Chapter 25 – The Dark Guild
496 11 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luckily this idiot went the same way that he came from when I was searching for the prince. If not for that I wouldn't have a chance to find him again. Now he even brought me to the Dark Guild's base. At least one of them if there are multiple. Maybe I should reward him? Nah.

I enter the iron door the useful suspicious guy just entered. Unlike him, I use a more forceful way of opening the door though.

""!!""

There are a bunch of third-rate villains are standing around, shocked at my entrance. Never mind they are grabbing all kinds of weapons. The Heavenly weapons set I got had most basic basics covered but there wasn't a katana and these guys also have a lot of weapons I have never seen in action before. I should really get more variety for myself. At least to play around if nothing else.

In this situation I should put on my most beautiful business smile, right? Ah, right I have a mask on, should I put away the lower piece? No, whatever if I smile like a professional the feeling should come across with my words!

"I just came to talk, no need to be so on edge!"

<You acquired the [Menacing] skill>

<[Menacing] fused into the [Social Mastery] skill>

No one can see it but I swear this was a beautiful business smile!

"W-what do you want?"

One of the third-rate villains steps up, he makes me think that he is almost not a third-rate. Almost. Not really. Seems like anyone with skills is out right now.

"This doesn't seem to be your main base?"

These guys are behaving weirdly, shouldn't people from the underground be fiercer if some random guy suddenly came into their base?

I try appraising the one that just talked.

Name Ardwin
   
Occupation Thief
Race  

"HEY! GET THIS BASTARD!"

He definitely reacted to my appraisal! I also felt some kind of rejection of my skill when he shouted. This means the appraisal skill can indeed be noticed, that would mean I wasn't appraised so far. 1 For those who forgot, suspicion arose due to the Ape only reacting after the appraisal Unless I need some kind of skill for that to work. The appraisal can also be canceled, so I need one or maybe 2 skills related to this...

I can easily evade their attacks, it's a bit annoying to pay attention to all these different weapon types but their coordination isn't the best, most seem to be used to only be working alone. But the environment isn't the best to use a katana, should I just use a weapon I'm more used to? Hand-to-hand combat is also fine, but--

"This bastard isn't normal, quickly some of you run and inform the boss while we keep him here!"

I just felt it, no if he didn't talk right after I probably wouldn't have noticed this feeling. Something was off like the tiniest breeze passing by when there shouldn't be any windows open. No, it was more akin to a single strand of hair falling down. But now I felt it two or three times in quick succession. Ah, I need to kill everyone to be sure.

 

*       *        *

 

I could quickly clear 3 bases, but I'm not sure if their main base in the capital was among them. I did my best to leave no evidence behind, at least none that points towards me. This is the first time I killed someone... In the novels I read people started throwing up and had all kinds of thoughts, I don't really feel any different...? Maybe I'm a defect. Not feeling anything about this is somehow making me feel worse than if I felt at least a little change... 

I should quickly visit the king and return to my usual life. Besides some uproar in the higher society, there shouldn't be too much effect on the normal folk right?

Umm, I am sure that this is the castle. But why are they fighting here too? It's already so late in the afternoon, can't they give me a rest?!

I swiftly enter the castle while stealthily supporting the knights I pass by and looking for a face I could know. Truly I don't have too many acquaintances here but maybe lady luck is on my side.

Wandering around in the castle I found the gate to the throne room. As I enter the throne room, I can see that... The attackers have no chance. From the looks of it, there was a meeting here when they got attacked. I can see the king along with his knights and mages push back the enemies. On the side a bunch of rich people, probably nobles, stand while in a slight panic. Katharina is also there, standing next to her are a young girl and a man about the same age as Katharina. Those must be the third princess and the third prince.

According to my knowledge the first princess was married, the second prince is traveling to gain experience and only the second and third princess and the third prince are staying in the castle right now. The first prince is also in the capital but he is staying in his villa, but he was turned into an idiot by me so he is not important anymore.

I wonder why they attacked right now, is it because of the princess? But that doesn't make sense either. It seems like I'm missing crucial information. Well, since things are going well here, I don't really need to help out. The attackers are trying to run away now but it's hard on them. Poor bastards.

"Don't let any of them escape! Find out who send them and finish them all!"

The King orders after killing the last guy that was still here.

Maybe I should let myself be seen by him now? I'm not sure if this is the right timing though. I just wanted to quickly get my so-called rewards and go away.

 

No, this isn't secretly an action novel, I'm also not sure why this is happening. C_C

27