Arc 1 – Rescuing the Overbearing President – Chapter 16
1k 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16

Time passed. The seasons came and went. Just like that, two years passed in the other world. Sun YuZhu was arrested and thrown into jail. Judging by Xie Xian’s contacts, he would probably be in there for a good while.

As for Lin JunYi and Xie Xian’s relationship, it appeared very stable. Occasionally there were ups and downs in the company but within the two people’s relationship, it was only smooth sailing.

It was so smooth that 729 even stopped showing up in Lin JunYi’s mind. It seemed that they could just go on like this until they grew old…

The day of their two year anniversary, Xie Xian took him on a surprise trip to Paris. The two of them visited museums and galleries, went drinking and then finally watched the moon rise over the Eiffel Tower from their hotel room suite. 

“Happy anniversary,” Xie Xian whispered. “I love you.”

It was the words he’d said for the first time in the heat of the moment. But after two years he only felt more confident about his feelings. Although he wasn’t a mushy person by any means, every now and again he would still say it to Lin JunYi just like now.

But the man in his arms only smiled and kissed him with a mouth that tastes like champagne. Later on, after the two of them had exhausted themselves on the bed and twisted the sheets into unrecognizable shapes, Xie Xian fell asleep curled up around Lin JunYi. 

However early in the morning, when it was still dark, he woke up. He found that the spot next to him was empty and cold. Opening his eyes soundlessly, he saw that his lover was sitting beside the window sill, gazing over the gorgeous moonlit Eiffel Tower. He was smoking a cigarette and his eyes were very far away…

Xie Xian’s heart twisted painfully.

After a few days, they returned back to China and life fell back into a familiar rhythm. Then the following month, Xie Xian hired a new marketing manager called Tang Rui. He was a young and handsome man, very tall, with a body that would have made models envy him. He had a sunny disposition and a careless charisma that made all the ladies in the office swoon.

The first time Lin JunYi saw him, his eyes widened slightly. Unconsciously the strange changing colors in his eyes glittered and his teardrop mole, beneath his eye, seemed to stand out in sharp relief against his jade-white skin.

Tang Rui, who had come by the President’s office’s to introduce himself, suddenly found himself unable to look away from the President’s secretary who was leaning languidly against his desk. For a few seconds he actually forgot to breathe.

Around the same time Dong Zhan, who had chased Chen Heng for two years and had finally started dating him nine months ago, reappeared. He asked Xie Xian to come out with him for a drink and, when Lin JunYi went to pick him up afterwards, he saw that Xie Xian was supporting the drunk Dong Zhan who was wailing miserably, “What else can I do? I’ve already given up everything he didn’t like! I even changed my career for him and went into law when he said being in IT wasn’t ‘noble’ enough. But even now he’s still not happy…”

“I’m sure everything will be okay. Didn’t he call you just now to check you were all right?”

“He’s the one who hit me! Of course he should be the one calling me! Xie-ge, Ah-Heng’s changed… you probably can’t tell because he looks so normal on the surface and is always on his best behavior when he sees you… but really he’s not the same…” Dong Zhan hiccuped. “Sometimes, I even feel a bit scared of him…”

Xie Xian frowned. “In that case, why stay together?”

Dong Zhan shook his head. He said miserably and softly, “But it’s Ah-Heng…”

Lin JunYi went to help hold him up on the other side and stuff him into the waiting taxi. But just as Xie Xian was about to extricate himself, the other man suddenly grabbed his tie and dragged him back down. Dong Zhan stared at him hatefully for a few seconds before his features cracked again and he suddenly wailed, “Xie-ge why are you handsome?! It’s so annoying!” He buried his face, snot and all, into Xie Xian’s chest. “You know,” He hiccupped. “Lots of times Ah-Heng calls me Xie-ge when we’re doing it…”

Xie Xian ruthlessly kicked him into the taxi and then closed the door firmly. He gave the driver some instructions and then the taxi sped off down the street. 

Xie Xian grimaced and rubbed his temples. When Lin JunYi came up to stand beside him he muttered, “Ah-Heng’s mother ran away with a lot of his money. It seems he wants to go on tour but, because his previous one only had middling success, the agency wants him to cover part of the funding personally. Dong Zhan asked me for money right now and I said yes.”

Lin JunYi nodded. He didn’t have any problem with it. 

Xie Xian glanced at him sideways. He then asked casually, “Where were you at lunch today?”

Lin JunYi smiled and said naturally, “I had a last minute meeting.”

Xie Xian’s eyes slid away. “All right.” He extended his hand. “Let’s go home.”

Lin JunYi reached out and took it. Xie Xian’s fingers were long and beautiful and his palm was very large. Holding them always made him feel a strong sense of belonging.

In his mind, 729 was crying even louder than Dong Zhan.

A few weeks later, Lin JunYi was sitting in a restaurant when he looked out the window and saw two familiar figures walking across the street together.

It was winter now so Chen Heng was wrapped up in a cream coat with a fur lining. Over the top, his delicate face was exposed to the wind. Perhaps because of it, or maybe because of another reason, his pale cheeks were ruddy and red. He looked very beautiful.

Next to him was a tall figure in a black coat. As Chen Heng took a couple of steps, he suddenly stumbled over a pothole on the road. The tall, imposing man reached out and grabbed his arm, preventing him from falling over. Chen Heng used this opportunity to throw himself into the man’s arms. Lin JunYi was deeply familiar with the strength of those long fingers and arms.

“Secretary Zhou… are you listening to me?”

Lin JunYi dragged his eyes back to the young man sitting across from him. “Sorry Xiao-Rui, what did you say?”

Tang Rui took a nervous sip from the drink in front of him. “Um.. about tomorrow night… are you still okay?”

Lin JunYi crossed his legs and leaned in close to him. When he smelt Lin JunYi’s scent, Tang Rui felt his head go faint. Inside his crotch, something moved sharply and he pressed his legs together to hide it. 

“Of course,” Lin JunYi said. “I’ll make the reservation and let you know.” Then massaged his head to try and block out the sound of 729 screaming.

***

Author's Note: Don't freak out til you read the next chapter! *Hides under a pillow*.

19