E.P. 6 Dire Situations
26 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The camera opens up to Nora waking up.

Klein:"No need to worry, miss." *Nora looks to Klein.* "You and your friends are going to be just fine."

Klein is setting up an IV drip. Then the door opens and Blake, Ruby, Weiss and Whitley are carry Penny and Asher.

Blake:"She lost consciousness and she's...leaking. Asher barley even looks alive, and he's bleeding."

Klein:"Set them down, set them down."

They set Penny and Asher down on some cots. Then Ruby sets Redemption and the magnum next to Asher. Then Whitley backs up and looks down to his shirt that has green and red blood on it and he sighs. Then Ruby and Weiss looks down to their hands that have green and red blood on them.

Ruby:*Looks to Klein.* "Can you help them?"

Klein comes over and uses a devices that has an X-Ray on Penny.

Klein:"Even based on what you've told me, I hardly know what she is." *He clears his throat and his eyes turn brown.* "But her basic anatomy seems similar enough. I can at least stitch up that wound."

The Klein goes over to Asher and looks over his body with the X-Ray. It shows that his heart isn't beating or barely even is and his arm left arm has a broken bone and is bleeding. He's barley even breathing.

Klein:"The boy is in bad shape, but I can fix him up as best I can.... Hopefully."

Then a loud boom of thunder happens outside and Ruby and Weiss jump. Then the lights go out.

Whitley:"Oh, that's just rich."

Then Ruby scroll goes off and she answers it. Weiss walks over to Asher and crouches down to him and grabs his right hand.

May:*Scroll.*"Everyone okay back there? Just saw another bombing run light up the kingdom." *Ruby looks outside."

Ruby:"Looks like part of the city lost power." *She looks back to her scroll.* "We're okay though."

May:*scroll.* "Sorry, I couldn't stick around, but time's running out for everyone in the crater."

Ruby:"No, we're sorry. Once we know what's wrong with Penny and Asher, we'll.... we'll do something."

May:*Scroll.* "Don't beat yourself up kid. At this point, I don't know how much is left to be done." *May hangs up.*

Ruby:"It's all just too much." *Weiss Stands up and puts a hand on Ruby's shoulder.* "The Grimm, the crater, Nora, Penny, Asher." *She looks to Weiss.* "How do we fix all of it?"

Klein sneezes and his eyes turn blue.

Klein:"One step at a time, my dear." *He sneezes again then he clears his throat and his eyes turn back to brown.* "You can't worry about fixing everything. Simply focus on what's in front of you. If you'd like some place to start, I'd be able to work faster if you could bring the power back on."

Ruby:"Well how would we-"

Then Willow Schnee appears in the doorway with a bottle of wine in her hand.

Willow:"We have a generator near the edge of the estate."

Everyone looks to her and Whitley sighs and crosses his arms.

Whitley:"So kind of you to join us, mother."

Willow:"Believe it or not. I am above drinking in the dark." *She then sees Klein.* "Oh, hello Klein." *Klein just nods.*

Weiss:"SDC Executives have their own auxiliary power supplies in case of a city-wide blackout. It's extremely, unfair, but perhaps now isn't such a bad time for company perks."

Whitley:"We don't just have perks."

Weiss:"Hm?"

Whitley:"We have the company. The people you mentioned in the crater, they need a way out, right? There are rows and rows of cargo ships just sitting in the hanger because of the embargo."

Weiss:"And our own automated drones. Like the ones at Snowshoe Shipping."

Whitley:"We can order as many as we need to pilot our ships down to the crater and get people to safety. While the Grimm are occupied with the general's forces."

Blake:"We can?"

Whitley:"I can. I just need Father's computer."

Ruby:"Then we definitely need to get the power back on.

Few Minutes later.

Ruby and Blake are running out the back of the Mansion and come to a little building surrounded by a gate and fence. Ruby and Blake look to each other and nod and they open the gate. They run inside the building and come to the generator. Ruby pulls a switch down and a computer starts up and it starts a power back up Sequence.

Ruby:"Oh, come on, come on."

Blake:"Don't worry. It'll work."

Ruby:*Looks sad.*"Nothing else has."

Blake:"I know you don't always know what to do, but that's never stopped you from doing something. I was like that as a girl, but time and a lot of other things.." *Ruby looks to Blake.* "...Took their toll on me. And then I wasn't sure if that kind of girl could actually survive in the world, until I met you."

Blake:"It was a little strange at first because you were younger, but I've always looked up to you, Ruby.." *Ruby is now smiling.* "..And I still do."

Ruby:"Thanks, Blake."

Then the computer beeps and the power turns on. Then Blake turns to Ruby and her eyes widen and her cat ears go down. The camera turns and shows Ruby standing in front of a window and lighting goes off and it shows the hound behind her out the window.

Ruby:"What?"

Ruby's eyes widen and she slowly turns around.

The camera switches to a room where Klein and Willow are sitting down and talking. Then a loud boom and some glass breaking is heard.

Klein:"What was that?"

Willow shakily reacher for the wine bottle. The a distant roar is heard.

The camera moves over to Weiss. Her brother is at their father's computer typing away at it and Weiss activates her com.

Weiss:"Ruby! Blake!"

Ruby:*Com.* "Weiss! There's a Grimm that-Look out!" *Fighting is heard from the radio and Weiss looks to Whitley.* "Can you handle this?"

Whitley:"Assuming you can handle that."

Weiss:"Ugh." *She starts running out of the room.* "We still need to work on your attitude."

The camera goes back to Ruby as she's thrown out of the building. The Hound walks out and roars at her. Blake runs up and tries to jump attack from above but the Hound hits her away. The Hound then lunges at Ruby but she uses her semblance to get away and land next to Blake.

Ruby:"What is this thing?"

Blake:"It's just a Grimm." *Blake starts to run around the Hound shooting at it.* "Just focus."

Ruby starts to focus on using her silver eyes. Blake lunges at The Hound but it bats her away and turns to Ruby.

Hound:"Take the girl. Take the boy." *It runs at Ruby and tackles her making aura flicker and it knocks her out.*

Blake:"Ruby!"

The Hound grows wings and starts to fly up, but Blake throws her weapon at it and it wraps around its ankles and she tries pulls the Hound down. Weiss runs up then activates her coms.

The camera moves over to the room with the injured. Klein is working on Penny. Asher had his torso exposed and has bandages wrapped around his and the top of his left arm. His bandages on his left arm are soaked in blood. He has an oxygen mask on and an IV drip attached to to his right arm. His eye patch is also off and He looks peaceful.

Willow pours herself a drink.

Weiss:*Com.*"Klein! There's a Grimm here and others might be nearby. Keep everyone together and call if there's trouble."

Klein:"Of course."

Willow accidentally drops the glass and her drink. Her hands are shaking.

Klein:"Madame, please try to calm yourself." *The Penny wakes up and her eyes are red."

Willow:"I can't do this." *She runs out of the room.* "I can't do this!"

Klein:"Willow, please come back!" *Penny stands up behind him and Klein notices.* "Goodness, try not to-" *She throws him to the side.*

Penny eyes flicker from red to green and her maiden powers start to go wild.

Penny:"No, not again!"

The camera moves back to the others as Weiss uses her Glyphs to shoot Ice at the Hound. But she misses and she stabs her sword into the ground and starts to summon a nevermore but worm like Grimm come out of the ground and stop her and Blake's weapon comes off of the hound.

The Hound flies up and notices the green glow from Penny's Maiden powers inside. Ruby wakes up and notices the hound looking towards where Penny is.

Ruby:"It's not here for me, It's here for Penny and Asher!" *The Hound drops Ruby and flies to Penny and Asher.*

Weiss:"Ruby!"

Ruby hits the ground and her Aura shatters. Blake kills a Grimm and looks to Weiss.

Blake:"Help the others, I've got her."

Weiss runs back to the mansion. Then Blake runs to Ruby but a strange Grimm comes out of the ground between her and Ruby.

The camera moves back to Penny as she's struggling for control over her body.

Klein:"You're okay. Please!"

Penny:"I don't want to do it." *Then Nora grabs Penny's hand.*

Nora:"Hey..." *Penny looks to her.* "No one's going to make you do anything you don't want to do."

Penny:*Her eyes flicker.* "But there is a part of me...It's making me..."

Nora:"It's just a part of you." *Penny's maiden powers go away.* "Don't forget about the rest." *Nora squeezes Penny's hand.*

Penny crouches down and holds Nora's hand then she looks over to Asher and then walks over to him and holds is hand.

Weiss:*Com.*"Klein, it's coming inside. Stay Quiet. I'm on my way."

Klein:"Do hurry. Whitley and Willow have yet to return."

Weiss:*Com* "What? Where'd Mom go?"

Then a loud crash is hear and the camera moves towards the sound to show that the Hound is now inside the mansion. It sniffs the air and finds some green and red blood on the ground and it sniffs it.

The camera moves over to the Penny as she walks over to Nora and they both look to the door.

Then the camera moves back to the front doors as Weiss runs inside. She looks around and quietly walks.

Willow:*Com* "Above you!"

Weiss looks up and the Hound jumps down and bashes her to the side. She hits a piano and her aura flickers. The Hound moves to her but stops and sniffs the air. Then it runs away with Weiss trying to hit it with ice.

Weiss:*Activates her coms.* "Mom?"

The camera moves to show Willow looking at her scroll. There are camera screens on it.

Willow:"I-I can see it. It's outside Winter's old room. I- You can kill it? Can't you?"

Weiss:*Com.* "What it is doing?" *It shows that the Hound is sniffing around.*

Willow:"I'm not sure. It's acting strange. Why is it here?"

Wiess:*Com* "It doesn't matter."

The camera moves to show Weiss walking up the stairs.

Weiss:"Just keep an eye on it so I can track it down."

Willow:*Com* "Right."

The camera moves back to Willow.

Willow:"Right. It's moving again. Heading towards...Oh dear, no."

The camera then moves to Whitley as he's typing on the computer.

Whitley:"I can do this."

Willow:*Com*'Whitley."

Whitley turns his scroll off.

Whitley:"You are the last thing I need." *The door then creaks open.*"All that's left should be..." *He growls and looks over to the door but his eyes widen.*

The camera moves over to the door and The Hound walks in and the camera moves to show Whitley under the desk hiding. The Hound comes into the room and sniff around. Whitley looks around the desk and sees the Hound.

Computer:"Credentials verified. Click to proceed."

The Hound walks over to the desk.

Hound:"I know. You're here."

Then a summoned Boarbatusk charges and hits the Hound in the side. Willow is at the door way.

Willow:"Run!"

Whitley runs away but then runs back to the computer and hits a key then runs out of the room.

Computer:"Thank you."

Willow and Whitley run down the hall and the boarbatusk is thrown of out the room and the Hound comes out and starts to chase the two.

After some running the Hound lunges at the two but an Ice wall blocks it's path. whitley and Willow look over to see Weiss.

Weiss:"I didn't forget you."

The ice wall starts shartter at the Hound is beating on it.

Weiss:"Go!"

Willow and Whitley run pass Weiss and as Willow does she puts a hand on Weiss's shoulder and Weiss nods then Willow run after Whitley. Then Weiss stabs her sword in the ground and starts to summon.

The camera moves back to Blake as she is battling the strange Grimm. She's blocking it's blows then she jumps a few feet back.

Blake:"Why did it get more disgusting?"

The Grimm starts to shoot acid and Blake dodges the acid.

Blake:"I don't know if you can hear me," *Blake ducks under an attack them blocks another one.* "But I need you Ruby. We all need you."

Blake jumps back then lunges at the Grimm but it grabs her weapon and throws her on the ground. It goes to stab her but she moves out of the way and uses her semblance to get away. She jumps at it but the Grimm bats her away. Blake hits the wall and her aura shatters.

Blake:*Panting.* "Please, get up." *Then the Grimm grabs Blake by the throat and lifts her up.*

The Grimm goes to bite Blake but then it's suddenly slices and it drops Blake and the Grimm turns to dust. Blake looks up to See Ruby with her scythe.

Ruby:"I could hear you."

Blake sighs and Ruby walks over and helps her up. Then they hear a scream from inside the mansion.

The camera moves to the Hound as it has it's head in a hole in the ice wall. Then it backs away and runs down the hall. Then Weiss activates her com.

Weiss:"It's coming!"

The camera moves to Penny as she's struggling to remain in control of her body.

Penny:"I'm sorry!" *Penny closes her eyes and she stops moving.*

Penny reopened her eyes and they are red. She starts to walk to the door and Klein tries to stop her but she pushes him on the ground. Penny walks out of the room. The camera follows her as she passes Whitley and Willow.

Whitley:"What are you doing?"

Penny:"I must open the vault, and then self terminate."

The Hound lunges at Penny but she stops it's paws with her hands. Then another hand appears from it's back and grabs Penny's head. And it starts to slam her on the ground.

Hound:"Take. The. Girl." *It knocks Penny out and lifts her up.*

Ruby and Blake and Weiss Run inside and see the Hound Holding Penny.

Ruby:"Penny!" *The Hound puts a claw to Penny's neck and they stop running.* "That's enough."

Ruby's uses her silver eyes and the Hound roars and falls out the window behind it, dropping Penny on the ground. Penny falls down the stairs. The three runs up and crouch next to Penny.

The suddenly the Hound climbs up the window and it speaks but it sounds more human than Grimm.

Hound:"Take. The girl."

Then the Camera shows the Hound's face and it's actually a man with silver eyes. The Hound climbs back inside.

Hound:"Take. the boy." *The hounds body starts to reform.* "Take. the. Girl." *Ruby's eyes widen in horor.* "Take. the. boy." *The hound's head starts to reform and Weiss and Blake grab Penny and moves her away.*

Hound: "Take. the. girl!" *Willow and Whitley start to pushes against a statue on top of the stairs.* "Take. the. Girl" *It's fully reform and lunges at the group but the statue falls on top of the Hound Killing it.*

The Hound starts to turn to dust and Ruby looks at the wreck and falls to her knees.

Weiss:"What was that?"

Ruby:"That was a person." *The dust from the Hound disappears and a skeleton hand is seen.*

The camera fades to black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-15-2021

2660 words.

2