.

“If anyone's around, w-w-we might be caught in a misunderstanding,”

Looking at Yoichi, he looks really calm even though Hinagi-chan...

Hinagi is...

Like that...

"I'm getting another bottle... B-Be right back..." Itachi said as he rushed away from the both of us.

Tap tap tap tap tap...!

...

Shit...

I should continue cooling her off...

BANG! BANG! BANG!

I hear a voice of agitation in the distance as if hitting something on the wall.

I'm not sure if that's Itachi's voice or someone else...

But that person sounds like he's cursing in English.

I must keep fanning her.

...

I removed her blazer and used it to cool her off more.

Seriously, nearing the end of June, it's getting warmer.

...

"Ahh~! Soo... Breezy~" 

No... Yoichi! Don't think much, just keep going...!

Tap tap tap tap!

"Here, another drink... We really need to give her off more-"

"D-D-Disgusting!"

Someone else's voice is heard. 

"Huh? Who’s there" I looked around and just behind me is...

"You two are truly disgusting... To think a student in Kiseki High would shamelessly do such acts on your own classmate in the middle of the hallway, while classes are still ongoing..."

Minamoto Minami... Third Year student, and a Disciplinary Committee of Kiseki High's Student Council...

 

"A-ah... Minamoto Minami! I-I-It's not what it looks-"

"Enough! I've already seen through your actions,"

"Hey, hey, hey! I was jus-" Haruto tried to butt in.

"You'll have to explain yourselves when you come to my office,"

"Tsk..." He clicked his tongue.

"H-huh? The audacity! To click his tongue while already caught red-handed. How despicable,"

"I-Iya! No... They were just fanning me...! I-I-I'm not really used to the heat of-"

"It's alright... Those two are the culprits, and you're the victim. After I'll deal with these two, you'll have to tell me your story,"

"But~"

"Shhh..."

....


Student Council - The Disciplinary Commitee's Office

This third-rate of a Student Council...

"E... Ehehe~"

I didn't really have to explain much as Itachi-san himself had to explain everything beforehand, as well as a mark of her shoe print on both of our backs.

...

and another miscommunication on her part...

"Man, and all because you have to really think that we have really done it yourselves? You really think of your own students to be that perverted in your eyes, huh?"

 

"N-N-No! Of course not... As I'm a disciplinary committee, I have to see to it that this place will... and WILL be pure in mind. The school is a sacred place for students to learn. We do not tolerate acts of s-s-s-s-sexual acts, and so far there is no reports at all,”

 

“You’re stuttering, Minami… anything wrong?” Itachi tilted his head.

 

Her face… I don’t know… But she has both the look of disgust, and embarrassment.

 

“Don’t freaking try to control me, you mushroom head. Wimps like you…”

 

“Hmm… You’re a disciplinary committee yet you insulted me like a bully… That’s quite…”

 

“B-bullying? T-T-That’s not bullying, you see? I’m just trying to punish my kouhais for misbehavior,”

 

“So that’s how you deal with us kouhais… Even though we’re innocent?”

 

“N-No, I’m just… l-like that… so my kouhais won’t have to repeat the same action…”

 

“Tch… a mistake on your part… anyway, ever heard of any bullying reports lately?”

 

“Reports? I’ve never heard of any reports of such a thing. Especially a school as prestigious as Kiseki High. If there was it would be known by me… Hahaha~!” She snickered awkwardly.

 

Crack...!

...

Haruto..?

His fists are clenched... 

Is something wrong with him?

He shakes his head, as his eyes fixated on the student disciplinary committee, the one who I should not even want to come close. She’s already scary, but thank Kami-sama that this was all just a misunderstanding. Though I still wouldn't want any trouble with her...

...

"W-Well at least it's all cleared up, right?" I asked as Minamoto Minami nodded.

"Y-Y-Yeah yeah...! I'm really sorry about that, haha... You may go back to your class," she embarrassingly laughed as a bead of sweat slowly appeared on her head, like turning the opacity from zero to a hundred percent.

 

As we went out of her sight, Hinagi-chan sat in the waiting chair, a fan in her hand as she wiped off her now-drenched long sleeves from earlier. 

What a disaster for Hinagi-chan to be acting like a princess after that act...

"Haruto...?" She asked in a concerning tone.

Glancing beside me, Itachi looked honestly have quite an unusual expression.

He grits his teeth, and his fists are clenched.

"Fucking useless," he murmured in English, as he stares at the ground.

...

"I-Itachi, is everything okay?"

 

"Huh? U–umm… T-there's no problem Mi- Hinagi... We cleared up the misunderstanding," Itachi replied in a cheerful expression. The switch-up in his emotion is very unnerving.

.

"Y-Yeah... I-it's actually true,"

As we walked ahead of Hinagi back to the hallways.

"Oh? Is that dirt? That's a shoeprint?" She asked.

Pat! Pat! Pat!

Hinagi patted both our backs as she dusted off our dirtied uniform.

"She really thought we caught us red-handed for that,"

"Ehhh? I-I'm sorry for acting very... very.."

"It's alright Hinagi-chan, when we head back, we'll be fine,"

As we head back to our classroom, the door opens and the same teacher paused and stared at us with his mouth open for a second.

...

"L-Loitering around the hallways? You actually have the nerve!"

"N-N-No..."

---

"Yoichiii~! Hiiii~!" Tip tap tip tap...

"Ohh... Aika-chan?"

"Look what I got? Uwaaaa~" The girl runs with a huge page as she runs towards me...

As she gets closer to me, her legs jerked a bit before she lands over me...

Catch!

"E-Ehhh~?" She looks at me with her eyes wide open and looked around, wondering why she's slightly slanted upward.

"N-Nani nani? How am I standing upright?"

Laying my right arm to her waist in order to not make her fall helps her stabilize herself.

Matta, she keeps tripping along the hallway.

"Are you okay?" I asked in concern

"Y-Yeah..."

"Man... You should get your legs in check, Aika-chan. How many times did you have to fall for me. You would have been caught in the office for running in the hallways... Again," I scratch my head as if she didn't even me warning about her.

"N-No...!" She looks away as she covers her face with her paper.

"Eh? What's wrong?"

"You're holding me for too long... It's.."

...

 

"Waah! G-Gomen!" I immediately released my arm from her waist.

I turned around a bit...

"A-Anyway..."

"Y-Yeah?"

"How long are you going to look away? Turn around and look at me!"

"A-Ah... Right,"

I did turn my head.

First thing I saw is a paper related to 

a homework.

"O-oh? T-That's... Amazing!"

I looked at the score of her homework.

"Hehehe~! I was able to do it without you! Aren't you supposed to feel proud of me..."

"Yeah, yeah... That's... Great..." I place my thumbs up and smiled at her.

She sighed as she have the look of disappointment at me as if already expecting that.

"Sigh... I knew you would do that. Your smile and thumbs-up are soooo lame~! " 

THWACK!

She hit my head with the same homework. 

It actually hurts...!

"O-Ouch...!"

"Hmph... You should be treating me, Yoichi... I really really did it this time without your help," 

"Yes... yes... I'll treat you somewhere,"

She makes a half-smile and we walked outside school...

"R-Right..."

As we leave the school gates in late afternoon, we went to a tiny cake shop just in the corner...

Though I treated Aika usually with her favorite strawberry chocolate cake, she looks like she's just playing with her cake than just straight up gobbling it like a little squirrel.

...

"Is everything alright, Aika-chan?"

"Eh? Y-y-yeah! The cake here is delicious," she waves her hands in an embarrassing manner.

"That’s, great I guess… A-Ah Anooo, about earlier,"

 

“Huh, w-what about earlier?”

 

“You asked me about inviting the rest, so I did,”

 

Aika’s eyes lit up, and she pushed herself up from her chair.

 

“We can start our first study session by tomorrow Saturday!”

“T-That fast?”

 

“Yes! The sooner we start, we get to ace our exams,”

 

“I… I don’t think it’s-”

 

“We’ll study in your house!”

 

“Why does it have to be in my place?”

 


 

The doorbell chimes in the Shimizu Household.

 

“Hallo~!” Aika waves at the front gate.

 

Itachi is being dragged by Hinagi and Yuumi just continuously bullying the shit out of him

 

“Y-you’re all here?”

 

“Hinagiii…! My EARS!!!” Yoichi’s ears continue to get pinched as she enjoys the moment of this mushroom-looking guy getting pinched.

 

As everyone entered his household.

 

Everyone wanders around the room.

 

“Strange…”

 

Hinagi placed her hand under her chin.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Usally this living room is filled with all kinds of alcoholic beverages… How long has she been out?”

 

“Ahaha, yes she hasn’t been here for almost a week,”

 

“Well, let’s head upstairs to my room,” I guided them upstairs as we went to my room.

 

“Yay~! Finally!” Aika raced upstairs right through my room while the rest walked together like a bunch of penguins.

 

 

As the door opens, the rest of the girls and Itachi just casually enters the room last.

 

“Ehhh~? This is a boy’s room…?” Yuumi looked around at my room as her eyes scan at the shounen anime posters of my room, a bookcase filled with mangas.

 

“Wheee~!” Aika performed a swan dive to my bed…

 

“Oi! I just folded my bed! Stop ruining it,” 

 

“Have you just washed this last night? It smells so fragrant~! Muuuuu~!” Aika flutters her legs as she sniffs my pillow.

 

Itachi on the other hand, as usual with his gloomy-looking appearance, he just sat on the study table, subtly quiet though as if he’s thinking quite hard.

 

It’s so chaotic in my room.

 

Yuumi casually placing her fingers across each manga, while Aika picked up my Switch that was laying around beside my bed…

 

“Are we going to start our study session or what…? Ah! My fucking thigh! You’re putting pressure on it,”

 

“Nee… Yoichi… Aren’t you not too excited with a bunch of girls in the room?” Aika subtly stares at me as her eyes slowly relax..

 

“Save for one other guy just sitting there… I don’t think so,”

Having everyone in my room… 

 

Feels so vibrant…

 

“Huh? It’s not under your be… riiiiight?” Yuumi’s subtly kneels down as she peeks under my bed… Her butt weirdly sticking out in front of me as she waves her extended arm under my bed like a scanner.

 

“Yuumi, you can’t expect every boy to have a freaking doujin in his room all the time,”

 

“Ah, you’re talking about these?” Aika pulled up a collection of doujins like it was a deck of oversized cards.

 

“Hey! How’d you find them? I didn’t even put them under my bed,”

 

“Ahhh Yoichi, I know where you usually place it. It’s in that little secret thing behind your bookcase. Very clever and original,  ohohoho~!” this pink-haired girl laughed with her hand just in front of her mouth like a typical noble princess laughing with pride.

 

“Give it back to me,” I rushed to her as I quickly snatch one of my doujins…

 

“Let me see it, ehehehe~!” Yuumi ran to Aika as she grabs the magazine as quick as possible.

 

“Stoop~!”

 

“Oooh… Childhood friends? Tsunderes? What are these doujins?” Yuumi casually skimmed through his collection while Aika pushes me away from her.

 

“Yoichi has very niche taste!”

 

“Why are you doing this to meeee~!?”

 

Meanwhile at the corner of my room, Itachi and Hinagi, just sat on the table as if nothing is happening.

 

You’re supposed to help me here! Why is the both of you acting as if we’re nothing? Aren’t you supposed to be the one who can do things in such troubling times?

 

“Haruto, did you prepare the sheets?”

 

“Nope,”

 

“You’re not even helping here then… Tsk. I’ll just make some pointers,”

 

“Ah just wait. I already got one in my mind,”

 

“As expected, the king of adapting,”

 


Ten minutes after the chaos

 

 

The whole group sat quietly as the first study session is in progress.

 

“I just checked a bunch of your homeworks… I can finally conclude everyone’s weakness in each subjects,”

 

Itachi threw each and everyone’s works and…

 

“Aika did well in math… Yuumi… She’s way too good,”

 

“Heheheee~! Just so you know I transferred right after I finished my midterm exam…”

 

“That means you’re taking that same midterm exam in this school,”

 

“No biggie… It’s still fresh in my mind, you know? They’re hella easyyy,”

 

“What’s this then?”

 

Itachi pulled out a test he found on her previous school. One of her grades was a 24/100

 

“Ehh? W-wha? H-how…”

 

“You’re hiding this from us… when you get really great marks than the rest?”

 

“No no no… Now you’ll think im a dumb blonde girl,”

 

“Yes you are,”

 

“Uwaaaaaaa~!”

 

“Never knew a tsundere can act like that…” Itachi mumbled..

 

It’s chaos after chaos…

 

Aika though just held her finger to her mouth as she stares at me…

 

I don’t exactly know why she’s acting like that… 

 

She had the look of someone who’s planning to say something.

 

This cute childhood friend of mine nudged my shoulder and looked at me in the eye, then  glanced over Itachi…

 

She eyed me and Itachi as if she were asking me to call him.

 

I looked at Itachi as he annoyingly planted his finger over the notes and lectures…

 

Hinagi taking notes as she nodded, while Yuumi happily gets her answers right.

 

I haven’t seen my room this lively as the time I was with Aika.

 

“Anoo~ Itachi?”

 

“What!? Can’t you see, Yuumi can’t even identify this one single-”

 

I eyed at Aika as she tugs my shirt, while she glanced at me like a nervous puppy.

 

“Itachi… I need to say something,”

 

“Huh? What’s the problem?”

 

“It’s… It’s that-”

 

Bam!

 

“Oi!”

 

“Iyaaa~!” Yuumi fell on the table, her back against on top of it.

 

Hinagi raises her knee towards Yuumi’s leg as she grapples her forearm.

 

“Give me back my answer sheet!”

 

“Ahaha… My score is higher than you… And you’re not even good at literature,” 

 

 

 

“Give… it…!”

 

“Stoopp you’re on top of me Hinagi-chaaan, that’s not very…”

 

I watch as the two fell on the most suggestive pose as the two girls, who seemingly who used to be distant, fall on each other…

 

The black-haired rose raises up her knee above between the twintail blondie’s legs. Hinagi grabbed Yuumi’s forearm as she attempts to take her lecture notes and a few old seatworks they used.

 

They’re very… very… close.

 

“That’s enough catfighting over there,” Itachi pulled Hinagi by the armpits with his forearms trying to lock her in as Yuumi gets released from the grip of this Black-haired rose.

 

I sighed as I smack my face on my forehead…

 

I can’t believe I let them in for a so-called study session.

 

“A-anyways, what were you trying to say, Aika?” Itachi asked as he calmed down Hinagi.

 

“N-Nevermind…” Aika looked away.

 

“H-Haven’t we even done any progress in our session?”

 

“Here… Freaking take this test for our exam, and I’ll check it…” Itachi made a very scuffed handwritten notes written sloppily, but if I squint my eyes it’s readable enough..

 

“After an hour, hand it to me, I’ll be back after that… I justt need to get something real quick outside,” Haruto Itachi stated as he gets up from the study table.

 

“Well… Good luck!” He smiled as he holds the door, as he closes the door, I see a glimpse of his face tense up by the last second. 

 

He doesn’t have that look of a relaxed person, nor the irritated look everytime he talks to Aika and the rest….

 

I can’t put my finger on it… But he’s trying to hide something.

 

Maybe Aika knows something..?

 

Itachi and Aika is acting weirdly nowadays.

 

 

I take a glimpse by the window, and I see Itachi, holding his phone.

 

He’s biting his fingernail as he waits for the person to pick it up…

 

The usual relax and sometimes hyper type of dude is…

 

I can’t tell…

 

He looks… scared?

 

I can see the motion of his lips, as if he’s saying…

 

I’ll pay… I’ll pay… I promise!

 

 

Five thousand yen!?

 

He nodded, as he relaxes as he turns his phone down…

 

He sighed… A sigh of relief… yet,

 

His face, staring sinisterly at the wall in one spot, for too long.

He shakes his head, then walks back to my house as his footsteps echo to the floors

 

The door opens as Itachi went back to his smile.

 

“Hey, sorry for taking too long. If you’re done just give me the rest, alright?” He waved then sat on my bed with his chest puffed.

 

We continued to finish Itachi’s review test.

 

It’s interesting how his style is like that of a teacher, but in no way he looks like he’s eligible to be one.

 

Moreso, I thought I’d be the one helping with the study session but he’s the one doing most of the work…

 


 

Some time has passed…

 

Itachi just finished checking our papers… He’s really like a junior teacher. Maybe not a teacher’s pet. He doesn’t even want to listen to that old geezer, but for him to do the work is weird. 

 

I swear he’s like a people person but under the shadows. 

 

He distributed the paper…

 

He gave mine with  an approval, another to Hinagi with a nod, Yuumi…

 

He nodded really really fast at her, then smiled…

 

Then to Aika, he gave her a folded paper…

 

Aika’s expression… was that look of defeat.

 

There’s always that gesture. A folded paper… 

 

When the teacher gives a folded paper as they distribute their student’s test paper, while the rest is just unfolded, it’s like a bad omen.

 

 

We all took a look at our paper…

 

Mine is a solid 75/100

 

A high average score.

 

Hinagi flipped her paper and closed her eyes…

 

She nodded as she sits down in a seiza posture, her back straight as possible…

 

Her hand however speaks the opposite… She squeezes her thumb excitedly…

 

As if congratulating herself that she passed.

 

Yuumi, however, with that smirk of look, she really has that confidence as she flips the paper.

 

After she looks at the number, her face…

 

Well, it deflated…

 

“Ehhh~? I swear I got it right! Your reviews are dog-”

 

“Flip it over…”

 

The paper she looked was not 69… out of a a 100

 

But… a 96 out of 100!

 

“Are you actually so dumb you forgot to flip your paper? Give that to me!”

 

“Ehhh? Nooo~! That’s my best scooore, baka!”

 

Aika didn’t even bother to look at hers… Her eyes looking at the floor as she grips her folded paper.

 

I know that expression too… she really doesn’t…

 

“I-It’s alright Aika, you’ll do better,” I patted her fluffy pink hair.

 

She looked at me with a look of comfort as her face relaxes and smiles..

 

“I… I’ll do better,”

 

“Aika?”

 

“N-Nani, Ita-kun?” She anxiously looked up at Itachi as if she’s about to be reprimanded by him.

 

“I don’t know why you don’t want to look at your paper… But-”

 

“I understand… Ita-kun. I’ll do better! I promise, I’ll do my best so I can pass the exam, just please…”

 

“Just look at your paper,” Itachi intervened.

 

“I know I failed. Yoichi, and Hinagi, even Yuumi did really well, so I’ll study hard!”

 

“That’s right Itachi-sama, don’t go harsh on her just because she failed on your makeshift reviewer. It’s just a reviewer, right? Maybe-”

 

Itachi unfolded Aika’s paper, gritting his teeth as she shoved it right at her face.

 

“Just… look…!”

 

 

She paused… 

 

She looked at the paper as if she’s looking at a treasure she found somewhere.

 

A perfect score…

 

Well… a perfect score in a review session is not bad. 

 

“Ahahahaha~! I got a perfect…”

 

She extended her hands as she looked up at it…

 

“G-Great job, Aika-chan,” I complimented her.

 

“I never had a perfect score in my entire life!”

 

“Hold your horses, we’re just freaking reviewing our stuff, not the actual test,”

 

“Shut up… Let me enjoy my taste of victory,”

 

“Yoichi-kun,” she looks at me as she placed her head in front of me.

 

“W-What are you-”

 

“P-Pat me again…”

 

“R-Right…”

 

I placed my hand on her head as I stroke her soft fluffy hair again…

 

She smiles and softens up like pudding…

 

“Hehe~” she giggled softly.

 

Patting her head always feel like an achievement to her. If she has a kemonomimi, and a tail, she’d be wagging it really fast.

—-------

 

After some time has passed, and everyone has left my place.

 

Sigh… That was just the first session, I wonder if it’s going to go better at the second.

 

Usually it was just me and Aika just studying together back in Junior High…

 

She just doesn’t like it when we study and she’d leave everytime…

 

But to suddenly be working hard… Where did she get that from?

 

 

Ding dong…

 

Hmm…?

 

Who’s ringing my door this late night?

 

They didn’t leave anything in my room, right?

 

As I peeked through the door…

 

Oh…

 

Hana onee-san…

 

I opened the door as Hana onee-san walks in…

 

“G-Good evening, Ichi…”

 

“Ahh, nee-san, you finally came back. H-How was the trip?”

 

She stood upright as she walks through the living room…

 

“It’s alright, I’m just gonna go get my stuff first…” she taps through the carpet…

 

The way she moves does not correlate to her way of talking.

 

“A-Anoo, Hana onee-san, have you been drinking again?”

 

“W-what? Of course not, you think I’m going to drink in an abandoned home for the elder? I have to take care of them… no way they wou-” her head keeps swaying left and right, but her voice is slowly slurring.

 

I rushed in as I held her to my body.

 

“Bah, I told you onee-san not to go home drunk again. Seriously…”

 

Plaving her arm over my shoulder, I brought her to her room, but she tripped over her high heels.

 

“W-waaah~!”

 

I placed my hand behind her head as we both fell. My hand landed on the floor, and it’s a good thing i caught her head, or else onee-san will get another concussion.

 

 

“Ahh, your hand is soft… Ichi…” Hana stated as she raises her hand over my face.

 

“S-Stop doing that! My freaking hand is starting to hurt!” her head is freaking heavy…

 

I can feel my hand being squished in between the wooden floor and her hard heavy head.

 

Ding dong…!

 

W-who is it this time?

 

The door slightly opens…

 

“Umm… Hey, Yoichi, I forgot to return the game, I’m here to-” Itachi opens the door and…

 

He blankly stared at both Hana-san and I on the ground, stood there for five seconds straight…

 

.

 

..

 

 

….

 

…..

 

“Yoichi! W-what are you doing with your older sister?” 

 

“No no no! It’s not what you think, Itachi-san… W-We’re just-,”

 

“Hiiii Yoichi’s weird frieeeend… Don’t badmouth my Yoichi… Just had a few drinks… That’s all.” She waves clumsily as she closes her eyes and lays on the floor.

 

“How much are you drinking to even get to this?”

 

“W-What? It’s just a few tequilaaa~! It’s not that strong, I promise…”

 

“And you stayed there for a week?”

 

“Nooo~! We only drank just today. Trust me, Ichiii… It’s just today, and it’s only a few shots,” she pointed her finger to my nose as she struggled to even have her head up from the floor.

 

 

“I swear, Itachi… It’s not what you-”

 

“Don’t mention anymore,” Itachi placed my game that he borrowed beside the couch as he approached both me and Hana-san.

 

“I- I can explain Itachi… It’s jus-”

 

“Just shut up and help me get your sister up,” He pulled Hana’s arm while I as well held her on the other side…

 

As we bring her up the stairs…

 

She almost tripped again.

 

“Remove her high heels. She’s falling a lot,” 

 

“R-right,” Itachi took of her high heels as they fall off down the stairs one by one.

 

“Yoichi… B-bring me to the bathroom… I’m..”

 

“Q-quick!”

 

We both rush her to the bathroom as quickly as possible… 

 

As we arrived by the door she immediately held the toilet bowl.

 

“Itachi, I’ll go get her stuff by her car,”

 

He nodded as I leave the bathroom.

 

Sigh…

 

Why does this always happen when she goes home?

 

As I exited the door, I can hear the car’s engine still on…

 

“Jeez… and yet, she’s able to drive home safely,”

 

A/N: Don’t drink and drive! EVER!

 

Twisting the key from the vehicle, I shut off the engine as I brought her purse just beside her to my house, and locked the car door.

 

If only onee-san would just be a little bit more responsible…

 

 

Placing her belongings to the couch again…

 

I raced back to the bathroom…

 

“Y-Yoichi! I need some help here,”

 

“Itachi’s leg is soooooo smooth~!” Hana’s cheeks rubs across Itachi’s leg, while simultaneously locking in her arms around his right calf.

 

Itachi wiggled his legs but to no avail, as her arms are just like sealed contained gripping tightly around his leg.

 

“J-Just bring her to her room,” I pointed towards Hana’s room.

 

“With what? My leg?”

 

“I don’t know…”

 

“You’re his younger brother! Do something!”

 

“Come on… Hana, just get up already,”

 

I can see her legs just give away as she tries to get herself up…

 

How much has she been drinking?

 

Itachi and I just held her arms over our shoulders and brought her to her room.

 

She ragdolled to her soft comfy bed as her eyes started to dilate…

 

“Itachi… Just stay with her for a while… I’ll just need to fix something up a bit,”

 

“H-hey… don’t leave me here again!”

 

I just need to get her belongings in place again…

 

She’s really really really up to no good this time. How am I supposed to explain this to mom and dad once they come back?

 

Just a few minutes after a bit of clean up and arranging of her stuff, I went back to onee-san’s room..

 

As I reach further near my older sister’s room. It’s awfully quiet…

 

 

“Itachi, are you alright over there?”

 

 

Silence…

 

What’s going on?

 

 

I can hear the bed springs rocking back and forth.

 

That’s weird.

 

She’s knocked out cold for sure…

 

Without a doubt, I have to investigate.

 

As I opened the door…

 

The only thing I see is the bed covered with huge lumps just protruding through the blanket.

 

“Itachi? Are you there?”

 

I opened the blanket…

 

And…

 

Despite Hana-san being knocked out, her whole body is held tightly on Itachi while his mouth is covered by her entire chest…

 

“M..M-mmmph~!”

 

W-what should I do?

 

I tried to grab her arms… But…

 

Those arms tightened.

 

Her legs coiled around him tightened too.

 

“MMMPH~!”

 

“N-No… Melon-san! He’s mine!”

 

She’s holding him tight like she holds a teddy bear…

 

“His brown fur is so soft,” her hand softly feels through Itachi’s brown mushroom hair.

 

Uergh!!!

 

I pulled Itachi’s leg as her grip slightly gets tighter and tighter.

 

If she’s knocked out cold, how is she this strong?

 

“M-MMPHH… S-stop!”

 

Itachi’s mouth finally got free from her chest, but her arm is now nearly locking in his neck.

 

“I.. c-can’t.. Br-”

 

Itachi tries to raise his arms, as if breaking free from her…

 

Her head lowers and she sniffed his head.

 

Sniff…!

 

“S-smells like peanuts..” her grips has loosened and as I pulled Itachi’s leg, he finally got out.

 

He pants and breathes heavily…

 

Cough! Cough! Cough!

 

“W-What the hell is she? There’s no way someone that drunk can hold down tightly!” Itachi said as he gets up.

After a full explanation of what happened, Itachi just gave the game back to me, and left…

 

“Look, I don’t know how the hell she ended up like that, but she needs to take care of herself more often,”

 

“Mom and dad said that onee-san is the one taking care of me… W-well… It’s the other way around, haha,”

 

Itachi sighed as he scratched the back of his head and relaxed.

 

His neck is still red from the tight grip onee-san did to him.

 

“The game is just right there. You can have it back. I’ll be heading home then,”

 

“Sayonaraa,” I waved goodbye as he leaves the gate

 

As I shut the door, I gave myself a sigh of relief. 

 

 

Seriously… My life as an ordinary high school guy is certainly not ordinary…!

So far, which character do you like the most? (Doesnt affect the story just curious, haha)
  • Misaki Hinagi Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Miyoshi Aika Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Sokabe Yuumi Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shimizu Yoichi Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruto Itachi Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Ms. Sakura Amamiya Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Shimizu Hana Votes: 2 14.3%
Total voters: 14
8