Chapter 18
13 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 18

(Argthanaw 24th Year 672 of the 4th Age)

"Ouch!" Kaera yelps in agony, sensing a brush tugging a knot in her tail.

"My apologies," Aila replies. She is currently grooming Kaera and Radclyff in her master bedroom at Radclyff's house, unbothered at perceiving their genitalia, including the part of his cock protruding from its sheath and being naked with them too. Radclyff savors the seldom opportunity of Aila permitting him to be nude that doesn't involve getting laid, subduing his horny instinct. They prepare themselves for the awards ceremony arriving in a few hours; the sun begins to set, turning the sky orange.

Aila spends most of the time brushing Kaera's and Radclyff's fur, mainly the former, to straighten it out. Once she does, she retrieves her scissors and begins to trip a portion of the coats off them, with the majority coming from Radclyff forming a black mass. Next, she focuses on their hairs, cutting her husband's down to size and brushing Kaera's.

"Would you enjoy having me design your fur and hair or leave them alone, Kaera?" asked Aila.

"I prefer my fur untouched, but you can braid my hair in a couple of places," Kaera answers. "You can also place a few flowers on it if you have some lying around." Even though Aila would most likely be unaware of it, Kaera wants to represent her specific sect of Canir's prevalent religion.

After Aila adds her finishing touches on her spouse, she commences braiding Kaera's hair while Radclyff enters the master bathroom to eject his virile substance. She knows that's what he's about to do, so she pauses her handiwork before she gets too engrossed by it. "You mind?"

Kaera assumes what Aila's planning, adding Radclyff's almost fully erect cock to the equation. She must be cognizant that Fenri, specifically a Direfenri like Radclyff and I, tend to be aggressive from the pent-up hormones due to blue balls. "I understand."

Sure enough, Kaera observes the feminine Elf enter the bathroom. Curiosity got the better of her, so she relocates to a spot where she beholds the romantic pair's reflection from the mirror. She watches Aila on her knees, sucking her husband's phallus quickly with ferocity. In addition, Aila is compressing on his knot, which he savors, placing one of his hands on her head, and he slightly thrusts into her mouth. Her own sex is aching, getting moist from arousal, although she withstands against her lust, saving herself for a particular individual in Canir. It is clear that the High Elf's goal is to get Radclyff ejaculating as fast as possible, and Aila successfully achieves a quickie. She perceives him growling and witnesses his gonads contract each time for the massive payload, feeling awestruck at Aila's ability to guzzle his seed without getting overwhelmed as she suckled his dick like a calf feeding off a cow's udder. 

Aila is the first to appear from the bathroom after Radclyff empties his balls in her mouth. He emerges right behind her, dressing into the suit his wife selects for him, and the macho Fenri proceeds to vacate the bedroom. She alerts him that she and Kaera will require extra time as he ambulates towards Arven, Jemeir, Merrick, and Sylfinas, and he acknowledges it with a thumbs up.

"I promise to make it up to you later," Aila says to her husband.

"Oh, I bet you will," Radclyff replies, anticipating filling his wife with additional spunk anon.

Everyone in the living room, aside from Merrick, is wearing a set of fine clothes for the oncoming occasion. Near the absolute time they have to leave, Aila appears from the master bedroom with Kaera behind her, wearing a fancy dress. The dress is red with tiny pieces of jewelry stitched in to give it a bit of sparkle and nothing to cover Kaera's arms and shoulders; the bottom part is a skirt. In addition to the attire, she is wearing a ruby necklace from Aila's collection. What catches their attention, mostly Merrick's, is her fur flowing gracefully in the wind as she walks and the flowers in her braided hair. For the males and Aila and Radclyff's children, Arven is wearing a military uniform, and Jemeir and Sylfinas have fine clothes that aren't fancy like Aila's, Radclyff's, their offsprings', and Kaera's.

"You sure you're not going, Merrick?" Sylfinas asks him.

"I'm sure."

"Why not?"

"Because of what I did. I don't want someone that we saved say that I caused the damage." 

"Well, you're going to be unprotected, and I want to go to the ceremony," Kaera speaks. "It's a bit dishonorable in my homeland for someone to skip out on an awards ceremony when you are the one receiving the award."

"Kaera's right," Arven articulates. "You're going to be alone, and if someone tries to attack, it's just going to be you."

"It's his decision to make," Jemeir utters. "I told him a couple of days ago that if he doesn't want to go, I'm not going to force him."

"I would like to point out that I live in a crime-ridden area for a while now without any troubles," Merrick responds. "I'll lock your house down completely when I reach there, Jemeir. I still don't want to go."

Arven resorts to bribing his best friend. "Merrick, buddy. If you go, and once it is over with, I can take you to Miss Aenala's Irresistible Indulgences and get you some of those peanut butter cookies that you absolutely love."

"Thanks, Arven, but I'll have to pass on that."

Arven appears surprised. "You're actually dead serious on not going. I guess I'll see you when we get back. Take care, and stay safe."

"You do the same."

Once everybody arrives at the intersection, Merrick separates from the group and heads towards Jemeir's house independently. Kaera looks torn but ultimately decides to travel to the ceremony. "If you are in danger, you'll run to us. Understand?"

"I understand."

She leaves. Sylfinas proceeds to wave for his farewell. "Bye, Merrick."

"Bye."

Now one member less, the group travels to the ceremony and arrives just in the nick of time. The members of Jemeir's party locate their reserved seating, marked Runestalker, in the middle section of rows and sit. Radclyff and his family are a few rows ahead and off slightly to their right, taking over an entire bench. To the Runestalker associates' delight, Envarn's friends are scattered throughout the seating arrangements, and Envarn and his family are on the left side, close to the very front. Arven notices something's wrong with Kaera.

"What's the matter, Kaera?"

"I just can't help but feel like something bad is going to happen to Merrick."

"He's going to be fine."

"I feel like I should've stayed back."

"We'll head back as soon as we obtain our award. Merrick's not going to be alone for a long time, and trouble's not going to show up."

"I hope you're right."

One of the baron's assistants gets in front of the audience when everyone finds their seats and gets their attention. "Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to the incredible Baron Edreth and his wonderful wife, Lady Sheilra."

The crowd claps as the dyad appears, along with a retired Eldritch Knight as a bodyguard and a feminine Káyüt with tan and black fur as a personal assistant. Edreth has brown hair that is long but is braided and kept for occasions such as this. His mustache looks like it was recently trimmed. His eyes are brown. His entire body is a bit muscular, but fat reigns supreme, and he can stand to lose a few pounds. He's wearing a soft shirt and buttoned it up entirely to support the graceful bow tie he's wearing. He's wearing a trendy vest with seven buttons; it has a very narrow v-line, allowing a large portion of the top to remain visible, even if the suit's jacket is buttoned up. The jacket fits him like a glove, a tailored glove. It's a solid color without a pattern that radiates finesse. His single-breasted coat's four buttons are all buttoned up except for one, a subtle but beneficial informality touch. The jacket is slightly longer at the back, it has no vent, there are two pockets on either side, and a breast pocket contains a stylish pocket square. He's wearing pants that copy the jacket's style, both in color and pattern, and they make an ideal combination with his shoes. He's wearing a graceful pair of straight-toe derbies. To top it all off, he's wearing a modest belt, which can be accompanied by a watch and cufflinks. 

Sheilra has ginger hair that curls naturally. Her height is the same as Edreth's, at 5'9, but her body is more slender except for her round belly. Everyone under Edreth's domain knows that she is expecting their first child. Her eyes are also brown. The dress covers only a tiny portion of her shoulders and flows down into a simple square neckline. It's a comfortable fit that helps remove unwanted attention on her breasts but still looks elegant. Her arms have been covered to just above her elbows. The sleeves are simple yet elegant—a perfect combination of grace and style. The dress's waist is thin, but it's a comfortable fit. A small, stylish belt is all that is needed for a perfect adornment. Below the waist, the dress widens and has multiple diagonal layers from top to bottom. The dress reaches just above her knees and is the same length all around. She's wearing cone heels, a strange yet seemingly perfect choice. 

Edreth gives his speech. "People of Belburn, I would personally like to thank all of you for coming here tonight. As I'm sure all of you know, tragedy struck this peaceful town a few days ago. Many lives were taken, and the rest will forever be changed. After multiple shreds of evidence came forward, I can say for certain that this was a cowardly attack by the Phehans to disrupt our way of life. Rest assured that this news will reach King Lanar, and he will not let this go unanswered. But that is not what tonight is for. During the attack, many acts of heroism by the guards and civilians were demonstrated. I want to personally greet the fine heroes and give them an award in a medal form. I have a list here of all the names that I am aware of who did something heroic. When I say your name, I want you to get out of your seat and walk over to this spot on my right, and I'll shake your hands, hand you your medal, and congratulate you."

Edreth starts naming a list of people. Everybody from the fighting tournament, excluding Arven but including Roddy and Orma, is on the list. A Gnome receives a medal for his act of quickly brewing some small explosives as a distraction for everyone to escape with him from a tavern. A child is recognized for her act of pulling other children to safety and bravely standing between them and potential threats. Edreth talks briefly of a guard getting a good whack from the girl when he discovers the hideout, and everyone laughs. The guard feels a bit embarrassed and rubs his cheek where it was struck. Envarn is called next, followed by Radclyff. They get their medals. Looking into Edreth's eyes, Radclyff swears they remind him of someone from long ago.

"I now would like to congratulate Arven, Jemeir, Kaera, Merrick, and Sylfinas for their role in protecting a building full of trapped people from a horde of zombies and taking down a few Phantom Brotherhood members, including their leader. Would you five please come so I can thank you?"

They get up, and Edreth gives them their medals when they reach him. "There should be one more with you. Where is he?"

Sylfinas lies. "Oh, he couldn't make it. He came down with the flu, and he's resting."

"Sorry, he has that. I was hoping to thank him in person. He should receive it by bloodhawk very soon after the ceremony is over."

A person from the crowd recognizes them and knows who is missing. "With all due respect Baron Edreth, that monster should not receive that medal. He should be killed or ran out of town."

"Why?"

"Because I saw him along with those four right there fighting the zombies off from the building I was barricaded in. That man is responsible for the row buildings being destroyed and killing some of the occupants inside. He is not a hero but a grave threat to the safety of this town."

Other people in the crowd concur with the male Dwarf, adding their anecdotes to his narrative. Arven becomes vehement at the crowd's choler towards his friend. "You're wrong!"

The Dwarf that's the provocateur speaks disdainfully in a demanding tone. "And why are we?"

"You haven't been with Merrick as long as I have. If you spent a tiny bit of time to get to know him, you'd find out he's not the monster you say he is."

"You have no idea what he's truly capable of. He has you under his control, and you don't realize it."

"I'm not!"

"Like I said, you don't realize it. I didn't hear this Merrick utter his spells as he cast them, meaning he's most likely a sorcerer, and sorcerers tend to be harbingers of destruction and death."

Kaera joins in. "Stop making up lies!"

"You're under control as well."

"Merrick is not that kind of person."

"I've seen plenty of monsters in my life. He is the worst I've seen."

Sylfinas now interjects into the argument. "You were there and saw us fight the zombies, correct?"

"Yes."

"Did you see us almost getting overpowered by them and almost ending up dead?"

"Indeed you were. We had a thought of being dead next."

"So I would argue Merrick's attack was not malicious but instead was the only way to save us, you, and everybody else in the building you were in."

"I'd like to make another point if I may Lord Edreth. I know this bickering going on right now is ruining what's supposed to be a celebration of heroism, but I need to set the record straight." Envarn's father stands up from the seat, and people begin to whisper loudly amongst themselves. Sylfinas gets a strange feeling.

Edreth sighs. "Very well, Malfias. Proceed."

"Thank you." The head of the Hearthrow family turns to the Half-Elf. "You are Sylfinas, correct?"

"I am."

"Thought so given how much my son talks about you."

"Well, I hope that he did an outstanding job."

"He has." Edreth begins to walk back and forth in front of the horde. "Anyway, when you were on the verge of death by the zombies, did you know about a group of fighters nearby that would've given you back up if you or anyone else went and got their attention?"

"We briefly discussed it, but the zombies were almost on top of us."

"And what else happened?"

"Merrick took matters into his own hands and saved us and everybody that was inside."

"He decided all by himself?"

"Yes."

"And not actually lose control of his powers instead?"

Dammit! He has me under a truth spell. How can I spin my answer? Sylfinas is silent.

"I'm waiting for a response."

I'm not coming up with anything. Why is this happening? I should've come up with something by now. No! I feel my mouth wanting to speak. Resist Sylfinas, dammit! The intransigence slowly, agonizingly deteriorates to nihility. "He actually lost control of his powers." 

The masculine Dwarf speaks out in triumph, bouncing excitedly. "I knew it! That man is a monster!"

Arven and Kaera try to persuade everyone. The crowd gets riled up.

"Lord Edreth, it is of great importance that this person cannot stay in Belburn any longer. He must be killed if he hasn't fled already."

"You're right, Malfias," Edreth concurs. He issues an order to the legion of irate residents. "Listen up, citizens! If any of you spot him anywhere in my domain, either get help if you feel like you can't take him or kill him if you feel confident in your capabilities."

"Tell me, Sylfinas, is he at Jemeir's house right now?" Malfias catechizes.

Fuck!  "He is." Sylfinas feels the spell fade away. Sorry, Merrick. I wasn't strong enough to hold out a little longer. Forgive me.

"Now we know where he is. Round up, everyone. We're going over and eradicate the monster." Malfias transmits a message to Sylfinas. "Thank you for your help, mutt." After talking to him, he faces Edreth. "I suggest you put these four people in cages. They are under mind control and will try to stop us. It will save more unnecessary bloodshed. Another thing to bring to light, the vast majority of the dead terrorists are mongrels. Take it what you will but I hope you do what's right." He leaves, leading an angry mob towards Jemeir's house.

"Guards! Put these people in jail. Put the Half-Elf in a more secure place for further questioning. Once we get rid of the monster, round up more half breeds you can find."

Arven, Jemeir, Kaera, and Sylfinas struggle as the guards capture them, hauling them towards the keep. Jemeir turns to Radclyff. He mouths the words "Protect Merrick." Radclyff acknowledges it and tells his family he'll be back. The younger offspring beseech their Fenri father to stay and hang on to him as he walks away. Radclyff shakes or pries them off, and Aila gathers them. 

The guards take Arven, Jemeir, Kaera, and Sylfinas to the dungeon underneath the baron's keep. They separate Sylfinas from them, escorting him to a distinguished part of the jail, and the other three are thrown in their own cells. They remove any weapons or anything they believe to be lethal tools from the trio.

"Let us go!" Arven shouts as he shakes the bars of his cell.

"This is for your own safety. Once the monster is good and dead, you'll be free from its control and the cell."

"What about Sylfinas?" Kaera inquires, shaking her cell, too.

"Don't worry about the Half-Elf. He's in good hands now. Heh, heh, heh." The guard closes the door to the room. Jemeir begins meditating.

"How can you meditate at a time like this, dad?" Arven questions.

"If you can, please be quiet, Arven; it'll be most appreciated." Jemeir doesn't open his eyes as he utters it.

"What are you doing?"

Jemeir angrily sighs. "If you must know, I'm getting the layout of this place. If I maintain a state of peace, I can read other people's ki and figure out where they are and how many in a certain area from me." After a couple of minutes, his eyes open.

"Anything to report?"

"This place is not well guarded as I thought. Most, I believe, are part of the angry mob towards my house. Two guards here are close to us; a few are scattered throughout the rest of the dungeon and can be avoided real easily if we get out of here. There are six people in the room where Sylfinas is, and they are beating the crap out of him."

Kaera growls, the fury reinvigorating her, and she violently shakes the bars of her cell. Unlike her cage from the Phantom Brotherhood, two bars break off, producing a loud noise. The two guards outside charge through the door and are unconscious as she wallops them with the two bars in her hands. She finds the keys and unlocks Arven's and Jemeir's cells.

"That's one way to break out, I guess," Jemeir speaks.

"I'm impressed," Arven utters.

"You two going to stand there complimenting me, or are you going to help me save Sylfinas and Merrick right after?" Kaera inquires without looking at them. "Which way, Jemeir?"

"Follow me and be quiet this time."

"Fine."

The party sneaks around the other guards as Jemeir senses them with ki, guiding the group to the chamber where Sylfinas is. There are two guards at the entrance, not vacating their station. "You two wait here. I got this."

Jemeir quickly dashes at the security forces. The guards see him and try to react, but Jemeir calms him down by placing two fingers of his left hand on their heads. "Lord Edreth said that the monster is about to attack the keep. He wants every available guard out there to protect it." He steadily moves his right hand across horizontally. "I suggest you get those in the room with the half breed and gather any remaining guards here and go out and fight."

"On it." 

The guard barges in and alerts the others inside the impending attack, and they all rush out and alert the rest. Jemeir conceals himself while waiting for the opportune moment. He signals to Arven and Kaera to move up once the situation is safe.

Kaera looks amazed. "What was it you just did right now?"

"I used my ki to manipulate theirs so they can be under my control temporarily. Before you ask why I didn't use it at the ceremony, it's taxing on me, and the creature must be smart to understand me but not intelligent enough to shrug the influence off. I can't do the forehead touch subtle enough so everyone would've seen me attempt something." As if on cue, lethargy strikes Jemeir.

"What about your mana manipulation and your fists?"

"I'm not the strongest person in Illyria, you know," Jemeir huffs. "There are plenty of people just as strong, if not stronger, like me at the ceremony. Malfias would've been an issue, and I prefer not provoking Edreth's personal bodyguard. Even on a one-on-one, the fight would be long and bloody against either of them."

"Can you free me now, please?" Sylfinas inquires, hearing his companions nearby. Kaera enters the room, discerns him tied up to the chair and badly bruised with a black eye, and she releases him. "Thanks," he offers his gratitude, rubbing his wrists.

"Don't mention it. Now let's go save Merrick."

All four decide that they should regain their belongings quickly if they need to fight while reaching Merrick. Jemeir guides them out of the dungeon and onto a path that avoids all the guards outside. They notice the security personnel are now confused that they don't discern Merrick attacking the keep. Luckily for them, Jemeir's distraction causes the security personnel not to blockade the room their equipment is in, and there are no complicated locks to break. Being sneaking, they swiftly obtain their items and leave the citadel. They run as fast as possible while being stealthy and taking multiple detours to avoid any people spotting them. They make it outside of town and go a little way away before going for a full sprint. Jemeir is faster than everyone, regardless of his age, with Kaera being a close second. They can see smoke and the glow of the fire from a distance.

Kaera becomes worried. "Oh, no. Hurry up, you two!" She begins to overtake Jemeir.

"We're going as fast as we can," Arven replies.

"Go faster!"

"Come on, Sylfinas. Double time."

"I'm going as fast as I can," Sylfinas huffs.

They get to a point where they can see the angry mob with torches and weapons in hand surround the fully engulfed building of Jemeir's house. They go for a much closer look as they can and hide in the brush. 

Sylfinas sees a figure on the second floor. "I see someone."

"Please tell me that isn't him." Kaera's eyes start to tear up.

"There's no other person that we know of that would be inside."

Just then, the house collapses and continues to burn as the mob cheers. Arven, Jemeir, Kaera, and Sylfinas stand there shocked as they witness Merrick's death.

2