CHAPTER 21 – Celebrating the First Month. Part 1.
21 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 21 - Celebrating the First Month. Part 1.

Ehem. Well.

Dreimo, as you already know, today is a special day. It's been a month since Yuik started living with me!

A tough month, but satisfying! I haven't been able to sleep and I'm very stressed, but all my efforts have been worth it!

She no longer has nightmares, she got used to her job, discovering another world fills her with enthusiasm and curiosity, and most importantly, she no longer feels like a monster! She can now perfectly control her Vampire side.

And speaking of Vampires... Now that I think about it, when I killed that Vampire Queen, I didn't let her speak, I immediately killed her upon seeing her. How powerful was she and her henchmen? Knowing that would help me determine if I should worry about Yuik's power or not. She was powerful, that's why I killed her instantly, to not give her time to prepare, but how much?

Well, it doesn't matter. A pure being like Yuik is incapable...! Incapable of becoming evil...? No...

I shook my head. No, no, no. This is a different case. Even if she has power, she won't become evil. It's pointless to be now that she lives comfortably with me. Don't mistrust her, you idiot!

Now, back to the most important thing, the celebration...! Celebration?

"Should I celebrate or not?"

I don't know if Yuik would feel comfortable with that. Painful memories might come back to her mind or, perhaps, celebrating her freedom would make her happy. One of those two options might happen... I don't know well the mindset that women have regarding these matters. Does Yuik prefer celebrating an event that changed her life for the better? But that could remind her of all the pain she went through before being free, like the deaths of her loved ones and... what those damn bandits did to her... Bandits... One of them was a former S-rank adventurer. Why would someone with such power become a bandit? I didn't pay attention to that before because I didn't want to give importance to someone I hate, but now that I remember, does that make sense? An S-rank adventurer can kill criminals and have sex with women in any brothel. And if he has a fetish for rape, he can rape female criminals. Why did he choose the option of becoming a bandit? When I see him suffer, I will ask him, mainly out of curiosity. Understanding human nature is important to be prepared for any situation.

Ah, my damn habit of overthinking about other things. Focus!

To celebrate or not to celebrate? Ay, this is complicated.

I think the best way to celebrate is to continue living as we normally do. To carry on with our lives, living happily and not giving importance to our pasts... What a cheesy idea, but it's perfect! There's no need to celebrate, just continuing with our normal lives is enough. Remembering our pasts will only make us suffer. The past can't be changed anymore, the... No... I won't finish that sentence... Not yet. I don't deserve to say it.

Ah, the important thing is that I came up with a great idea. I'm a genius! To celebrate without celebrating, just by continuing with our lives... Although I do want to do something different today.

Let's see, what could we do?

Mmm... Visit a beach...? No... No, not that. She doesn't like being looked at by men, I don't think she would want to wear a swimsuit. We could just go to see and eat seafood, but I'd rather not risk her feeling uncomfortable with men and women in swimsuits.

A quieter place. Something like...

"Go to the cinema?"

It's a simple place, with food and entertainment. It's perfect... Almost perfect.

Ah, right, there are currently no interesting movies... Mmm... Maybe eat at a café?

Chat while we eat some dessert. Simple, and simple is always normal and relaxing.

Mmm... Yes... It's something calm and Yuik likes to eat. I think it's fine.

"Then we'll go to an ordinary café."

I crossed out the other options from my notebook.

Alright, now to sleep, I think I still have some time... Ah, it's already dawn. I got distracted cleaning, and when I was about to sleep, I remembered this day.

... Ah, it doesn't matter, I'm not sleepy.

I'll go out for a cup of coffee and I'll be back.

Yuik will wake up in an hour. I'll have her favorite coffee ready for her.

"I'll be back soon."

I cast a protection spell. If she's in danger or if someone enters the house, I'll immediately appear in front of her, and if a bomb falls on the city and destroys it in less than a second, my spell will protect her body and she'll come out unharmed.

... Is it enough? I always do this, but I'm afraid I made a mistake or became too confident.

L-let's see... Yes, the spell is properly cast. It works... J-just one more check... Yes, it works... What if it's a trick by a God?

I threw a fireball and it dispersed upon touching it. Yes, it works... What if I damaged the spell? J-just one more check.

Ah, I spent 30 minutes making sure the spell worked 100%, but I still feel strange! I know the spell works, but something inside me is afraid that I saw it wrong! W-why do I feel so uncomfortable and afraid? Even my body is trembling. It's not a bad feeling or anything, it's something else. Fear? Too much worry? I don't understand what's happening to me. Dreimo, does this always happen to you with Yuik, and she's always safe! D-don't worry, the spell works 100%... What if I checked it wrong?

No, enough! She'll be fine... Please, let her be fine.

"I'm becoming too dependent on her..."

I even feel so strange without her by my side... That's good for me because she makes me happy, but... what will I do when she falls in love and starts her own family? That's the downside. I can't have Yuik all to myself forever, she has her own life. She's not my possession, I can't have her with me forever. I'm afraid of losing her, but I shouldn't feel the way I do, I should learn to live without her... Learn...

"This didn't happen with my ex-friends."

It didn't affect me as much when I separated from them. Is it because they betrayed me? Because they were in love with me and didn't treat me like a mere friend?

They were with me for over 10 years, and Yuik only for a month. Why does my heart miss her so much...? Love? No, this feeling isn't love, it feels more like... sibling love... Siblings...

"Ah, yes, I understand."

Same past, different future... I understand... Better not think about that and focus on getting coffee in this world.

World 15, it's also dawn in this place.

Well, well. The students are back to class. Interesting. Time has passed too quickly in this place, and that's... strange... Ah...

"Are you serious?"

They're advancing time here while I'm in the other world because they think the new chosen one has a chance to kill me while I'm weak... How funny.

But well, the faster that bastard appears, the sooner I'll be at peace. That chosen one is a constant headache.

I have to be careful with the men in this world, I doubt it will be a woman like the previous chosen one... Ah, how I liked that woman, I almost came to love her. It's a shame she didn't choose me.

"Hey, hey!"

Hmmmh? Did someone talk to me? I felt like those words were meant for me. How strange, nobody knows me in this world, and I don't feel hostility or magic power.

No, they're probably talking to someone else, or they're mistaking me for someone else. I don't have time to waste, I'm in a hurry.

Should I bring some dessert to Yuik? She likes coffee with a lot of sugar, so a little more sugar will make her happy, or so I suppose.

"Hey!"

A girl started walking beside me and slapped me on the back. Hey, I know you.

"Long time no see, sir!"

Sir, such elegance in that word.

"Hello, miss."

She's one of the addicted girls I rescued.

Poor creature, she was sexually abused and made addicted to a drug to force her to sell her body and get more drugs.

Don't worry, girl, the one who hurt you is receiving his punishment, unlike a certain person who... Ahhhhhhhh! Stop torturing yourself, you idiot!

"You look better. Was it so hard to take a bath?"

"Hey, that's rude!"

She gave me a little punch on the arm. She didn't use all her strength, just enough to make it look like a friendly punch.

... Did she pout? How cliché, although it's normal in this world... Normal... Ah, that useless Goddess. Am I in the middle of another one of her games?

"You look so happy and full of energy. Did you quit drugs?"

"Since you saved me, I haven't consumed anything!"

She made a peace sign with her fingers and winked at me. Yes, that's nice, but it only confirms the worst. I hope you don't ruin my favorite world, useless Goddess.

"I see. I'm really glad to know that."

A girl with a flat chest and short hair. An adorable girl... Ahhhhhhhhh!! It frustrates me to know that she was sexually abused by a jerk.

Ah... That jerk will suffer for eternity. They now have the opportunity to move on with their lives and leave the past behind.

They were sexually abused, that jerk drugged them and threatened to upload videos of their rapes to the internet.

They are all victims, and I will make sure no one tries to harm them!

Ah... I can't help but help people who were abused, they remind me of my past self.

No one helped me... I really wanted someone to save me... And now that I have the power, I will save them.

We continue walking as we talk. She tells me about her life and hobbies, what she does to overcome her pain and move forward. I only helped her overcome her addiction, but she herself strives to forget her past as a prostitute and move on. Seeing her with so much determination and a smile on her face makes me very happy. I think I will visit them from time to time to see their progress, I could learn more things and use them with Yuik. For example, about hobbies. What would Yuik like to do? Write, draw, sing? I will ask her later.

And her former clients are dead, she is no longer afraid of her past as a prostitute haunting her. There may be rumors about her, but the evidence no longer exists, they cannot prove it, and if she ignores them, she will be happy.

"Oh, by the way, take this!"

She took a ticket out of her backpack and handed it to me. Let's see what it says. "Come and listen to us, it's free! (Autographs cost $10. Don't complain, they'll be worth more in the future!) Blank canvas!"

Blank canvas? A strange name for a rock band.

"Why 'Blank Canvas'?"

"Because we, and only we, will paint our own future! No one will ever force me to do anything again!"

Ah, I see. It conveys a nice message. I like it. Will Yuik like rock music? It says it's free, so I don't think she needs a ticket. But I don't see the date anywhere. Whoever designed this messed up.

"When will it be?"

"When can you come to hear us?"

"Me?"

"You inspired me to create the band, I want you to be at my first concert! We'll do it when you have time to come."

She is holding onto my arm, and I feel judgmental stares from the people around us. Ah, I look like some kind of pervert dating a girl 10 years younger.

"Delaying a concert just for that would harm your bandmates and the progress of your band. You should think more about yourself and..."

"Shhh."

Did she put her finger on my lips to silence me?

"I know, but I really want you to be there. Just this once, I took the risk. Please, it would make me very happy if you were there," she said, holding my right hand with both of hers and... crying.

I feel guilty for manipulating them to make them fall in love, but it was necessary to give them a purpose in life. Without any goals that inspire them to move forward with their lives, the pain of the past would make them live lives full of suffering, unable to enjoy them.

Love is a powerful feeling, and it is proving it by being able to give hope to a young girl whose life was hell.

But it's a double-edged sword. If she continues with that goal, only thinking about making the man she loves proud, when that man is no longer there, her life could crumble. "Why should I continue to strive if he's no longer with me?" she will wonder.

She must do things for herself and not to please others. I must make sure of that.

I hope this dream of having a band helps her enjoy life without depending on anyone else.

"Of course, I would be delighted to be there. I work independently, so I always have time. Just tell me the date and the location."

"Yay! W-would you give me your number?! I-It's to let you know when we decide. I have to discuss the date with my bandmates."

"Yes, of course."

"Yes, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have... Huh? Did you say yes?!"

"Was it a joke?"

"N-no, it's just that... W-well... I treated you very poorly the first time we spoke and I... Well... From the clothes I was wearing when we met, you know what I did to earn money... You know... I thought you would be disgusted."

"Why would I be disgusted by a girl who fights to move forward, despite the darkness of her past? From what I see, you haven't returned to that life."

"And I never will, I promise you!"

"You should make that promise to yourself, change for your own sake, your happiness should depend only on you, not others. I see in you a girl who wants to move forward and strives to fulfill her dreams and goals. I would never be disgusted by a girl like that, on the contrary, I admire you... That sounded cheesy, didn't it? I'm sorry."

"Don't worry, you speak very beautifully! I appreciate your words and support so much!"

Talking about her past could reopen wounds in her, I should avoid it.

"By the way, changing the subject, are you in the third year?"

"Yep! Today is my first day of classes after a long time. Ah, I will miss the holidays... By the way, my name is Mary!"

Mary, huh? Short name, but nice.

"My name is Dreimo."

"Dreimo?! What a coincidence, you have the same name as my grandfather!"

Huh?

"I thought my grandfather was the only one with that name, I had never met another person named Dreimo."

"I see. I haven't met anyone with my name either. Since I'm an orphan, I have never known if my name has any special meaning. Could you ask your grandfather if our name means something?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, he died a long time ago."

"Oh... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"Don't worry, he was 18 when he died, he only had my father because he was horny with my grandmother. I know it's cruel of me, but I feel nothing for him."

... I can't have children with humans, but just in case, I will do a paternity test.

Now that I think about it, she looks like my second-to-last girlfriend in this world, the class president!

That son of a bitch dared to rape my potential granddaughter?! I will go torture him later!

"She's not your granddaughter, your ex-girlfriend slept with a teacher and lied, saying the baby was yours," Sant said in my mind.

Ah, thank you, you relieved me. For the first time, I'm grateful for your harassment.

I knew the president was a nymphomaniac, but that much? Maybe the teacher blackmailed her or something... Ah, maybe he's already dead. I'll investigate later.

"Dreimo, hey. Are you feeling okay?"

"Sorry, I was remembering my deceased parents."

"Did you know them?"

"No, my sister and I were abandoned and raised by beggars. But I've always been curious about what they were like."

What a good story I wrote for this world's Dreimo. Raised by beggars so they don't suspect my origin, and to say that those beggars have already died.

"How sad!"

She hugged me, crying on my chest... Is it sad? Abandonment is sad, but to what extent? Isn't she exaggerating?

"Well, never mind. I'd rather not talk about it. You know, what happened, happened. Let's enjoy the present!" - I said, stroking her head.

She nodded and smiled at me, wiping her tears.

"Yes!"

Ah, I wish you were my granddaughter. I mean, it would hurt me a lot more what happened to you, but at least I would have descendants.

We continued walking while chatting about different topics, mainly about my job as a "writer". Yes, "writer", in quotation marks. What I do is steal light novels from other worlds and pass them off as my own. Why? To justify my income. I have the supreme rulers of this world under my feet, but that won't stop other people from suspecting me. I publish them using a pseudonym, but at least the checks I receive help me justify my income. You never know when having a false identity could come in handy.

"Wait!"

"She beat us to it!"

"Cheater!"

... One, two, three... 6 girls walking alongside me.

Yes... This could be misinterpreted. I hope my bad reputation doesn't become a nuisance in the future.

"It's a pleasure to see you again, sir!"

"Hello, girls. I hope you're doing well. You look better than before."

"It's all thanks to you!"

"Since you saved us, we left our addiction behind!"

"We became better people!"

"And healthier!"

"Y-you made us r-realize that we w-were w-wrong... T-t-thank you so much for saving us!"

One of them is a shy girl, she avoids looking directly at me and speaks in a low tone. A girl with no self-esteem... I'll personally cut off that son of a bitch's testicles later.

"I just did my good deed for the day."- I said, smiling.

They blushed and avoided looking me in the eyes.

Wow, how adorable. Having this appearance isn't so bad... Wait a moment... Yuik's coffee!! She'll wake up in 5 minutes!!!!

Uffffffff. I made it to the cafeteria on time. Lucky me!

"See you another day. Goodbye."

They said goodbye to me and continued on their way. Without harassing me, huh? They really want to make a good impression.

"Goodbye, Dreimo, I'll call you later!" - Mary shouted, waving her smartphone.

"Huh?!"

They all reacted surprised, angry, and frustrated, all at the same time. Yes, this is definitely the world of clichés. Damn it.

Ah, marking territory. Does she really not have my blood? She's too cunning.

Anyway.

I opened the door to the cafeteria, and a very, very handsome guy comes out.

Wow. Considering I suspect this is the world of clichés combined with the world of technology, that guy is the protagonist of his own romantic comedy or something like that. The authors of manga, novels, and series always make the protagonist handsome and well-endowed, so that men think it's them and feel good when the protagonist succeeds and does well. Such a pathetic resource, but it works, it works.

Well, well... I'll keep Yuik away from those types of characters.

Jealous? Not really. It's because I know how dangerous clichés from the world of clichés can be.

The only world with the potential to be able to kill me.

(Pov - Saoko.)

"W-who is that boy?"

"He's so handsome."

"H-he's so... cool."

So many female voices around me, confirming what I clearly already know.

Hehe. Thanks to my master's training, I became slim and handsome! I'm so handsome that I'm afraid of falling in love with myself! Hahahahaha!

All the girls are staring at me, blushing! They must have fallen in love with me at first sight! Hehe. I know, I know, I'm great. I give you permission to masturbate thinking about me, cuties. Hahahahaha!

Great, this is perfect! I'm handsome! Goodbye to the disgusting fat guy who was bullied! Hello, handsome!

Now I can finally start my revenge!

"Did you see his hairstyle?! It's so cute and cool!"

"Does he like younger girls? I hope so, to at least have a chance."

"But he didn't look directly at us."

"Yes, he's a gentleman... He's perfect!"

Those voices...

I turned around... Candy, my older sister and my former friends. All together. Perfect! I can't wait to see their regretful faces for treating me badly! Hahahahaha!

Hehe. It's time for my revenge.

"Hey, older sister!"

I approached them and stood in front of my older sister, smiling. Look at everything you missed, idiots. Except you, sister, I'm not sick. But now I'm the beautiful one in the family! You can never make fun of me again!

"Do you notice anything different about me?"

"Yes, you're slim. Now stay away from me, you disgust me."

"... Huh?"

But what? D-did I hear that wrong?

All of them kept walking, completely ignoring my presence... What? Nothing?

"He's so cute and smells good!"

"And he's single. We have a chance!"

Are they talking about me?! Hehe. I knew it. They were too embarrassed to look at me, huh?

"But we have to wait. I don't think he'd be interested in dating students."

What?

"It's true, we have to wait until we graduate."

Are... Are they talking about an adult?

"I won't give up!"

"Haha. Same here."

... They completely ignored me... What?!

"Candy!"

I approached her and grabbed her arm. This must be a mistake! I'm handsome now and my penis grew! I'm practically perfect! You have to fall in love with me so I can pretend to still be in love with you and then break your heart by cheating on you with another girl!

I'm perfect, it's impossible for this to happen to me!

"Don't you have anything to say to me...?!"

Huh?

I-I received a slap and she looked at me with disgust... Me? With disgust? But... I'm handsome. I-I'm not a pig anymore.

"I'm disgusted by men. Don't touch me."

"Now you're skinny. So what? What do you want us to do? Fall in love with you just because you're handsome? Pfft. Hahahaha! What a joke!"

"You're so pathetic, idiot."

"Disgusting."

They all kept walking... T-they didn't even... They didn't even care... All the effort... And I can't even get revenge? All those nights I didn't sleep because I was training. All the pain... And it was all for nothing?

Damn it...! At least I'll beat up the idiot who stole my girlfriend. If I can't get revenge on them, I'll get revenge on that bastard! I'll make you my bitch, idiot! The roles will be reversed!

... This...

...

...

...

... This can't be happening to me.

They were supposed to beg for my forgiveness.

I was supposed to see them suffer... And I can't do it.

... He's dead, he committed suicide.

That son of a bitch, he killed himself before I could humiliate him.

I'm left without my revenge.

I'm left without the satisfaction of seeing them suffer.

Without the satisfaction of beating the crap out of that bastard.

I'm handsome, but... it's useless. I just wanted to be handsome to get revenge, but everything went wrong.

... You've got to be fucking kidding me, destiny!!

I can't even personally get revenge on that son of a bitch?! He died without receiving the punishment he deserved! Damn it!!

Why did this happen?! This wasn't supposed to happen!

(Pov - Dreimo)

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!"

Hmm?

As I was leaving, the handsome guy from the cafeteria passed by me, complaining about something. He's crying out of frustration, a lot. Did he end up being a character in an NTR story with old fat guys? Poor guy.

Anyway, I have to go back, I don't want to worry Yuik.

I left a burger joint with sodas and burger packs.

A good meal to have breakfast with Yuik.

We can eat all the junk food we want, our digestive system is very good, we won't gain weight. Oh, that explains Yuik's big appetite... Well, 50/50. Our stomach only digests faster if we eat a lot, it doesn't increase hunger.

"4 burgers for Yuik and 8 for me."

Perfect.

Yuik's appetite still surprises me, but it's understandable considering that she didn't eat delicious food before she met me.

... Oh... An elderly couple holding hands.

They passed by me... Wow, how lovely... Lovely...

"... Love... Is it really something beautiful?"

Those old people look happy together.

How long have they been together? Maybe for years... Perhaps they've known each other their whole lives.

... Love is an unknown topic to me. I've never been in love... Does it feel good to be in love? I don't know. The closest I've come to love was with my ex-girlfriend, "María," the previous chosen one. I liked her a lot and I almost felt love for her, but she tried to kill me and I had to kill her. Despite everything I did for her, she betrayed me.

But...

I turned to look at the old couple. They're talking and smiling. They enjoy being together... A love that many dream of having. A romance that never ends.

Maybe they don't have sex as often as before, but it doesn't bother them because they're together because they love each other, not for sexual pleasure.

Such a... lovely love...

"Ah... I wish to fall in love someday."

Well... I better forget about that depressing topic for now.

I'll go back to the other world.

3