Wash (Short Chapter)
66 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
sorry I've been doing exams and studying so this chapter is shorter but next chapter that's coming on the weekend will be larger than usual

I wandered the forest moving quietly in the undergrowth techniques coming to me naturally planning out the best route and path to go forward.

 

I quietly crept through the forest hearing the howls and roaring of beast in the difference. I didn’t hear any more screams, but I did hear sounds of fighting. 

 

I didn’t go looking for trouble though as trouble was still going to find me, as the old saying goes. 

 

After going very deep within the forest I found it, my salvation. Water. I checked for animal tracks and found an abudance. 

 

Happiness flitted across my complexion, I jumped straight right in. It was barely knee height but I bathed in there washing myself of the blood.

 

Pure heaven, heaven I so desperately needed after the hell I have been through. I drank gallon fulls of the water until I couldn’t anymore and ate 4 whole cans of boar meat, why not enjoy myself? 

 

Like all good things though, they come to a end. Heavy footsteps approached heading for the water. I couldn’t see it as I was bathing at the bottom of the water. 

 

Activating my invisibility I made slow movements out of the water, activating my invisibility when I first saw the monster. It was a giant mantis but its skin had a protective armour almost like plating covering it. 


I quickly went towards the tree, my 10 seconds more than enough as I was running. The mantis didn’t notice or didn’t care, only looking up from the water once from what I saw. 

 

As I went behind the tree and my invisibility vanished I calmed my racing heart and tried my best to stop my shivering. It was freezing, but it was a million times better than being covered in blood.

 

Minutes passed and finally, footsteps moved away from the water ground back where it came, no sighs or breaths of relief came out only inside my head. I needed a spell to even the playing field, or outright destroy it. 

 

I looked through the air with my mana sense, which has been more of a hindrance than a help so far and saw the swirl of the infinite changing blue lines that formed the precipice of magic. 

 

I reached out but the lines moved away from my hand away from me. I tried to will them to force them to bend to dominate them. Nothing happened. 

 

I tried again and again minutes passed and I grew into hopelessness at nothing working. I breathed out realizing its hopeless at the moment. I need more information before it would work. 

 

I went onto the change system, going through all the cool modifications I could make. My eyes started to drift off to sleep, I had to go hide I was too out in the open to sleep here. 

 

I moved up the tree my black school shirt blending into the surroundings as I finally drifted off to sleep, my mind and body drained and even my horns didn’t hamper me as I lay on the bark.

 

I cried for days to come, and the hardships that followed. As I lay here uncomfortable and in pain as I sat here and the soft wind hit me.

0