Arc 1 – Rescuing the Overbearing President – Chapter 14
1.2k 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14 (Mature Content)

The National Supervisory Commission was the highest level anti-corruption agency in China. Even without the two officers in the interrogation room slapping a huge file in front of him, Lin JunYi could have guessed what they wanted.

“The shell company that you illegally transferred funds from into Tianya Pharmaceutical’s accounts was a subsidiary of a fraudulent organization which specializes in stealing the life savings of elderly and vulnerable people, did you know?!” The female officer looked as though she wanted to slap him across the face.

The man soothed her and said, “Calm down. Talk properly. Mr Zhou, I don’t mind telling you that we already know that this fraudulent organization has ties to the Sun company. According to our investigations, previously you used to work for the Sun family. Right now if you cooperate we can still offer you a good deal. Otherwise, you will end up bearing the brunt of the crimes on your own.”

Did these two people think he was in primary school? Did the good cop bad cop routine work on anybody anymore?

Lin JunYi leisurely looked through the file. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“We have clear evidence that these two transactions were performed by you! Not only that but you set up a recurrent transaction too! If not because Tianya audited your movements after you left the company and quickly realized what had happened and reported it, it would have been assumed that they were involved in this fraudulent company!”

Lin JunYi lightly tapped the files. “Well maybe they are.”

“You-!” The female officer’s face seized up but the man lightly patted her shoulder. “Unfortunately you made a mistake with the transaction and the funds were never transferred.”

“What a pity.” Lin JunYi lamented lightly.

From behind the one-way glass, Xie Xian stood impassively, his eyes fixated on Lin JunYi’s careless figure.

Beside him, the Director of the National Supervisory Committee lit up a cigarette. “What do you want to do?”

Xie Xian’s eyes didn’t move away from Lin JunYi’s face. “Let him go.”

“Ah?” The cigarette hung out from the Director’s mouth in surprise.

“Since the transactions were never made, you don’t have anything to hold against him right? A good lawyer could dismantle your allegations easily.”

“Well, he doesn’t know that. And President Xie, here at the Commission, we have our ways of making people talk. By the time he leaves this place, we will have gathered ample evidence for the crime.”

Xie Xian lowered his eyes. “Let him go. I’ve spoken to the Vice-Chairman this morning, he said it will be investigated as I like. Also I know you want to use him to gather evidence against the Sun family but whatever information he can provide you, I can as well.”

“Fine.” According to the Commission’s investigations, Zhou Yi was only a low level grunt anyway. It was highly unlikely he knew anything.

Fifteen minutes later Lin JunYi walked into the lobby of the building and found Xie Xian waiting for him.

“Come with me.” Xie Xian said swiftly then turned his head and walked out without any more explanation. Lin JunYi stuck his hands in his pocket and ambled out slowly behind him.

It wasn’t until they got into the car and it drove down the street that Xie Xian spoke again. The first thing he said was, “Why has your phone been switched off for the last few days?”

“It’s broken.”

“...Did you deliberately mess up the transactions?”

Lin JunYi didn’t insult his intelligence by saying anything like “What transactions”? He knew that it was only because of Xie Xian that he hadn’t been arrested today. He just didn’t say anything.

“According to the audit of the account, the transaction was initially done properly. Then you changed it so that it wouldn’t pay out. You did it so that the Sun family would think you had set it up and then, once Sun YuZhu flipped his cards, that it would be bound to fail. Right now you’ve essentially delivered a noose over Sun YuZhu’s head into my hands.”

Lin JunYi narrowed his eyes. Just as he thought, the second male lead had changed. He no longer seemed to be restricted by the world’s setting and seemed to be able to see things properly and understand things thoroughly.

“Why did you do it?”

Lin JunYi continued to keep silent.

“Is it because you love Sun YuZhu?”

It was only now that Lin JunYi showed the first crack in his facial expression. Something sharp flashed across his eyes and his lips thinned. It was the barest trickle of emotion but Xie Xian immediately caught it. His eyes narrowed dangerously.

“Don’t be crazy,” Lin JunYi said in a careless voice. “If I loved him, why would I do something like that to him?”

“You wanted him to be investigated. If that happened the Committee definitely wouldn’t let him go as easily as they let you go. Sun YuZhu is a son of the Sun family after all. They’d definitely hold onto him and use him to make waves. They’d use it to obstruct his life and made his road in HuaXia difficult. The Sun family aren’t vegetarians either and Sun YuZhu is only from a branch family. If that happens, the easiest way to deal with it would just be to cut him off entirely. It’s hard to say exactly what would happen but one thing is for sure: he would definitely be pulled down from his pedestal of being a wealthy young master and transform into an ordinary person. He might even be worse off than an ordinary person.”

“Is that what you wanted, Zhou Yi? You wanted him to be pulled down into the dirt, so he was just the same as you?”

“Did you think that that way he could be together with you?”

Just before Lin JunYi had been praising this guy for being clear-headed. Now it seemed that people in love really had the tendency to be muddle-headed. Not only was Xie Xian thinking about everything from all perspectives, he was overthinking it too.

But that wasn’t really his fault. After all this was only what Lin JunYi wanted him to think. If not for that, why would he have left all sorts of evidence of his obsession with Sun YuZhu all over his apartment for the personal investigator to find? It had really been exhausting thinking of ways to make things look hidden but at the same time be easy to find so that even the dumbest investigator wouldn’t be able to miss it.

Lin JunYi’s thinned lips trembled. Eventually he insisted, “You don’t know anything!”

Xie Xian’s eyes flashed. “Don’t I? I also know that the reason Sun YuZhu sent you into my company to sabotage it was because he was in love with Chen Heng! Did you know that? I assume you didn’t know at first but later found out. That’s when you decided to do this! Why? What made a loyal dog like you turn on his master? Is it because you loved him so much it eventually turned into hate?!”

His voice was no longer cool and calm but instead filled with poisonous violence. Before Lin JunYi could reply, Xie Xian’s hand had snaked out and grabbed him firmly under the chin. 

“Zhou Yi, this whole time, you were just using me right?! You never liked me. The one you liked was that wastrel good-for-nothing, Sun YuZhu!”

A variety of emotions passed over Lin JunYi’s face as he was forced to look into Xie Xian’s infuriated, reddened eyes. 

He said, as though he couldn’t contain himself any longer: “Yes, I love the third young master! The one I love is the third young master! So what? What’s it got to do with you!”

Xie Xian’s hand closed around his chin so hard it almost seemed like he wanted to crush Lin JunYi between his fingers. “What’s it got to do with me?! You dare ask me that at a time like this?” He laughed coldly and mockingly. “Zhou Yi, in this life, don’t ever think about being with Sun YuZhu!”

“Even if I turn into dust, I won’t let the two of you be together!”

“The only one you can be with is me!”

Lin JunYi stared shocked into Xie Xian’s crazed eyes.

Internally he sighed. “I was afraid of this.”

729, who couldn’t be more happy with the turn of events, eagerly asked, “What? Why?”

“Turns out that world’s setting was useless after all. Not only is the love connections  breakable but it turns out this guy’s intelligence, once not suppressed, is really very high. It’s very troublesome.”

729 was still drawing “???” in the air so Lin JunYi explained: “First, I was hoping that once Chen Heng accepted Xie Xian that he would just forget about everything else and live happily ever after. Then… if he really still had the desire to entangle with me, once he found out that I’m Sun YuZhu’s dog then it would make him disgusted enough to give up.”

729 observed for a few milliseconds. “He doesn’t look disgusted to me. He just looks super angry.”

Lin JunYi sighed. Actually this was something he had halfway predicted as well… perhaps if he hadn’t gotten carried away with Xie Xian or had done something even more irregular to disgust him…

But he hadn’t. Why? 

Perhaps because he was a creature who lived by instinct and it was difficult to turn out someone like Xie Xian.

Although he’d done it with no problem before. Lin JunYi could always be ruthless when it came to getting rid of something more trouble than it was worth.

Why then?

It couldn’t be because, deep down, there was also a part of him that…

Ah well, Lin JunYi thought. This isn’t my real life or my real body anyway. Since it’s already come to this, just let it run its course.

Worse comes to worst, he could just fail the mission. Even though, since 729 deliberately hid it from him, he guessed that the result would be his death. 

Well he was already dead anyway.

All of the above thoughts and conversation only took the space of a few milliseconds. After Lin JunYi made up his mind, the expression on his face gradually changed and calmed down. As Xie Xian gazed down at him; the fawning and desperate emotions on his face cooled and was replaced once again by those lazy, glittering eyes that could hook his soul…

“You’re not totally correct,” Lin JunYi said in a musing tone. “I do like you a little bit. That is, I like your body.”

Xie Xian’s eyes immediately went red.

He grabbed Lin JunYi and ruthlessly pressed him down into the leather seats…

***

This time they didn’t even make it to the bedroom. Xie Xian barked an order to his driver who immediately drove and parked in a secluded location, then went for a long walk.

The chassis rocked to and fro and every now and again there would be a hand that would appear at the window before falling back nervelessly.

Inside the car it was almost unbearably hot. It was filled with the squelching and moaning sounds as the two people vented their lust with each other. 

Even coming once was not enough. It wasn’t until the third time that Xie Xian had messed up Lin JunYi’s insides did his movements finally slow. By the time the half-naked smaller man’s body and lips were filled with violent marks of love.

After that Xie Xian finally slowly and reluctantly withdrew from Lin JunYi’s body. He dressed himself haphazardly then tossed Lin JunYi’s clothes back at him. Half opening the window to let in the cool night air, he lit up a cigarette.

There was a sudden movement and Xie Xian’s body froze. The next moment Lin JunYi, wearing only a shirt, lay down with his head on Xie Xian’s lap and half-closed his eyes with a happy expression. Seeing it, the tightness and bitterness that had been agonizing Xie Xian’s heart finally loosened slightly…

“You’re wrong about Sun YuZhu.” Since they’d gotten to this point and Xie Xian still didn’t want to let him go, there wasn’t any point pretending any longer. “I don’t love him. Maybe… this body… used to love him. But I don’t anymore.” Lin JunYi licked his lips. His lower lip was broken and bleeding. Somebody had been biting him like a rabid dog.

Seeing the gesture, Xie Xian’s eyes softened. He gently touched Lin JunYi’s lips with his finger. But his voice was still a bit stuffy, “You really want me to believe that a leopard can just change its spots like that?”

“Hmmm… how do I describe it... President, do you ever feel like sometimes your body doesn’t belong to you?”

Xie Xian’s eyes sharpened and a strange light shone in his pupils. Lin JunYi saw it and nodded in satisfaction. “That’s how I feel sometimes. Right now the current me doesn’t like Sun YuZhu. Does the current you still like Chen Heng?”

Xie Xian’s eyes glimmered. The last few weeks he had been also considering this over and over again. The reason he’d gotten back together with Chen Heng was also to confirm his feelings. And finally, he was forced to admit that… “Not in the way I used to…” He admitted. “That passion, that desire to monopolize, that obsession… it’s all gone. But I still care about him. I still want him to be happy.” 

Lin JunYi lowered his gaze slightly. His long eyelashes briefly hid whatever expression he had. Xie Xian’s fingers brushed the bottom of his chin and then lifted it again so that he could look into Lin JunYi’s eyes.

“And me? How do you really feel about me?”

Lin JunYi blinked. Then he slowly shook his head. Xie Xian’s eyes darkened. But he couldn’t say anything or even blame the other man. Right now, both of them had only just taken out their true selves to show each other. When it came to something like ‘love’, it was much too early to say.

But Xie Xian knew one thing. And that was all those feelings that he had once held for Chen Heng hadn’t disappeared. They’d only be redirected to the person he held in his arms right now. The feelings were inexplicable but they were extremely strong and, unlike his feelings for Chen Heng which were always accompanied by a feeling of muddle-headedness and confusion, these felt extremely sharp and real, as though they’d been carved into his very bone marrow.

Suddenly Lin JunYi spoke again. “President, although the other stuff was a lie, it’s the truth that I want you to be happy. I genuinely want you to find happiness.”

Xie Xian slowly stroked Lin JunYi’s hair.

“But as for whether I can give you happiness, I’m not sure myself.” Lin JunYi hesitated and then decided to put all his cards on the table. “Most likely though, I can’t.”

“Why?”

“I’m not… constant or faithful. I’m a frivolous person. I’ve never been able to make anyone happy. If you chose to be with me, then… you will most likely regret it.”

Xie Xian’s fingers tightened in Lin JunYi’s hair. A sour, twisted feeling consumed his heart. He understood that the man in his arms was giving him a warning, like a premonition for an impending doom.

But it was too late.

Too late to let go of him. 

Although the feeling was inexplicable, it was very strong. Keenly, Xie Xian felt that if he didn’t hold onto this person, cling to him, trap him, obtain him, then it would be something he would regret for the rest of his life…

***

Author's Notes: Thanks for everyone who left comments and favorited this story! Can't believe so many people are reading my story~~ I mean it's probably nothing compared to the hot writers on here, but I'm super happy already!

24