Chapter 142
24 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grandpa Thinker pulled out his sword and made a step towards the groaning old man. He was still alive, but for how long, the spirit of Yule didn’t know. There was blood on his gag, and grandpa Thinker worried that there might be internal damage.

“Come out, coward. The bad list is too good for you!” Yelled his challenge, grandpa Thinker. He heard more thuds coming from the ceiling and more laughter, but fortunately, no humans were crushed this time.

Grandpa Thinker ran to the old man who was being stepped on and slashed at the air above him. His sword was stuck into something hard, and he heard a pained groan.

With a heave, grandpa Thinker dug the sword deeper into the flesh. Determined to cut off the giant’s foot. For what else could it be? And then his sword was yanked from his grip and he was kicked towards the waterfall.

Spitting out water, grandpa Thinker willed the black spots out of his vision and focused on his sword, which was stuck into thin air. The Giants must have invisibility items on them. He vowed to take them away from them. He knew just the spell.

Who is a better burglar than time?

Who is a better ally of mine?

Time, tick-tack, tick tacky.

Age that which hides them, and be quick.

With feet fleet.

This spell didn’t work on living beings, but every enchanted item had an expiration date. Soon, rainbow silhouettes appeared in the dark. The result of aged invisibility cloaks.

Seeing as they were no longer hidden, the three giants tore off their invisibility cloaks and brandished their clubs at grandpa Thinker. One of the giants was Ogrog, just as grandpa Thinker had suspected.

He nearly said the spell to set fire to the cavern when he saw the groaning humans on the floor. He would kill the Giants, but the people will perish too. Furthermore, he needed a change of plan. He required allies.

Here be atronachs,

There be spirits.

I require a stone golem of black stone.

And I require it to be fast and nimble.

A black stone golem as big as the giants appeared, and it lunged at Ogrog, tackling him to the ground and away from the humans. The golem and the Giant began to exchange fists in a brawl, and the rest of the Giants went to try to get the golem from Ogrog.

“No, you don’t!” Said grandpa Thinker, and he summoned a barrier between the golem and Ogrog and the rest of the giants. Then he picked up his fallen sword which had become dislodged when Ogrog kicked him, and faced off the nearest Giant.

They circled each other, neither wanting to be the first to strike. Then the Giant got impatient and jumped towards grandpa Thinker. The dungeon core jumped to the side at the last minute and while the Giant was down, he plunged his sword in the thing’s eye.

The Giant roared, and it got up, lifting grandpa Thinker, who still held the sword with him. Grandpa Thinker carved out the eyeball of the Giant, and he fell down on the ground with a thud.

Rubbing his sore bum, grandpa Thinker stood up to see the Giant glaring at him with his one surviving eye. The giant picked up a stone, as big as his head, and hurled it at grandpa Thinker.

The dungeon core ran towards the giant’s legs and plunged his sword right where the Giant’s vein was. Then he cut off two of the toes of the being before he was kicked back towards the waterfall.

“This seems to be the best you lot can do. Kicking.” Said grandpa Thinker as he spat blood. He felt his ribs and winced. He was not as young as he used to be. Still, these people depended on him. He couldn’t let them down.

Jumping on his feet, he had an idea for another spell.

Earth rise, water freeze.

Chains appear and ensnare this Giant.

And go right through his heart and make him bleed.

The ground rumbled and the water of the waterfall became frozen chains. They touched down and were encrusted with rocks, sharp and jagged, they pierced the giant right through the heart.

The being screamed in pain and collapsed on the floor. The chains, like a saw, kept going in and out of his chest even after he had died. Grandpa Thinker looked at the other Giant, who looked ready to bolt.

“Hah!” Said grandpa Thinker and the Giant ran for the exit, only to collide with an invisible barrier and be knocked unconscious. Grandpa Thinker looked towards the golem and Ogrog and saw that the golem was missing both of its hands and was holding the giant in a chokehold with its legs.

“Well, that won’t do.” Said grandpa Thinker, and he touched the ground. It was not good for his health to make so many spells back-to-back, but he had no choice. Just one more and the fight would be over. He hoped.

Spike rise and pierce,

That which is mighty and fierce.

This Giant deserves it.

A giant spike rose from the ground where Ogrog’s head was, but he, golem and all, rolled to the side and avoided being spiked to death. If grandpa Thinker cast even one more spell, his body will shut down, and he would fall unconscious.

And so, he gripped his sword and ran towards the giant and began stabbing into the being’s chest. It was a bloody ordeal, and the golem began to tighten its legs more. Finally, with one final twist of the golem’s legs, Ogrog was no more.

The golem became unmoving after its task was done, and grandpa Thinker went to sever the Giant’s head. There was a big bounty for Ogrog. Ten million golden coins. He planned to collect it.

Once he put the bloody head into his dimensional bag, he began to untie the captured humans. Everyone made it out of the cave alive. Even the old man who was stepped on. And grandpa Thinker had his prize. The last Angel’s tear plant in the world.

2