Chapter 22: Another soul
369 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.“Damn...”

I saw how Clark coldly insulted his sister. 

I was on my way to see Emilia at her dorm but then I saw Noelle enter the gymnasium. I was curious what she was up to so I stayed and listened to their conversation. 

Many say she’s a brocon after all. I don’t really see that as a problem though, but there are limits I guess.

Noelle ran out of the gymnasium with tears in her eyes. She didn’t noticed me standing next to the door when she ran past me.

“And here I thought she was an annoying brat.”

Maybe she was frustrated all this time. Humans tend to act differently when they have bottled up feelings that they cannot keep under control. Maybe she was a girl with a fragile heart all along and hid it underneath that strict personality of hers.

I judged her a little too quickly. 

“Well, she wouldn’t feel better even if I try and cheer her up. We’re strangers anyway.”

I walked off into the night after she disappeared.

...

“What took you so long?”

Emilia was seated on her bed. She was wearing a black leather suit. As she is an assassin type demon, she doesn’t need weapons. Emilia is similar to Tessa since they are both vampires. 

It would explain her pale and untainted skin. Since Emilia is a pure blood vampire, she doesn’t burn in the sun like regular vampires. 

Emilia’s claws can rip through concrete as if it were paper so blades would be useless in her hands when her hands themselves are weapons. Her physical strength far exceeds mine as well.  

“We have many confirmed targets tonight. I want to see if you can assassinate them before you take on your professor who is being given power by an archdemon.”

“Huh? Archdemon?”

‘What the fuck... No wonder he’s so strong.’

“The level of the archdemon is 300 so he's pretty weak. There might be a stronger archdemon in the shadows but we’ll worry about the one we know of first. While I can take him out, you must take out the professor. It won’t be an easy feat. Demons are already more powerful than humans even if they are similar in level. With your low stats compared to your level...”

“I can handle it.” I held up my hand with a reassuring smile.

‘I still have my precious sword Dáinsleif.’ 

“Good. As you are my subordinate until we graduate, rewards will be given to you every time you slay a major demon.”

“R-Rewards you say?”

I wiped the drool from my mouth.

“Name anything you want. I usually hand out potions that can increase a person’s level. Money isn’t a problem as well.“

“I already have something in mind.” 

I giggled while staring at her body.

“That is out of the question.”

Emilia backed away from me with a disgusted expression.

“I should’ve known a dragon would ask for something like that.”

“Tsk. Then why did you say anything?”

“Anything besides that. I am still a virgin.”

I grumbled while putting on my cloak.

‘You sway your hips so seductively on purpose to seduce me. At least take responsibility.’

I’ll have to lay down my pride again and seek release from one of the academy skanks who fuck for money. They might not be as tight Lena who was a virgin but it’s better than nothing. My balls were so damn heavy after being abstinent for so long.

Emilia sighed as she looked at me who was pouting.

While we were busy getting prepared, a knock came from the door.

“Ah, that must be the others.”

“Others?”

Emilia went towards the door.

“Yes. I called two other servants to help us kill the low ranking demons tonight.”

The door opened.

“Hellooo~ Little Emilia~~”

One of the women jumped towards Emilia and hugged her.

‘W-Whoa...’

Her boobs were giant.

It was a young woman with tanned skin and blonde hair. She had green eyes and wore revealing shorts. I could see her plump thighs wrapped in leggings.

My boner raged even more. 

‘Kuh... it hurts...’

“Get off, you cow!”

Emilia pushed her away.

“Kyaahahaha! You look so cute when you’re angry. Who’s this handsome piece of ass?”

Before I knew it, she took a hold of my face and looked closely at it. I could feel her hot breath as she chewed her bubble-gum.

“Oh, my. What a stud! And look at his package! Kyaa! He got hard for me!”

“Luther meet Emma. She’s also one of her highness, Ashura’s servants.”

“Oh! It’s the dragon who kicked that rapist’s ass! You’re so cool! You know, he wanted to rape me too?”

‘Who the hell wouldn’t want to? You’re revealing your assets for everyone to see.’

I know it doesn’t matter how a woman dresses but there are limits. I could even see Emma’s areolae a little bit.

“H-Hello, lady Emilia.”

A timid voice came from the door.

A small girl with glasses and black hair  walked in. She looked like the docile and silent type.

“Ah, you’re here. Luther this is Skye. The two of them are on the same team. “

She had a bladeless sword on her waist. Judging by its design, she might be a magic swordsman who uses her mana to manifest a blade. They say that magic swordsmen need a lot of mana to create their own aura blade.

‘Maybe she’s like Noelle.’

I haven’t really heard of her before.

“Now that the two of you have gathered here. I hope you all remember your targets?”

All three of us nodded.

“We will meet back here before classes start. Since we’re going outside the island, use these to come back.”

Emilia handed us teleportation scrolls. 

‘These things are usually expensive. How rich is Ashura to be able to afford this?’

She’s rank 23 so it makes sense that she’s so wealthy.

“Emma, open a gate above the Empire’s plaza. We will split up there.”

“R~oger!”

‘She specializes in spatial magic huh.’

A dense portal formed in the middle of the room.

“Let’s go.”

*

“W-Wait! We can talk about this, alright? Hehehe.”

When I was about to cut off the head of a demon servant, he suddenly went onto the ground and kowtowed. 

“Where are the portals located? I will let you off the hook of you tell me.”

Of course, I don’t plan on doing that.

There was a girl on the bed with her head severed off. Many more heads were lying around. I stopped him before he could hurt the young woman sitting in the corner. She was trembling uncontrollably. 

Literally every single one of those headless bodies have been ravished by this disgusting demon servant with his creepy fetish. Just because they gained a little power they think they can do whatever they want. This servant would take poor women off the street and give them a home. This is but a ruse since he only wants to fuck their corpses. Many brothels have gone out of business since he kidnaps prostitutes as well.

My task was to finish off the assigned demon servants and ‘ask’ them if they know of the locations of any portals. It was already confirmed by Emilia that there were two on the academy island.

With Ashura’s help, we’ll be able to close the portals.

“I don’t have all day, you bastard.”

The sun was already starting to come up. I’ve killed four so far and none of them told me what I wanted to know.

 “Hehehe...”

“What are you laughing at?”

When he lifted his head, he spat out several needles.

Clank

Clank

Clank

I quickly blocked them. The man ran towards the window and tried jumping out.

“Wait till Lord Lucifer hears of this! You’ll pay!”

‘Lucifer?’

That must be the demon lord who sent his archdemon here.

I sighed.

“Dáinsleif, cut off his legs.”

My sword flew towards the man just when he was about to jump.

“Gyaaah!!!”

His flesh was torn by my sword’s blade. 

“Hurk! Guh! Agh!”

He crawled onto the windowpane using his arms.

“Hiii!!?”

I grabbed his head and forced him to look at me.

“So Lucifer is your boss, huh?”

Lilith already gave me a list of all the demon lords.

“Rank 20. What the actual hell...”

How powerful must the archdemons be if he’s higher ranked than Ashura?

‘Shit. So he is the one setting up all these portals in the empire.’

“You’re not going to talk anyway so goodbye.”

I crushed the man’s head and threw him out of the window.

“Haa...” 

‘Job well done.’

I finished my first mission and managed to get a name as well. How did it go with the others?

“Um, ma’am?”

I approached the lady who was sitting in the corner and covering up her body.

“I won’t hurt you. I’ll take you home so don’t worry.”

“T-Thank... you...”

“Are there any more people in this household?”

I came through the roof so I didn’t check downstairs for any people. 

She shook her head.

“We were the only ones left.”

“I see.”

I looked at the corpses. 

‘I’ll come back later to give them a proper burial.’

Before that, I had to report back to Emilia. 

As I ran along the rooftops, I thought to myself...

‘Why do I feel no hesitation to kill?’

Even if they are demon servants, they are still the same as humans. I’ve been a human for 17 years of my life so why didn’t I feel hesitation in killing people?

‘Am I slowly losing my humanity...?’

Where am I?

What am I doing?

Did my soul not vanish when my flesh perished?

That dragon slaying hero killed me in cold blood because of the species I belonged to. It wasn’t fair by any means. I was killed after I had to fight days and nights without rest.

Why does it feel like someone is controlling my body?

I have never felt myself walk on two legs before so why?

‘...’

What are these memories that flood my mind? This absolute hate for the world and its inhabitants? This hate is so much that it threatens to overwhelm my own.

Death. 

This person has experienced countless deaths. A soul that has seen their own death. They slowly lose their sanity and lose sight of what it meant to be themselves. 

His life was always filled with his own death when meeting an opponent stronger than himself.

He pushed himself no matter which opponent stood in his way. 

To become the strongest. 

But that all changed when he met the true god among humans. 

He saw his death a million times but it couldn’t be compared to the opponent he faced at that time. It was like a toddler trying to take on a Holy Knight.

The person slowly rotted away in the dark. He received a helping hand from those hated by the world.

Demons.

His crumbling soul found a new purpose.

Eradicate the beings from another world.

What are these memories? A life filled with fear, suffering and pain even if he achieved the purpose for why he wanted to grow stronger?

You dare think your soul can overwhelm my own because of what you once were? I will not allow my pride to be tested by a puny being such as yourself.

I will not allow my soul to be overwhelmed for I am the great and mighty Black Dragon, Tiamat.

8