Chapter 17 – School clubs
629 7 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That's pretty much all the clubs at the school."

"W-wow to think you can even remember all of them..."

There really is a HUGE selection of clubs.

"Right... You said you wanted to try out as many as possible, right?"

"Yes, that's my plan."

"I think that's a good idea, if you decide on a club too early on you might miss out on a club that actually fits you much better."

"Umu."

I can only nod at that. My main goal is to learn as many skills as possible, but I also want to have fun during my school time, so a club that I am most comfortable with would be the best to join at the end. But for now, I want to prioritize production skill clubs like the Sewing Club, Wood Carving Club, and so on.

"Then let me tell you a bit about guest participation. Most clubs allow regular guest participation as long as you fill out a form and notify the club at least a day before. Many clubs also don't meet daily so if you want to try out many clubs you can create a plan of sorts. Actually, there was once a student who wanted to create a record of how fast he can participate in every club in this school. He put his calendar up on his blog, maybe you can use that as a template and modify it to fit your needs. I can send his blog to you later."

"Oh, amazing! That would really help me out!"

"Mm, you should also know that not all clubs allow guest participation like that, some clubs like the Theatre Club are too busy preparing for plays and have no to look after guests. Those usually offer crash course days for small groups a few times a year, you'll have to check their flyers as to when that would be. Those aren't just to accommodate for guest participants but also, or rather, mainly are used as an advertisement to recruit new members, so the experience might be a little different from normal."

"That is fine with me, I just want to know how they operate and what they usually do and what kind of people are in the clubs. To see if I can fit in and get along with everyone."

And obviously getting skills shouldn't be a problem in an environment like that so I really have no complaints.

"Thanks for showing me around and explaining all that, you really helped me out with all that!"

"Haha, no problem, it was nice seeing your reactions to all the ridiculous aspects of this school, those faces alone were worth it for me, everyone else here is already used to it so their reactions are way too mediocre!"

Before I noticed we were not only done eating but already back in our classroom.

"..."

Just what happened to Chiaka...? Is she even alive anymore??

She is lying on her desk with her arms stretched out forward. I poke her cheek but there is no reaction.

"Are you okay? Just what did they do to you?"

"...Traitor. I hate you. I want to divorce!"

"Seems like you're okay again."

"I'M NOT!"

She sits up properly and turns towards me with tear-filled eyes.

"I'M NOT OKAY!"

She quickly clings to me. They are small but I think I can vaguely feel her breasts... maybe?

"You really are small..."

She lets go again.

"You're talking about my height, right? Right?"

"..."

"I've already suffered so much and I didn't even get to eat anything! Why does my husband have to bully me too now?!"

I feel like she's been losing more and more of her initially introduced character? Maybe it's because she is hungry.

"Since the class is starting how about something small?"

"Hm?"

I pretend to search for something in my bag and pull out an energy bar from my Item Box. I wasn't sure about the cafeteria before so I prepared a bento box and some snacks just in case. My baking skills aren't as good as my cooking but it should be fine.

"Here. A homemade energy bar."

"Homemade? By Hiro?"

"Yeah, as I said I'm fine with cooking, I wanted to try out making snacks the other day, I'm not sure if it'll fit your taste but maybe it can cheer you up again."

"Made by Hiro... Hiro's food... Mm!"

She looks happy. Rather she is slowly returning to being more stoic looking, no? Maybe that's her happy face? Anyways seems like she is back to normal.

Classes continued like that. Unlike Sakai-sensei the other teachers were very competent and classes were easy to understand and fun too.

 

*       *        *

 

After school, I let the Sewing Club know about me wanting to participate in their club as a guest. They told me it was fine if I just come tomorrow.

My current plan is to spend about 3 days in each club so I can learn as many different things as possible. The normal world isn't an environment where I can freely raise my skill proficiencies, other than for the body control and social skills, that is why I want to try my best to use the clubs at my school to learn as many skills as possible. I'm especially interested in production skills like Tailoring because I can see immediate use in them. I could use them to make equipment for myself or others and maybe even start a small shop in the fantasy world!

I'm not sure if I want to start anything big in the fantasy world yet. I'm using the high school as a buffer time of sorts. I will decide how to proceed with the two worlds once I finish high school. It's a big decision for me after all. Stay in the fantasy world most of the time or continue to try and live a life in both worlds at the same time? I've been having a hard time doing that honestly. I can maximize my time usage by sleeping less but that has its limits too... That's why I want to wait and decide later. Maybe things will change for me in the future.

Back to the clubs, as I said I am mainly interested in production skills, so those clubs are my priority. I am overall very happy with what the great sage left for me but the 'heavenly set' items are more of a quality-of-life improvement rather than what I would call 'end game equipment'. From my understanding, the great sage was just so strong that he didn't feel the need for strong armor or weapons, and while the weapons are certainly strong from my point of view, they have much to be improved on when it comes to damage output.

For now, I should use today to prepare myself for the Sewing Club? I want to use my little time there as efficiently as possible, and to ask good questions I should know the basics beforehand! Let's go shopping for a bit to look at designs and gather samples. After that, I can read books and use the internet to try sewing a little at home. Seems like I won't enter the fantasy world for a short while but that should be fine.

 

 

I have a habit of putting too much information in too few words and creating big blocks of text like at the end here. I had to rewrite this chapter 3 times until it came to this point. Hopefully, these are not too painful. I'm trying my best to put things into conversations and smaller blocks but I feel like it would be unrealistic if a character spoke all his thoughts and future plans so it's a bit hard sometimes. Maybe once I grow as an author, things will go more smoothly~

On a side note, I feel like I've been using the author notes as a sort of daily diary for a while now. I'm not sure how immersion-breaking this will be for binge readers but I find it to be really relaxing so I'm going to continue haha

Have fun reading~

33