Chapter 32
112 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sunflower was milking the goats. She had shown Theanore how to do it, but the murder muffins came, and she angled the milk directly into their mouths. All three of them were banished from the cliff and made to wait down by the house for the milk.

The worker elf had it good here. Plenty of food, a warm place to sleep, and even payment of ten gold coins per month. Grandpa Thinker would have never given her these things. She was glad that she was deemed unfit for her duties back home and sent here.

Something had to be done for the citizens of the continent of Alerion. Sunflower knew that Theanore couldn’t do much. She had denounced the continent and grandpa Thinker. Some other dungeon cores had done the same, changing their supplier to dungeon core Alina.

Sunflower supposed that this must have been the dungeon core’s plan. To get an innocent core, blind to its purpose, to give it credibility. As if it was saying: Look at me! I help the weakest among us.

And Theanore was weak. At level 3 she depended on the ghost aura and the barrier of the adventurers. But she was going to outlive the adventurers, and the ghost aura was only level 90.

She needed to be helped to level up without the speeding up of the growth of the sapling. Sunflower knew grandpa Thinker’s secret leveling technique. It wasn’t even anything bad, for once.

The goat’s milk ended and Sunflower took the bucket and made her way down the stairs, clutching the safety rail. She placed the bucket on the table next to the cooking pit and then put it in a pot to boil. There was enough so everyone, including the worker elves, could have a cup of milk.

When they got more goats, they would have enough for oatmeal too, but for now, they were simply too many. Theanore tiptoed towards the milk, a murder muffin in each of her hands. Sunflower pretended not to have seen her, but just as the little girl tried to tip Hiss over the still cool milk, Sunflower snatched the murder muffins from her hands.

“Everyone will get their share. If you let Hiss and Rip drink now, then they will have to drink the whole pot, and they will get sick,” said Sunflower sternly. She placed the two murder muffins down and pointed a finger at Theanore.

“You have to understand that just because you don’t see a problem with drinking milk that has been dirtied, it is not the same for everyone,” Sunflower ran a hand through Theanore’s fringes. The girl looked at her from below her eyelashes.

“But Hiss came here herself and Rip followed. Can’t they get their milk ahead of time?” Asked, the girl and Sunflower bend down to tug Hiss’s ear.

“Don’t blackmail her now! Bad Hiss. Wait, just like everyone else. Theanore, why don’t you go check on Petunia and Chrysanthemum?” Petunia and Chrysanthemum were the two female hamsters.

Theanore had gushed at them a lot the previous day. She would take some time away from overseeing the construction of the pen to give the hamsters more hay for their bedding and carrots. All the carrots in the ice room were eaten as a result, as Theanore found that hamsters ate as long as they had something to eat.

The nymph was going to give them all the cabbage and pumpkins too, but Crassus put a stop to it, saying that the hamster could eat grass just fine. They ate the barks of the trees too.

They had a giant pen, so they wouldn’t get lost, and they were outside the grotto since Crassus said the moist air inside the grotto won’t be good for their pregnancy.

Theanore picked up the murder muffins and rushed to the two hamsters. The murder muffins liked them a lot. They even gave them massages with their paws! As Theanore spoke to Petunia and rubbed her front paw, Hiss and Rip were massaging the stomach of Chrysanthemum.

The meat carrier, as Hiss liked to call the giant hamster, was in a good mood again. That was good. They needed to make the meat more tender while the pig was still alive. Hiss meowed at Rip and nudged him towards a neglected corner of the hamster’s stomach.

Rip, on the other hand, was eagerly awaiting the little morsels inside the hamster. But only if they were smaller than him upon birth. To be defeated by a newborn would be a great shame.

Rip’s tongue came out, and he gave the fur of Chrysanthemum a lick. It tasted like dirty fur. Perhaps if he jumps around the watering hole, the creator would give their future meals a bath?

Or maybe the nymph would give him a bath? He shrugged at the thought and without really wanting to he began to bathe the food. Hiss frowned and began to do the same. The things they did for good food.

Theanore saw the two murder muffins giving the hamsters a bath with their tongues. They weren’t attacking, so she was sure they were just showing their new friends how much they loved them.

Should she give Petunia and Chrysanthemum a bath? But then that would rob the murder muffins of the chance to show their love. And what if the hamsters get sick after the bath? It was September, after all.

Petunia snorted and Theanore petted her bulging stomach.

“We’ll name your children after flowers, too,” reassured her, Theanore and Petunia squealed.

“I knew you would like the idea. Say, do you want some milk too? Sunflower said that we can each get a cup. But I am not certain if she included you and Chrysanthemum. I can share my cup with you.”

Petunia moved her head away and shook it to chase away a fly that landed on her snout.

“Oh, really? You are so nice, Pet. I’ll sneak you a cabbage. You just keep quiet about it,” whispered Theanore right into Petunia’s ear. The hamster inhaled from the breath that tickled the inside of its ear, and Theanore took it as excitement.

4