Chapter 21 – Return to Fantasy
525 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I added items to the Glossary! It's not much, but if you ever forget about a named character or location, it should be enough to help you remember!

 

"Finally, I'm breathing the fresh fantasy air again~"

It is now Friday, I came here right after club activities. I also told everyone I would not be home for the weekend, so I should be fine.

I have a lot of plans but I don't think a weekend is enough. Maybe I should slow down the pace at which I visit new clubs? If I only visit a single club per week, I would be able to spend my time in the fantasy world too. I already have many skills as I was speedrunning the clubs until now so maybe it's ok to slow down now... My status is also cleaned up properly. Yeah, I'll visit the fantasy world more often again!

First off, I can restock my food ingredients and herbs again. Next, I should see if the princess needs protection from the assassins, after that, I can play around with Silvia.

"... Huh?"

Princess?

"AAAHHHHHH!!"

How did I forget?!

I quickly run out of the forest, maybe nothing happened yet, maybe I'm not late!

I feel like I saw people outside the barrier just now? No, no, who would be in the Black Devil Forest, no way someone was there. I am busy right now I can't just...

I quickly run back again.

"..."

Two girls are sleeping here. One has long blond hair and fancy silver-white armor and a fancy-looking sword. The other girl is, umm, small and... green...? She is about 1 meter tall and has light green skin with dark green hair, she is naked. Just what is this?

The blond girl could be the princess, right? But what is going on? There are just too many things that are different from what I remember. Like just who is this green girl?

'What I remember'? Actually, am I not forgetting too much? Is it because of the Int stat? Are my new memories too dominant on my mind? That shouldn't be the case, right? I wouldn't just forget who I was before being transported here right?

"Nnnm."

Oh, the blond girl is waking up. Ah, in case that she really is the princess I should put a mask on, I don't really want royalty to annoy me when I walk around town. Luckily, I made a few masks during my club visitations. I'll just use this fox mask. I say fox mask, but it barely resembles the standard fox masks made in Japan.

First off, I chose a slightly different design to make it cooler, hehe. It is thinly carved out of wood and painted by me. It has two pieces, that way I can remove the mouthpiece when needed. I added two strings on each side with little balls and feathers on the end. I made it relatively flat and it fits my face perfectly, well I made it for my own use so that is to be expected. Normally this wouldn't just stick to my face but thanks to my adhesive magic it won't fall off unless I lose consciousness. I still want to turn this into a magic item that would stick without me using my mana.

At first, I didn't want to go for a fox mask but since I was in Japan, I thought I might as well choose a Japanese mask design. After looking at traditional masks most of them were either too creepy or too scary for me, that is why I chose the cliché fox mask. At least I made sure to change it up enough.

Ah, fuck it, if I'm doing this, I can go the full way! I quickly use [Item Box] to put my current clothing away and equip a kimono I made myself and finally I take out a katana. I should also change my voice when I use this appearance. Everything is made by me so this feels kind of weird but it also makes me somewhat proud. Honestly, I also feel a bit like a weeb...

Ah, my hair color too! Let's make it white I guess, it's not getting any worse anyway.

"Uuhhh."

The blond girl wakes up and sleepily looks at me who is silently standing inside the barrier.

"AH?!"

She stumbles back after getting shocked at my appearance, I'm sure I don't look creepy she must be scared because she just woke up and didn't expect me. I hope.

"H-how are you inside? Who are you?"

Oh, she stood up and got in battle position! Remarkable.

I shouldn't use appraisal before I confirm my suspicions from last time. But I also don't need to to to understand that these two are far weaker than I am.

I leisurely step out of the barrier. I am actually not sure how I should answer her questions, I just decided to hide myself because I thought it would be easier in the long run. I thought it might give me more options. Like, I wouldn't have to hold back with this appearance, all I need to do is only use weapons I normally wouldn't and keep my voice and hair color changed.

"Tell me no--"

"Who are you and why are you here?"

She looks pretty nervous right now, the green girl still is sleeping though. I have to get some information to understand what happened first.

"I am the second princess of Taluria, Katharina von Taluria! This person brought me here after I was attacked by assassins..."

She really is the princess, it seems like I was too late but somehow the situation resolved itself? Then I need to find out who this green girl is.

"Who is this girl?"

"I don't know! Umm, you're not an enemy right?"

"I don't see a reason as to why we would be enemies."

"This person asked me to get something out of your house because she couldn't enter..."

Shouldn't she keep her wariness for a bit longer? She really is adapting to my presence quickly.

"Hey, wake up!"

If you shake her even a bit harder her head might fall off, is she a deep sleeper maybe?

"Nnnnng... What is. It, human?"

"The house owner is here."

The girl is looking at me sleepily, unlike the princess she doesn't react at all.

"Human. You finally. Came. Give me. Food."

"..."

What? Huh? Food? And why is she talking like she didn't talk for a hundred years? It sounds like she is extremely lethargic or can't properly breathe. Just what is this?

"What do you mean 'food'? Can't you just make food as you did for me?"

"No. I want. His food. Delicious smell."

"First I have some questions. Who are you?"

"A Child. Of Nature. No name."

I look at the princess, but she shakes her head, so she also doesn't know what that means.

"Why are you here?"

"I smelled. Delicious food. But can't. Enter."

"Then, did you rescue the princess?"

"I thought. Humans could. Enter maybe."

"This barrier keeps anyone with bad intentions out, so I can assume that you are an enemy?"

"W-what?! Does such a barrier really exist?! I really am not your enemy, I swear on my name!"

"Not enemy. Want food."

"You said, you wanted to take something, right? If you had no other intentions, it's probably because that was registered as theft."

What a thorough barrier.

"T-that incredible...!"

"Anyway, what did you want to take? That 'food' you were talking about?"

"Yes."

Is it perhaps the plants in the garden?

"Other than a few plants there isn't anything edible here though? And from what I understood you could 'make food'?

"I can. Grow plants. But not. Food."

"Yes, for example when she pointed at trees, they started growing apples!"

I don't think I will get much more useful information from them on this topic, I know that I can trust the princess to not do anything to me but the weird green dwarf... is probably also fine. I should just invite them in.

 

 

Now that we are back in the fantasy world, I'll try and write of both worlds simultaneously without having a world not appearing for too long like before. Well, unless something big is going on. At least I have that thought right now, who knows how things actually turn out...

By the way, using Grammarly and MS Editor made me realize just how often I change my mind during a sentence, if it was me reading that shit, I would've instantly complained about the horrible grammar xD

By the way, after looking at the statistics I noticed that my novel was on the first page of the series rankings when you look at the 'Rising' Category for the 'week'. This gave me newfound hope that one day I could actually land on the front page for daily trending novels~

This is all thanks to you guys, my readers <3

30