Monster killing (edited)
28 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I awoke to the smell of smoke, heat smoldering, and a splitting headache. 

 

I put a hand on my hand rubbing my face until I hit a hard object that protruded from my head. I rubbed my hand across it up and down it was the horn. 

 

I felt the other side of my head another horn coming out. I couldn’t dwell on it for long as system messages clouded my view and the encroaching fire was my first priority. 

 

Name: Mana Sense 

Rank: Unranked (natural upgrade) 

Ability: Able to sense the mana lines in the area and mana fluctuations around the person. With enough time you could manipulate these lines to create a spell. 

Name: Hiding

Rank: E

Ability: Basic hiding techniques will be distilled into your mind and you will become more naturally versed with hiding.

Upgrade paths:

  1. Invisibility: 10 seconds of invisibility to anyone and anything. (Exceptions apply)
  • 10-minute cooldown 
  1. Increased attack: When in hiding you can launch an attack that has 4 times your natural strength against it.
  • 5-minute cooldown 
  1. Impossible to track: All E grade or lower tracking abilities will not work on you 
  • Passive 24/7

 

I read it once deciding that escaping the raging fire was better than waiting for the fire to kill me. 

 

I hurried out the door going back to the corridor blood still coated the place and also me as half my body had dry blood covering it, I must look like a fucking serial murder. 

 

I ran back towards the end of the corridor towards the back entrance as the front was burning with an intensity that hot food couldn’t match. 

 

I made it through the back door making my way out of that nightmare into a forest… This wasn’t right no forests were supposed to be 10 km away from us, but here just outside the back corridor lay a forest. 

 

This is what it meant with the two worlds merging the natural geography has been changed with it. I wasn’t in Gladstone Australia anymore. I was just somewhere. 

 

Tears poured down my face realizing the possibility of never seeing my parents again. My knees buckled I crumpled into a ball hopefully for the last time letting out all my emotions in one angry, sad and terrifying moment. 

 

The world has changed. So I must change with it, better or worst. 

 

Minutes after my epiphany and emotional outburst, I was acting cold, indifferent, it was fake and I was scared, but it was a way for me to cope. 

 

I brought back up the system message to review it over as I walked deeper into the forest, but not too far to get lost or easily picked off by animals. 

 

The invisibility option would allow me to sneak away from a dangerous situation or make a complete surprise attack. The increase would allow me to get 1 stab and one stab only to finish off my opponent but I would have to time it perfectly. The impossible to track would be useful but I wouldn’t need it as I would get killed even without being tracked. 

 

I chose the invisibility path because of its ability to escape deadly situations and I wouldn’t need to get into a struggle to escape. Hopefully, I could learn a magical ability soon, or I may be screwed in a physical altercation if I ever saw the thing that killed most of my classmates. 

 

I took one final look back at the burning building and the surrounding areas going up in flames and left directly forward. There would be no safety there and even these woods would hopefully have more safety than inside burning smoldering brick houses.

 

Maybe ill find some of my classmates I pondered as I walked into the forest, its darkness encompassing me while the trees were like giants looking down at something that wasn’t worth a minute of their time. 

 

It was getting darker and darker by the minute, as the sun changed to the moon, my mind wandered not focusing on the unpleasantness that I was experiencing, but on silly fantasies.

 

I thought about how I was coming home to a steak dinner, and how my switch membership was going to be renewed and I could finally play with my friends again.

 

A scream tore me from my wishful thoughts, I looked west of me where the scream came. I ran towards the scream. Cautious of the danger that was to come, if the opponent was too strong for me to defeat with my scissors I would run again, knowing suicide is stupid. 

 

As I drew closer, the screaming grew shaky until it was just scared whimpering and heavy breathing then I saw it. A 3 eyed boar with purple skin and hair its entire body looked like it was made from pure muscles. 

A person from the same high school as me was wielding a switchblade. Pointing towards the beast.  

He turned towards me his eyes growing even wider from my horns and blood all over my body. “I- im human this is the systems doing.” His eyes grew wider pointing the knife between me and the monster, constantly switching warding us to stay back. 

 

The monster was charging something, my mana sense picking up a swirl of energy around the boar's body, then the boar grew. Its mass increased by 2 times and its already bulky build just added a whole new layer of impossible. 

 

This had to end, now. The other guy just looked terrified his legs shaking I noticed the blood on his shoes knowing he has seen that horror. I crossed the difference between the steroid-up boar and me. 

 

Pulling out my scissors I held them tighter than I've held scissors before. The boar seeing me turned towards me forgoing its previous prey, charging nearly two times faster than I was at it. 

 

I hoped, prayed that this thing was like all the other mindless stupid beasts. as it was about to ram into me I bounced right hopping off my back foot to twirl and stabbing the scissor down my entire weight going into my blow while the boar’s speed pushed the blade in further It went mostly in until I was thrown back from my attack. 

 

Note - he was thrown back as after he landed on the beast was still carrying momentum and with the MC only having the scissors as a hold on the beast he got launched back from the speed and power the beast was moving. 

 

Stumbling and rolling for about 5 meters or so I got up covered in scratches and bruises. Another pair of scissors appeared in my hand as the boar turned towards me furious.

 

 blood gushed from its wound coloring the floor as it charged mindlessly at me not caring about its injuries, only opening them up more. With its movement growing sluggish by the second and its size power depleting and vanishing into the air, all I had to do was keep moving and dodging around it while my nerves were going crazy every time it came close. 

 

One time I tried to attack it again but it didn’t make the same attack twice turning on me as I cut down I barely spun out of the way as it cut a line across my ribs blood started to come out but it was a shallow wound. 

 

My first attack did the job and now it was just lying there, ready for the slaughter. I cut off some of my shirt applying it to the wound wincing and groaning as I did a little shout came out as it touched, better pain now than bleeding to death later. After applying the makeship bandage I pulled out my knife stabbing the boar again and again continuing even after the system message came up.

 

After it was just a bloodied corpse and I saw its insides spewing out I stopped my pointless rage.

 

I turned towards the person to find he was gone, run off as I was risking my life for his ass. 

 

“That bastard!” I yelled. No reply came it would be stupid to wander farther into the forest than I could see the fire, which now has spread onto the forest. The trees just adding fule to their unquenching hunger.

 

I made the system message appear. Willing it into view and it heeded my command. 

 

Congratulations! 

For your first kill you have been awarded double change points and a choice for future monster kills!

Tier 2 Purple Enhanced Magical Boar (87*2= 174 - 10%=157 rounded up)

Choice:

  1. Meat and other edible items will be turned into canned food that will be hot when opened 
  2. Ability cores will have an 80% increased chance of appearing

I chose the meat without a second thought. I didn’t know how to prepare food and getting it nice and hot and suitable for eating right away would be a blessing. 

 

Yes, the ability core increase would be nice but I could live with that for a greater chance of survival. 

I turned back towards the pig seeing that stacks of pig meat has appeared all in tuna cans I grabbed them all putting them in my inventory 48 spaces were filled up now. 

I looked back towards the flames knowing there was no way back, everything would have been burned. Gulping I turned towards the forest going in covered in blood and eating boar meat with a sour aftertaste. 

2