Chapter 228
14 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luca had made a teleport between Gor’s dungeon and the Apple Grotto, one he collapsed after the last ant passed through. The returning tropes expected a hero’s welcome, instead, they were called for a worker syndicate meeting.

Tod did not know what this was about. Why they were called back from their conquered lands. He shared a look with the ant Queen and could see how stiff she was.

Theanore was on the raised platform where she used to do royal decrees, once upon a time. She was holding Princess Strawberry, and the doll gave her courage. She, at least, wouldn’t leave her after this announcement. Or chastise her.

“Friends, I have done a bad thing,” said Theanore in a voice that was barely above a whisper. She was ashamed by her actions now. She deserved to be on the bad list for this.

The gathered ants, goats, and one Tedsby remained silent, looking at her confused. They were drunk on their victory and did not see anything bad in her actions.

“I have sent you to harass the owner of the Badlands, without a provocation. As such, I shall pay reparations to Gor and will give you all a choice. Since I am now a war criminal,” Theanore hugged the doll closer to herself. Thinking this was one thing, speaking it was another. She found she was lost for words. So, she pressed Princess Strawberry’s button and let the prerecorded speech play.

“We will never do this again!” Commanded the doll in her squeaky voice. “Those of you who wish to attack others and bring them pain must know they can leave the Apple Grotto dungeon at any time. I will be sad, Thea, too. But you must understand that we are listed as a peaceful dungeon and aren’t on trial, only because the Bone Crusher dungeon is blacklisted by everyone. If you wish to follow Rip and Hiss’ example, then do so! I wish you luck!”

Theanore hid her face behind the doll and turned her back to the gathering. Something soft rubbed itself by her leg and she saw Rip sitting on his back legs.

“My mate and I left, and we were lonely,” said the murder muffin, a tail wrapped around the nymph. “The world out there is full of fighting, yes, but there is only one Theanore. Only one nymph who sees us as equal. Only one home for us. Here, where we have banded together to build and make children happy. Many of you can leave now, but Hiss and I will never do something so foolish again. We will stay.”

Tania translated it all to Theanore, and she hugged the murder muffin. She peeked from behind his fur to see if someone was leaving, but found that everyone was staying rooted to their places.

“Well, war was boring. Building a house brought me a better challenge,” said an ant, and it went towards the grotto to see if the ants that stayed didn’t need help.

“I miss the pen. The grass tasted awful in the Badlands,” said Meredith the goat, and she and her fellow goats rushed towards the mountain where their pen was.

Tod went searching for Harry without a word. Maybe the boy will race with him around the lake? They had missed so many moments. The Tedsby just wanted to rest now.

One by one, the ants returned to their posts and took up various jobs around the grotto. No one left, and Theanore gave a big tuna to Rip to thank him for his speech.

Days passed and the Apple Grotto was faced with another challenge. It was the day of the festival. Theanore dressed in her best dress, a yellow sundress with lilies painted on it.

She got Marinus in a smart suit and even managed to get Mary in a lovely brown dress with Marigolds. Archibald had proven not to be difficult, as he had gotten into his suit with a giant teddy bear at the chest without much fuss.

It was decided that only the humans, and well, one nymph and a merman, were to go to the fair. That served the mobs just fine, as they were tired and didn’t want to leave their home again for quite some time.

Everyone used the teleport, but went back to the gate and paid the visitor’s task. It was important that the lamps had oil, after all. Then, they went outside the walls and to the fair grounds.

The merchants have already set up shop and were yelling about the positives of their wares to all who walked pass. There were three sections of the fair grounds. One for Alerion, one for the forest of plenty, and one for Eomis.

“We have to check out the competition. Mari, you head towards the Alerion stands. I will go to the forest of plenty. Remember everyone, your allowances of twenty gold coins is per day, so support your merchant of choice!”

Crassus nodded at this statement with pride. Normal competitors would urge the children to go and spend more in their stalls. But, not Theanore. She wanted the competition to be fair.

Children scattered happily, ready to stuff themselves with exotic sweets. Theanore wondered how her cocoa milk stall would fare against the one from Alerion.

Alerion had its cocoa plantations, they didn’t do business with the pixies of No Man’s Land. But Theanore was going to check that side of the fair too. But first, she was going to see what the elves had prepared.

The rules of the fair were simple. The merchant with the most sales will win. Since this year, the three major competitors had gotten the smaller ones on their side, it will be a combined score. Union by union.

Theanore was amazed at the colors of the stalls of the forest of plenty area. They looked as if they were straight out of a fairy tale. Suddenly, the stalls of Eomis looked shabby to her. But she was certain that the quality of her wares was no lesser than what was displayed here. And now, a doughnut stall was calling her with a faint strawberry scent.

2