CHAPTER 16 – Rest day.
54 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 16 - Rest day.

Finally, the day arrived when we could enjoy one of the most beautiful labor rights in this world: the rest day. A day where we can forget about worries, stress, and the routine of work, and dedicate ourselves to doing what we love or feel like doing. A day where we can be ourselves, without having to pretend or adapt to the demands of others. A day where we can be free.

"Great, today is our rest day, Yuik! We must enjoy it as much as we can! After all, we only get one day a week."

Yuik nodded quickly.

One day a week, and we work 8 hours, from Monday to Saturday. Yes, a fair schedule, I can't complain.

Rest days in a boring job feel very relaxed and peaceful. It's like we enjoy the days more when we don't have the worry of waking up early to go to work.

We must enjoy it as much as we can because days like these allow me to do more things with Yuik than I usually do, speeding up her mental recovery a bit. The more fun and diverse things we do, the happier Yuik will be... I think.

The more, the better, right? I understand that humans prefer quantity over quality. For example, most men want to have more than one woman because even if their wives are the most beautiful in the world, they get bored of always "eating" the same thing. The same goes for Yuik. She can enjoy something a lot, but if it lasts longer than necessary, she will get bored and her progress will decrease.

"The more, the better"... Interesting... Humans are... We are really strange creatures, although the Gods are not that different. The only difference is that the Gods can do whatever they want, as long as they fulfill their duties and don't break the rules, and humans have many limitations, like their mortality, they have to work to earn money and... well... things like that.

What could we do today...? Hmmm... I think I need to read the notes I took while doing research. My memory is very good, but I force myself not to remember things 100% on purpose, to feel more human. Ah, I wish my body were less special.

I took out a crumpled piece of paper from my pocket and started reading it.

Hmmm... Well, well. This seems very interesting, although I'll have to modify it.

"According to what I researched on the internet, coworkers usually spend their free time with their families and drink in the evenings, whether with their romantic partners, friends, or coworkers. But we don't have families or romantic partners..."

"And what am I?!" Sant shouted in my mind.

Tsk. I'll ignore that idiot.

"So we'll omit that. Do you drink alcohol, Yuik?"

She nodded and wrote in her notebook, "I've never drunk it, but I'm interested in knowing its taste."

Personally, I prefer wine. I developed a certain taste for it because... Let's say Sant's mother used to make me drink with her after a successful mission. My body got used to the taste... Although I didn't use a glass or cup to drink it... Ah, damn, I better not remember that. Yuck. I won't eat chocolate again for a while.

But canned beer, dark beer, light beer, those kinds of beers taste... weird to me. I can drink them, but I'm not fascinated by the taste. And since my body can't get drunk on human beer, it doesn't make sense for me to drink alcohol. That's why I always avoided drinking with my hero colleagues because I prefer to have something delicious like orange juice or mango juice.

I doubt Yuik will like the taste, but we all have different tastes, we won't know until we try. And I'm not worried about her getting drunk because I'll always be with her and prevent any idiot from taking advantage of that... Taking advantage of that?

That's right, where will we drink? Drinking alone doesn't sound fun. What do humans do...?

Hmmm... They drink at parties and gatherings with friends. We're just two, so it won't be that much fun. And if we get drunk with our boss, the girl closest to Yuik, when she gets drunk, she will sexually harass me worse than usual, and that will scare Yuik.

Drinking alone or with our boss is ruled out. By process of elimination, we'll drink at a party.

"So we'll drink in the evening."

Alcohol doesn't have any effect on me, but I'll keep Yuik company, I'll even pretend to be a little drunk to make her feel more comfortable.

Alright, what else will we do?

I kept reading the notes... Hmmm... Oh, this sounds more peaceful and easy. I don't need much planning for this.

"I also found out that normal friends go to amusement parks, karaoke, the cinema, and public swimming pools... We already did the cinema, so we'll skip that."

Yuik nodded.

"Alright..."

Three available options.

Public swimming pools...? No, Yuik is too shy and doesn't like attracting attention. And not only is she beautiful, she has a quite attractive body. She will definitely catch anyone's attention if she wears a swimsuit. Ah, yes, it's better not to do that. It's not a good idea for her to wear a swimsuit.

Karaoke...? I don't have much experience with that. I went a few times in my past life with my girlfriends, but I always ended up bored and sexually harassed. Several times, one of my girlfriends would take me to those places to have sex. Besides, Yuik can't sing, so it doesn't make sense for only me to sing. Yes, it's definitely ruled out.

Only the amusement park remains. Fortunately, there is always one available in this city.

Those kinds of places are very family-oriented, so they are safe and there's no risk of anything making Yuik uncomfortable. As long as she's by my side, her fear of people around her decreases, so I don't have to worry about that part, although I have to prevent any idiot from trying to flirt with her.

For some reason, I'm handsome in this modern world, so if I pretend to be Yuik's boyfriend, the number of men who will try to talk to her will decrease. After all, humans care a lot about appearance. How strange, but that's their nature. The important thing is that they will feel inferior to me and won't try to compete with me.

Although I still don't understand why I'm handsome. I thought I had many girlfriends in my past life because they were attracted to my soul, but it was also because I was considered handsome. Why? With all the sins I committed, why was I given such an attractive appearance? Ah, probably the Supreme Goddess did it for some reason. Was it to be more attractive to my mother's clients and that made me get violated more often? That's probably why.

Ah, it's not worth thinking about that anymore.

"Do you want to go to an amusement park?"

Yuik nodded. Wow, she clasped her hands and put them on her chest while nodding. So adorable! You're excited to see something new, huh? I won't disappoint you!

"Perfect. Let's go."

We arrived at the bus stop.

Normal people use the bus, although I could also buy a car because that's also normal... Ah, but I'm too lazy to maintain it, get the permits, the credentials, blah, blah, blah. I prefer to avoid wasting time on that.

Now we have to wait.

"Na... Na... Mmm... Waiting is boring, huh...? Hmmmh..."

Suddenly, she started trembling. The hand holding onto my sleeve is trembling.

Tsk. The day was going so well.

"Hey, what a pretty girl."

"What's your name, beautiful?"

"Beautiful I have the di..."

I covered my mouth. No, no, don't say vulgar things in front of Yuik.

Yuik started trembling even more out of fear.

I recognize their characteristics. Those two idiots are the typical guys who think they're the best... Juvenile delinquents. Young people who only think about money, sex, and drugs. They're like an urban tribe in this world, and they're very feared, mainly because most of them are connected to some criminal organization. Women open their legs for them out of fear of being killed, and men give them their money for the same reason.

They have blond hair and tanned skin... Yes, they're a cliché. I have to take care of these scumbags.

Mmm... There are two people in the area who can see me, and I can't use violence in front of Yuik either... I have to use that other thing again.

"Hey, idiots, don't try to flirt with her or you'll regret it."

"Eh?! And what will you do to stop us, pretty boy?"

If you knew what I'll do, you'd be begging for mercy.

"We can do whatever we want!"

No, that's me, I can do whatever I want to them, literally... Huh? You just made your fate worse, trash.

One of them was about to touch Yuik's breasts, but when he saw what he was trying to do, I immediately covered Yuik's eyes so she wouldn't get more scared than she already is, and I cut off that idiot's hands with my own hand.

I know you're very scared, Yuik, but just wait a few seconds while I fix this problem.

"Don't look, Yuik," I whispered in her ear to calm her down.

His hands fell to the ground, and it took them a couple of seconds to process what just happened.

"Eh...? Eh?!"

He fell to the ground and started screaming in terror.

His reaction is so satisfying. What? You never imagined that I would cut off his hands? Well, no one would have imagined it in this world.

Scream and scream as if your screams will wake you up from this supposed nightmare.

"Don't open your eyes yet," I said, removing my hand from her face.

There, I've activated the soundproofing field 2.0, to prevent Yuik from hearing what will happen. The 1.0 that I used before cutting off this idiot's hands prevented Yuik from hearing his screams of pain, and the 2.0 is to make sure she doesn't realize what I'll do to them.

Finish this.

I gave a "strong" blow to the second person's face and he fell to the ground, to prevent him from escaping.

Let's analyze their souls, while both look at me with fear. Ah, how nostalgic... Tsk. Don't feel nostalgia, you idiot.

Mmm... Well, well. These two are useless, they can't even be bad.

"A pair of desperate virgins, huh? So pathetic. You have evil souls, but you haven't committed crimes so serious that deserve the punishment of death. The evilest thing you've done, I believe, would be sexual harassment. But you made the mistake of bothering me, and that is a big mistake, the worst a mortal could make. Why? Because I would kill anyone for simply bothering my friends, regardless of gender, age, or social status."

I put my hands on their faces and fire started to surround them, burning them alive.

Their screams of pain are so... satisfying. Normally, I would hate feeling like this, but considering they tried to sexually harass Yuik, they deserve this and more, and yes, that "more", they will receive it in hell.

They jump on me, holding me, begging, screaming for mercy, while their eyes melt and a smile settles on my face, a smile that I forced myself to hide.

I closed my eyes and sighed. You can't change overnight, Dreimo, I know. Don't despair.

In less than 30 seconds, they turned into dust and I stored the trash in my [Magic Storage]. I prolonged their deaths for simple personal satisfaction. I know it was wrong, but they deserved it for trying to sexually harass Yuik. Their deaths would have been more peaceful if they hadn't done that stupidity.

I cleaned the air and the floor... Well, everything is ready. As if nothing had happened.

I sat down and deactivated the soundproofing field I set up to prevent Yuik from hearing me.

"Ready, you can open your eyes now."

Yuik opened her eyes and I shook my hands. Thanks to my illusion magic, she sees the two men unconscious on the ground, contrary to reality, because even though they are bad, I don't want Yuik to witness deaths. Thanks to 2.0, she heard as if I was beating them while advising them not to do it again and to be better people, things like that.

Yuik knows that I have killed and done very sick things while I had the title of hero, like the times I raped the King with a cucumber in front of thousands of people, or when I used nobles and rapists as piñatas and beat them with sticks until their stuffing (guts) came out. She knows all that because all my actions, both good and bad, spread throughout the world, and well... I was the one who made sure that everyone knows that information, because that way they would fear me and avoid committing crimes like rape.

But even though Yuik knows that, she is not afraid of me, or at least not much, because since I met her, I haven't killed, or at least not in her presence. The bandits who kidnapped her don't count.

She has a kind heart, it's not a good idea for her to witness things like murder.

"Don't worry about the two people who could see us, I used illusion magic to make it look like those two fought each other. Oh, here comes the bus."

Just in time.

The bus arrived and we got on. It's quite crowded. Mmm... There's a seat available. Lucky us.

"Yuik, my butt hurts, I can't sit. Please, you sit." I said, smiling.

I said that because I know she would try to refuse if I told her to sit. I prefer to avoid arguing.

She's not dumb, she knows I'm lying, but that way she feels less guilty and accepts my kindness.

"T-thank you."

Huh?

Yuik sat in the seat.

... Curses are very powerful... A normal person in her situation wouldn't be able to utter a single letter.

But Yuik said a complete word.

... How powerful am I as a vampire? Did Yuik become powerful?

That's good, but I just hope the power doesn't change her.

Power corrupts even the purest person, and I tell you that from my own experience. I won't allow kind and pure Yuik to become evil or arrogant!

I must be a good guide. Her future is in my hands!

Well, we have arrived. I can already hear the laughter of children and the internal cries of adults, stressed because their children keep asking for things, spending so much money that they worked hard to earn.

Now that I am a humble librarian with a minimum wage, I understand their pain. Not much because in this world I use the money from bandits, but a little.

An amusement park... It's been a long time since I've been to one.

I bought VIP tickets. They will allow us to ride any mechanical ride without having to wait. I can already feel the envious and angry looks from the poor. Fufu. I'm sorry, but that's how capitalism works.

They are very, very expensive, but money is not a problem.

I think only rich people buy the tickets I bought, but I don't care about money, because as long as Yuik is happy, nothing else matters.

And it was worth coming to this place, Yuik is very excited. It doesn't show on her face, but it does in her body. She's looking around, appreciating the huge rides and food stalls.

Don't worry, Yuik, we will ride all the rides and eat at all the stalls. And we will also play those scam games, with my magic, we will scam them. Fufu.

We have made great progress with her mental state.

When I met her, she couldn't stop trembling in fear and avoided looking at me.

She stopped being so afraid of me and I can even pat her head without her getting scared. I don't do it because I try to avoid physical contact, not to make her uncomfortable, but yes, the progress has been very satisfying, better than expected.

All the time I spent with her was worth it. We can now consider ourselves real friends.

"Yuik, are you afraid of heights or speed?"

She said no.

Perfect, there are no limits now.

"Fufu. Come with me."

"Great!! Wow!!"

What an exaggerated scream of excitement, but at least it serves to infect Yuik with my supposed excitement, increasing her fun.

Yuik raised her arms, imitating the people in front of us on the roller coaster.

I thought she would be scared, but she still has the same expression.

She's not scared, she's very excited... Excited in a good way. She's having fun.

But she doesn't smile, not even unconsciously. Mmm.

... Maybe the same thing happened to her as it did to me... It's unlikely, because I don't think there were any reasons to smile when she was a sex slave.

But I must make sure. I don't want her life to be limited by her traumas... like mine.

Mmm... I think I got used to these speeds when I fly, it doesn't entertain me as much. The only thing that makes me smile and enjoy this is seeing Yuik enjoying herself, having fun, being happy, even if just a little.

Her happiness is my happiness, huh? Friendship is so mysterious.

We got off the roller coaster, and Yuik holds onto my arm, trembling. She's trembling because her body experienced a speed she's not used to, so I'm not worried, she just needs to rest a bit.

It was fun, but it's time to confirm my suspicions.

"Yuik, did you have fun?"

Yuik nodded quickly. Wow, this result was better than I expected. The magic of amusement parks, huh?

"I'm glad to hear that. Do you want a hot dog or...? Oh!"

I know what she'll like!

"Come, come, you'll love this."

I offered her my hand... Oh, I forgot she's afraid of physical contact. I'm sorry, Yuik, the excitement was too much.

I offered her my sleeve.

"You're about to eat one of the most delicious sweet things. Please come with me."

Yuik nodded and took hold of my sleeve.

We started walking, heading straight for the owner of the stand where they sell cotton candy.

Yummy. My mouth is watering just looking at them.

"I want to buy two, please. One blue and one pink."

"Thank you for your purchase,"- he said, handing me the cotton candy.

Wow, such fast and efficient service.

I paid and we continued walking, enjoying the cheerful atmosphere around us.

I took a bite of the cotton candy so that Yuik wouldn't be afraid to try it.

"Mmm. Delicious. You don't swallow it, you savor it and it melts with your saliva. Give it a try."

Yuik nodded and took a bite of the cotton candy.

And... she loved it! I can feel her happiness increasing, but as always, there's no reaction on her face.

None... Oh, please, let it not be what I think it is.

I waited until Yuik finished her cotton candy to talk about my suspicions.

"Did you like it?"

Yuik nodded quickly.

"I'm glad... Hey, Yuik... Why don't you smile?"

"..."

She stayed still for a few seconds and wrote in her notebook: "I'm sorry."

"I think I was misunderstood... Come with me."

We sat on a bench and I sighed.

Talking about my past is difficult for me, but I have to do it.

"My mother used to hit me when she saw me smile. She was disgusted by my smile. That's why I had the same expression you have. I got used to not smiling. And when I tried to smile, I remembered what my mother did to me and I couldn't smile..."

Sob?

No, don't cry, Yuik. I don't want to make you feel bad.

I turned to look at her and smiled.

"As you can see, I've overcome that trauma. I also had a trauma with sex... When I had sex for the first time with my first girlfriend, I couldn't help but remember when I was raped... Fear invaded my body and I wanted to cry... But I knew I had to overcome it, so I moved forward and ignored those memories... Over time, I stopped caring about my past... Yuik, I didn't smile either, but I managed to overcome my trauma. With a lot of time and effort, but I did it. So I want to help you overcome it too... Does it hurt to smile for you too?"

Yuik stayed still for 10 long seconds, thinking.

I'm sorry for telling you something so depressing, Yuik, but it's necessary. I want you to know that my empathy for you is not fake. If I could overcome it, so can you.

She started writing and then showed me what she wrote.

It said: "There were never any reasons to smile in my old life. I got used to not smiling... I'm sorry... But I can smile if you want me to!"

If I want her to?

"... Yuik..."

She tried to smile, but I put my hand on her mouth and stopped her. I'm sorry for touching you, but it was necessary to stop you. I'm not your owner.

"No, Yuik. Don't do it. As I told you before, you're my friend, not my slave. I don't care if you don't smile, because your happiness is all that matters to me, not how you express it. I thought it was because of a trauma, but it's just because you got used to not smiling. Just smile when you really want to. Don't smile for me, smile for yourself. Is that okay?"

She nodded.

"You're free, Yuik. You can do whatever you want with your life and body."

I stood up. It's not time to be sad, we're in an amusement park, let's have fun!

"Well, let's not waste any more time! We still have a lot of rides to go on."

Yuik nodded and stood up.

We started walking together.

Well, I guess I shouldn't worry about her expressionless face. She got used to that.

Now she just needs to overcome her fear of talking to people and being seen by others.

That's the hardest part, but I think I can do it... Or rather, I'm sure she can do it.

"Time heals all wounds." I hope it's true.

Time...

I looked around. Families. Parents and children.

A family... I wonder if Yuik dreams of having her own family.

Overcoming her trauma with men is the first step, although there's also the possibility that she'll fall in love with a woman because she hates men. Don't worry, Yuik, you'll always have my support.

And me... Well... A child, a wife... Will I be able to get them? A normal woman, with whom to share the rest of my life.

An average woman, with average intelligence, average beauty, average job, everything average... They're easy to find, but the difficult part is: Will I be able to make them fall in love? Or rather, will I be able to fall in love with someone?

Ah, I don't know, but it's not time to think about that. Let's have fun!

"Do you want to ride the Ferris wheel?"

Yuik nodded.

"Let's go."

6