Chapter 1: The OutCasts of Eternity
298 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Humanity are resilient creatures, not only did they survive a Global Pandemic but they also saw through the Third World War. Since then, the borderline shifted continuously as newer factions formed from the ruins of the old governmental system. 

Humanity didn’t stop there. Some people began searching for the next Final Frontier, the next place to colonize as Earth began to become less accommodating to the growing human populations. 

Many had tried but no one succeeded that is until someone managed to create a device capable of uploading human conscience into cyberspace. Soon after the discovery, many banded together from all walks of life  to tackle the age long question, “Can Humanity truly become immortal?”

The answer was more complex than some would think. To become immortal in cyberspace would mean that one would have to give up flesh and blood. There was so few volunteers to become test subjects that is until a group calling themselves, OutCasts approached them as they believed that cyberspace is the final step of human evolution.

By 2100, the OutCasts was completely digitalized. A few year later and with with the OutCasts help, a digital world began to slowly develop. In 2135, the OutCasts  gave birth to an AI construct whose primary goal is to over watch the growth of the worlds in cyberspace and to also help with humanity’s transition to the Digital Frontier.  The AI construct  codenamed, Evie by the OutCasts created digital humanoids to help jumpstart the economy which many referred to them as NPCs or Dolls.

The Digital Frontier, later called Eternity, was soon opened in 2139 for everyone. At first, there was not a lot of people who digitalized themselves however as time went on, a steady stream of soon formed as rumors of wealth and immortality spread over the internet. 

The rumor soon caused the first catastrophe in Eternity . In 2142, a massive war  broke out amongst the new residents and the old over land, wealth and prestige. The war itself saw no end, which leads us to the year of 2242 as OutCasts became a pioneer relic of the past.

It would be rude to say that the OutCasts dissolved due to the war. They were merely reformed and renamed to suit their new ideology and purpose. Going by Non-Patriated, No-Pats for short. They took jobs from anyone that pays well to keep their Base of Operation functioning and armaments well ahead of their rivals and enemies. What really turn most of the No-Pats on isn’t the money, but the thrill of a fight to the death which to some would say that isn’t a normal thought process that one should have.

Today one of their jobs is to assist one of their client to hold down a new world sector. Their reward is 50% resources gained from this new sector and a 60% war bond that is if everything went according to plan.

Two people were scanning a vast forest in front of them with binoculars. One of them lowered his binoculars down and looked at his buddy on his left side.

“Say, Tama. Why are we helping that Chinese commie General chick again?”

Tama who is still preoccupied in his binocular let out a sigh.

“Hey, watch it.”

Tama lowered his binocular down and looked at his buddy dead in the eye.

“In Eternity, nationality status is voided. Did you forget that Neil?”

Tama raise his binocular back up went back to scanning the area.

“That chick reformed a lot of the wrong doings committed by the very party she swore an oath to protect.”

Neil wasn’t going to let his debate go.

“Look here, once a commie is always a com-… OH SHIT!”

A shell whizzed past him which startled him. 

“Neil, in the Jeep. Now! That’s the entire freaking American forces from the NA sector! And they brought the Japanese and Germans!”

Tama quickly put away his binocular and ordered Neil to get in the vehicle. They both quickly got into the LATV 4 Recon Buggy and high gassed out and away from the massive invasion force. While driving, Tama turned on his communication  device .

Recon 1 to FireBase Hawk.

Tama can only hear the sound of statics

[Recon 1]Recon 1 to Hawk. Does anyone receive me!?

[FireBase Hawk] Recon 1. You picked a helluva time. We are getting bombarded by air strikes. I mean ALOT of air strikes.

[Recon 1]Hawk. Transmit these coordinates to the client

[FireBase Hawk] You are shit out of luck Recon 1. The air strike took out the communication tower. Long rang transmission is offline. You better hurry your ass here cause ours are getting whooped bad.

[Recon 1] FireBase Hawk, We are on our way.

When Tama and Noel reached FireBase Hawk, the air strike bombardments ended. Leaving behind traces of deep craters and debris. Luckily Tama saw that none of the vital buildings were severely damaged. However a lot of reserve vehicles were destroyed which put Tama in a pinch.

That pinch didn’t last long as Tama remembered brought a lot of explosives to this job. He gathered all of his men to briefly give them a quick run down  of his plan.

“Aight, Executioner and Flappy squad. You two will mine out the entire field  at the west and East flank.”

Tama then pointed at another two squad.

“Jasper and Joker squad will mine out the North and South flank.”

Tama paused for a brief second to gather his thoughts.

“As for everyone else. Get to your positions and bunker down!”

It did not take long for the FireBase to get busy and chaotic. Vehicles were being driven to key spots within the perimeter to provide anti-tank and anti-infantry support. Heavy weapons were brought out from the armory and placed at buildings with high vantage points.

Everyone knew what was coming after the shock part from the earlier air strikes. It is now a matter of determination and willpower to withstand the onslaught of the Americans Shock and Awe assault.

It won’t be easy as Tama already knew they were outnumbered and the attack could come at any given moment. Tama also knew his forces was being used as bait in a scheme by his client.  He recalled the conversation he had from a couple days ago with the client.

“Giving us 50% of the resources and bonds gained from assisting in the capture of the new sect sound lucrative but what’s the catch? General Leang? Or should I say Madam Tigress?”

The client, Leang coughed at the mention of her nickname back during her human days as a General for the PLA.

“Right. So this is a job with a slim chance of success on your end. What I want  you to do is to give the enemy the false impression of victory while my forces counter attack from behind.”

Leang paused and looked around to see if they were being spied on. 

“Remember hold as long as you can.”

Tama sighed once more and gave himself a facepalm.

“It’s easier said than done. They got like 1,000 combined forces while I brought a combat force of 600.”

Tama was immediately alerted as he felt an intense rumbling from the ground indicating that the combined American forces has begun their all out assault. 

“Fuck. This is going to be a long and brutal night…”

Tama cursed to himself as he ran back inside his Command Center.

7