Horror
58 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The teacher suddenly sprouted up looking over the 4 or so children left, “where is everyone Jake?” 


I was still trying to process the information that had been implanted into my brain.

 

So this was annoying, begrudgingly I answered, “sir they have left, haven’t you noticed the windows in your view?” Before he could utter a word, a scream echoed outside. 

 

Total silence could be heard until screaming yelling and people moving could be heard. A titanic roar echoed instilling some hidden fear, my knees buckled even if it wasn’t directed at me. 

 

A crash came seemingly as all the students fell over then the screaming grew louder. “Everyone stay here ill see what is going on.” Said my teacher sending new levels of respect through me for the man. 

 

I hurriedly reached into my pencil case pulling my pair of scissors out. Holding them bunched together there were only 3 students left the rest gone, the window was open letting the cool air in. 

 

I hurried behind the teacher’s desk locking myself in his cabinet, that couldn’t stop the smell of blood. A growl came thuds grew louder and louder, and my eyes were ready to waterfall my hands on them as my breathing was quiet and my entire body still.

 

I needed to hide and this was my only respite. Distracting myself from the smell of rust almost like the top of my Dad’s shed, I forced the tears down not wanting to get emotional about how they are going it was just going to work me up. 

‘Advanced status’ I said in my mind praying it would work it did. 

Name: Jake High 

Note - Your name 

Race: Human 

Note - Your race

Changes: 

Note - This is everything you have changed about yourself with change points

Change points: 1000

Note - Say ‘change shop’ to spend your change points on yourself changing your fundamental DNA 

Abilities: 

Note - Information that has been inputted into your mind to use certain techniques or abilities or to grasp a concept that would have taken years of training

S rank:

A rank:

B rank: 

C rank: 

D rank: 

E rank:

F rank: Hide

Inventory:

Note - Say ‘Inventory’ to access your personal dimensional space 

S rank:

A rank:

B rank: 

C rank: 

D rank: 

E rank:

F rank: 

Most of that information I already guessed, knowing inventories from games where you can store an infinite amount of items for any occasion.

 

The ability description I guessed from first-hand use, but the change point description was something I wouldn’t have been able to guess without information

 

This was from my classroom. The girl’s voice was Vanessa not a particularly nice or bad person that I have only talked to in passing or morning hi’s. The room shook and the heavy footsteps thundered presumably at Vanessa, as Vanessa tried to get away running to the window by the sound of the other set of footsteps.

 

I barely held in fear and tears clouded my expression as I tried so so desperately to keep it together. A tear came then the crunching and, it was nearly too much my hiding skill proving its worth working overtime to keep me under control as each crack and pop echoed around the room the blood starting to soak into the carpet. 

 

Then the footsteps continued out the room away from the classroom away from me then tears slid down my face. 

 

I huddled beneath the desk as the tinge of blood filled my senses my classmate’s blood that was alive only seconds earlier. 

 

I was pathetic so pathetic helpless helpless HELPLESS. A useless waste that couldn’t protect a person from something I didn’t even see. 

 

I cried until the ground was soaked and the blood was dull but still there. I had to get up I had to leave to find others to eat food, I had to go. 

 

Forcing myself up I looked to the wall not wanting to see the body of my former classmate, I didn’t want to cry again to know the person I could have saved but left to die, hidden behind the table and skill cloaking my presence. 

 

As I was looking at the wall going towards the door it didn’t help as the blood was everywhere. The blood was coated in it and the corridors were flowing in it. Not being able to hold it in I vomited covering the floor, even more, I couldn’t sit down so I went forward each step making a little splash. arms, intestines, shredded bodies, and the lot covered the corridor that things leftovers. 

 

This was horrible terrible, no person should ever have to see this. Yet here I was barely starting year 8 just starting to hit puberty thrown into hell like this. Reading is nothing compared to the actual scene. 

 

I thought I would be ready for this but here I was vomiting on the floor. After getting a hang of myself and stepping away from my filth I continued down the corridor. I looked into each room to see if I could find anyone but my eyes only teared up. Looking out to see the entrance it hadn’t escaped the massacre but it was a lot less bloody than in here. 

 

I realized I still had a few menus to look at which could be very very useful. I made my way into the nearest classroom closing the door behind me and locking it for extra protection. 

 

‘inventory’ I said in my mind. A 9 by 9 grid of boxes entered my view each one empty testing I grabbed a pencil from the nearest desk and willed it into the inventory.

 

The pencil disappeared from my hand and appeared in the first slot of my inventory. I willed it out as I did it in and it appeared in my hand not inside of my hand but in my hand and I grasped it instinctively.

 

I grabbed all scissors from my inventory now holding 15 slots of items after putting the pencil in. Sadly the items didn’t stack as that would be fucking useful. 

 

Damn the situation is getting to me. Quickly I went into the change shop saying it mentally. 

 

Like what happened in the ability section it started from A and went down presumably to Z.

 

I spent 3 hours figuring out my about while 1 hour was spent on a mental breakdown and comforting myself and my overwhelming anger. 

 

My first option was. 

Name: Shadow Cube

Ability: You blend into your surrounding easier and in shadowed areas, your body will start to become a shadow making it nearly impossible to see with the naked eye 

Look: Wherever you are a faint faint black cube will rotate above your head, this is impossible to hide. 

Price: 1000 points 

Limited: 1/4 left

 

This was perfect for me being able to hide in the shadows practically coming invisible, the cube didn’t matter me seeing some of the other options I was practically the same. 

 

The thing that stopped me from choosing it the moment I saw it was the cost. I didn’t know how many change points I would get back from each kill, so I could get 1000 to 1 from every enemy.

 

I looked onward finding only two others that suited me.

Name: Blue horns 

Ability: Upgrades one of your skills by 1 rank and gives you the mana sense ability 

Look: You will have two blue horns growing out of your head much like goat horns

Price: 1000 points + 20 inventory slots + 10% reduction in change points received after you kill a monster

Limited: 8/40

Note: Mana sense is an ability that allows the user to sense the mana in the air and can start making magical abilities

 

This had too many unknowns but could be the best option out of all 3. But I didn’t know what a rank-up would do and how the mana sense ability would work. Also, the loss of 20 inventory slots and a permanent reduction to change points after I kill a monster would be a massive hit. Also, the change points were a large concern 

 

But then again there could be so so much potential in it that 32 others have also seen. But also growing horns could make me look demonic and evil, I wasn’t an evil person standing a solid 173 inches with blond hair start of a mustache, and a pretty face I would look… odd. Appearances matter naught in this new world though. 

 

Name: Camouflage 

Ability: Helps you camouflage by changing your color to blend into the surrounding.

Look: A month after you have gotten this ability you will start growing scales on your body.

Price: 200 points 

Limited: ∞

 

This also would assist me and would sync well with my hiding ability but how would my parents view me with scales? How would anyone?

As I was going back to the shadow cube it was gone. I keep saying its name slowly then fastly only then getting a prompt by the system that it was already taken.

I sunk my head sadly realizing I couldn’t keep delaying food. I chose the Blue horns modification,  luckily it was still there. This was because even though the camouflage would provide me better hiding I would get magic and more techniques. 

 

Then a sharp pain sprung through my head knocking me out cold my last thought was how I was going to get soaked and probably vomit and break down again when I awoke.

3