Chapter 20
14 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My heart nearly exploded. Like me?!

"Since when?!"

"Since you told us about D.A.N.G.E.R.O.U.S . . ." He smiled, "I've been waiting so long to tell you that."

"Really? Wow . . . Big twist."

Elijah chuckled, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Why would you tell me now? Well I'm strapped to a chair?"

"Oh! Right!" Elijah came over and began undoing the straps that held me so tightly.

"Thanks." I said as I was finally able to move my arms.

I waited in silence as he got rid of all the other straps. Once he was done I stood up but nearly fell. Elijah caught me. 

"What about Liam?" I asked.

Elijah shrugged.

I sighed and looked at the wall to my right. Where the exit was.

"The exit!" I raced towards it and attempted to pull it open but it was locked. I groaned.

"Did you think they'd be that easy on us?" Elijah looked around, "At this point, our best option is to wait until someone comes."

"Who knows how long that will be? Besides, we don't have time!"

"What if you said something?"

"Like what?"

"Like um . . ." Elijah paused, "O! Like, 'Fine D. A.N.G.E.R.O.U.S! I'll follow your plan and I'll listen to you!' Or something like that." 

"You think that'll work?"

Elijah shrugged, "I'll have to hide again amd . . ." Elijah glanced at the chair.

"And I'll have to be strapped to the chair again? Oh this is just great!" I sighed and sat back in the chair.

"Sorry." Elijah muttered and strapped me back up.

I sighed again and Elijah crept back into the shadows.

"Fine!" I yelled,"I'll listen to you." 

The door opened the the lady walked in, "Glad your listening finally." She walked to be and undid the straps. 

"Yes yes. Now what do you want me to do?"

"You must stay here." She paused, "With Elijah."

"Elijah?!" I acted surprised.

"Yes. I'm sorry Thomas but he decided to work for D.A.N.G.E.R.O.U.S." She clasped her hands together and sighed, "But he had a good reason! He wants to be with you."

"Be with me . . . ?" I repeated.

The lady nodded.

I chuckled,"Stop lying. He doesn't like me. He has Mason." I shrugged as I stood up.

"Apparently he doesn't like him anymore or . . . Uh something."

"Wow helpful." I shrugged, "So . . . What do I get out of this?"

"A good life."

"A good life?! Where are you getting that?!"

"You'll be away from everything bad."

"What about Liam?" I whispered to her.

"Liam?" She repeated the name as though no one existed with that name.

"Yeah."

"Who's Liam?" The lady looked genuinely confused.

"Uh the guy who's friends with Mason? The one who we met when we ran away?"

The lady laughed, "What? With Mason?! Ha! No one was with Mason!"

"No one was . . . What?" My voice became shaky.

"Yes. Thomas, I'm sorry but there is no Liam."

 

I nearly screamed. She was lying! She had to be! Right? I gulped,

"What are you talking about . . . ?" 

"I'm sorry. We were trying to figure out a way to tell you. Liam is not there. He is a viewer though. Thr entire time it has been an illusion."

"But I touched him! Kissed him! Held his hand! Felt his tears!"

"That wasn't actually him."

Tears of my own began streaming down, "Are you going to now tell me that Elijah and Mason are fake?!"

The lady sighed, "I'm afraid so. But when you are with Elijah soon he will not be fake!"

All I wanted now was the lady to shut up. 

"And then everything will be alright! You'll go about your lives and-"

I lurched forward. My hand almost clasped around her throat before I was pulled away. Who was keeping me from her? I didn't care. I struggled to free myself but it was no use. Finally I looked and saw Elijah holding me.

"What are you doing?! Let me go!" I scream in his face.

"No Thomas. I can't do that." He tightened his grip.

Suddenly a thought came to my mind. He was going to leave bruises.

I went limp, "Stop! You're going to hurt me!" I protested.

Instantly he let go. I grinned and lurched for the lady again. My hands wrapped around her throat,

"Don't lie! Where are they?!"

This time, Elijah didn't try to stop me. He just watched in terror.

"They're in the Jungle!" The lady choked out. 

I let her go and ran to the exit.

"Let me out!" I tugged at the door, "Bring me to my friends!"

The door opened and it used through. Armed guards immediately took hold of me. Elijah came out of the room and took my hand. He touched something with his other hand and we were in a bedroom. Elijah took my to the bed and laid me down.

"Sleep." He commanded me.

"But-"

"Sh." Elijah kissed me softly, "Sleep." My eyes became heavy and I did what he had asked.

2