Chapter 17
10 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up to being carried down the dimly lit hallway. I was on Elijah's back. I saw Liam glancing at Elijah in an angry way,

"What's going on?" I asked lazily.

"Finally." Elijah let me down on my feet. 

Liam yanked my arm so I was nearer to him. 

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing. Just ELIJAH is trying to steal you away from me."

"Steal me away from you? Why would he do that?"

"That's what I'd like to know." Liam answered sternly.

"The problem is, I'm not." Elijah said with a eye roll.

"Sure." Liam said sarcastically.

"They had a whole argument about who was going to hold you." Mason explained, "Then Liam got mad and asked why Elijah wanted to hold you in the first place." Mason glanced at the two of them, "Then they got into a whole argument about it."

I looked at them and shook my head at the sight of them arguing. "Quit it!" I yelled.

They both stopped to look at me.

"He started it." Elijah muttered.

"No I didn't!" Liam yelled back.

"Did either of you even hear what I said?!" I hollered, "Why I change it then. SHUT UP!" 

Both of them stopped and Liam looked at me in a confused way well Elihah looked impressed. 

I groaned angrily and turned away from them. Mason glanced at me then back at Liam and Elijah.

"You guys messed up bad!" Mason told them.

Liam looked surprised at Mason and Elijah just sighed. 

"Let's go." I waved my hand to move us down the hallway. 

They all followed me as we went down the straight dimly lit hallway with no doors or windows. 

 

The word surprise came to my mind when we found the end of the hallway. It was a extremely long hallway that I had expected to never end. At the end if the hallway was a door. For some reason it had frost all over it and when someone touched the doorknob they instantly sprang back because it was so cold. I dug into my bundle and pulled out the command watch. I put it on. Suddenly a screen popped up in front of me,

'Hello Leader Thomas. What may I help you with today?' A robotic lady's voice read out the words.

"Uh . . . Let us get through this door?"

'As you wish.' 

The first on the door melted and turned into a puddle on the ground.

'You may now pass.'

I shrugged and reached for the door.

"Wait!" Elijah pulled my arm back.

"What?"

"What if it's a trap?"

"Oh quit it. We're fine." Liam reached out to touch the handle.

"If you get hurt don't blame me." Elijah stepped back.

Liam rolled his eyes then touched the know. He darted back and yelped in pain.

"Are you-" I began in a panic.

Liam burst out laughing, "You guys are way too gullible!"

I sighed and grabbed the doorknob, turned it to open it to a cold forest.

"A forest? Really?" Mason said with annoyance.

"I guess so. Let's go." I went through the door frame. Suddenlybefore the others could come through the door it slammed shut then disappeared. I was left alone in a cold damp forest. Alone.

 

I screamed. I couldn't think of anything else to do. I screamed for Liam and Elijah and Mason. I screamed because I didn't want to be alone. I screamed because I hated the cold. I screamed to let out any anger that I had. I fell to me knees into the soft snow that slightly melted into water and soaked into my pants. I got up and went under a tree as snowflakes began to fall from the sky. I looked at my command watch. Would it help me now? A screen popped up,

'Hello Leader Thomas. What may I help you with today?'

'I need something to keep warm.' I said because I was beginning to freeze.

'As you wish.' 

A thin blanket appeared and the screen blinked away.

I picked up the blanket and spread it over my body. It was the thinnest blanket I had ever seen but it worked. It was made of wool and was itchy on any part of my skin that was bare. 

I felt so lonely as I trudged through the forest. I stopped and stared at the trees. What kind were they? It was on the tip of my tongue. I went up to the bark of the tree. I touched it. I stared at the leaves . . . No pines. It was a pine tree. I went down and picked up a pinecone. I rolled it in my hand. I placed it my bundle. Who would know how long I would be here? I should take everything I might have to use. My heart sank when I thought of that. How long would I actually be here for? A creaking noise filled the air and I opened my eyes. A door was opened in front of me. When did that get there? I brushed off the question and ran through the door into warmth. It slammed shut behind me and disappeared. I looked around. I was in a living room with a fireplace, a couch, a bear rug, no windows, and a plate of cookies. That wasn't what scared me the most though. As I looked in the couch a old lady sat there. Knitting a scarf.

2