CHAPTER EIGHT
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*jitter rattling*

 

    The group looked around in the lobby in hopes of finding keys to open the other Motel rooms. Sherlock hung upside down on the rolly chair behind the desk as she scanned the ground below her for the keys. Beside her was Pluto who was opening drawers and digging through them. Sparrow was digging around the top of the desk throwing papers off it in an attempt to find the keys.

    Pops slammed her fist against the vending machine but all it did was flicker it’s light at her mockingly. “Welp… no Sprite for you Noodles.” Noodles just rested his head on her arm as he slept where he stood holding onto her arm. He groaned slightly. His stomach hurt too much. 

    Jazzy ran out of a room with a big grin on his face with a femur bone in each hand. “Guys! Look at these drum sticks!”

    Sparrow, Sherlock, Pluto, Turtle, and McLovin’ who were all at the desk look at him in the hallway with the two femur bones. Well Sherlock lifted her head slightly but she didn’t actually see Jazzy.

    Jazzy hit the femurs in the air like a drum as he sang, “Bum bum bum. EY MACARENA!”

    “Sometimes I think maybe you might have a brain cell then you do this and all hope dies in the pits of hell.” Sparrow started staring Jazzy down.

    “Kanoodle de lootles nah!” Jazzy said. He started to twirl them and did the air dums once more, “I wanna be… JESSIE’S GIRL!”

    “I want to die,” Sparrow said. 

    “That is lovely sweetheart now put the bones down.” Turtle says walking closer to Jazzy, a slightly pained look on his face.

    “I found the keys!” Sherlock exclaimed still upside down as she held a chain of keys above her head.

    “Oh yay!” Turtle said. “What are they for?”

    “I dunno!” Sherlock exclaimed once more. 

    “Yes! Now I go look for stabbers,” Jazzy snatched the keys and ran down the other hall. 

    Turtle huffed, “Jazzy, come back here!”

    “No <3.”

    A thump sounded from behind the desk as Sherlock fell out of the rolly chair and onto the cold hard ground. “Aaaa my nose!” 

    “Did you just scream in lowercase?” Sparrow asked judgmently.

    “What ‘cha gonna do ‘bout it?” Sherlock responded smugly, still lying on the floor, before rolling away slightly.

    “Applaud you,” Sparrow said. 

    Sherlock hit the wall with her body, “Yeye.” was her reply.

    “Oh how poor a man would be to have married you,” Mc, Lovin’ said, with his head resting in his chin that was propped on the front desk as he looked at Sherlock. 

    “I’m Ace Hardware.” came the muffled voice of Sherlock.

    “And I’m gayyyyyy,” Jazzy shouted as he ran into the lobby, the keys dropped, and running into the next hallway.

    “He talk funny,” Noodles mumbled as he rubbed his eyes.

    “Yeah yeah yeah, you chill,” Pop said to Noodles. “You can’t throw up remember?”

    Noodles sniffled, “I wanna just bed.”

    “Okay.” Pops took Noodles from under his arms and lifted him on top of the front desk. “Now you can rest.”

    Noodles rubbed his eyes, “Okay.” There was nothing to it. He didn’t lay down. He just sat there with his eyes closed and his hands covered by the long knitted sweater he was wearing. 

    Meanwhile, Jazzy had Naruto run all the way down the hallway and reached a particularly sketchy door. Shrugging he opened it and poked his head in, “hey, hey are there any stabbers down here?!”

    A dark silhouette twirled their knife until it flipped on the switch, illuminating their figure. A man in a brown coat and a black knitted thief mask stared him down, with blood dripping off of his knife, “Uh… yes.”

    “Okay!” Jazzy turned around and closed the door. He took in a deep breath, “GUYS YOU BETTER RUN!”

    Then he remembered he was in a different hallway that went behind the front desk. 

    “Uh oh.” 

    He started sprinting. Then he remembered he wasn’t being chased so he stopped. But then he felt like he was being watched. “That’s funny,” he said. But as you do, anxiety got him and he turned around just to show anxiety was wrong. Hehe. But Anxiety wasn’t. Standing there were twenty stabbers identical to the one he had seen with knives pointed at him with metal grips. 

    “Hehe… this is fine,” Jazzy said. “MACARENA!” He nyoomed off running and screaming as the stabber ran after him. 

    While Jazzy ran for his life, screaming Sherlock picked her head up off the side of the wall, “What that noise?” She rolled over to her other side to look at the others as the noise grew steadily louder.

    “I’m not sure, it sounds like if you threw a rat into the pig pin.” Sparrow replied, straining to hear the noise.

    “So like Jazzy.” Sherlock asked, shrugging slightly.

    “Yeah pretty much.”

    The noise was getting incredibly loud at this point and finally Jazzy burst through the hallway door frame, screaming on the top of his lungs, sprinted past them, and down the other hallway. Everyone stared at the way Jazzy ran, then heard more fast moving footsteps and snapped their heads to where Jazzy came from. There they saw an army of stabbers come flooding out of the doorway, before they took a sharp turn in the direction Jazzy ran off to.

    Sherlock continued to stare at the hallway the stabbers ran into, “I didn’t know this place had a stabber infestacion. This place gets a two out of five stars.”

    “Two?!” Sparrow asked, looking at Sherlock like she was insane.

    “The crow was pretty.” Sherlock responded without a care in the world, “And there was a really shiny rock in our room.”

    “.... are we sure Sherlock isn’t actually a gremlin here to steal all the shinnies?”

    “Nope…” Pops said with a smile as if everything was okay. She picked Noodle up for a piggy back ride. 

    “Are we just not gonna talk about the stabbers running around?”
    “Yep,” Pops said as she jogged towards the front exit, “Y’all better come.”

    “If you ignore it long enough it typically goes away, like my father.”

    McLovin breathed in heavily with his hands together close to his mouth. He sighed with both hands pointed at her, “Are you ok Sherlock?”

    “I am in desperate need of therapy,” she chirped before skipping off after Pops.

    “Well sweets I think you're gonna need more than that…” McLovin followed them out as Jazzy came around the corner.

0