CHAPTER NINE
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*smooth rattling*

 

    Surprisingly all of the stabbers just watched them from the front door, not getting any closer to them. Probably scared of the sheer manic energy they were producing. Maybe. Who knows. Probably Sherlock, for they were more interested in the keys they found in the door mere two inches from the stabbers. 

    “SHERLOCK! GET YO SQUIGGLY DIGGLY PEACH OVER HERE!” Pops shouted from the other side of the parking lot. 

    The stabbers looked at eachother then looked back at Sherlock. 

    “YEAH YEAH HANG ON!” Sherlock continued to inspect the keys completely ignoring the obvious threat, ya know like a toddler.

    The stabbers were visibly confused glancing between each other and Sherlock half convinced she had some genius plan they just weren’t seeing. That fear died as soon as Sherlock stuck the keys in their teeth, decked the nearest stabber and ran.

    Pops sighed like, oh dear. 

    “Sherlock no! You're gonna get a disease from that!” Turtle exclaimed, scolding Sherlock.

    “Yeah, don’t pull a Noodle,” Pops added. Which might be true with how green in the face Noodle’s was. 

    Sherlock looked over at Noodles, stared at him for a moment, then spat out the keys into her hand.

    “Okay, which way. Which way…” Pops looked down either side of the road. “Let’s go this way-” she nodded her head to the left. “That way we haven’t been so maybe there won’t be a house of mold this time.”

    “Works for me.” Sherlock responded with a shrug of her shoulder. Wandering off in that direction

    “We’re gonna die.” Pluto said, rubbing her temples.

    “With love!” McLovin shouted to make the atmosphere a little less dark.

    “I would prefer the bullet.” Sparrow said, staring McLovin dead in the eyes.

    “What about Noodles?” McLovin asked. 

    Before Sparrow could respond, Turtle cut in, “Where did Sherlock go?”

    Pops looked behind her at the group. “Wha- are you bopping kidding me?”

    “Well,” Pluto started, “She’s like a toddler, if you take your eye off her she disappears.”

    “She probably went the way you suggested Pops,” Turtle suggested.

    “Like my sanity-” she mumbled under her breath. She looked ahead down the road to see Sherlock bending over to look at something on the road. “CHILD! Get back here!”

    Noodles leaned his jaw on her shoulder and let the puke dribble from his chin to her shoulder like that of a newborn baby. 

    “Noodles…” Pops sighed. “Let’s get going so you can rest.”

    “Uh huh,” Sherlock responded, not looking up from the thing on the road reaching out to touch it. “Looks squishy.”

    Groaning Pluto made her way over to Sherlock. Once she had reached her, she wacked her over her head.

    “Och! Meanie!” Sherlock exclaimed, pouting up at Pluto.

    Jazzy danced his way over before snatching the shiny off of the ground. “Really? A paperclip?”

    “In my defense it was really shiny.”

    “God you're a gremlin,” Pluto commented.

    “Thank you!” Sherlock chirped.

    Pops strode past them with limp Noodles on their back the rest of the gang following behind them. “Come on, kiddos. We’ve got a resting place to find.”

    Sherlock gave an aprovaling hum hopping to her feet, Jazzy following close behind. Pluto rolled her eyes following behind her.

    McLovin swung his arms as he looked around, trying to romanticise the very death of everything. The trees were… crippling. No. They were… he quickly forgot about the trees. The grass was… yellow… ew. He… oh there was a dead fish. On the ground. Again. He took in a deep breath. This would be fine. “You know what? I can’t wait to find some good chocolate.”

    “Yeah sounds great,” Sparrow started sarcastically, “If we’re lucky it’ll even be poisoned!”

    Sherlock furrowed her brows, “Does poison taste good?”

    “What-- no! Well I don’t think so?”

    “Then why would we be lucky if it was poisoned?”

    Sparrow stared down at Sherlock.

    “Like Juliet and Romeo…” McLovin said in a dreamy tone with batting eyelashes, hands held to the side of his face.

    “A double homicide?” Sherlock asked with the same amount of innocence and confidence as a small child.

    “NO!” McLovin shouted. He held his fists down with anger. He quickly crossed his arms and looked away with a pouty lip. “How dare you say such a thing.”

    “What are you talking about?” Sherlock asked. Pluto was beginning to question if Sherlock had the same amount of world knowledge as Noodles, but slightly to the left.

    “Doesn’t matter.” Sparrow said with an annoyed groan already tired of the conversation.

    “Julliet and Romeo was a classic for any love to come and it is an inspiration to the world! And West Side Story and The Fortiy Year Old Virgin-”

    “OK enough of that!” Turtle cut in, ending the conversation before it could go any farther.

    Noodles weakly tried to sing to himself with the haze he was in. He was too sick to know up from tree and water from road. Pops patted his knee, “We’ll get you feelin better soon… hopefully.” Pops looked down the road with a little smile, “FINALLY!”

0