Chapter 17
213 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three laws of enchanting are as follows:

One must destroy an already enchanted item to learn its enchantment.

One must use mana crystals made from his mana. Learn how to make mana crystals in chapter 12: Mana crystallization.

One has to use a compatible metal or cloth. Wood can’t be used for an enchantment. You can find a table with the available metals per enchantment in chapter 2: Enchanting’s fundamentals.

Theanore set the book down. It was very thick, and the little nymph was supposed to conquer it as one would a mountain peak. Marinus had taken one look at it and had made Theanore make him notes to follow in his studies.

The little nymph was just beginning to read, but she already had more questions than answers. Why didn’t the system ask her to make mana crystals if they were this useful? What was the penalty of putting the wrong enchantment for the wrong metal?

She went to chapter 2 and stared at the long table with metals and fabrics. She flipped the page and the table continued. Furthermore, she decided to write it simpler in her notes.

Opening a brand-new notebook, she took a quill and began to write.

Lithium – For weight reduction since it is the lightest metal. Use aluminum and magnesium as a mix.

Beryllium- A crystal as well as a metal. We can make many pretty pieces of jewelry with it. They come in different colors. Good for lightning and fire enchantments.

Sodium- It is a silvery, very light metal. It is less dense than water and burns in it with a bright yellow flame! It can be used for underwater light enchantment.

Theanore kept writing the whole day. Her hand hurt a little, but she found so many interesting things. Maybe the next book they buy would be on metals? She finally finished the metals and moved to the fabrics, which were blessedly less in number.

Silk- A sturdy fabric. Good for fire resistance and hardiness enchantment. Even unenchanted silk can stop an arrow.

Cotton- A soft fabric. It is used for fire enchantments as well as earth enchantments. Do not put lightning enchantment if you want to avoid causing a storm!

Wool- Like cotton.

Hemp- Use earth enchantments only.

Flax- Can be used with both an earth enchantment and a lightning enchantment.

Linen- Can have water enchantments on it.

Leather- A sturdy material that works good with all enchantments but above all with the lightning enchantment.

Finally, finishing the table, Theanore smiled at her work. It was ten pages long, but she was proud of it. She picked up the notebook and presented it to Marinus.

“Good job, Thea. Can we get all of these things?” Asked Marinus, looking at the watered-down description Theanore had made for him.

“We can trade for the fabrics. But we already have gold and copper. That is a good start. If we're capable of getting the ants to dig deeper into the mountain without the whole cave collapsing, then we may get more of these things.”

Marinus leafed through the notebook to check the description of copper and gold. He found copper first.

Copper- A reddish metal that is good for both fire and lightning enchantments.

Next, he found the description for gold.

Gold- Gold can be made into wires and thin sheets. It is good for both fire and lightning enchantments. Can also have weak water enchantments on it. Only until level 3 on the Wizard Odious’ scale.

Note: Wizard Odious’ scale is in chapter 17.

“It seems we will make the most money out of linen and gold enchanted items, since they have the rare enchantment type of water,” said Marinus and Theanore nodded.

“We can make capes and scarves out of linen and enchant them with a water enchantment and sell those. Otherwise, some seamstress will make a lot of money out of simple enchanted linen,” said Theanore. Ever since her library idea was shot down, she realized that giving someone the raw product was just asking for them to steal your business.

“Precisely. The ants can easily cut the fabric, but we will have to sew it. The next book we buy has to be on sewing. And we will need needles and thread. I hope uncle Crassus manages to sell the gold and pearls today,” said Marinus as he leafed through the notebook. Beryllium could be used in its raw form, as far as he could see. He could already imagine pearl bracelets with a crystal in the middle.

“Maybe I can create something that is capable of sewing instead of us? I saw a book in father Crassus’s bookshelf, and it had things like fairies in there. And about elves that made presents for something called Yule. If we're only able to get our hands on some of them, we will have our workshop!” Exclaimed Theanore, and Marinus grinned. This was a wonderful idea.

“Thea, show me that book,” he said, and she went and got a multicolored book from the bookshelf. She had to get on a chair to reach the old book. Giving it to Marinus, she opened it to where she could show him an illustration of a fairy.

“See? Isn’t she pretty? She is so small she lives in a flower, and she went on an adventure to save her grove from a beehive that went evil.”

Marinus began to read, and then he looked disappointed.

“Thea, this is a fairy tale.” He said, and Theanore looked confused at him.

“Why, yes. It is a tale about a fairy.” She thought that Marinus was being silly immediately. Instead of reading about Bellchime and her adventure, he was pouting.

“No, Thea. This is a story for children. The things in it didn’t happen. Bellchime is not real. Good fairies probably aren’t either.”

Theanore sniffled at that. The pretty fairy wasn’t real? The book was a lie? No! She couldn’t believe that. As soon as she was back in her grotto, she was going to ask the system if Bellchime could come live with them. And when she did come, she was going to show silly Marinus that this was a true story and not a lie.

8