DANGEROUS MISSION
106 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the morning, very early I heard a knock on the door of my room, I got up, wiped my face and without putting on my shirt I opened the door to see that it was the nene aunt who was knocking on the door with a smile.

- Are you trying to seduce me? (Aunt nene)

Embarrassed I blushed, I had not realized that I was shirtless, the nene aunt laughed at my shame, but she did not continue to bother me and told me that she had a visitor waiting downstairs and then she left.

I quickly closed the door and finished fixing myself, then I went down to the reception where a tall man in leather armor was standing and I identified him, he was the leader of Mr. Carlos's team when we went to look at the drill condor nest.

The man greeted me cordially and informed me that Mr. Carlos wanted to speak with me, so I replied that there was no problem and we both marched to the merchants' union to meet him.

- Mr. Evan, excuse me for calling you so early in the morning. (Charlie)

- No problem, do you need something from me? (Evan)

- Mr. Evan, I would like to request an exclusive mission from you. (Charlie)

- What is it about? (Evan)

- In the nearby forest where the giant bees reside, there are also creatures called gray wolves, the fur of these beasts is of very good quality and I would like to have some skins. (Charlie)

- Why request that mission directly from me and not publish it in the mercenary guild? (Evan)

- To publish a mission in the guild you must pay a commission, contacting you directly I save that commission. (Charlie)

- I see, the gray wolves are quite ferocious, it is a dangerous mission, what is the reward and the conditions? (Evan)

- I would like at least 5 adult gray wolf skins as a minimum, but if you can get more it would be better, I will pay each skin at 50 gold coins, obviously it depends on the quality of the skins, I will pay the aforementioned if they are in perfect condition and I will lower the price depending on the damage. (Charlie)

With that proposal I kept thinking, that was 250 gold coins, it was a good reward, I can only imagine how much the clothes made by those skins would cost if you are willing to pay that much.

However, it was a dangerous mission, the gray wolves of this world are bigger, fiercer and stronger than those of my world, even so, the one who does not risk does not win, so I accepted the mission.

A contract was established with the conditions discussed, Mr. Carlos was direct and fair, he wanted everything legal and I liked that method, he also established a period of one week, in 7 days he had to bring the skins, if he did not bring at least 5 skins the deal is canceled.

After agreeing on everything, I left the merchants' guild towards the smithy, since this mission was dangerous, I had to prepare well for it.

In the smithy, I requested maintenance to all my equipment, armor and katana, I also bought a set of 10 throwing daggers, since they could be useful depending on the situation, in all spend a gold coin.

I also bought 20 long sharp bolts, they were like spears, but they were not to fight, but to set traps, in addition to a shovel, in this mission I could not go alone to hunt as if they were bees or rabbits, these wolves can reach level 20 or higher which would be difficult to attack from the front.

The bolts only cost one silver coin each for a total of 2 gold coins, it is a necessary expense, better to be cautious, the blacksmith told me that everything would be ready for the next day.

After the smithy I went to the pharmacy to buy some potions, I bought 3 level 1 healing potions that is low grade and 3 antidotes for poisons, it is a forest after all, when I paid the 2 gold coins I left.

After that I returned to the inn and when I saw aunt nene at her reception, I approached her to explain my mission and set things up in case the worst happens.

- Aunt nene, I will go out on a somewhat complex mission and I wanted to let you know, that I will leave tomorrow, if 6 days later I have not returned, you can vacate my room and take possession of my horse. (Evan)

- So dangerous? Well, I understand that you have to earn a living, but remember, better to fail the mission than to lose your life, I will wait for your return. (Aunt nene)

- Thank you, it is only a little dangerous, but I do not intend to throw my life away, do not worry. (Evan)

- Well, if you return safely I will give you a good night gift personally, hehehe. (Aunt nene)

I knew he was joking with me, but still I blushed with embarrassment, however, I thought at that moment that I should change my submissive personality and be more aggressive, especially with women so I responded and took the nene aunt off guard .

- I have taken you at your word, I expect a special service from you. (Evan)
Auntie babe was not expecting my answer and she blushed a little in surprise, but she quickly regained her composure and she smiled as she provocatively told me "Look forward to it".

After that, I went to my room, I took a cold water bath, to lower my body temperature, since the insinuation of the aunt nene warmed me, as

I said, she is a little plump, however, it is an attractive woman just imagining her in my bed my temperature rose, I could only relieve myself and go back to taking a cold shower.

The rest of the day I dedicated myself to rest, at dinner time I went downstairs and ate, without speaking to anyone I returned to my room and fell asleep waiting for the next day.

The next morning I took a hot bath, changed my clothes and went down to breakfast, then I said goodbye to my aunt nene and went to the smithy and picked up my equipment that was as shiny as new and I started to leave the city .

The nearby forest is less than an hour on horseback, however, as I must go into the forest I cannot go on horseback, so I left it at the inn, without horse it will take me about half a day to get to the forest, but with my level 28 samurai stamina wasn't that tiring.

When I got to the forest, the sun was already going down, so I decided to camp outside and start the hunt tomorrow, so I lit the fire, ate my rations and rested until the next day.

The next morning I had rations for breakfast and checked my gear and headed into the woods. The first thing I did was track down the wolves, according to Mr. Carlos they are deep in the forest, so I advanced cautiously and my katana drawn.

I searched for most of the day but found no traces of the wolves so I decided to camp as it was getting dark, I tried looking for a hollow tree to sleep in but couldn't find it so I had to sleep outside.

I lit a fire since it was very cold, I was clear that it is not good to light a fire in the forest because it could attract animals, but the cold was very intense and I felt that I was freezing so I had no other option.

I was resting next to the campfire when in the distance the howl of a wolf was heard, when I heard it my sense of danger was triggered and I immediately put myself on guard and alert.

In a few minutes the footsteps and movements of the bushes were heard, something was stalking me, I just couldn't see what it was and without warning a huge gray wolf came out of the bushes at great speed and showing its sharp teeth towards me.

Since, the wolf was coming from the front, I dodged to the side and I rapped with my katana towards his belly, but I did not achieve anything, the wolf was very agile and dodged my attack with ease.

When the wolf saw me attack, he looked at me cautiously and stared at me, as if evaluating when to attack, I for my part did the same, quickly took out a throwing dagger from my storage ring and threw it.

I threw the dagger into one of his eyes, so the wolf moved his head to dodge, at that moment I looked away, I sprinted towards him and attacked his head, but my attack hit the air, the wolf was fast and fled.

Without relaxing, I stayed alert in case he returned and when I relaxed my guard because I did not see movement, the wolf reappeared behind me with his mouth open charging my neck, my perception of danger rose to the maximum, however, I knew that I couldn't dodge, so

I spun my body at full speed by waving my katana with all my strength and activating my fast cutting ability.

The wolf came to me as my blow hit the wolf, my katana opened a large and deep wound in the wolf's belly, but the wolf managed to cut my left shoulder with his teeth, it was a simultaneous blow, only luckily the mine was lethal, the wolf fell to the ground with an open stomach.

Out of fear that the blood would attract more beasts, I put the entire body of the wolf in the new storage ring and after taking a healing potion and bandaging my shoulder I quickly walked away from the place.

I ran at full speed away from the place where I was without lowering my guard in case another wolf or beast appeared, after several minutes of running I stopped, checked the surroundings and seeing no danger I established camp again and checked my wound.

Thanks to the fact that the wound was superficial, the potion that I took had already helped me to heal my shoulder, so I cleaned my body a little and rested for the rest of the night, but I did not really sleep much, I was in a state of alert all the time.

The next morning, I established a plan, since the night before a wolf had approached, I suspected that wolves were nocturnal hunters, also they were attracted to fire, so I thought about setting a trap.

I took my shovel and started to dig a big hole, it was about 3 meters deep and about 5 meters in diameter, I drove the bolts that I requested in the smithy into the bottom and covered them with fallen leaves from the trees supported by branches and a little of Earth.

By the time I finished it was noon, I ate my rations and rested, the hunting would be at night so I had to be in the best conditions and prepare for the unexpected, you never knew what could happen.

As a gamer I have experience in hunting monsters, but real life and games are different, although the mechanism is the same, the conditions are not, in a game if your character is injured, you can continue until your life bar is empty, but in real life if you are injured, there will be pain, you will lose blood and mobility and that makes it more difficult to fulfill the mission, even to die, unlike in a game, here you do not come back to life.

With this thought in mind, I ate my rations for lunch and rested a bit, then I took out of my ring the wolf that I hunted yesterday and processed it, first drain the blood and store it in canteens since that would be my bait, remove the skin with Be careful not to damage it and keep the rest as it was in the ring, maybe the meat can be sold, but since I don't know how to cut the meat, so I left it whole.

Little by little the night was falling, so I prepared to set the trap, carefully put the blood on the trap and spread a little around to attract the prey, while I climbed a tree near the trap to be able to observe .

When the sun went down and the moon settled in the sky, near midnight the howls of the wolves were heard, so I raised my guard, after a few minutes I could see a gang of gray wolves, 5 of them.

Slowly they approached sniffing the scattered blood, without thinking that they were approaching a trap, 3 of them ran over the hole, the branches of it gave way and the 3 wolves fell being impaled by the bolts below.

The other two when seeing their impaled companions howled with rage, looking for the perpetrator, but could not find him, seeing them from above, I jumped out of the tree and with a strong blow from my katana activating my fast cutting ability, I separated the head of one of them without giving you time to respond.

The wolf that was still alive, noticed me killing his partner and charged me with his jaw open trying to bite my neck, but I was quick and rolled on the ground dodging his attack.

We both stared at each other as we tried to surround each other, leaving no openings, so I used the same pattern from the night before and threw a razor at their eyes.

The wolf dodged it by jumping to the side and at that moment I attacked with my katana, but the wolf was attentive and dodged again, going back and again we watched each other trying to guess the next move.

A few minutes passed like this, my back was sweating cold, I felt the threat of the wolf and without warning the wolf leaped forward and attacked my neck with its sharp teeth, again I rolled to one side and when I regained my posture I thrust my katana through his neck .

When I managed to kill the wolf, I removed my sword and the blood flowed from the wolf's neck, cleaned my katana, sheathed it and put the wolf in the storage ring, then I went to the rest and did the same.

Now I had 6 wolves, the mission was only 5 skins, so after collecting and storing the wolves I climbed a tree to rest the rest of the night and the next morning I left the forest, before leaving, I removed the blood and the skin of the wolves and return to Carnation city.

Upon entering, I went straight to the merchants' guild to deliver the skins to Mr. Carlos and complete the mission. Upon arriving at his premises, the guard already knew me so he let me in and I went up to Mr. Carlos's office.

Upon entering and Mr. Carlos saw me and with a smile on his face he invited me to sit down.

- I assume you came to deliver the mission skins. (Charlie)

- That's correct, I have to admit that it was more complex than it seemed and quite dangerous. (Evan)

- I hope I'm not trying to raise the price. (Charlie)

- No, the price is what we agreed, however, I will not do this mission again for that price, my life is not so cheap. (Evan)

- Hahaha, I'll keep it in mind, can I see the goods? (Charlie)

I quickly took the skins out of my storage ring, at first I was reluctant to show that I had a ring, but later I found out that most mercenaries had one, although for a common citizen they were expensive and inaccessible, but for mercenaries and merchants was a common object, so I stopped worrying.

When Mr. Carlos saw the skins, he got up from his chair and began to inspect them, he touched them gently, as if looking for imperfections, he reviewed them for about half an hour and out of nowhere he assisted with his head, then he called someone to look at them. He took them and when the staff left, he returned to his chair.

I take a bag from his desk and give it to me, I took it and counted the coins inside, there were 300 gold coins, I attended and got up to leave when I heard Mr. Carlos say.

- Nice to do business with you Mr. Evan, maybe I'll look for you for another deal in the future. (Charlie)

- As long as you pay properly, it will be a pleasure. (Evan)

With those words I left the office and went to a butcher shop to sell the wolves, apparently it is not a good meat so I only earn one gold coin for each wolf and then return to the inn, when passing through the door aunt nene was surprised and gave me a smile while welcoming me.

- Only two days passed, I thought it was a dangerous mission. (Aunt nene)

- I was lucky and found my target quickly and managed to catch it off guard. (Evan)

- Well, the important thing is that you returned safe and sound. (Aunt nene)

- Yes, sorry for worrying, however, I still await my reward tonight. (Evan)

- Oh, you are more and more aggressive, hehe, that's fine, women like a bit of that aggressiveness hehe, don't worry I won't break my word. (Aunt nene)

After a bit of idle chatting, I went up to my room, took off my clothes and took a hot bath, to relax and wash off the dirt, I had not bathed in two days, so I needed a bath, especially because I would have fun at night with aunt nene.

When that thought entered my mind my partner below stood up energetically, I have to admit this new body is not only more attractive than my past life, but also more gifted, I do not want to show off, but my partner is huge.

And seeing my partner so excited I had no choice but to give him a helping hand and please myself, it was painful to see him excited and not allow him to relax, so having relieved myself I left the bathroom and got dressed in clean clothes and went down to dinner.

I went back to my room and opened my status, as I felt it change during this mission and it did indeed.

STATE
Former Name: Evan Mayer
Current Name: Alan Black
Race: Human 

WORKS
Trader's Apprentice Lv 15
Samurai Lv 34
Assassin Lv 15

ABILITIES
Sense of Danger Lv 8
Rapid Cut Lv 8
Stealth Lv 5

TITLES
Without Titles
Without Titles
Without Titles

My levels of assassin and samurai had increased several levels, not to mention my abilities, in fact those wolves were powerful, if it weren't for the trap I set I might not have come back alive, which made me think that I had very little information of this world and that could cost me dearly at some point.

7